Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Loft, with no child 17:14 - Sep 21 with 11020 viewsizlingtonhoop

Reports are reaching me that hi-vis pests were causing ructions in Loftus Rd, refusing entry to family stand ticket holders without the youngun.

Any eyewitness accounts?
No Loft, with no child on 00:41 - Sep 23 with 1884 viewsNorthernr

No Loft, with no child on 00:23 - Sep 23 by LutonianR

Loftboy I assume that was the one who was sitting in the front row? He looked like he'd gone to the game with a QPR fan, although I'd worked out he was a Man Utd fan because when he looked towards their fans he was miming to their songs. I don't see how anyone behind you could've noticed that though.

"he was miming to their songs"

Wish I'd given him a clout myself
No Loft, with no child on 00:43 - Sep 23 with 1884 viewseastside_r

No Loft, with no child on 00:36 - Sep 23 by kensalriser

I bought a LL ticket on viagogo season before last and was quickly contacted by the box office and told I would have to be relocated as it was a family stand. Obviously I am on the club database. So, how the hell is someone who may not be on the database and not accompanied by a child going to successfully buy a ticket and gain entry?

Aside from that, disastrous policy that puts the club into conflict with lifelong fans, for what? Do they really think that young children are going to make every midweek game when they have school the next day and might not get home before midnight?

'So, how the hell is someone who may not be on the database and not accompanied by a child going to successfully buy a ticket and gain entry?'

The answer, I'm afraid is quite simple. The club obviously get a cut on any Viagogo tickets and if they're sold at massively inflated prices then..................................
No Loft, with no child on 00:47 - Sep 23 with 1878 viewsTacticalR

No Loft, with no child on 00:16 - Sep 23 by Northernr

No. That's the thing that wound people up last time - that and them wearing colours and jumping up when Suarez scored. QPR fans hounded for not having kids, but go on Viagogo and pick up tickets as a Liverpool fan no problem.

OK, so can't the QPR fans without children pretend to be Liverpool fans?

Air hostess clique

No Loft, with no child on 07:07 - Sep 23 with 1823 viewsDevon_4_England

Whilst this no junior no entry in the Loft ruling is completely daft and unworkable what really is sad is the lack of understanding by the Club about the Loft and what it means to Rangers fans.

For many of us it was the place our Dad took us for the first time to watch a game and the emotional atttachment to the place has meant many generations of QPR fans stood on the Loft like their Father and Grandather before them.

It was the place when you were tiny and new to coming to Rangers you would go into School on Monday morning or after a night game buzzing from the previous day with stories of the atmosphere and the surge forward when an attack took place or a goal was scored.

I was lucky enough to start going as an 8 year old in the mid 80's and some of the most powerful memories of my childhood are being with my Dad and my friends queing up outside to get in, paying £1.50 to get in then heading down the front or being sat on a bar so i could see thinking how high it was if I fell.

In those days stewards would take "juniors" of drinking age trying to sneak in for a couple of quid and make them queue with the adults to get into the Loft.

After years of standing in the Loft then refusing to move upstairs with my mates into the Upper loft after the all seated move what the Club are doing to this part of the ground and as someone said earlier in the thread coming into conflict with long term supporters is a disgrace.

When I walk past the Loft entrance it still takes me back to 86/87 and 87/88 and all those wonderful memories.

When I took my Dad back to a game last season for a night game with my brother and tried to upgrade my two Son's junior season tickets on the night so my Dad and brother could sit with me in the loft I was told I couldn't do this because it was a family stand and I didn't have a kid with me.

Makes you laugh really after 30 years of support standing there with my Dad, who introduced me to Rangers, and one of my QPR brothers being told it is a family stand and we'd have to move elsewhere.

If the owners really want to engage with supporters and mean all this we R together hashtag marketing talk then they need to learn their history about the Loft and Loftus Road and who their supporters are and what is important to them.

We're the Loft boys Shepherds Bush
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 8:30]
No Loft, with no child on 07:41 - Sep 23 with 1801 viewsterryb

I understand that roller (representing not606) has exchanged E mails with Ian Taylor on this issue & that he has promised some answers fo wednesday night.

