Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This message board is developing a certain predictably... 19:43 - Sep 21 with 2463 viewsYorkRanger

We lose, or are losing and the same old views get raised.

Someone beats a team that beat us and everything is down to our lack of ambition, structure etc. it's as if two games are exactly the same, just change one team and then draw a line through the form book.

In amongst the predictably there are some great posters who offer different views depending on the circumstances.

Don't get me wrong our away performances have been poor, and we have some issues with the set up and getting the right personnel in place, but it's a tough league and yesterday was a good point. In patches I thought we played quite well.

Dreading it if wevgo a goal down next week.....
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 19:44 - Sep 21 with 1501 viewsRuislipHoop

Quite well compared to last week ??
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:01 - Sep 21 with 1456 viewsQPR_John

Not quite as simple as that though is it. United lost but scored 3 goals because as we have all said they have a very good attack. I don't think anybody was surprised we conceded 4 goals last week because of United's attack but we did not put any pressure on arguably one of the worse defences in the Premier League. Today they conceded 5 goals last week their defenders never even broke into a sweat. If we had shown some fight last week I don't think there would be the amount of criticism there has been
[Post edited 21 Sep 2014 20:05]
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:23 - Sep 21 with 1397 viewsjamois

If there's predictability in the comments then there is consistency. And if there's consistency then it suggests that people are worrying about the same problems not having been fixed - for bleedin ages. Some people like a moan yes, but I don't agree that it's a case of scathing criticisms every time we lose. The repetitive stuff exists because the same problems exist, as summarised by Bosh in his tactics, coaching thread. We're underdogs in this league, nobody expects us to annihilate other teams. But it means we have to excel where we can to make an incremental difference compared to the big boys. Building a team ethos and pattern, great coaching, great tactics etc.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:40 - Sep 21 with 1359 viewsessextaxiboy

We are one point behind Man Utd who get gates of 75k and have spent 150m in one window and have an ex International manager . We are one point behind Everton who have one of the most promising coveted young managers around . We are two points behind Liverpool who are in the Champ League . We missed a Pen in our first game and had our hand forced by injury yesterday otherwise we may have more points . ?. You could argue that this is the place but its the same at the ground
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:46 - Sep 21 with 1334 viewsQPR_ARG

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:40 - Sep 21 by essextaxiboy

We are one point behind Man Utd who get gates of 75k and have spent 150m in one window and have an ex International manager . We are one point behind Everton who have one of the most promising coveted young managers around . We are two points behind Liverpool who are in the Champ League . We missed a Pen in our first game and had our hand forced by injury yesterday otherwise we may have more points . ?. You could argue that this is the place but its the same at the ground

I'll follow up your facts with another few facts I've found:

- We are in the bottom three.

- We will get relegated if we continue in the bottom three at the end of the campaign.

I don't have a problem with you if you settle for that and you're happy.

But I'm sure as hell I won't and I'm not.
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:51 - Sep 21 with 1317 viewsessextaxiboy

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:46 - Sep 21 by QPR_ARG

- We will get relegated if we continue in the bottom three at the end of the campaign.

Here is another fact .

No team has ever been relegated before Oct 1st
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:52 - Sep 21 with 1307 viewsYorkRanger

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:46 - Sep 21 by QPR_ARG

Here is another fact, if my aunt had b*llocks she would be my uncle.

FFS, we've played 5 games
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:55 - Sep 21 with 1299 viewsRuislipHoop

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:52 - Sep 21 by YorkRanger

We have all watched relegation football in the not to distant past and what we are watching now is worse than what we have seen before. IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:58 - Sep 21 with 1290 viewsNorthernr

I thought we look like an absolute rabble yesterday, but you've got to think and hope that we'll get fitter, get used to playing with each other, sort our shape out a bit and start playing a lot better than that. To have taken four points from five games when we're playing like this actually bodes quite well, as long as we do indeed get better. If we keep playing like this we'll finish last.
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:00 - Sep 21 with 1283 viewsqprewan

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:52 - Sep 21 by YorkRanger

ok York, how many points do you reckon we will have after the next 5? where do you see the improvement and goals coming from? you are right it's only one day but personally I cannot see any chance of us scoring 5 goals at home or 3 away against anyone in this league can you?
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:02 - Sep 21 with 1275 viewsRuislipHoop

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:58 - Sep 21 by Northernr

I thought we look like an absolute rabble yesterday, but you've got to think and hope that we'll get fitter, get used to playing with each other, sort our shape out a bit and start playing a lot better than that. To have taken four points from five games when we're playing like this actually bodes quite well, as long as we do indeed get better. If we keep playing like this we'll finish last.

