Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Fernandes 10:15 - Sep 21 with 7811 viewsHayesender

For me he has been a complete and utter failure as owner/chairman since he's been here.
From the moment he walked in and spunked a shed load of money on players like Anton Ferdinand and SWP, to then hiring Hughes and again spunking a shed load more on more wastes of spaces and then letting Redknapp do the same.
We were promoted more by luck than judgment last season and we kept hearing how we were gonna do it right this time, only for Fernandes again give in to demands in letting Redknapp sign an obviously past it Rio Ferdinand.
Warren farm, cargiant, ffp fines etc etc, this list of f#$k ups since TF has been here is endless.
Surely I can't be the only one sick of the sight of this man

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Tony Fernandes on 17:44 - Sep 21 with 1398 viewsClive_Anderson

"Am I missing something? Why would the new stadium falling through make us disappear? "

With losses of £170m, the owners aren't going to write that off without the big prize at Old Oak. A tenth of that amount could cause us to disappear.
Tony Fernandes on 18:00 - Sep 21 with 1379 viewsColombiR

Tony Fernandes on 17:44 - Sep 21 by Clive_Anderson

"Am I missing something? Why would the new stadium falling through make us disappear? "

With losses of £170m, the owners aren't going to write that off without the big prize at Old Oak. A tenth of that amount could cause us to disappear.

You may be right (see my final paragraph)... in which case how any QPR fan can think Fernandes is anything but greedy c*nt is incredible.
Tony Fernandes on 18:05 - Sep 21 with 1360 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tony Fernandes on 13:14 - Sep 21 by DylanP

Completely pathetic. Like a spoiled child with no memory or perspective. Wah wah wah! Its ridiculous.

If Amit was made Chairman, you would turn on him soon enough.

I seem to remember Amit doing a great job.
Tony Fernandes on 18:08 - Sep 21 with 1352 viewsTheBlob

Tony Fernandes on 18:00 - Sep 21 by ColombiR

You may be right (see my final paragraph)... in which case how any QPR fan can think Fernandes is anything but greedy c*nt is incredible.

Have I somehow drifted into an alternative universe where people use their arseholes to talk through?It's got to be the only explanation for crap like this.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Tony Fernandes on 18:11 - Sep 21 with 1342 viewsSpiritofGregory

Surely Tony won't offer Harry a contract? Why doesn't Harry fuc@ off and retire!
Tony Fernandes on 18:20 - Sep 21 with 1324 viewsRuislipHoop

TF has been with us 3 years plus and the team are worse now than when he took over.
Somebody should tell him the new training ground, new ground all normally follow on the back of success on the pitch.
Tony Fernandes on 18:23 - Sep 21 with 1314 viewsColombiR

Tony Fernandes on 18:08 - Sep 21 by TheBlob

Have I somehow drifted into an alternative universe where people use their arseholes to talk through?It's got to be the only explanation for crap like this.

So you think the fact that if the Old Oak project falls through QPR will disappear (which is the scenario I was referring to) is fine?
Tony Fernandes on 18:25 - Sep 21 with 1302 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tony Fernandes on 18:23 - Sep 21 by ColombiR

So you think the fact that if the Old Oak project falls through QPR will disappear (which is the scenario I was referring to) is fine?

They are banking on making millions from the development and using some of it to clear the debt. Good luck Tony, I don't think Mendes will be a pushover.
Login to get fewer ads

Tony Fernandes on 18:27 - Sep 21 with 1298 viewsbarabajagal

Tony Fernandes on 15:56 - Sep 21 by nadera78

A couple of people have made this claim about being a league one club recently, and it's utter bull sh@t.

I'm talking about fans, you must remember a half empty Loftus Road 10-12 years ago, had season ticket in HL and it was empty, especially at night games. My point is that we can easily return to those days, so we need to enjoy our success while it lasts, and back TF while he is here. You are right, at the moment we are a Premier League club, and in my opinion that is because of Tony Fernandez, but we can easily drop a couple of divisions when he leaves, because we don't have the numbers. One of the more rewarding parts of being a Queens Park Rangers fan is that we have a smaller fan base than most in the top two divisions, yet have had success. If we want to keep that success, we need to back TF.
Tony Fernandes on 18:36 - Sep 21 with 1277 viewswood_hoop