I believe that all of us must stand shoulder to shoulder with our fellow fans in the Lower loft that are affected by this & give them our full support.
No Loft, with no child on 09:46 - Sep 23 with 1717 viewsdaveB

No Loft, with no child on 23:51 - Sep 22 by loftboy

The other day there were single tickets for the chelsea game which isn't until March in the lower loft going for £245

oh dear, it will get messy then if that's the case
No Loft, with no child on 09:58 - Sep 23 with 1703 viewsqprxtc

I have a family season ticket in LL with my wife and nephew. We don’t always turn up to the ground at the same time because, well we’re adults and we don’t do EVERYTHING together. I may want to stay in the pub a bit longer, she may want to do some shopping before the game, whatever.

I can’t see how Rangers can become our Nanny and tell us how we arrange our day around the game. What the f*** has it got to do with them how we go to football. We’ve paid over £1000 for those seats and I’ll be f***** if they tell us that we have to go to football all together or we’re not coming in.

Life doesn’t work like that and Rangers are not going to tell me when I should turn up to the football and who with. If I wanted that I’d live Pyongyang!

If they want to stop me at the next home game, they can try. But they’ll have a bloody fight on their hands. And I’ll be wanting my £1000+ back in cash.
No Loft, with no child on 10:19 - Sep 23 with 1666 viewswombat

No Loft, with no child on 09:58 - Sep 23 by qprxtc

I have a family season ticket in LL with my wife and nephew. We don’t always turn up to the ground at the same time because, well we’re adults and we don’t do EVERYTHING together. I may want to stay in the pub a bit longer, she may want to do some shopping before the game, whatever.

I can’t see how Rangers can become our Nanny and tell us how we arrange our day around the game. What the f*** has it got to do with them how we go to football. We’ve paid over £1000 for those seats and I’ll be f***** if they tell us that we have to go to football all together or we’re not coming in.

Life doesn’t work like that and Rangers are not going to tell me when I should turn up to the football and who with. If I wanted that I’d live Pyongyang!

If they want to stop me at the next home game, they can try. But they’ll have a bloody fight on their hands. And I’ll be wanting my £1000+ back in cash.

just rung the box office to get some extra tickets for the Liverpool game said I was lower loft season ticket holder , said id like to buy 2 more tkts , yes sir that wont be a problem would you like them in the Family stand , actually had to tell him he couldn't actually sell them to me as hed be breaking the rules they set up. if it was any other club youd think what a joke wit us its like yeah this is normal lol

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

No Loft, with no child on 10:46 - Sep 23 with 1640 viewsSussexR

No Loft, with no child on 07:07 - Sep 23 by Devon_4_England

Whilst this no junior no entry in the Loft ruling is completely daft and unworkable what really is sad is the lack of understanding by the Club about the Loft and what it means to Rangers fans.

For many of us it was the place our Dad took us for the first time to watch a game and the emotional atttachment to the place has meant many generations of QPR fans stood on the Loft like their Father and Grandather before them.

It was the place when you were tiny and new to coming to Rangers you would go into School on Monday morning or after a night game buzzing from the previous day with stories of the atmosphere and the surge forward when an attack took place or a goal was scored.

I was lucky enough to start going as an 8 year old in the mid 80's and some of the most powerful memories of my childhood are being with my Dad and my friends queing up outside to get in, paying £1.50 to get in then heading down the front or being sat on a bar so i could see thinking how high it was if I fell.

In those days stewards would take "juniors" of drinking age trying to sneak in for a couple of quid and make them queue with the adults to get into the Loft.

After years of standing in the Loft then refusing to move upstairs with my mates into the Upper loft after the all seated move what the Club are doing to this part of the ground and as someone said earlier in the thread coming into conflict with long term supporters is a disgrace.

When I walk past the Loft entrance it still takes me back to 86/87 and 87/88 and all those wonderful memories.

When I took my Dad back to a game last season for a night game with my brother and tried to upgrade my two Son's junior season tickets on the night so my Dad and brother could sit with me in the loft I was told I couldn't do this because it was a family stand and I didn't have a kid with me.

Makes you laugh really after 30 years of support standing there with my Dad, who introduced me to Rangers, and one of my QPR brothers being told it is a family stand and we'd have to move elsewhere.

If the owners really want to engage with supporters and mean all this we R together hashtag marketing talk then they need to learn their history about the Loft and Loftus Road and who their supporters are and what is important to them.

