Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR 15:37 - Sep 21 with 8398 viewsmacclesfieldman

This is what can happen when you actually try to win a fuc*in game. Get rid of HR now and get Tony Pullis in.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 19:55 - Sep 21 with 1616 viewsRuislipHoop

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 19:49 - Sep 21 by VancouverHoop

I do think he wants those things, probably very badly. For one thing Phil Beard's association with the club makes no sense otherwise.

I agree however, that keeping them publicly front and centre at a very early stage in their development isn't a good idea. These are long-term projects with all kinds of opportunities to go pear-shaped, which will inevitably blow-back on the club as well as himself.

Warren Farm a good example.
I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 20:00 - Sep 21 with 1604 viewsstevec

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 18:54 - Sep 21 by daveB

Tony Pullis is a good manager but i'm not sure he's the answer for us, he did very well at palace last season but not sure we have the players to suit his style. A lot of the complaints about Redknapp has been not giving kids a chance, being too defensive, signing too many players etc, Pullis is not going to be any different,

I thought we did ok yesterday, played on the front foot all game and although it was far from perfect we showed good character and got a decent point in the end. We've a new team again and it will take time regardless of who the manager is. We're going to need to play a lot better away from home to stand any chance of staying up and start taking our chances at home but for me changing the manager again is the last thing we should do at this moment in time.

I'd see where we are after the Chelsea game in a months time and see how we've done in games at west ham, southampton and home to villa. If we get turned over similar to what we did at Spurs then things need to change.

Agreed Dave. We are lacking up front and need a right back who understands the concept of closing down but the midfield looks considerably better than our last term in the Prem. Sure it's a struggle but anyone who expected anything other than that has to be a little deluded.
I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 20:01 - Sep 21 with 1601 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 19:00 - Sep 21 by daveB

I agree but changing manager again and another new team in January won't stop the cycle.

It won't change the cycle keeping him either.

But he deserves far more time than this. I'd give him to the end of the season regardless personally, however much I want him out.

I thought we were fairly poor yesterday, dave. We'd have been booed off at HT but for Caulker's goal, and really Stoke dropped a b0ll0ck not pressing for the routine win they really should have had. How many chances did we create without set pieces ?That's my worry - fine yesterday because we scored 2 great goals from dead balls, but that won't happen every week.

There were good signs - Niko played well, Fer was impressive in patches, I thought Traore recovered to have a good game, and Phillips showed his pace. But overall i felt we were only just clinging on to their coattails.

Bare bones.

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 20:04 - Sep 21 with 1591 viewsqprewan

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 19:49 - Sep 21 by Jigsore

eh, you really think Eddie howe could manage the personalities in our dressing room?

Well maybe he would start by picking players on form rather than name or reputation.
I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 20:12 - Sep 21 with 1569 viewsWeaverQPR

Looking at the next six games id expect our goal difference to be around minus twenty in a month or so time.

@WeavQPR

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 20:16 - Sep 21 with 1558 viewsSomersetHoops

Tell you what, lets wait until we have ten games left and are deep in the relegation places and then call in Pullis to try to perform the same miracle that he did at Palace. Or better still give Harry an ultimatum that he changes his attitude and the negative way he sets up the team and starts getting results in the next 4 games or he gets the bullet.

BTW Hoddle has been involved long enough to have done something about it, rather than just sitting in the stand making notes. Has he lost it as well, or is he happy to keep his mouth shut and go along with this rubbish until a better offer comes along? He certainly isn't having anything like the impact McClaren had.

Who's Next?

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 20:18 - Sep 21 with 1552 viewsQPR_ARG

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 17:49 - Sep 21 by Cornish_oooRRRR

I don't know Sabella at all but this would be my kind of thinking too. Why not? We may go down anyway, would rather enjoy the football. Think we all hated Stoke under Pulis

The thing I like the most about Sabella is that his teams are always prepared.

He's not afraid to play 5 at the back, or 3. Depending on how he sees the opposition and his own team.

All his players perform better when they play for him than when they play elsewhere.

He can make his teams play attractive football, he can turn it into a counterattacking machine, he can close shop at the back.

Works really hard. Instills respect for the shirt, for the fans and for the club.

Did I mention he speaks English and has played for Sheffield United, Leeds and Argentina?

Can anybody here tell Tony about him?
I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 20:26 - Sep 21 with 1523 viewssevenhoop

We should get Derry
Login to get fewer ads

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 20:30 - Sep 21 with 1515 viewsQPR_ARG

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 20:01 - Sep 21 by Antti_Heinola

But he deserves far more time than this. I'd give him to the end of the season regardless personally, however much I want him out.

