Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tactics, training and fitness levels 17:45 - Sep 20 with 2277 viewsbosh67

Tactics - we don't have any.
Training - not sure what is being trained.
Fitness - Severely lacking apart from Henry and a much improved Niko.

Not sure that there is too much wrong with the personnel on the pitch but there seems to be a general lack of belief at this level, no particular tactical plan and lord knows what Harry, Hods etc are doing for training.

Back four are slow to get the ball out. Very little link up play with the midfield. No tracking back leaving the back 4 exposed. No real link up or real service between midfield and the forwards. Far too much room between the three phases on the pitch. Far too little pace, mainly because there seems to be a general lack of plan on the counter as to what to do. Very poor ball management and possession management.

Mostly the right personnel but lacking in link ups between the defence, midfield and forwards. Austin and Vargas had to travel far too far to get the ball and ended up too wide or isolated.

If Niko hadn't played so well and Henry didn't stamp on the midfield second half we would have been taken apart and clueless.

We are quick to jump on the players but you look at them and think, if this lot had proper coaching, discipline in shape through training and were actually fitter then they should be holding their own. But they are struggling and the problem is the coaching in my humble opinion, or obvious lack of it, or at least a shape that the players understand where they are meant to be within.

I thought we were clueless under Wally last season but with new players and a better atmosphere around the place, allegedly, you would hope for better, but Glenn hasn't been at this level for a decade and Harry just seems to be tired and overwhelmed.

The players need to hunt and track in groups and back each other up and they just don't seem trained to do so. That has to be down to the coaching rather than the players.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Tactics, training and fitness levels on 07:17 - Sep 21 with 526 viewstimcocking

Are clearly farcical.
Tactics, training and fitness levels on 08:37 - Sep 21 with 480 viewsHAYESBOY

I haven't read all the posts on this thread but I am a little annoyed this morning with the reactions on here.
I have read loads of posts and I wonder what game they watched yesterday.
They range from Fer was rubbish to Phillips at fault for their second goal.

Thought we were the better team yesterday and that we were unlucky not to win. Because certainly their first goal should not of stood. Clear foul on Ferdinand but as was usual yesterday the ref was letting then get away with murder. How many penalties could we of had? At every corner there was clear shirt pulling and he could see it.

We had 21 efforts at goal to their 8. More passes, more possession, in their half more, 10 corners to their one. The only stat they beat us on was 15 fouls to our 6.

Think a point was at least what we deserved and should of had 3 against a side that just won at Man City.
Even more annoying is Hughes spouting about how they were the better side. Bollx.

Mystified as to the reactions of some about yesterday.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Tactics, training and fitness levels on 09:01 - Sep 21 with 459 viewsRanger78

I've just posted this on another thread but after reading this post, it feels more relevant to be here. Sorry for the repeat.

I agree with everything in the original post, it's now becoming so tedious. I seriously crave for Redknapp not be our manager.

It's a weird thing to say seeing as, under his management, I experienced my greatest day as a football fan but I honestly struggle to count on 1 hand the amount of games, we've looked good in or I've remotely enjoyed since he took over...... The list of games where I've felt bored, angry, embarrassed and humiliated is far to long to even record!!!

Although, yesterday, I'm prepared to give a small benefit of doubt as 2 injuries does change everything, my point remains the same. Whichever way you look at it, Stoke we're far better than us yesterday.

I can't believe the myth of him being a great tactician and brilliant man motivator who plays free flowing attacking football still exists.... I've seen nothing in the bore fest his team have served up
and his "i couldn't give a f%<" attitude drives me insane!!
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 9:04]
Tactics, training and fitness levels on 09:13 - Sep 21 with 446 viewsBasingstokeR

On average only Chelsea have had more shots per game than us this season so far, but we're only getting around 1/5 of those on target. We are the only team that still hasn't scored a goal from open play. Are we ever going to get a settled side for a number of games for the "gelling" to come? Would be nice to get a feeling the team had a game plan and ways they are going to work the ball up the pitch and into chance creating opportunities as it's looked very piecemeal so far - "go aht there and runaboudabit".

