Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Loft, with no child 17:14 - Sep 21 with 11016 viewsizlingtonhoop

Reports are reaching me that hi-vis pests were causing ructions in Loftus Rd, refusing entry to family stand ticket holders without the youngun.

Any eyewitness accounts?
No Loft, with no child on 21:17 - Sep 21 with 2044 viewsdaveB

No Loft, with no child on 20:58 - Sep 21 by ted_hendrix

Does anyone remember those last few home games in the Prem under Hughes that we won? slowly but surely the loft dragged those goals into our net.
What about the Oldham game? I swear in the dying minutes the loft was seconds away from bloody exploding.
What about the Loft in the 70s? you'd be losing 1 or 2 nil at half time but it didn't matter because you knew that if you were kicking towards the loft in the second half you'd turn it around and the lads invariably did.
Halcyon days maybe but to me the loft is a bit special or used to be, its important but its gone.

Lower Loft was a family stand for those games under Hughes, i din't think it makes a great deal of difference to the atmosphere, if we play well it rocks if we don't it's dead

The rules for the family stand were the same last season, I got an arsey letter from the club threatening to ban my child if he missed another game (he missed 3 midweek ones) and after several arguments with them they told me I needed to report into them if my son couldn't make the game so they could sell his seat and i would be relocated. Complete nonsense.

If they ever stop me going in I'll be asking for my money back and that'll be the end for me supporting this club attending matches, I'll watch it on tv and save a fortune
No Loft, with no child on 21:24 - Sep 21 with 2019 viewsSussexR

No Loft, with no child on 21:17 - Sep 21 by daveB

Lower Loft was a family stand for those games under Hughes, i din't think it makes a great deal of difference to the atmosphere, if we play well it rocks if we don't it's dead

The rules for the family stand were the same last season, I got an arsey letter from the club threatening to ban my child if he missed another game (he missed 3 midweek ones) and after several arguments with them they told me I needed to report into them if my son couldn't make the game so they could sell his seat and i would be relocated. Complete nonsense.

If they ever stop me going in I'll be asking for my money back and that'll be the end for me supporting this club attending matches, I'll watch it on tv and save a fortune

They designated the Lower Loft a family stand a number of years ago under Tango & Cash, but it's only last season I think that they kicked people out from season tickets if you had no kids. Now they are saying that the kid must go every game for the adult to sit there. Not many kids can go to every game, especially when the game days are all over the place in the prem.
It's total madness, and very poor treatment of loyal fans.
No Loft, with no child on 21:35 - Sep 21 with 2006 viewsted_hendrix

No Loft, with no child on 21:17 - Sep 21 by daveB

I thought the atmosphere against those chelshit bastards was awesome even though it was a family stand, the atmosphere in those remaining games under Hughes picked up dramatically, take the Liverpool game for example when for 75 minutes we were dead and buried and hey presto guess what? an evening game with not many kids about.
If you get in and I don't at the next home game take a look around you, I did yesterday and the parents far outweighed the kids in numbers. If they turn people away without kids at the next home again I think it will be a catastrophe for the club.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

No Loft, with no child on 21:45 - Sep 21 with 1991 viewsSussexR

No Loft, with no child on 21:35 - Sep 21 by ted_hendrix

I thought the atmosphere against those chelshit bastards was awesome even though it was a family stand, the atmosphere in those remaining games under Hughes picked up dramatically, take the Liverpool game for example when for 75 minutes we were dead and buried and hey presto guess what? an evening game with not many kids about.
If you get in and I don't at the next home game take a look around you, I did yesterday and the parents far outweighed the kids in numbers. If they turn people away without kids at the next home again I think it will be a catastrophe for the club.

