Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Loft, with no child 17:14 - Sep 21 with 10791 viewsizlingtonhoop

Reports are reaching me that hi-vis pests were causing ructions in Loftus Rd, refusing entry to family stand ticket holders without the youngun.

Any eyewitness accounts?
No Loft, with no child on 17:38 - Sep 21 with 5458 viewseghamranger

Not yesterday, just prob with the turnstile and loads of people got in late
No Loft, with no child on 17:40 - Sep 21 with 5435 viewsTheBlob

Simple solution ......
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/22-soft-vinyl-inflatable-baby-doll_4712893

.....or hire one of Woking's midgets.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

No Loft, with no child on 17:54 - Sep 21 with 5408 viewsizlingtonhoop

No Loft, with no child on 17:38 - Sep 21 by eghamranger

Not yesterday, just prob with the turnstile and loads of people got in late

My dad said that someone told him, in the Blue and White, that his mate had been handed a ticket for the School End cos his kid wasn't with him. I guess he then deduced that the build up was down to over fussyness rather than crap equipmant.
No Loft, with no child on 18:05 - Sep 21 with 5362 viewsSussexR

It's true. Some were refused entry. When I went in, without my 16 year old, was told that from next game no child, no entry. Even though my U16 season ticket was paid for, not given free.

Ructions ensued with many upset. Continued after the game at the box office.
No Loft, with no child on 18:05 - Sep 21 with 5360 viewsted_hendrix

Izlington,

This is what I posted earlier today on some other thread.

I think the moaning is due to get worse, just before kick off yesterday the guy in front of me said that he was warned that if he turned up again without his kids he would be refused entry.
In addition I was told at half time that three people were indeed refused admission yesterday.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

No Loft, with no child on 18:10 - Sep 21 with 5337 viewseghamranger

at 12.45 they let anyone in. was with daughter, but all the stewards left and had gone in
No Loft, with no child on 18:59 - Sep 21 with 5221 viewsdaveB

ridiculous situation, if the club sell you a ticket for the lower loft they should let you in. If you don't meet the new criteria they shouldn't sell you the ticket and take your money. Simple as that really
No Loft, with no child on 19:29 - Sep 21 with 5132 viewssotonsuperhoop

No Loft, with no child on 18:59 - Sep 21 by daveB

ridiculous situation, if the club sell you a ticket for the lower loft they should let you in. If you don't meet the new criteria they shouldn't sell you the ticket and take your money. Simple as that really

Prob is for two or three seasons now adults are gaining entry using children's membership cards and therefore not paying the full ticket price, as cards are just swiped there is no physical check to say who us getting in
Login to get fewer ads

No Loft, with no child on 19:31 - Sep 21 with 5125 viewswombat

Got in the ground early , couple behind me tried to get in sorry no kid no entry they explained there kid was ill last I saw was them stuck outside the ground , sent a message to ian Taylor he replied it was sorted and they was allowed in and to contact the box office to take it further , when this all kicked off pre season the box office said if you for some reason wasn't allowed to enter the family stand due to lack of kiddy wink for some reason , you would be reseated elsewhere in the ground , how are they gonna do that when we play any of the big boys I ask ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

No Loft, with no child on 19:32 - Sep 21 with 5124 viewsSussexR

I agree. It seems the club insist the child goes every game for me to sit in my seat.
No Loft, with no child on 19:34 - Sep 21 with 5114 viewseghamranger

Tbf, people should be there before 12.45, I had a few pints on fri night, we left late, stuck in traffic, something to eat and then 200 people in the queue down loftus road! If there was a problem with turnstile then test it on fri or email it text to get early. Didn't bother me, but some for hump, stewards didn't care, got in 5 mins late, but would be annoyed if missed a goal. But tickets were not checked and let's face it, it's bums on seats, 20 stewards outside and all they care about is if you have a lid on your coke bottle.
No Loft, with no child on 19:42 - Sep 21 with 5076 viewsSussexR

I can't understand what difference it makes if the child doesn't attend. After all if I have the season tickets I've proved I qualify to sit there, and I've paid to sit there.

Why should I have to sit somewhere else behind a pillar simply because my child isn't with me?
No Loft, with no child on 19:49 - Sep 21 with 5047 viewsTacticalR

No Loft, with no child on 19:42 - Sep 21 by SussexR

I can't understand what difference it makes if the child doesn't attend. After all if I have the season tickets I've proved I qualify to sit there, and I've paid to sit there.

Why should I have to sit somewhere else behind a pillar simply because my child isn't with me?

We can't just have people going round saying they've got children. Children must be produced as proof.