I thought we were fairly poor yesterday, dave. We'd have been booed off at HT but for Caulker's goal, and really Stoke dropped a b0ll0ck not pressing for the routine win they really should have had. How many chances did we create without set pieces ?That's my worry - fine yesterday because we scored 2 great goals from dead balls, but that won't happen every week.

There were good signs - Niko played well, Fer was impressive in patches, I thought Traore recovered to have a good game, and Phillips showed his pace. But overall i felt we were only just clinging on to their coattails.

I have to disagree. He had a lot of time and he was given another life even AFTER we went down with him as boss for the last 24 games of that campaign.

This is what I feared after Bobby scored at Wembley. To me, it was a very tricky situation. Because I wanted to win and get promoted, but I knew the price to pay was having to endure yet another season of Harry at the helm. He even renewed Bobby and we know Bobby can't play more than 20-30 minutes at full effort.

Give him more time and see your team in the Championship again in no time.

Read on this post that we have a good enough squad to stay up and I'd beg to differ.

Only one right-back (and he's been terrible and was unproven in England), no clear choice as left-back. Traore is a liability. Hill plays out of position when he's put there. Yun is unproven too.

Our quality if Caulker/Rio get injured or suspended, decreases big time. And Rio isn't even playing that great.

Not enough depth up front after Remy left.

So, at the very generous best, we have a nice little starting XI. But good squad? No, sir.

But give Harry till January and he'll disrupt the little harmony we could have by bringing in another 5 or 6 who will take a lot of time to adapt to the conditions, team-mates, relegation fight, etc.

Our football club cannot afford to give Harry more time. Time for what?
I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 20:46 - Sep 21 with 1490 viewskropotkin41

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 20:30 - Sep 21 by QPR_ARG

I have to disagree. He had a lot of time and he was given another life even AFTER we went down with him as boss for the last 24 games of that campaign.

This is what I feared after Bobby scored at Wembley. To me, it was a very tricky situation. Because I wanted to win and get promoted, but I knew the price to pay was having to endure yet another season of Harry at the helm. He even renewed Bobby and we know Bobby can't play more than 20-30 minutes at full effort.

Give him more time and see your team in the Championship again in no time.

Read on this post that we have a good enough squad to stay up and I'd beg to differ.

Only one right-back (and he's been terrible and was unproven in England), no clear choice as left-back. Traore is a liability. Hill plays out of position when he's put there. Yun is unproven too.

Our quality if Caulker/Rio get injured or suspended, decreases big time. And Rio isn't even playing that great.

Not enough depth up front after Remy left.

So, at the very generous best, we have a nice little starting XI. But good squad? No, sir.

But give Harry till January and he'll disrupt the little harmony we could have by bringing in another 5 or 6 who will take a lot of time to adapt to the conditions, team-mates, relegation fight, etc.

Our football club cannot afford to give Harry more time. Time for what?

Whilst I think we probably do have a squad that could survive - the question isn't whether we have great players, just whether we have, under the right circumstances, as much or more playing resources than at least 3 other teams - I agree that giving Harry time looks already like a recipe for disaster.

How bad will it have to get before Harry goes or something changes significantly? Here's the thing, the folks saying that it's too soon seem to have forgotten that we've had Harry in charge now for 75 league games + the play offs + a handful of cup matches........... I suggest that we all know what he's like and in fact pretty much everyone knows what he's like, except the increasingly insane looking minority who will still tell you he's a genius.

Every moment of last season that I saw was awful. Come on, even Bobby's goal came from luck, a stumble, and a defensive error. We got relegated the season before with barely a bloody whimper.

How bad, how out of love with football do we all have to fall before someone puts an end to this? I don't want us to win every game, I don't even expect us to consolidate our position in the Premiership ever, all I would like is to see a team that looks like it's properly prepared and set-up to fight for every ball and every point in every game all season. Leicester, WBA and Crystal Palace all showed what is possible in the Premiership today; Harry doesn't believe it, doesn't coach it. The last manager to have us show that kind of fight was, Heaven help me, Mark Hughes, and only then because he's gone back to using players from NW's time in charge.

No. Harry's got to go somewhere, even if it's only upstairs. The only problem is that TF in my estimation must be much better at running an airline than he is at running a football club and by the time we get the change we need (AND PLEASE GAWD NO MORE PLAYERS UNLESS WE'VE HAD ACTUAL CASUALTIES) we'll be so farked that we might as well not bother.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 20:50 - Sep 21 with 1482 viewsMonahoop

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 17:45 - Sep 21 by SpiritofGregory

We should get Pulis.

Now I know that some on here don't like him but didn't we not like Warnock before he was our manager? We need someone who knows how to keep teams in the Premier League on a modest budget. One thing that frustrates me more than anything about our players is the refusal to give 100%, we wouldn't have that problem with Pulis in charge.