100% correct. I can't understand how the club can be so far removed from how fans feel.
No Loft, with no child on 22:25 - Sep 21 with 1946 viewsCiderwithRsie

Thought this was going to be a previously undiscovered Bob Marley song for a bit
No Loft, with no child on 22:29 - Sep 21 with 1938 viewsgigiisourgod

Phil Beard = shitkhunt.
No Loft, with no child on 09:07 - Sep 22 with 1809 viewswombat

No Loft, with no child on 21:35 - Sep 21 by ted_hendrix

they cant actually sell a single seat though , remember chaps the rules are you aren't allowed in WITHOUT A CHILD ! so loads of empty seats most weeks

if you have bought a season ticket for the lower loft you have met the criteriea , sorry you cant change the criteria when you like

Poll: which is your favouite foot

No Loft, with no child on 12:15 - Sep 22 with 1736 viewsthemodfather

heard there was long queues as they checked the families..ok my son has already gone in, prove otherwise?!!
Login to get fewer ads

No Loft, with no child on 12:21 - Sep 22 with 1728 viewsdaveB

No Loft, with no child on 09:07 - Sep 22 by wombat

they cant actually sell a single seat though , remember chaps the rules are you aren't allowed in WITHOUT A CHILD ! so loads of empty seats most weeks

if you have bought a season ticket for the lower loft you have met the criteriea , sorry you cant change the criteria when you like

That's the argument i have made several times when they tell me I have to put my sons seat up for sale, whenever I did it last season his seat remained empty. Complete waste of time
No Loft, with no child on 13:10 - Sep 22 with 1680 viewsdaveB

anyone know Phill Beards email address? Is it just phillipb@qpr.co.uk
No Loft, with no child on 13:53 - Sep 22 with 1637 viewswombat

No Loft, with no child on 13:10 - Sep 22 by daveB

anyone know Phill Beards email address? Is it just phillipb@qpr.co.uk

while having a conversation with ian taylor on twitter sat during the game he said to speak to the box office about this matter , don't expect a reply from phi I reply to everyone beard he has a deputy cant remember his name though prob on the clubs directory

No Loft, with no child on 13:54 - Sep 22 with 1634 viewsTacticalR

I've said this before, but if the club could just keep a supply of small children on hand who could be rented by the hour, then the problem would be solved. Now where did I put Beard's email address?

Air hostess clique

No Loft, with no child on 14:12 - Sep 22 with 1601 viewsdaveB

No Loft, with no child on 13:53 - Sep 22 by wombat

while having a conversation with ian taylor on twitter sat during the game he said to speak to the box office about this matter , don't expect a reply from phi I reply to everyone beard he has a deputy cant remember his name though prob on the clubs directory

thanks, have emailed that fans liasion bloke, Beard never responds anyway
No Loft, with no child on 18:11 - Sep 22 with 1514 viewsterryb

No Loft, with no child on 09:07 - Sep 22 by wombat

Exactly Wombat.

Such a rediculous position for the club to be takimg.
No Loft, with no child on 18:20 - Sep 22 with 1507 viewswombat

No Loft, with no child on 18:11 - Sep 22 by terryb

Exactly Wombat.

Such a rediculous position for the club to be takimg.

The thing which really worries me is now they are trying to make an issue of this and if fans are stopped going in they won't return , when this happend it was done in such an underhand way with zero consultation before hand. It's just wrong and is killing what atmosphere there is most sats.

Lots of fans I knew and we're season ticket holders were told simply sorry you ain't allowed to renew pleas sit in a diff area and sod your mate who u sit with but don't have a contact number for they can sit elsewhere. They haven't come back fans of over twenty plus years just simply walked away just to accommodate little johnny for half the matches when it's warm and sunny and a decent kick off time

No Loft, with no child on 18:35 - Sep 22 with 1381 viewsNorthernr

Next home match Liverpool. Now that will be interesting given what happened last time they were down here.

Spend the first three home games against unattractive opposition being openly hostile to QPR fans trying to watch their team from their home stand with legitimately purchased tickets then don't expect people to react kindly when the club's "official ticketing partner" Viagogo fills that area with Liverpool fans using all the single tickets you've forced people to return because their kid happens to be at a fcking birthday party that afternoon. Can't imagine the atmosphere will be tremendously family friendly that day if Balotelli happens to whop one in after ten minutes and a whole load of plastic London-based Scousers leap out of their seats in the Lower Loft.
No Loft, with no child on 18:51 - Sep 22 with 1361 viewsRickyDicky

No Loft, with no child on 18:35 - Sep 22 by Northernr

Next home match Liverpool. Now that will be interesting given what happened last time they were down here.

