Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Fernandes 10:15 - Sep 21 with 7634 viewsHayesender

For me he has been a complete and utter failure as owner/chairman since he's been here.
From the moment he walked in and spunked a shed load of money on players like Anton Ferdinand and SWP, to then hiring Hughes and again spunking a shed load more on more wastes of spaces and then letting Redknapp do the same.
We were promoted more by luck than judgment last season and we kept hearing how we were gonna do it right this time, only for Fernandes again give in to demands in letting Redknapp sign an obviously past it Rio Ferdinand.
Warren farm, cargiant, ffp fines etc etc, this list of f#$k ups since TF has been here is endless.
Surely I can't be the only one sick of the sight of this man

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Tony Fernandes on 23:31 - Sep 21 with 1218 viewsPunteR

Tony Fernandes on 18:27 - Sep 21 by barabajagal

I'm talking about fans, you must remember a half empty Loftus Road 10-12 years ago, had season ticket in HL and it was empty, especially at night games. My point is that we can easily return to those days, so we need to enjoy our success while it lasts, and back TF while he is here. You are right, at the moment we are a Premier League club, and in my opinion that is because of Tony Fernandez, but we can easily drop a couple of divisions when he leaves, because we don't have the numbers. One of the more rewarding parts of being a Queens Park Rangers fan is that we have a smaller fan base than most in the top two divisions, yet have had success. If we want to keep that success, we need to back TF.

Tony Fernandes bought us when we were in the premier league. We got there without him,we haven't improved since. In fact we are making exactly the same mistakes we made when we were last in the premier league.
Still,its early days.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tony Fernandes on 23:32 - Sep 21 with 1215 viewsTheBlob

Tony Fernandes on 23:26 - Sep 21 by Harlesdon

To use the term COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE is sensationalist nonsense and therefore makes any point you make thereafter impossible to take seriously.

Clinging on to POTENTIAL mistakes like FFP/Car Giant which are still to be resolved sum up how desperately sad and bitter some of you lot can be, after all my years on these message boards I still can't work out that mentality and don't think I ever will.

Totally agree with this.
If dynamite was brains there wouldn't be enough of the stuff to blow some of our supporters' wigs off.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Tony Fernandes on 00:24 - Sep 22 with 1174 viewsbarabajagal

Tony Fernandes on 23:15 - Sep 21 by nadera78

To suggest there are 40 odd clubs bigger than QPR is nonsense. Utter drivel.

I didn't, I said most, and I would argue that in terms of attendance only, there are close to 30 clubs who get higher average gates than us when we are in the Championship (average gate of approx 16,600 last season, and we were doing well). I love our club, but the stats show that we don't have a particularly large home following relative to other clubs around us, we only had an average of 13,000 as recently as 2006-2007, which is fewer than Bradford had last year. If we could sustain a following that we showed at Wembley, then you would be justified in calling my musings 'utter drivel', but as yet, we can't. My point is that we could well be a league or two lower than we are without Fernandes, so I'll speak for myself and offer support.
Tony Fernandes on 00:29 - Sep 22 with 1166 viewsloftboy

Tony Fernandes on 00:24 - Sep 22 by barabajagal

I didn't, I said most, and I would argue that in terms of attendance only, there are close to 30 clubs who get higher average gates than us when we are in the Championship (average gate of approx 16,600 last season, and we were doing well). I love our club, but the stats show that we don't have a particularly large home following relative to other clubs around us, we only had an average of 13,000 as recently as 2006-2007, which is fewer than Bradford had last year. If we could sustain a following that we showed at Wembley, then you would be justified in calling my musings 'utter drivel', but as yet, we can't. My point is that we could well be a league or two lower than we are without Fernandes, so I'll speak for myself and offer support.

Bradford only charge £100 for season tickets, they have a pay less get more policy, if they charged £300 or whatever the league 1 average is there crowds would be half what they get now.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Tony Fernandes on 00:40 - Sep 22 with 1153 viewsbarabajagal

Tony Fernandes on 00:29 - Sep 22 by loftboy

Bradford only charge £100 for season tickets, they have a pay less get more policy, if they charged £300 or whatever the league 1 average is there crowds would be half what they get now.