Tony Fernandes on 14:43 - Sep 21 by RANGERS4EVER

Were people happy under Briatore? No not at all. Were people happy wheb Fernandes took over? Yes. Were people happy when he put in money to try and help build our squad? Yes. Were people happy with most of the signings we made under Fernandes (before they had played games for us)? Yes. Were people happy he kept showing his ambitions for the club and wanted us to do well? Yes. Were people happy with the signings this Summer? Yes. All Fernandes has done is try to make QPR a better club. On paper Hughes and Redknapp did not seem like bad managers to bring in, Harry former England manager candidate, both with reasonably successful managerial careers. Most people were happy that we were signing players like SWP and Traore, most people were happy with Caulker and Fer. The fault of our failings has not been down to Fernandes, it is down to the players and managers who have failed to achieve the standards they should be performing at. Fernandes couldn't possibly have known Hughes would fail so badly, he sacked him, he brought in Redknapp, while he hasnt performed well he still got us promoted. I just don't see why Fernandes should get slated for things that were not his fault, but the fault of the players and managers who did not live up to the performances they should be giving

You are probably right to a certain extent, managers can be like putting your hand in a lucky dip, players not so much, but then as the paymaster TF is going to be held responsible for who he employs.

HR was not as popular choice as you may think, the HR manager for England was very much a 'mates in the media' led, the HR mafia out in full force when claiming he was off to the Ukraine, how I laughed when hearing this, spat his dummy when not getting the England job, TF may have been naive when it came to football matters, I take that with a big pinch of salt as well, TF took a gamble when taking our club on, the gamble was not on us, it was on the new stadium bringing in a good deal of profit, unfortuntely thats not quite going to plan yet, got this irratant also of a football club heamoriging money which he is being held reponsible for, life can be such a bitch at times......
Tony Fernandes on 18:36 - Sep 21 with 1274 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tony Fernandes on 18:27 - Sep 21 by barabajagal

I'm talking about fans, you must remember a half empty Loftus Road 10-12 years ago, had season ticket in HL and it was empty, especially at night games. My point is that we can easily return to those days, so we need to enjoy our success while it lasts, and back TF while he is here. You are right, at the moment we are a Premier League club, and in my opinion that is because of Tony Fernandez, but we can easily drop a couple of divisions when he leaves, because we don't have the numbers. One of the more rewarding parts of being a Queens Park Rangers fan is that we have a smaller fan base than most in the top two divisions, yet have had success. If we want to keep that success, we need to back TF.

Fernandes does not own the club, he needs to swallow his pride and reinstate Amit.
Tony Fernandes on 19:09 - Sep 21 with 1233 viewsbarabajagal

Tony Fernandes on 18:36 - Sep 21 by SpiritofGregory

Fernandes does not own the club, he needs to swallow his pride and reinstate Amit.

I thought he had 66% of the club? Is that not right? I think I've got a few shares somewhere too, bought by my mother in the 90s as an ill-advised birthday present. nothing quite works out as planned as a QPR fan, even my tattoo is obsolete due to Briatore's meddling.
Tony Fernandes on 19:32 - Sep 21 with 1195 viewsKerryE

Tony Fernandes on 11:16 - Sep 21 by Hayesender

Not pathetic at all.

What I find pathetic is grown men singing the name of a multi - millionaire like he's some kind of hero, when the reality is he is all hot air and bulls@$t

I remember people chanting Dave's name once, I would think he was a multimillionaire as well
Tony Fernandes on 20:44 - Sep 21 with 1145 viewsessextaxiboy

Tony Fernandes on 18:11 - Sep 21 by SpiritofGregory

Surely Tony won't offer Harry a contract? Why doesn't Harry fuc@ off and retire!

Because no one is relegated in September . There is still time for him to ram your opinion up your a@se.
Tony Fernandes on 20:49 - Sep 21 with 1136 viewskropotkin41

Tony Fernandes on 20:44 - Sep 21 by essextaxiboy

Because no one is relegated in September . There is still time for him to ram your opinion up your a@se.

In 80 games or so as our manager all HR has pretty much convinced people of is that we got relegated with a squad full of "stars", managed to get promoted through a stroke of injustice against a better footballing team, and that we are no the anti-Leicester, the laughing stock team that rolls over and gets its tummy tickled, that sits back and lets Manchester United play.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Tony Fernandes on 20:55 - Sep 21 with 1127 viewsYorkRanger

As someone else said short memories on here. Thompson, Wright, administration, Paladini, Briatore.

I'll take Fernandes - he has made mistakes, but has great intentions and ambition.
Tony Fernandes on 20:57 - Sep 21 with 1123 viewsRuislipHoop

Tony Fernandes on 20:55 - Sep 21 by YorkRanger

As someone else said short memories on here. Thompson, Wright, administration, Paladini, Briatore.

I'll take Fernandes - he has made mistakes, but has great intentions and ambition.