Spend the first three home games against unattractive opposition being openly hostile to QPR fans trying to watch their team from their home stand with legitimately purchased tickets then don't expect people to react kindly when the club's "official ticketing partner" Viagogo fills that area with Liverpool fans using all the single tickets you've forced people to return because their kid happens to be at a fcking birthday party that afternoon. Can't imagine the atmosphere will be tremendously family friendly that day if Balotelli happens to whop one in after ten minutes and a whole load of plastic London-based Scousers leap out of their seats in the Lower Loft.

said it before, but one day it's going to get nasty and it will all be down to Viagogo.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

No Loft, with no child on 20:23 - Sep 22 with 1310 viewsloftboy

No Loft, with no child on 18:51 - Sep 22 by RickyDicky

said it before, but one day it's going to get nasty and it will all be down to Viagogo.

A man united fan got nutted in the west paddock a couple of years back, he wasn't gobbling off or even clapping, but a bloke who used to sit a couple of rows behind me Sussex him out and took umbrage, bang out of order IMHO, loads of times I've sat in home ends usually because we used to get kept in and it meant missing the early trains.
Obviously wearing colours and acting like Bertie bollocks you get whatever you get but this kid kept his mouth shut.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

No Loft, with no child on 20:43 - Sep 22 with 1289 viewsdaveB

I don't think you can buy lower loft tickets in viagogo anymore, certainly ticket master wouldn't sell me a ticket when i tried to get my wife one for the Sunderland game, had to go through the box office and prove she wasn't a lunatic and related to our child.
No Loft, with no child on 20:45 - Sep 22 with 1288 viewswombat

No Loft, with no child on 20:23 - Sep 22 by loftboy

A man united fan got nutted in the west paddock a couple of years back, he wasn't gobbling off or even clapping, but a bloke who used to sit a couple of rows behind me Sussex him out and took umbrage, bang out of order IMHO, loads of times I've sat in home ends usually because we used to get kept in and it meant missing the early trains.
Obviously wearing colours and acting like Bertie bollocks you get whatever you get but this kid kept his mouth shut.

Funnily enough I won't be in my seat for the Liverpool game as I've got friends coming to the game , so I'll be sat elsewhere if I found out a away fan has sat in my seat that day I'll be contacting the box office fairly quick that's for sure , be interesting where they relocate fans who don't meet this seasons criteria though

No Loft, with no child on 23:51 - Sep 22 with 1238 viewsloftboy

No Loft, with no child on 20:43 - Sep 22 by daveB

I don't think you can buy lower loft tickets in viagogo anymore, certainly ticket master wouldn't sell me a ticket when i tried to get my wife one for the Sunderland game, had to go through the box office and prove she wasn't a lunatic and related to our child.

The other day there were single tickets for the chelsea game which isn't until March in the lower loft going for £245

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

No Loft, with no child on 00:01 - Sep 23 with 1234 viewsTacticalR

Out of interest, do Liverpool and Chelsea viagogoists have to bring their children?

Air hostess clique

No Loft, with no child on 00:16 - Sep 23 with 1223 viewsNorthernr

No Loft, with no child on 00:01 - Sep 23 by TacticalR

Out of interest, do Liverpool and Chelsea viagogoists have to bring their children?

No. That's the thing that wound people up last time - that and them wearing colours and jumping up when Suarez scored. QPR fans hounded for not having kids, but go on Viagogo and pick up tickets as a Liverpool fan no problem.
No Loft, with no child on 00:23 - Sep 23 with 1216 viewsLutonianR

No Loft, with no child on 20:23 - Sep 22 by loftboy

Loftboy I assume that was the one who was sitting in the front row? He looked like he'd gone to the game with a QPR fan, although I'd worked out he was a Man Utd fan because when he looked towards their fans he was miming to their songs. I don't see how anyone behind you could've noticed that though.
No Loft, with no child on 00:36 - Sep 23 with 1212 viewskensalriser

I bought a LL ticket on viagogo season before last and was quickly contacted by the box office and told I would have to be relocated as it was a family stand. Obviously I am on the club database. So, how the hell is someone who may not be on the database and not accompanied by a child going to successfully buy a ticket and gain entry?

Aside from that, disastrous policy that puts the club into conflict with lifelong fans, for what? Do they really think that young children are going to make every midweek game when they have school the next day and might not get home before midnight?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024