How do you know? I seem to remember some on here saying the players would give 100% when Mark Hughes took over from Neil Warnock. Not even nearly right were they. Pulis is due a blip on his CV at some point. QPR will see that he gets it.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 21:23 - Sep 21 with 1440 viewsdaveB

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 20:01 - Sep 21 by Antti_Heinola

We were decent in patches yesterday, We look like a team of strangers which is what we are and until that settles down things won't improve
I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 22:54 - Sep 21 with 1352 viewsQPR_ARG

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 20:46 - Sep 21 by kropotkin41

Whilst I think we probably do have a squad that could survive - the question isn't whether we have great players, just whether we have, under the right circumstances, as much or more playing resources than at least 3 other teams - I agree that giving Harry time looks already like a recipe for disaster.

How bad will it have to get before Harry goes or something changes significantly? Here's the thing, the folks saying that it's too soon seem to have forgotten that we've had Harry in charge now for 75 league games + the play offs + a handful of cup matches........... I suggest that we all know what he's like and in fact pretty much everyone knows what he's like, except the increasingly insane looking minority who will still tell you he's a genius.

Every moment of last season that I saw was awful. Come on, even Bobby's goal came from luck, a stumble, and a defensive error. We got relegated the season before with barely a bloody whimper.

How bad, how out of love with football do we all have to fall before someone puts an end to this? I don't want us to win every game, I don't even expect us to consolidate our position in the Premiership ever, all I would like is to see a team that looks like it's properly prepared and set-up to fight for every ball and every point in every game all season. Leicester, WBA and Crystal Palace all showed what is possible in the Premiership today; Harry doesn't believe it, doesn't coach it. The last manager to have us show that kind of fight was, Heaven help me, Mark Hughes, and only then because he's gone back to using players from NW's time in charge.

No. Harry's got to go somewhere, even if it's only upstairs. The only problem is that TF in my estimation must be much better at running an airline than he is at running a football club and by the time we get the change we need (AND PLEASE GAWD NO MORE PLAYERS UNLESS WE'VE HAD ACTUAL CASUALTIES) we'll be so farked that we might as well not bother.

This!
I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 00:00 - Sep 22 with 1306 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 18:57 - Sep 21 by RuislipHoop

We have a new team every August,at some point we need to stop changing the players

Does being a yo-yo club mean we forever have a group of strangers playing together. The problem is, if we go down and keep failing to come up again we will keep on getting new managers and players. But the same is true if we keep struggling to stay up.

I don't see the way off this merry-go-round

It's got to be Yarg

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:39 - Sep 22 with 1204 viewsDANRANGER

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 09:11 - Sep 22 with 1178 viewshighlandbill

We have Harry,Kevin Bond, Joe Jordan and Glen Hoddle.What the hell do they do on the training ground? I dont want Pulis (he is after a big club and he would only stay until one came along). I still pine for Warnock but the reality is that we will plod on to survive by the skin of our teeth or once more become the laughing stock of the Prem. I am fed up!

At my age I should not be doing this!

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 09:17 - Sep 22 with 1168 viewsShotKneesHoop

If any one has the time, can they work out 'Arry's record with us, including goals for and against.

I bet it's a shocker.

Add to that, the number of differnt players in that time that have worn the hoops, I bet that's a record. Selection by brown envelope and tombola is his only strategy.

I bet it's worse that Hughes as well.

He has to walk the plank.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 09:29 - Sep 22 with 1163 viewspaulparker

Those results the weekend show up the fraud that is HR , we will go down with Arry in charge
As if said in the last few weeks Spurs are average probably the worst Spurs team ive seen in 6 years yet we lay down and died, made them look like real Madrid,
we then play a testimonial against utd, get spanked when they are garbage at the back
8 goals shipped without breaking sweat , when our rivals west brom & Leicester go to win,
sorry but HR is either clueless, or taking us for Mugs,
do we have a formation ?? if it is what is ??
we spend all pre season playing 3-5-2 , we then scrap it and go 4-4-2 , then on Saturday we played a diamond,
what ever formation we play we look so disjointed, we lack pace, lack confidence, we look unfit , our set pieces are a joke
that is all down to HR to sort, they are his players now ,
all those millions spent and we look the worst team in the division
we got out of jail on Saturday, I couldn't see us scoring , we were 2-1 down (sh*t defending rio & Isla ) with around 40 minutes left, by the 60 minutes mark we ran out of ideas and gave up
again this is down to HR , him & bondy just sat there with gormless looks on their faces
also why oh why did we not buy a striker with Pace, we are so crying out for an outlet upfront, someone who can run the channels,
everyman and their dog knew Remy was going,
we then get sandro who surprise, surprise is injured and who's knees are as good as douglas Bader, so much for learning by our mistakes eh Tone
last week people laughed at me for suggesting Warnock , well he has gone to Everton seen they were tired and went for a win ,
we would never had done that , even the most loyal of Arry fans would have to admit that , NW has gone to Newcastle& Everton and scored 6 goals , we would be lucky to get 6 attempts
we now have to massive away games West Ham & Southampton, lose those and we are in the Brown Stuff

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 10:01 - Sep 22 with 1141 viewsdaveB

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 09:17 - Sep 22 by ShotKneesHoop

If any one has the time, can they work out 'Arry's record with us, including goals for and against.