We're the Loft boys Shepherds Bush
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 8:30]

Devon that is a great post. When I first went into the Loft in 1963 as a 5 year old, the adults sent all of the kids to the front to make sure we had a good view of our heros. (in fact I think at the front of the Loft there was a separate walled off section for the kids)What a difference now, as a fully paid up adult season ticket holder I cant go in without a kid.

Is there no one at the club with a background of our history as a club? What a state of affairs.
No Loft, with no child on 14:02 - Sep 23 with 1532 viewsbigstevec

I have emailed Andy Rees to ask what the clubs official stance is on this before I put it before the rest of the LSA committee.
No Loft, with no child on 17:51 - Sep 23 with 1461 viewsstevenagehoop

No Loft, with no child on 14:02 - Sep 23 by bigstevec

I have emailed Andy Rees to ask what the clubs official stance is on this before I put it before the rest of the LSA committee.

I am another disgruntled season ticket holder. I renewed three tickets including one for a nine year old. That was knowing that she would not be able to make evening kick offs because of the lateness of getting her home and knowing that kick off times would be changed due to television schedules that I would have no control over.
I accepted I would lose value on the ticket because of those reasons. It was also obvious that she would on occasions also have other things that she would want/have to do on some match days and that she would miss matches because of illness and I would lose money there too.
As far as I am aware none of the three tickets were discounted so I received no financial benefit for sitting in the family stand - the silver prices were the silver prices. I do not recall being told that I would not be allowed access to my seat on the occasions she was not able to go.
As now seems to be being touted we are to be moved to another part of the ground - interesting as to the position on matches which are all- ticket sell outs - which may or may not be restricted view when it is possible to find vacant seats.
I have supported this club through thick and thin - more thick ,but thats part of the attraction, and cannot believe that having introduced a card entry system such as they have that the club do not have the ability either technical or man-power wise to catch those people who apparently abuse the system by letting adults use children tickets ( a reason being put forward for this sanction being introduced). Doesn't seem a proportionate response by the club to me.
Still,I dont think they need to worry too much about having a family stand because at this rate from what I have been hearing and reading a lot of people will vote with their feet and not return. Well done to all concerned!

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

No Loft, with no child on 17:57 - Sep 23 with 1455 viewsterryb

Posting this from Report.

(To be shared)

From Ian Taylor

re Lower Loft feedback from Saturday …

Club staff from Box Office, Marketing, Operations & Press have met internally today. The club will be writing to every adult Season Ticket holder in the Family Stand in due course. A group of families will be invited into Loftus Road for a meeting with club staff to discuss any outstanding issues. In the meantime, we welcome any further feedback. Please email boxoffice@qpr.co.uk

Read more: http://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/40013/taylor-brief-statement-family-seatin
No Loft, with no child on 18:07 - Sep 23 with 1439 viewsstevenagehoop

No Loft, with no child on 17:57 - Sep 23 by terryb

Posting this from Report.

(To be shared)

From Ian Taylor

re Lower Loft feedback from Saturday …

Club staff from Box Office, Marketing, Operations & Press have met internally today. The club will be writing to every adult Season Ticket holder in the Family Stand in due course. A group of families will be invited into Loftus Road for a meeting with club staff to discuss any outstanding issues. In the meantime, we welcome any further feedback. Please email boxoffice@qpr.co.uk

Read more: http://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/40013/taylor-brief-statement-family-seatin

there lies the rub - "will be writing to all adults in the family stand in due course" they should have had those discussions before they sold the tickets . I f they were going to or were considering changing entry rules they should have done it before they took our money. they certainly should have contacted us or informed us before doing it as appears what happened to some on saturday

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

No Loft, with no child on 19:14 - Sep 23 with 1393 viewsbaz_qpr

Interestingly as my kid has started to take a real interest I thought about relocating from Ellerslie to the family stand (formerly the loft) as it would be a two for one situation, and what they offer for kids their is great with the mascots, face painting etc and he loves it there (having done my maximum five season ticket swaps) last year. However I guess maybe because I'm a bit anal I read the terms and conditions which did clearly state child at all times so decided given the kid won't becoming to evening games that I would keep my seat and buy him a membership instead and we would go in Ellerslie.

