Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Loft, with no child 17:14 - Sep 21 with 11026 viewsizlingtonhoop

Reports are reaching me that hi-vis pests were causing ructions in Loftus Rd, refusing entry to family stand ticket holders without the youngun.

Any eyewitness accounts?
No Loft, with no child on 23:12 - Sep 23 with 1505 viewsdaveB

i still think the lower loft is the best place for a family stand due to the space behind the stand where the club put on plenty of activities, none of that could be done in other stands.

one solution that I think would solve this would be to have the corner blocks as seat where you have to have a kid with you and the middle 3 blocks as st holders or members only. Kids welcome but so are adults.

You could make it so members need to have a booking history with the club to get in this area so everyone is happy. It would mean some people needing to move blocks to a more central position but thats better than being moved to the other end of the stadium. Too late to do it for this season but could easily be done for next year. For now I still say if the club sell you a ticket they have to let you have the seat you have paid for regardless of having a child in arms or not
No Loft, with no child on 23:16 - Sep 23 with 1500 viewsBasingstokeR

Yes after this (what Daveb mentions) happened ^ is when the club seemed to start properly enforcing the rules that had been in place a couple of seasons by that point and sent the letters out to adults the start of the next season to add some extra rules. The club then quoted it had had a record number of complaints that year. Each year they've got a little harder line and less reasonable.

But as people have said, they only really enforced the rules for our own fans. At all the "top club" games in the last two Prem seasons apart from when we beat Chelsea 1-0 at home, I had two obvious opposition fans sat in the non-ST seats next to me, taking photos of their players when taking corners in front of the Loft, some more subtly than others.
No Loft, with no child on 23:22 - Sep 23 with 1487 viewsPunteR

Is it the location of the family stand thats the main issue for some or the whole idea of having one area just for those with kids?
I usually sit in the family stand with my kids but I'd be happy to sit anywhere in the ground as long as it doesn't have restricted views.
I'm not a season ticket holder and pick and choose games but for the sake of keeping the atmosphere and proper supporters happy,it wouldn't bother me if the family area was moved or abandoned altogether.
what do other clubs have?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

No Loft, with no child on 23:36 - Sep 23 with 1469 viewsdaveB

for me the issue is selling tickets to people and then not letting them sit in the seat they have paid for. I think the family stand is a good idea and my son loves it, no problem with having it at all but the extra restrictions they have brought in are ridiculous
No Loft, with no child on 23:41 - Sep 23 with 1463 viewsNorthernr

One simple, immediate and obvious change is surely a relaxation on midweek games. Unless you live next to the ground, you're not going to want to take your six year old to QPR v Villa on a Monday night are you? And you shouldn't be refused admission, moved elsewhere or threatened with a ticket removal for that - not least because if they're that cntish about it the Lower Loft is going to be a quarter full for that game.
No Loft, with no child on 00:35 - Sep 24 with 1426 viewsessextaxiboy

No Loft, with no child on 20:58 - Sep 21 by ted_hendrix

Does anyone remember those last few home games in the Prem under Hughes that we won? slowly but surely the loft dragged those goals into our net.
What about the Oldham game? I swear in the dying minutes the loft was seconds away from bloody exploding.
What about the Loft in the 70s? you'd be losing 1 or 2 nil at half time but it didn't matter because you knew that if you were kicking towards the loft in the second half you'd turn it around and the lads invariably did.
Halcyon days maybe but to me the loft is a bit special or used to be, its important but its gone.

You are right there Ted , It had fck all to do with that Welsh prat .

Nothing better than to see the Loft light up when we get a corner and the oppo are rocking .

Family Stand is bollix , We just dont have the space . If you want to bring the kids good luck to you .Just buy 2 tickets and come .

Most fans I know will temper the language but to be honest thats all part of it . A cheeky grin exchanged with your boy when someone lets rip with a few words is a magic moment for any Dad IMO . Dont tell Mum , do you fancy a burger on the way home ? Make sure you eat your tea .. Match day secrets .... Magic ...
Same as night games ,, Dont let me down and make sure you get up for School and you can come , I will square it with Mum .. The RRS under lights , who would want to miss that FFS ........Waiting for grandchildren now to do it all again.. ARE YOU READING THIS YOU LITTLE BUGGERS ???
No Loft, with no child on 07:26 - Sep 24 with 1335 viewsQPeteR

No Loft, with no child on 00:35 - Sep 24 by essextaxiboy

You are right there Ted , It had fck all to do with that Welsh prat .

Nothing better than to see the Loft light up when we get a corner and the oppo are rocking .

Family Stand is bollix , We just dont have the space . If you want to bring the kids good luck to you .Just buy 2 tickets and come .

Most fans I know will temper the language but to be honest thats all part of it . A cheeky grin exchanged with your boy when someone lets rip with a few words is a magic moment for any Dad IMO . Dont tell Mum , do you fancy a burger on the way home ? Make sure you eat your tea .. Match day secrets .... Magic ...
Same as night games ,, Dont let me down and make sure you get up for School and you can come , I will square it with Mum .. The RRS under lights , who would want to miss that FFS ........Waiting for grandchildren now to do it all again.. ARE YOU READING THIS YOU LITTLE BUGGERS ???

Agree completely, I think the real issue the club here have is the complaints about the swearing (mostly from the attending their first football game types) and this is why they are stamping down.

A few seasons ago, I was chatting with one of their customer service reps that are in the lower loft, who midway through the game came and sat near us, was asking what I thought of the family stand etc and mentioned that he had to roam about as there were complaints about swearing.

I laughed at this as I pointed out to him that he was sitting no more than 5 meters from the bronze area in the paddock which is quite a, let’s say, "verbal" area or the ground.

Personally, I think swearing is part and parcel of the game and just like you essextaxiboy react the same way with my kids when I hear it.

I took my 4 year old to his first game v Sunderland and the first time the guys in the paddock swore he started shooting them with pretend webs (spider-man style), perhaps the club could try that as a solution rather than throwing loyal fans out of seats that they have sat in for years.

TBH though I think it is a joke for the club to have a family stand anywhere when it is quite obvious that over the last 3, 4, 5 years they have moved further and further away from being the family club we once were.
No Loft, with no child on 08:13 - Sep 24 with 1302 viewsSussexR

see my separate thread titled Lower Loft Supporters Group
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024