How long do we have to wait for those intentions and ambitions to become reality ??
Tony Fernandes on 20:59 - Sep 21 with 1117 viewsYorkRanger

Tony Fernandes on 20:57 - Sep 21 by RuislipHoop

How long do we have to wait for those intentions and ambitions to become reality ??

How do you define reality. We are watching Premier League football.
Tony Fernandes on 20:59 - Sep 21 with 1117 viewsessextaxiboy

Tony Fernandes on 20:49 - Sep 21 by kropotkin41

In 80 games or so as our manager all HR has pretty much convinced people of is that we got relegated with a squad full of "stars", managed to get promoted through a stroke of injustice against a better footballing team, and that we are no the anti-Leicester, the laughing stock team that rolls over and gets its tummy tickled, that sits back and lets Manchester United play.

Injustice? Hows that then . We scored from open play , it wasnt a bad decision . The score was 1-0. We won the match .
Tony Fernandes on 21:05 - Sep 21 with 1102 viewsSomersetHoops

Tony Fernandes on 10:38 - Sep 21 by LOTR

I don't post often, but i felt i needed to say something to respond to the ludicrous nature of this thread.

How on earth can you have a pop at Fernandes when most of us can still remember the days of Thompson, the most unpopular man in football and someone i despise to this day. You're having a go at Fernandes for putting money into the club? Would you prefer him to asset strip like some chairmans have done at other clubs. You've had a go at hiring and firing managers, would you prefer him to have kept Hughes? You've had a go at him QPR being promoted(at the first time of asking) due to luck.

I don't understand some of the "logic" espoused by some on here.

QPR were top London club, beat Manure 1-4 at OT, and were founder members of the Premier League under Thompson. Although he was accused of asset stripping the club and a large number of fans made the atmosphere at matches unpleasant by continually berating the owner during games, no set of owners since have achieved similar success. If the fans had been more supportive he may have invested what was necessary to make QPR a top club, because as a businessman, he would have wanted a slice of the TV money that was to come. The question that could be asked, but never answered is if it was not for the fan's negative attitude would Thompson have done better for the club?

Now Fernandes has had little, but positive attitude from the fans, but has performed appallingly as chairman. Mostly because of his communication skills (which Thompson lacked) and perceived best intentions, Fernandes still seems to have the goodwill of the fans, but if this season ends in another relegation the fans support of these owners will start to wear quite thin.

Who's Next?

Tony Fernandes on 21:09 - Sep 21 with 1089 viewskropotkin41

Tony Fernandes on 20:59 - Sep 21 by essextaxiboy

Injustice? Hows that then . We scored from open play , it wasnt a bad decision . The score was 1-0. We won the match .

Convinced people, I said. I was at Wembley and have made the argument many times that we played a good defensive game. As far as the footballing world is concerned it was an injustice, in fact when asked to comment on it the other day even Clive Allen said as much.

The point is that with the resources at our disposal we probably should have been promoted automatically. We underachieved at the end of a season of the most odd and awful football.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Tony Fernandes on 21:25 - Sep 21 with 1071 viewsessextaxiboy

Tony Fernandes on 21:09 - Sep 21 by kropotkin41

Convinced people, I said. I was at Wembley and have made the argument many times that we played a good defensive game. As far as the footballing world is concerned it was an injustice, in fact when asked to comment on it the other day even Clive Allen said as much.

The point is that with the resources at our disposal we probably should have been promoted automatically. We underachieved at the end of a season of the most odd and awful football.

Who give a flying f#ck what Clive Allen thinks ? I think he blocked a clearance into the net at Highbury but he will tell you he scored the winner in the FA cup semi ...
Tony Fernandes on 22:28 - Sep 21 with 1005 viewsTheBlob

Tony Fernandes on 20:57 - Sep 21 by RuislipHoop

Do you know anything about the designing and planning permission process and how devilishly long that can take?
On the playing side it's been a painfully short time to fashion a new team.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 22:30]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Tony Fernandes on 23:15 - Sep 21 with 965 viewsnadera78

Tony Fernandes on 18:27 - Sep 21 by barabajagal

To suggest there are 40 odd clubs bigger than QPR is nonsense. Utter drivel.
Tony Fernandes on 23:26 - Sep 21 with 948 viewsHarlesdon

To use the term COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE is sensationalist nonsense and therefore makes any point you make thereafter impossible to take seriously.

Clinging on to POTENTIAL mistakes like FFP/Car Giant which are still to be resolved sum up how desperately sad and bitter some of you lot can be, after all my years on these message boards I still can't work out that mentality and don't think I ever will.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024