Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ure 13:46 - Sep 21 with 3758 viewsTheBlob

2-0 up already.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ure on 15:43 - Sep 21 with 804 viewsDiscodroids

Ure on 15:30 - Sep 21 by Antti_Heinola

Come on, I talk a load of bollix most of the time. But some of the sh!t sticks to the wall if I throw enough against it...

your too modest antti, if it wasnt for your carlos the jackel political views id swear were related!

stuck on you antti!!

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ure on 15:44 - Sep 21 with 807 viewsTheBlob

Ure on 15:32 - Sep 21 by Antti_Heinola

Ha, I was thinking about that post the other week by someone who said 'Adel was mugging off our muggy fans again' - just a phrase that makes me laugh.
Glad you recommended Ulloa - can you try to recommend players to Harry in future then?

Hardly a freak result - indicative of how Man United have been playing for over a year - their win last week was more of a freak in terms of their form.

I thought you were stalking me anyway?

For my sins I recommended to the club Radamel Falcao Garcia and Vargas ages ago as well.Whether they took a blind bit of notice I'll never know.
You win some and you lose some.Oh,and Brit Asombalonga when he was at Wealdstone via Watford.......

Ure on 15:51 - Sep 21 with 769 viewsJigsore

oh lord i've just seen the Spurs WBA score too. But no worries ay it's not like we were going to get any points from those games anyway

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Ure on 16:32 - Sep 21 with 688 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ure on 15:43 - Sep 21 by Discodroids

your too modest antti, if it wasnt for your carlos the jackel political views id swear were related!

stuck on you antti!!

actually, if you digitally put photos of those two together, you'd pretty much get me, except much better looking.

Bare bones.

Ure on 22:37 - Sep 21 with 550 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ure on 15:37 - Sep 21 by TheBlob

We'll see,early days yet.

Not that early as far as they're concerned Blob, they will really have to motor to make a serious challenge for the title, and that is the benchmark for a club with their cash. And the crapness of their defence is not some sort of flash in the pan, they nearly gave us a goal at 1-0 and we weren't even looking for thew bloody thing.
Ure on 22:46 - Sep 21 with 533 viewsTheBlob

Ure on 22:37 - Sep 21 by CiderwithRsie

Not that early as far as they're concerned Blob, they will really have to motor to make a serious challenge for the title, and that is the benchmark for a club with their cash. And the crapness of their defence is not some sort of flash in the pan, they nearly gave us a goal at 1-0 and we weren't even looking for thew bloody thing.

You get these results early on in a season when the promoted teams are an unknown quantity.If it wasn't a freak result then United would have been turned over more often and Foxes would not have been slaughtered by Chelsea.But as the season progresses Leicester and the likes of Palace will get rumbled and we'll have a reality check.It's happened many many times.
I guarantee that when Leicester play at Old Trafford,and if you treat the game on aggregate,United will piss all over the tie.
Remember 2001 and United losing 6-1 to Southampton?They still finished third and which would be enough to get get them into Europe in today's money.
As Ethel Merman said....
The whole world is full of people who when these things happen say "these things happen"....
AND THAT'S WHY THEY HAPPEN!

Ure on 23:07 - Sep 21 with 508 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ure on 22:46 - Sep 21 by TheBlob

You get these results early on in a season when the promoted teams are an unknown quantity.If it wasn't a freak result then United would have been turned over more often and Foxes would not have been slaughtered by Chelsea.But as the season progresses Leicester and the likes of Palace will get rumbled and we'll have a reality check.It's happened many many times.
I guarantee that when Leicester play at Old Trafford,and if you treat the game on aggregate,United will piss all over the tie.
Remember 2001 and United losing 6-1 to Southampton?They still finished third and which would be enough to get get them into Europe in today's money.
As Ethel Merman said....
The whole world is full of people who when these things happen say "these things happen"....
AND THAT'S WHY THEY HAPPEN!

Agreed that Leicester and Palace [and Southampton, I bet] will find things tougher. Yeah, I expect that Leicester will lose at Old Trafford, quite likely by 2 goals or 3. To be "pissed all over" I'd define that as an aggregate margin of at least 3; ManU *could* win 5-0 or 6-1 but I wouldn't want to put money on it.

But I was replying to your reply to Clive where he said their defence was obviously fallible. It is and that's not going away soon. Their competitors are Chelsea and Man City - finishing 3rd is barely adequate for Man Utd in today's money; it means behind both their competitors, with Arsenal breathing down their neck and hoping that Liverpool don't get their act together to squeeze them out of the Champions' League again.

I like the Ethel Merman quote; it's the perfect riposte to Redknapp's comments after the Old Trafford game. Would be even better if he starts his next presser by belting out "Call me madam." That'd really give Nortern something to write about.
Ure on 23:21 - Sep 21 with 498 viewsTheBlob

Ure on 23:07 - Sep 21 by CiderwithRsie

Agreed that Leicester and Palace [and Southampton, I bet] will find things tougher. Yeah, I expect that Leicester will lose at Old Trafford, quite likely by 2 goals or 3. To be "pissed all over" I'd define that as an aggregate margin of at least 3; ManU *could* win 5-0 or 6-1 but I wouldn't want to put money on it.

But I was replying to your reply to Clive where he said their defence was obviously fallible. It is and that's not going away soon. Their competitors are Chelsea and Man City - finishing 3rd is barely adequate for Man Utd in today's money; it means behind both their competitors, with Arsenal breathing down their neck and hoping that Liverpool don't get their act together to squeeze them out of the Champions' League again.

I like the Ethel Merman quote; it's the perfect riposte to Redknapp's comments after the Old Trafford game. Would be even better if he starts his next presser by belting out "Call me madam." That'd really give Nortern something to write about.

Well I personally think that United will exact terrible revenge on Foxes and I will have a wager to that effect.
It's terrible indictment of a system that dictates you've lost everything on the shedding of three points - I can't believe United will not address the deficiences.This seems to be a league that's wide open this season,plenty of opportunities to gain ground,no outstanding talent like Suarez for starters and I don't see Liverpool finishing above the Galacticos.I'm sure if you'd ask a Manchester United supporter whether they'd take third - they'd snatch your hand off.In fact I did ask such question of a United friend of mine and he said "I'd snatch your hand off".It is THE raison d'etre - participation in the Champions League and the top up filthy lucre.

edit.Call me Madam - perfect.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 23:23]

Login to get fewer ads

Ure on 10:48 - Sep 22 with 404 viewsTacticalR

Under Greg Dyke's new scheme any club outside the top six beating Manchester United will be stripped of its name, relegated and renamed Chelsea B.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024