If there had been a change in our playing style since last year and we had seen and inkling of some plan or style I would agree with you, but we seem to be playing the same this year as we have since HR took over.
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:05 - Sep 21 with 1257 viewsYorkRanger

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:00 - Sep 21 by qprewan

ok York, how many points do you reckon we will have after the next 5? where do you see the improvement and goals coming from? you are right it's only one day but personally I cannot see any chance of us scoring 5 goals at home or 3 away against anyone in this league can you?

But I'm not worried about scoring 5 goals at home or 3 away. That will signify nothing.

I think we have bought good players, there are things to work out around shape and structure but I believe we are good enough to stay up. I think people are forming judgements too quickly. Some patience and belief is needed.
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:06 - Sep 21 with 1254 viewsCroydonCaptJack

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:05 - Sep 21 by YorkRanger

But I'm not worried about scoring 5 goals at home or 3 away. That will signify nothing.

I think we have bought good players, there are things to work out around shape and structure but I believe we are good enough to stay up. I think people are forming judgements too quickly. Some patience and belief is needed.

+1
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:08 - Sep 21 with 1245 viewsQPR_ARG

Yours is, indeed, a proper fact.

Just as much as mine.

Here's another couple:

We played 29 matches in the Premier League with Harry as manager.

We won 5 matches in the Premier League with Harry as manager.

I'd rather find out my aunt has b*llocks and call her my uncle than to keep being hostage to a has been manager who's killing what's left of the football club that I love.
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:16 - Sep 21 with 1221 viewsqprewan

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:06 - Sep 21 by CroydonCaptJack

+1

Actually I think it would signify quite a lot; it would show a bit of spirit at the very least! Leicester didn't just score 5 goals out of the blue; all last season they were banging them in because they play with pace, have an attacking philosophy and are very fit hence the amount of goals they scored late on last year. What would you say our footballing philosophy is at present?
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:21 - Sep 21 with 1208 viewsBlackCrowe

I'm done here for a while I reckon. It's come to the stage that whatever I feel about my Rs or indeed anything else, many seem to be a few notches below or trying to draw attention, which is fine i guess - each to there own etc.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:21 - Sep 21 with 1204 viewsRuislipHoop

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:16 - Sep 21 by qprewan

Actually I think it would signify quite a lot; it would show a bit of spirit at the very least! Leicester didn't just score 5 goals out of the blue; all last season they were banging them in because they play with pace, have an attacking philosophy and are very fit hence the amount of goals they scored late on last year. What would you say our footballing philosophy is at present?

Don't try to hard,get relegated, get parachute payments and hopefully get promoted the following season. Meanwhile tell the fans we are buying a new training ground and a new stadium but actually do very little.
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:29 - Sep 21 with 1198 viewsjamois

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:05 - Sep 21 by YorkRanger

York, you are quite right in that 5 games is too little to form a sound judgement. Just as it is to make an argument out of only being a point behind manure. The problem is that we've been all at sea on the pitch for a lot longer than 5 games. So people worry about the lowest common denominator - not the players because we have many new ones now, but the management.

I continue to believe and I have patience. I'm personally not arguing for the ejector seat yet as I crave stability, and whatever H has planned (I'm assuming there is a plan) needs time to evolve. But stability is only worth it if the right playing foundations are being laid. When IS the right time to consider that question? When there's enough time for someone else to make a difference I guess is the answer (and if there's any decent alternatives).