A sound policy... I remember Jim Frayling persuading the Club to do something similar yonks ago, then with Season tickets lowered, attendance went up. I also remember some games were so poorly attended, the school end was full of school kids, again, a sound policy.
Tony Fernandes on 00:47 - Sep 22 with 1142 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tony Fernandes on 19:09 - Sep 21 by barabajagal

I thought he had 66% of the club? Is that not right? I think I've got a few shares somewhere too, bought by my mother in the 90s as an ill-advised birthday present. nothing quite works out as planned as a QPR fan, even my tattoo is obsolete due to Briatore's meddling.

He didn't buy 66%. The 66% is owned by a consortium - Fernandes and two friends. Mittal has the biggest single shareholding. They put their shares together as one yet each has the right to vote at board level, guaranteeing majority vote. That's why Amit is no longer running the club even though he is a better chairman.
Tony Fernandes on 00:52 - Sep 22 with 1149 viewsbarabajagal

Tony Fernandes on 00:47 - Sep 22 by SpiritofGregory

He didn't buy 66%. The 66% is owned by a consortium - Fernandes and two friends. Mittal has the biggest single shareholding. They put their shares together as one yet each has the right to vote at board level, guaranteeing majority vote. That's why Amit is no longer running the club even though he is a better chairman.

Thanks, a bit sloppy from me, even by my own poor standards.
Tony Fernandes on 12:21 - Sep 22 with 1041 viewsRangersAreBack

Managers and football teams are judged on results so why not chairmen? He has repeated mistakes, failed to deliver on his wild promises and saddled the club with astronomical levels of debt. In short, QPR has not moved forward under his tenure.

Time to separate Tony the (consortium) investor from Tony the chairman and place someone more competent in the hot seat.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 12:22]
Login to get fewer ads

Tony Fernandes on 12:44 - Sep 22 with 1011 viewspaulparker

If TF Fcuks up again this season then serious questions need to be asked
uncle tone seems to go from one disaster to another and is a bigger blagger than Paladini
learning from mistakes is what we hear,
ok we have , no striker, injury prone midfielders (sandro) and an over paid rio who is un droppable, we had our pants pulled down by remy even though tone was sending us stupid tweets about loading the Fifa game
no training ground as apparently we don't need one now
new stadium , believe it when I see it im afraid
he persists with Redcrapp even though its blatant that Arry takes the P*ss
he talks about long term, but I fail to see how anything can be long term with a manager who is 67
he has to get things right this season , no excuses , no more porkies

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tony Fernandes on 12:47 - Sep 22 with 1003 viewswhittocksRs

As always, the big issue with Fernandes and the Mittals is why they actually own the club. They've never answered that question properly.
Tony Fernandes on 12:48 - Sep 22 with 1003 viewsWeaverQPR

Said when he took over he build the club up from the bottom, 3 years in and i don't see any stable foundations.

@WeavQPR

Tony Fernandes on 13:50 - Sep 22 with 944 viewsDiscodroids

come on on PP, thats a bit harsh!!.

the 'Rio' jig of jigs in the second half when the ball( and my very will to live) lay dormant at his feet while stoke pulled out their sunbeds and we looked like the walking dead , was worth the entrance money alone.

the pass straight into touch to the intended reciepent 7 yards away after his jig of jigs was just a mere bonus..

i thought to myself..'i wonder what uncle tones thinking having spent uber millions with his unholy alliance with harold, culminating in the sight of the rack and pinion of this brave new world under harold, dancing like an ACCA qualified accountant at the xmas do with a lampshade on his head '

not much i would have thought.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 14:46]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Tony Fernandes on 14:34 - Sep 22 with 917 viewspaulparker

Tony Fernandes on 13:50 - Sep 22 by Discodroids

come on on PP, thats a bit harsh!!.

the 'Rio' jig of jigs in the second half when the ball( and my very will to live) lay dormant at his feet while stoke pulled out their sunbeds and we looked like the walking dead , was worth the entrance money alone.

the pass straight into touch to the intended reciepent 7 yards away after his jig of jigs was just a mere bonus..

i thought to myself..'i wonder what uncle tones thinking having spent uber millions with his unholy alliance with harold, culminating in the sight of the rack and pinion of this brave new world under harold, dancing like an ACCA qualified accountant at the xmas do with a lampshade on his head '

not much i would have thought.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 14:46]

That 2nd half was painful Disco
I did have a little chuckle to myself though seeing "bondy" with his mouth open staring into the Abyss , The Sky cameras caught it beautifully ,
BTW did err indoors enjoy it?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Tony Fernandes on 14:44 - Sep 22 with 897 viewsDiscodroids