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/4311/Stages/9155/Team
Tactics, training and fitness levels on 09:34 - Sep 21 with 425 viewsandygg

Tactics, training and fitness levels on 08:37 - Sep 21 by HAYESBOY

I haven't read all the posts on this thread but I am a little annoyed this morning with the reactions on here.

Thought we were the better team yesterday and that we were unlucky not to win. Because certainly their first goal should not of stood. Clear foul on Ferdinand but as was usual yesterday the ref was letting then get away with murder. How many penalties could we of had? At every corner there was clear shirt pulling and he could see it.

We had 21 efforts at goal to their 8. More passes, more possession, in their half more, 10 corners to their one. The only stat they beat us on was 15 fouls to our 6.

Think a point was at least what we deserved and should of had 3 against a side that just won at Man City.
Even more annoying is Hughes spouting about how they were the better side. Bollx.

Wow, you seriously think we were the better team?
Time and time again our defence was ripped to shreds, and only poor finishing from Stoke saved us from a thumping.
Forget stats, most of our efforts were scuffed shots from long range.
We were poor again imho.
Tactics, training and fitness levels on 10:20 - Sep 21 with 394 viewsLythamR

I agree we should have won, the referee was awful and The first goal is inexplicable under the laws of the game, there is climbing and there is piledriving!

but for all that i would urge a close scrutiny of how many passes were under hit and passed to the wrong side of a player or passed to a player in a manor that meant they were under immediate danger of losing the ball.

These are the things that make a difference in games and we tend to be poorer at these elements than the teams we play against and we never seem to get any better.

Yes we had more shots than stoke but many of them were fairly desperate efforts as the final ball leading to the shot wasn't right. under hit passes also lead to players over extending to reach a ball, i am not suggesting that this directly results in injuries but it can't help can it

Instead of the player sound bites on official apr and the web site I would like to hear the coaching staff explaining what they are doing to improve on these deficiencies but of course all we get is platitudes and weRtogether unless i have missed these explanations.
Tactics, training and fitness levels on 10:21 - Sep 21 with 392 viewsDiscodroids

was thinking the same andygg.... their left back was played in by the hapless isla in the second half who missed a golden chance.

and as for the one n'zogbia missed from that charlie adams pass .....clear cut. as they come...

also worrying all 3 goals we have scored this season (all three!) have been set pieces , not one from open play.

i was happy with the draw at the end.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 10:23]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Tactics, training and fitness levels on 10:27 - Sep 21 with 381 viewsrsonist

Tactics, training and fitness levels on 09:34 - Sep 21 by andygg

Wow, you seriously think we were the better team?
Time and time again our defence was ripped to shreds, and only poor finishing from Stoke saved us from a thumping.
Forget stats, most of our efforts were scuffed shots from long range.
We were poor again imho.

Could very easily have been 4-0 or 5-0 to them. Stoke repeatedly tore us to shreds on the counter, missed a hatful, and the goals they did let in were ultimately self-inflicted (regardless of Niko's quality in taking advantage).

Tough run of fixtures coming up and make no mistake we will be getting pasted if we carry on like this.

On a side note, at the moment we are a stand-out case study in the absolute meaningless of statistics in football. You'd think we were fcking Barcelona the numbers people pull out - use your eyes, we are bobbins.
Login to get fewer ads

Tactics, training and fitness levels on 10:30 - Sep 21 with 376 viewsHadders

Unlike some on here, I`m no tactician, but even I commented during the game on our lack of pace yesterday. The sheer speed of thought and action that the better teams in the Premier League display is the main thing that makes this division stand out for me, and we often seemed so lethargic and lacking in ideas. Stoke, on the other hand, looked full of running and menace every time they crossed the halfway line. The Ferdinand incident others have mentioned (when he stood with the ball waiting for someone to pass to for what felt like an age) summed it up, though it did occur to me that in his younger days he might have beaten his man and charged forward with it.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 10:37]
Tactics, training and fitness levels on 11:25 - Sep 21 with 352 viewsPunteR

Stoke are a well established premiere team,I'm not sure how many players were new to their team apart from victor Moses who I really rate.
How many new players did we have?4-5? I think were just not gelling right at the moment which effects tactics which then effects fitness as players are having to think more about their positional play,either loosing a split second or having to move more into positions but then not receiving the ball anyway. We just don't seem to have a fluid momentum. A bit like watching England play,a team which also struggles with a consistent team selection.
Rednapp, Bond,Jordan,Hoddle have been in the game a long time and have produced some really good teams. I'm sure over time they will get this team going. 17th is easily achievable with this team and coaching staff.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tactics, training and fitness levels on 11:31 - Sep 21 with 347 viewsdaveB

Fitness seems to have been a problem at Rangers for years but the problem for me tactically is that we change it so much and I don’t think we work enough on implementing it.