I think there is a balance to be made here, clearly kids are not going to come to every game, but the 5 season ticket swaps limit makes it really difficult to fill it that way and the fact you have to wait beyond pre-sale to be able to do it if there are any seats left. I see the logic of it all why they have picked there, any other ground it would be the paddocks but as they are not covered you can't sit them there. You can't pick a block in one of the big stands as they are always the more expensive seats, there is np segregation and Ellerslie Road is too much of a squash as it is. So rock and hard place really. I get the history thing (I stood in the loft with my Dad but I don't think its ever been quite the "kop" that others have suggested. There does have to be a better way .e.g suspending the rules for Nght or TV games
No Loft, with no child on 19:24 - Sep 23 with 1385 viewswombat

No Loft, with no child on 19:14 - Sep 23 by baz_qpr

Interestingly as my kid has started to take a real interest I thought about relocating from Ellerslie to the family stand (formerly the loft) as it would be a two for one situation, and what they offer for kids their is great with the mascots, face painting etc and he loves it there (having done my maximum five season ticket swaps) last year. However I guess maybe because I'm a bit anal I read the terms and conditions which did clearly state child at all times so decided given the kid won't becoming to evening games that I would keep my seat and buy him a membership instead and we would go in Ellerslie.

I think there is a balance to be made here, clearly kids are not going to come to every game, but the 5 season ticket swaps limit makes it really difficult to fill it that way and the fact you have to wait beyond pre-sale to be able to do it if there are any seats left. I see the logic of it all why they have picked there, any other ground it would be the paddocks but as they are not covered you can't sit them there. You can't pick a block in one of the big stands as they are always the more expensive seats, there is np segregation and Ellerslie Road is too much of a squash as it is. So rock and hard place really. I get the history thing (I stood in the loft with my Dad but I don't think its ever been quite the "kop" that others have suggested. There does have to be a better way .e.g suspending the rules for Nght or TV games

Ok so it seems the clubs concerned with losing revenue quite rightly that adults entering the ground on children's season tickets is the main problem . How's about this for a simple solution easily done minimal cost to the club

Change the colour of the kids season tickets something bright and easily identifiable by stewards on entry to the ground , that way anyone trying to get in cheap is stopped and the rest of us can get in. With no bloody hassle it ain't rocket science is it really .

There is plenty of stewards around the turnstiles before the game so easily implemented the club could sort this in a couple of weeks as well by issuing all children new season tickets and cancel the old ones

No Loft, with no child on 19:51 - Sep 23 with 1360 viewsted_hendrix

No Loft, with no child on 19:14 - Sep 23 by baz_qpr

I don't think anybody's suggested on here that its like the spion kop, its not or ever will be.
It is however a special part of the ground to those of us who have been there since day one of their QPR supporting days in my case 1958 was my first visit and yes I remember the tea hut in the corner of the loft.
The club seem to be taking a battering on this MB lately that I don't really want to be part of, however the club do seem to do things arse about face and they are making a rod for their own backs.
Yep, I've got a bee in my bonnet about this.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

No Loft, with no child on 20:16 - Sep 23 with 1313 viewswombat

No Loft, with no child on 19:51 - Sep 23 by ted_hendrix

I don't think anybody's suggested on here that its like the spion kop, its not or ever will be.
It is however a special part of the ground to those of us who have been there since day one of their QPR supporting days in my case 1958 was my first visit and yes I remember the tea hut in the corner of the loft.
The club seem to be taking a battering on this MB lately that I don't really want to be part of, however the club do seem to do things arse about face and they are making a rod for their own backs.
Yep, I've got a bee in my bonnet about this.

Agree totally ted we all cut our teeth in the loft special place for a lot of us and will remain to be so for a long time . One day the club will think before they implement something in the future makes life a lot lot easier and might help keep the fans on side

No Loft, with no child on 20:51 - Sep 23 with 1280 viewsdaveB

When you enter the stadium if you use a kids ticket it flashes up a different colour and the steward by the gate (if they are doing their job) won't open the turnstile. I know this from using my kids ticket for the home league game against wigan last year as I wanted to see if it would work, it didn't.

To be fair to the club this madness about having a child with you is in the t&c when you buy the season ticket but is one of the most ridiculous rules I've ever seen. I've argued it with Andy rees for a year now since i got an arsey letter from them about my son who was 4 at the time and missed a few games. Phil Beard has never once replied to my countless emails, i don't think they give a crap about it to be honest.

For me I think they should just call it the children accompanied by an adult stand and drop the family bit as anyone with children now older than 16 count as family anymore in the clubs eye.