I bet it's a shocker.

Add to that, the number of differnt players in that time that have worn the hoops, I bet that's a record. Selection by brown envelope and tombola is his only strategy.

I bet it's worse that Hughes as well.

He has to walk the plank.

record nowhere near as bad as Hughes, included the playoffs but not cup games

Pld Won Lost Drawn For Against Points
2014/15 5 1 3 1 3 11 4
2013/14 49 17 2 7 41 19 80
2012/13 26 4 13 9 21 38 21

[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 10:03]
I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 11:15 - Sep 22 with 1094 viewsloftus77

As has been alluded elsewhere on this thread, I think the decision to sack Neil Warnock in January 2012 may well turn out to be the worst single mistake this club has made since selling Paul Goddard to West Ham in 1980.

I think TF panicked with NW simply because we were 17th and had lost 2wce to Norwich by that stage. I said at the time it was wrong. NW may have kept us up, but even it he hadn't, the para payments would have given us a geniune chance to rebuild a relatively debt-free squad at the time (?) under a manager who clearly knwos the Championship well.

Instead it has been crisis knee-jerk management ever since.
I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 11:25 - Sep 22 with 1085 viewskropotkin41

Yes, absolutely agreed. We could still have NW as manager - we might be in the Championship still, but I think continuity under Warnock would have been just the trick for us. Instead we're as indebted as a small African country, have a manager who seems uninterested and or to have forgotten anything he ever knew about coaching, and we're playing as badly as at any time in the last three seasons IMO.

Yes, HR "got us promoted"........... just and with by far the biggest war chest in the Championship. Some possibly most of you blokes suffered more minutes of being at matches last season than I did, but both the matches I went to and the ones I watched on a screen convinced me that there was something very badly wrong. We got promoted some how and I think we might yet live to rue Bobby's goal and the magnificent moments that followed it!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 12:01 - Sep 22 with 1066 viewsadhoc_qpr

TF is very predictable, he will adamantly say we'll stick with Redknapp, preaching about stability and probably give him a 2 year extension etc etc

But then if we continue our poor form over another 4 or 5 matches and are cemented in the bottom 3, he will panic and sack Redknapp (after giving him the new contract and doubling the pay off no doubt).

Then he will hire the most obvious media touted manager available - currently Tony Pulis if he hasn't been snapped up by another desperate club already...

I honestly think our season rests upon whether senior players like Clint Hill, Barton, Green etc can rally the players and make up for the deficit in training, tactics and fitness that 'Arry clearly has no idea how to address.
I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 12:51 - Sep 22 with 1041 viewswhittocksRs

This is a dangerous opinion that should never be voiced. Nothing is wrong at QPR — ever — and you must never intimate there is. I'll be sending round the 'Be a Real Fan and Shut Up' mob. They caught me recently and I now agree with everything they say. United was a wonderful game that Lil' Old QPR had no right to compete in.
I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 15:07 - Sep 22 with 984 viewsThaiHoop

Following Saturday's game and seeing what can be done if you send a team with any semblance of determination to attack against that United team I am now firmly in the "Harry has to go" camp.

He clearly couldn't give a monkeys about the club, which in itself wouldn't matter if he was delivering but he isn't and never really has (last season was rubbish and not even that wonderful day in May changes that)

After listening to Gerry on the podcast I'd happily have Pullis if it meant he was coming with him to be part of the club he loves again.
I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 15:26 - Sep 22 with 966 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm sorry but thanks to Leicester & West Brom I'm anti HR on 15:07 - Sep 22 by ThaiHoop

Following Saturday's game and seeing what can be done if you send a team with any semblance of determination to attack against that United team I am now firmly in the "Harry has to go" camp.

He clearly couldn't give a monkeys about the club, which in itself wouldn't matter if he was delivering but he isn't and never really has (last season was rubbish and not even that wonderful day in May changes that)

After listening to Gerry on the podcast I'd happily have Pullis if it meant he was coming with him to be part of the club he loves again.

There are a lot of bad managers in the league but i do wonder if ours could be the worst of the lot?

Lambert and Monk looked poor last year but have started well.

Alan Irvine is completely unproven but got a good away win at the weekend at Spurs.

Warnock seems to have energised Palace, but again early days.

It really comes down to 'Arry and Alan 'Chunky' Pardew in the worst manager competition for me!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024