I remember when Pochettino replaced Adkins at Southampton in, what was it, March?. I was stunned and was almost certain they'd go down, but instead it seems they found themselves a real 'coach'. He changed the way they play almost overnight. It's a real tough one. I'd want to have a good look at things when 40% of the season is done. That's more than fair I think - I'd say a third but some of the next games are stacked against big clubs. So nine more games roughly:

Southampton (A)
West Ham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Aston Villa (H)
Chelsea (A)
Man City (H)
Newcastle (A)
Leicester City (H)
Swansea City (A) December 2nd.

The 15th game is against Burnley, at home too. I'm rambling now. What are we looking for over that period?

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:32 - Sep 21 with 1180 viewsJigsore

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 20:40 - Sep 21 by essextaxiboy

we would have lost if those injuries hadn't forced us to stick some wide men on

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:34 - Sep 21 with 1178 viewsessextaxiboy

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:29 - Sep 21 by jamois

York, you are quite right in that 5 games is too little to form a sound judgement. Just as it is to make an argument out of only being a point behind manure. The problem is that we've been all at sea on the pitch for a lot longer than 5 games. So people worry about the lowest common denominator - not the players because we have many new ones now, but the management.

I continue to believe and I have patience. I'm personally not arguing for the ejector seat yet as I crave stability, and whatever H has planned (I'm assuming there is a plan) needs time to evolve. But stability is only worth it if the right playing foundations are being laid. When IS the right time to consider that question? When there's enough time for someone else to make a difference I guess is the answer (and if there's any decent alternatives).

I remember when Pochettino replaced Adkins at Southampton in, what was it, March?. I was stunned and was almost certain they'd go down, but instead it seems they found themselves a real 'coach'. He changed the way they play almost overnight. It's a real tough one. I'd want to have a good look at things when 40% of the season is done. That's more than fair I think - I'd say a third but some of the next games are stacked against big clubs. So nine more games roughly:

Southampton (A)
West Ham (A)
Liverpool (H)
Aston Villa (H)
Chelsea (A)
Man City (H)
Newcastle (A)
Leicester City (H)
Swansea City (A) December 2nd.

The 15th game is against Burnley, at home too. I'm rambling now. What are we looking for over that period?

18 points ... IMO
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:37 - Sep 21 with 1168 viewsessextaxiboy

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:32 - Sep 21 by Jigsore

we would have lost if those injuries hadn't forced us to stick some wide men on

How do you know for sure ?
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:43 - Sep 21 with 1147 viewsJigsore

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:37 - Sep 21 by essextaxiboy

How do you know for sure ?

I don't, but if you're basing football purely on facts then I believe Harry's record speaks for it self

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:49 - Sep 21 with 1132 viewsYorkRanger

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:21 - Sep 21 by BlackCrowe

I'm done here for a while I reckon. It's come to the stage that whatever I feel about my Rs or indeed anything else, many seem to be a few notches below or trying to draw attention, which is fine i guess - each to there own etc.

Nothing I have said I hope....
This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:59 - Sep 21 with 1103 viewsjamois

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 21:34 - Sep 21 by essextaxiboy

18 points ... IMO

Essex does that include the 4 we already have? I'll assume it does. And even then - I bloody hope you're right! I'm not seeing it myself but I'll take your positivity every day of the week. By the way - the new avatar?

This message board is developing a certain predictably... on 22:18 - Sep 21 with 1056 viewsCiderwithRsie

I think both sides in this debate are right!

It is only 5 games, there have been some good signs, and I believe we have a decent squad. And staying up by one point would count as a success.

But we've dropped points at home and shipped excessive goals away. The results for Swansea and Leicester v ManUre or WBA vs Spurs, and the league position of a Southampton side that were gutted in the transfer market, show what's possible for a club of our side. Losing to Burton Albion was just a fecking embarrassment and no-one can pretend otherwise.

I grew up loving QPR as a club that punched above its weight and played football the right way. I don't expect miracles, I know we'll get stuffed sometimes by bigger clubs, I know sometimes we'll just have a bad day at the office or be unlucky. But for God's sake can we have a management and coaching team that believes in our club, that doesn't *expect* to lose against Spurs before a ball is kicked and doesn't think a draw at home against Stoke is as good as it gets?

There's still plenty of time. Neither Redknapp nor Hoddle are fools. But they've got to bloody *try*.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024