Redknapp is a popular manager with players as he give them freedom to go and play rather than go through the boring but essential stuff in training such as patterns of play etc. After we lost 3-0 to Liverpool a few years back Redknapp said his players didn’t understand what he was asking of them so he worked on team shape in training showing the players exactly what he wanted and we beat Chelsea the next day, won at West Brom in the cup and got a few good draws as well looking organised for a change. I think that is something we should be doing again as this season we have gone from a back 3 to a back four, 5 man midfield to a 4 man diamond and it’s no surprise the players look a little unsure of themselves.

Three of the back four yesterday were new players and again is shows in that they don’t work well as a unit yet, it’s going to need time and a lot of work on the training field to get the understanding we need. Hoddle and co will earn their money in the next few weeks or will all be sacked by Christmas if it doesn’t improve.

Saying all that I thought we did ok yesterday, showed real character to come back twice which is not easy in this league and were a bit unlucky not to get at least one penalty so it’s not all doom and gloom.
Tactics, training and fitness levels on 12:05 - Sep 21 with 330 viewsTHEBUSH

Tactics, training and fitness levels on 18:20 - Sep 20 by kropotkin41

On this subject, just watching the West Ham v Liverpool game and asking myself if man-for-man we have an inferior squad to that of WH. I don't think we do, so why do we LOOK like we're not a team AGAIN?

For me the difference between WH and us is, they have a settled squad and have added to it sensibly.

I think we are heading that way, with the permanent signings of, Fer, Mutch, Phillips, Austin, McCarthy, Caulker and a few more.

We have an experienced manager and a decent coach, I think patience is needed more than anything. now !!
Tactics, training and fitness levels on 12:08 - Sep 21 with 329 viewswestberksr

Have to disagree apart from the actual stats and ref being a grade a twunt. I think the stats do us a massive favour compared to the reality of watching the game.

They just seemed better organized and knew what each other were supposed to be doing. We had a general lethargy and disorganized look that you shouldn't associate with a home team.

Fer frustrates me as he looks lazy tracking back and then does a couple of decent things, yet kept trying to play difficult passes in preference to simple ones (great if they come off but I don't recall one doing so) the ball was so slow coming out from the back and several times mutch ignored an intelligent run from vargas for a 5 yard square ball to barton.that meant stoke had an easy job maintaining their defensive shape, yet when given the opportunity they broke with speed. At which point our defense immediately lacked cohesion or shape.

Moses for me was motm by some distance. Phillips was better when he came on, but he and the rb combined to lose the ball in a dangerous spot for their second. Should Phillips have pushed on or remained closer to help play the ball out? Not sure but between the 2 of them it was a right fukk up.

Ref should get about 1/10 for turning up, other than that he was a useless prick that let them away with everything. Even for our first goal it should have been a pen if we'd not scored but no chance of that.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 12:16]
Tactics, training and fitness levels on 12:19 - Sep 21 with 305 viewsJigsore

buy 7 more in January and give 'arry his new contract

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Tactics, training and fitness levels on 14:18 - Sep 21 with 261 viewsHAYESBOY

The Nzonzi chance was the best chance other than the goals.

The Crouch chance first half was as a result of Barton pulling up with his hamstring. He wouldn't have got a shot off otherwise.

As to they should of had 5 first half. Really? They only had 4 on target all game.

Not saying we dominated the game but we were the better side yesterday.

From other threads I would agree with the points on Ferdinand and Isla.
Getting rid of Simpson now looks stupid. Isla does not look like a right back.
Ferdinand has been our worst player over the 5 games out of our back 4.
Onouha needs to come in but it wont happen.

Smells like a trout farm in here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024