Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why sell simpson? 20:22 - Sep 20 with 2377 viewsclassof93

Haven't seen anything from Isla to show he is any better than Simpson. In fact he looks weak defensively as a right back. Appreciate he was brought in on the basis of playing wing back in a 3 at the back system......which now seems to have been abandoned....overall seems poor business by the club especially as there is no other right back.
Why sell simpson? on 20:27 - Sep 20 with 2353 viewsbosh67

I thought Isla, who has been good up until now had a real dog of a game. Best to give him the benefit of a bad game but my dad also asked why we were so quick to sell Simpson. The only other players who can play there are Ned, who isn't getting a look in and Max, who seems to have disappeared from the squad's 25.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Why sell simpson? on 20:31 - Sep 20 with 2342 viewsPunteR

Money?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Why sell simpson? on 20:40 - Sep 20 with 2318 viewsclassof93

Why sell simpson? on 20:31 - Sep 20 by PunteR

Money?

Rangers don't need money
Why sell simpson? on 20:44 - Sep 20 with 2301 viewsqprmeath

I was told his court case was the main reason we let him go
Why sell simpson? on 22:10 - Sep 20 with 2179 viewsDiscodroids

never understood it at the time, i like you started a thread on it the day we flogged him off ...a few chants of' theres only one danny simpson' today as well when the second stoke goal went in..

im sure the foxes wouldnt have spunked 2 million on him if they were too worried about this impending court case.

hopefully isla will come through, what other options do we have..ehmer?

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Why sell simpson? on 23:49 - Sep 20 with 2088 viewsPilky

I think we should be patient with Isla. Personally I think he'll come good. Big difference between Premier League and Serie A. It might take a few more games for him to adopt to the style and pace of this league. Same goes for Vargas. As for Simpson, well who knows what's going on there.
Why sell simpson? on 00:29 - Sep 21 with 2049 viewssmegma

Why sell simpson? on 20:44 - Sep 20 by qprmeath

I was told his court case was the main reason we let him go

I believe he is over rated as well. Preseason he looked poor.
Why sell simpson? on 07:00 - Sep 21 with 1933 viewstimcocking

It's because he's no good as a wing back.

Login to get fewer ads

Why sell simpson? on 07:11 - Sep 21 with 1933 viewsjohnhoop

Why sell simpson? on 23:49 - Sep 20 by Pilky

I think we should be patient with Isla. Personally I think he'll come good. Big difference between Premier League and Serie A. It might take a few more games for him to adopt to the style and pace of this league. Same goes for Vargas. As for Simpson, well who knows what's going on there.

Unfortunately we have to be patient with Isla and pray that he gets better, as the sale of Simpson has left us with no real other option at right back. Having watched the highlights on MOTD it became clear that Clint Hill was made the scapegoat for the Old Trafford shambles after a performance nowhere near as bad as Isla's yesterday. God only knows what he thought he was doing with that backheel that set up their second goal.
I hope for his sake and the team's that he can make a rapid improvement defensively but if not we might actually be better off with Ned at right back. He may get a nosebleed when he crosses the half way line but at least he'd stand a chance of shutting out the opposing winger. With a team that's finding it as difficult to score as we are at the moment the last thing we need is a dodgy defence.
Why sell simpson? on 08:41 - Sep 21 with 1877 viewsDiscodroids

agreed we need to build from the back ..theres no platform to build from at the moment as we look like rourkes drift with both traore, isla and 'Rio' in the same defence...

does anyone really know what is up with Yun ?.

we need him back asap.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Why sell simpson? on 12:42 - Sep 21 with 1792 viewsCamberleyR

DS not in the starting XI nor on the bench for Leicester today. Injured?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Why sell simpson? on 13:02 - Sep 21 with 1773 viewsfakekerby

I don't think Simpson has even featured for Leicester yet.
Why sell simpson? on 13:05 - Sep 21 with 1764 viewsdaveB

was an odd decision to sell him and leaves us so short at right back. We have to hope Isla does well but early signs are not great
Why sell simpson? on 13:11 - Sep 21 with 1758 viewsfrancisbowles

The worrying thing about Isla is will he adapt? I read he wan't happy in Italy as he was being played on the left, now (sort of) out of position again. Had a real mare yesterday and for a player of his world cup pedigree (like Rio), won't be used to shipping so many goals.

Even when going forward yesterday he was losing possession and when defending was under a lot of pressure, from the excellent Moses, and constantly harassed by him and others into errors.
Why sell simpson? on 13:13 - Sep 21 with 1754 viewsclassof93

Why sell simpson? on 13:05 - Sep 21 by daveB

was an odd decision to sell him and leaves us so short at right back. We have to hope Isla does well but early signs are not great

Isla brought in to play wing back in a league he has never played in......a wing back system which has now been given up on so now playing as a conventional right back.....totally ridiculous business all round
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024