Tony Fernandes on 14:34 - Sep 22 by paulparker

That 2nd half was painful Disco
I did have a little chuckle to myself though seeing "bondy" with his mouth open staring into the Abyss , The Sky cameras caught it beautifully ,
BTW did err indoors enjoy it?

yep, that impasse where rio just stood there with the ball for the length of a syd barrett sonnet was incredible.

mrs droid really enjoyed it , my nightmare came true when she pointed out the dandy and said"he's the best player on the pitch by a mile' whilst being moist no doubt .. i clenched my jaw and agreed.

beau brumell needs to shine over a few games to win me over, but he was good.very good.

going to west ham , the whole family going back generations are massive west ham, the old man, sister and 4 cousins still season tkt holders although dad rarely gets out of the working mans club to take his seat these days. he enjoys the crack more than the football now.

i hope we get mutch and barton back for then.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Tony Fernandes on 15:00 - Sep 22 with 886 viewspaulparker

Tony Fernandes on 14:44 - Sep 22 by Discodroids

yep, that impasse where rio just stood there with the ball for the length of a syd barrett sonnet was incredible.

mrs droid really enjoyed it , my nightmare came true when she pointed out the dandy and said"he's the best player on the pitch by a mile' whilst being moist no doubt .. i clenched my jaw and agreed.

beau brumell needs to shine over a few games to win me over, but he was good.very good.

going to west ham , the whole family going back generations are massive west ham, the old man, sister and 4 cousins still season tkt holders although dad rarely gets out of the working mans club to take his seat these days. he enjoys the crack more than the football now.

i hope we get mutch and barton back for then.

Even I have to admit Niko was good on Saturday, the only one who looked like doing anything , im starting to worry about Fer when the going gets tough he goes missing like a care worker in Rotherham
got a feeling Disco your family will be taking the p*ss when we play West Ham, they will bully us about like Gripper used to pick on fat roland in grange hill
only a midfield of Gary Waddock & Tony Currie can stop them

Tony Fernandes on 20:06 - Sep 22 with 813 viewsVancouverHoop

Neither ourselves nor Caterham have flourished under TF's ownership, which suggests he's more of a fan than a businessman when it comes to his sports holdings. I mean I really like the guy, and I'd love stand next to him during a match, but he's probably doing about as well as I – or most on here – would given his financial resources.

from the start he needed to hire a V.P. with both real footballing knowledge, and administrative experience, then take a few steps back. He still does. Unfortunately he brought Phil Beard. Someone who has part two of the equation but is utterly lacking in part one. For that he's relied on managers who's main interest, understandably, is immediate success, rather than long term building.

I must admit my faith in Chairman Tone is beginning to wane. I continue to admire his enthusiasm and commitment, and acknowledge that the timing of his takeover wasn't the best. Nevertheless there's precious little evidence that he's learned much about running our football club over the past three years.
Tony Fernandes on 20:53 - Sep 22 with 789 viewsElHoop

Before any money came in, we were skint in that we owed more than we were worth, so we are no worse off now, probably better off as we only owe money to the owners or money secured by the owners. We have the potential to get a new ground and secure our future in a London in which space is at a premium. For those reasons I'll back them and hope that they succeed. At least they have a vision which could secure the long term future of the club.

For me, they seem a bit too corporate, which isn't meant to be a compliment. The likes of Gregory and even the Thompsons were a lot more entrepreneurial looking.
Tony Fernandes on 22:04 - Sep 22 with 743 viewskysersosaqpr

Tony Fernandes on 10:38 - Sep 21 by LOTR

I don't post often, but i felt i needed to say something to respond to the ludicrous nature of this thread.

How on earth can you have a pop at Fernandes when most of us can still remember the days of Thompson, the most unpopular man in football and someone i despise to this day. You're having a go at Fernandes for putting money into the club? Would you prefer him to asset strip like some chairmans have done at other clubs. You've had a go at hiring and firing managers, would you prefer him to have kept Hughes? You've had a go at him QPR being promoted(at the first time of asking) due to luck.

I don't understand some of the "logic" espoused by some on here.

Spot on - some people are bonkers to think TF is anything but one of the best owners in football.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Tony Fernandes on 22:29 - Sep 22 with 730 viewsibnumber10

Tony Fernandes on 22:04 - Sep 22 by kysersosaqpr

Spot on - some people are bonkers to think TF is anything but one of the best owners in football.

+1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024