The end result is going to be a lot of people sticking two fingers up and walking away from the club which will be an absolute disaster.
No Loft, with no child on 20:59 - Sep 23 with 1266 viewswombat

No Loft, with no child on 20:51 - Sep 23 by daveB

When you enter the stadium if you use a kids ticket it flashes up a different colour and the steward by the gate (if they are doing their job) won't open the turnstile. I know this from using my kids ticket for the home league game against wigan last year as I wanted to see if it would work, it didn't.

To be fair to the club this madness about having a child with you is in the t&c when you buy the season ticket but is one of the most ridiculous rules I've ever seen. I've argued it with Andy rees for a year now since i got an arsey letter from them about my son who was 4 at the time and missed a few games. Phil Beard has never once replied to my countless emails, i don't think they give a crap about it to be honest.

For me I think they should just call it the children accompanied by an adult stand and drop the family bit as anyone with children now older than 16 count as family anymore in the clubs eye.

The end result is going to be a lot of people sticking two fingers up and walking away from the club which will be an absolute disaster.

Dave a lot already have walked away

No Loft, with no child on 21:08 - Sep 23 with 1258 viewsdaveB

No Loft, with no child on 20:59 - Sep 23 by wombat

Dave a lot already have walked away

I know mate and plenty more are going to follow.

I know in my group who i have gone with since i was a kid and they have been going with my dad since the 60's are all talking about getting season tickets at a racecourse next year rather than go to qpr and just do a few away games. This will probably be the last straw for them.

Even I almost walked away last season after they tried to take my kids ticket away
No Loft, with no child on 21:31 - Sep 23 with 1225 viewsSussexR

Have to say I'm pretty close to walking away, after 51 years. Can't believe it's come to this when all I want to do is follow my team with my family. But what's the point if it's just hassle every week.
No Loft, with no child on 21:46 - Sep 23 with 1204 viewsYorkRanger

No Loft, with no child on 21:31 - Sep 23 by SussexR

Have to say I'm pretty close to walking away, after 51 years. Can't believe it's come to this when all I want to do is follow my team with my family. But what's the point if it's just hassle every week.

It really is so poorly thought out it is amazing, the concept that a group of all people will all turn up at every game at the same time is nonsense. Kids have had to miss night games for years, where is the shock in that. Who is going to take a 5 year old to a night game, that with TV may not now start until 8pm. Also families come in different shapes and sizes and stopping generations of supporters who have watched games together for years, because of a child infringement is complete folly.

To be fair to Ian Taylor, he has acknowledged the issue and will surely be alive to the fact that a complete PR disaster looms. How the club responds remains to be seen.

I have to say that Beard, seems to me to have that trait of arrogance and indifference common amongst many CEOs. At a time when the club is planning how it will fill 40,000 seats at some point, it does seem bizarre that it is prepared to alienate a group of loyal supporters who have been around for many years.

Bizarre, Ill thought through and shows complete disregard for supporter sentiment and the club's history and routes.

I notice that someone has drawn Taylor's attention to this thread tonight and he has replied that he is aware of it. Let's hope some constructive action takes place as a consequence.....
No Loft, with no child on 22:08 - Sep 23 with 1178 viewsSussexR

The fundamental question is:

What is wrong with the adults of a group attending on their own without the child?

Especially when the child ticket is fully paid for and not a freebie.

I just don't understand it.
No Loft, with no child on 22:22 - Sep 23 with 1165 viewsHunterhoop

No Loft, with no child on 22:08 - Sep 23 by SussexR

What is wrong with the adults of a group attending on their own without the child?

Absolutely no idea.

For so many reasons the concept of the family stand, its location, the policy and how it's been enforced is utterly stupid.

But then, I think a lot of people at the club don't know the club, it's history not have much experience in operational roles dealing with the general public. They can't have to make these sort of mistakes.
No Loft, with no child on 22:54 - Sep 23 with 1131 viewsdaveB

No Loft, with no child on 22:08 - Sep 23 by SussexR

A few years ago some young kids who were Fulham fans were sat in the lower loft when we played Fulham (I think it was the fulham version of the tiger cubs but could be wrong) and a few idiots had a pop at them and their parents. They complained and since then the club have over reacted by punishing everyone rather than the idiots invovled.

Thats why the club don't want adults in the stand without kids as they assume all adults will be lunatics
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024