Air hostess clique

No Loft, with no child on 19:50 - Sep 21 with 5048 viewshamptonhillhoop

I turned up with my 10 year old daughter yesterday. She ran ahead of me to the turnstile. I was then stopped and asked where my junior was and she was stopped further on and asked where her adult was!
I then had a conversation with a female steward who told me I wouldnt be allowed in without a junior:
Me: "what if she's ill?"
Steward: "you'll be relocated"
Me: "what if it's a sell out?
Steward: shrugs shoulders
Me: "good plan"
My dad turned up just before kick off and wasn't asked anything. It will be interesting to see what happens before night games when many younger kids don't come. Also, this wasn't mentioned when the tickets were purchased. It just seems unnecessary nit picking and creating problems where they don't need to exist
It was also the first game where there were spaces in the school end, so maybe they'll only do it when they can relocate people, which makes it doubly pointless
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 19:53]
No Loft, with no child on 19:58 - Sep 21 with 5014 viewsted_hendrix

I purchased my ST the day they went on sale, not anywhere was it mentioned about bringing a sprog with me, I'll just about live with being told where to sit but on my ST it tells me where I'm sitting, I've paid for that seat and I'll sit on the cnt just as I have done for years.
Pedantic I might be but the second I'm refused entry I'll walk round to the box office and ask for a refund, get in the car and say thanks for the last 50 odd years but bolox to yer.
40,000 brand new all seater stadium my arse and anyway what ever happened to those poor bastards who got chucked out of C block or whatever that nonsense was about?

No Loft, with no child on 20:01 - Sep 21 with 5003 viewsNorthernr

Saturday, nice weather, only the third game back in the Premier League, important game for the team - dozens of empty seats right behind the goal, where the home support used to mass, there for the players and everybody on television to see.

Well done QPR.
No Loft, with no child on 20:11 - Sep 21 with 4968 viewsSussexR

No Loft, with no child on 20:01 - Sep 21 by Northernr

Saturday, nice weather, only the third game back in the Premier League, important game for the team - dozens of empty seats right behind the goal, where the home support used to mass, there for the players and everybody on television to see.

Well done QPR.

Spot on. The atmosphere in the Lower Loft is like a morgue these days.
No Loft, with no child on 20:12 - Sep 21 with 4955 viewsRuislipHoop

No Loft, with no child on 20:11 - Sep 21 by SussexR

Not surprising,very little to cheer.
No Loft, with no child on 20:21 - Sep 21 with 4921 viewsSussexR

No Loft, with no child on 20:12 - Sep 21 by RuislipHoop

Not surprising,very little to cheer.

Yeah, you're right.
No Loft, with no child on 20:26 - Sep 21 with 4897 viewsSomersetHoops

No Loft, with no child on 20:11 - Sep 21 by SussexR

This is the work of Phil Beard who paid no attention to the history of the Loft, had no consultation with the fans and just decided he was going to destroy something that made QPR what it once was. Can you imagine if the directors of Liverpool decided they were going to make the Kop a family area?

Who's Next?

No Loft, with no child on 20:33 - Sep 21 with 4868 viewsSussexR

No Loft, with no child on 20:26 - Sep 21 by SomersetHoops

This is the work of Phil Beard who paid no attention to the history of the Loft, had no consultation with the fans and just decided he was going to destroy something that made QPR what it once was. Can you imagine if the directors of Liverpool decided they were going to make the Kop a family area?

Yep. At the time I wrote to him predicting what would happen. What I didn't know was that they would then make the rules up as they go, making it compulsory for the child to attend.
No Loft, with no child on 20:40 - Sep 21 with 4850 viewsflynnbo

I did bring this up in my post of 7th August and my box office contact was Sean Tucker. But getting back to yesterday, my mate wondered why they didn't have any hand held scanners to alleviate any subsequent congestion. Too obvious, I'd imagine.
No Loft, with no child on 20:48 - Sep 21 with 4820 viewsizlingtonhoop

Thank goodness I gave Mrs Iz strict instruction to put her thumb casually over the bit that says Mr on my ticket, should anyone demand a look before the machines that don't work got theirs.
Who knows what might've happened to Iz Junior if they found out he'd brought the wrong parent.
No Loft, with no child on 20:58 - Sep 21 with 4785 viewsted_hendrix

Does anyone remember those last few home games in the Prem under Hughes that we won? slowly but surely the loft dragged those goals into our net.
What about the Oldham game? I swear in the dying minutes the loft was seconds away from bloody exploding.
What about the Loft in the 70s? you'd be losing 1 or 2 nil at half time but it didn't matter because you knew that if you were kicking towards the loft in the second half you'd turn it around and the lads invariably did.
Halcyon days maybe but to me the loft is a bit special or used to be, its important but its gone.

No Loft, with no child on 20:59 - Sep 21 with 4778 viewsBrightonhoop

No Loft, with no child on 20:01 - Sep 21 by Northernr

Well done QPR.

Loft looked awful on the telly. Whoever came up with this idea needs shooting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024