Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karl Henry 17:30 - Sep 20 with 1489 viewsbosh67

We certainly seem to be a lot tighter in the middle with him on. Definitely our fittest player at the moment. Yes he has shortcomings but he very much settled the middle today and was the only midfielder tracking back properly. Plus he brought the ball forward quickly and played it simple.

I thought he stabilised our terrible performance at Utd last week when he came on and with Barton and Mutch out for a while I think he deserves a shift in the starting 11 at the moment. Certainly works very hard and seems to set a bit of an example in that Fer definitely did more when he came on.

He gets a bad wrap and not many plaudits here but I think he plays with his heart on his sleeve and he's actually not bad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Karl Henry on 17:34 - Sep 20 with 1471 viewseghamranger

Your right, has done well when he came on.
Most positive I have seen him today, actually looked at going forward a lot and played some nice touches.
Last year he got the bal, turned with it and then played a square ball or backwards pass
Karl Henry on 17:40 - Sep 20 with 1455 viewsRed_Ranger

Agree.

Bobby also looked more of a threat than Varas!
Karl Henry on 18:11 - Sep 20 with 1409 viewsQPRMUSO

Well said, he deserves the mention today.
Karl Henry on 18:26 - Sep 20 with 1368 viewsHollowayRanger

always liked him

limited player but he keeps it simple and works hard

wasn't harry trying to sell him till faurlin done his knee in again

with mutch barton and the Brazilian all out injured we will be seeing a lot of henry

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Karl Henry on 18:32 - Sep 20 with 1358 viewsPunteR

I didnt see the game today but i also think he's one of our underated players.
I'm sure our results are better when he's in the team.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Karl Henry on 18:34 - Sep 20 with 1353 viewskropotkin41

He got some grief last year, but he always looks good to me. Works hard and that is the bloody secret to our survival or not I reckon.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Karl Henry on 18:37 - Sep 20 with 1336 viewsclassof93

Yes i would start him. He actually does defensive work, keeps his position and protects the back four.
Karl Henry on 18:38 - Sep 20 with 1334 viewsingeminate

Karl Henry on 18:26 - Sep 20 by HollowayRanger

always liked him

limited player but he keeps it simple and works hard

wasn't harry trying to sell him till faurlin done his knee in again

with mutch barton and the Brazilian all out injured we will be seeing a lot of henry

When karl henry is our go to man for corners and free kicks - well something isn't right.

That said his delivery was really good.

Puzzling all round.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Login to get fewer ads

Karl Henry on 18:52 - Sep 20 with 1302 viewsDiscodroids

i think it might have been bosh earlier in the week who called for him to start, fair play.

he's limited, but done what it says on the tin, tackled, short simple passing and got us going forward.

if you would have told me at the start of the season that we would have the dandy bea brummel and karl henry in the side and they were our best players.

i would have voted labour and built a shrine to kieth vaz from pepperamis

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Karl Henry on 19:30 - Sep 20 with 1241 views100percent

I thought he looked good too - as long as he keeps it simple and plays the short ball, he deserves credit. I also like the fact that he doesn't hide - always looking to be involved and always trying to link up play.
good solid professional....
Karl Henry on 19:35 - Sep 20 with 1214 viewsQPRDave

All we need of him is to break up attacks...did'nt see the game but i think he can do a
steady job for the team, as long as we don't want him spraying passes all over the pitch
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 19:36]
Karl Henry on 19:39 - Sep 20 with 1194 viewsclassof93

Karl Henry on 19:35 - Sep 20 by QPRDave

All we need of him is to break up attacks...did'nt see the game but i think he can do a
steady job for the team, as long as we don't want him spraying passes all over the pitch

Agree......best team does not always equal best eleven players
Karl Henry on 19:42 - Sep 20 with 1185 viewsPommyhoop

Karl Henry on 19:35 - Sep 20 by QPRDave

Yep .If Barton looked at Henry and played as he does instead of going for the Hollywood passes he would actually be world class in real life and not just in his own mind.

edit ..swap 'world' for 'prem' .Its been a long night...
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 19:44]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Karl Henry on 19:47 - Sep 20 with 1165 viewsCHUBBS

Superb today,we looked far more solid when he came on.
We looked defensless every time we lost the ball in the 1st half.
Karl Henry on 19:59 - Sep 20 with 1118 viewsstevec

Karl Henry on 18:32 - Sep 20 by PunteR

I didnt see the game today but i also think he's one of our underated players.
I'm sure our results are better when he's in the team.

True. Pointed out end of last season when Henry in side we averaged 2 points a game. Think only Charlie bettered it.
Karl Henry on 22:09 - Sep 20 with 954 viewsRBlock

Karl Henry on 17:40 - Sep 20 by Red_Ranger

Agree.

Bobby also looked more of a threat than Varas!

To be fair to Vargas I think that was more the shape and the way we set up/the opposition we were playing. He is lightning quick and needs space to run in behind defenders, similar to Remy. Stoke played deep and compact with 6 men in and around their box, taking that space away and neutralising his threat. Zamora can deal with balls pumped up to him/in from the wings better, and holds the ball up more competently than any other player in our squad which was what we needed at that point.
Karl Henry on 23:23 - Sep 20 with 876 viewsDylanP

Agree with OP. Henry looked very good, which surprised me. He was solid defensively but also looked good pushing forward. Well done to him.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Karl Henry on 23:34 - Sep 20 with 859 viewsganjR

I actually hope he becomes our Derry / Hill type player.
Write him off, but the 1 quality that keeps QPR, er, QPR, is the real 'honest pro' the one who keeps us competitive and proud of who we are.
Plays chess, plays piano, doesn't ever get snapped coming, mash up out of premises, never said a bad word about Joey (neither did Joey to him) and fitted in perfectly to one of our few successful squads in the history of the R's.
Fair play Henry. Keep it Blue and White brother. Much love.
Karl Henry on 00:26 - Sep 21 with 812 viewsjamois

I find it a most depressing idea, after the richest game in sport, the ecstasy of Bobby Z's last gasp winner, the promise of a summer transfer window with SKY & BT riches to spend, and with one of the most top top triffic managers available in club football...that Karl Henry is the answer.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Karl Henry on 07:16 - Sep 21 with 698 viewstimcocking

He's a better holding midfielder than Fer or Mutch. If they are going to play they need to be higher up.

Sandro, please get fit quick!
Karl Henry on 07:48 - Sep 21 with 666 viewsYorkRanger

Karl Henry on 07:16 - Sep 21 by timcocking

He's a better holding midfielder than Fer or Mutch. If they are going to play they need to be higher up.

Sandro, please get fit quick!

He did well, bit worried though if he is the answer
Karl Henry on 08:53 - Sep 21 with 595 viewsHunterhoop

And so it is.

Been saying Karl "the maestro" Henry, as he's know at the back of Pu (allez Karl), is much better than people think for months.

He is obviously technically limited, but so was Derry. He plays a role very well. Niko was obviously MotM yesterday but Henry controlled the midfield in the second half. His positioning was good and passing solid. He didn't hide and he worked a damn sight harder than Fer and Mutch had.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024