Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, 22:57 - Sep 21 with 8932 viewsRBlock

"But I just feel at the moment we are open because we have got two wing backs-playing at full-back or wingers almost."

How fecking dare you Redknapp? Everything else aside, you now bemoan our lack of right backs? After you sold our quality, solid, well-integrated right back to our survival rivals!? This was your choice. Your decision. It would never have been done without you sanctioning it(if it had we would have never heard the end of it).

We all knew it was a bad decision but now he says this? I'm slightly gobsmacked.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-compares-430
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 19:07 - Sep 22 with 1655 viewsWestbourneR

3-5-2 is not an excellent formation, it's terrible.

The fact Redknapp thought that we could play it despite having the tactical nous of knat is amazing.

I don't hate Redknapp, I think he's done a better job than some would have and he buys well, but I do think we won't end the season outside the bottom three under him.

We are definitely one of the 3 worst teams - and most probably the worst. That's a fact.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 20:04 - Sep 22 with 1615 viewsqprewan

On the way back from the game on Saturday my mate told me that HR is the 4th best paid manager in the Premiership; no idea if this is true but if so surely it must mean that we are lucky to have such an experienced hard hitter leading our club.

so how does this footballing Don prepare for the season? He watches the world cup, like the rest of us and sees thatChile and Holland are playing 352. I can do that thinks Harold and while I'm at it ill have Isla and Vargas too; maybe I'm wrong and our scouts had been watching them for years, nah don't really think so.

He then piously informs all his media luvvies that we are going to be playing said system thus justifying the signing of the hero and legend Rio Ferdinand. During this period he sees our only genuine right back as surplus to requirements and gets rid. yes great foresight Harold. We then break the bank for Sandro who has just had a Cruciate ligament injury- no not a gamble at all, I've worked with him before triffick lad, lucky to have him.

Fast forward to Spurs game; 352 lasts for 1.5 games, Dunne has been a disaster; none of us could see that happening could we? A couple of weeks later and he is starting Hill at left back at Old Trafford against the galactic os attack- yes Harold very very wise; you definitely earned your pay there. oh but hold up a minute he brings on Traeore who, sage that he is he had just tried to off load to Palace, and shockingly I know he actually ran at the Man u team a couple of times- so of course another pull at the tombola machine and the man's back in against Stoke. Some Qpr fans slag him off- never mind the fact that the poor bloke can't know whether he is coming or going; left midfield, left back, right midfield or off to Palace- but yes Harold is the best man manager in the game!

Also against Stoke he opts to start 2 players with dodgy hamstrings and oh how unlucky they both have to go off- never seen that before; you must be gutted Harry..

Sorry but this is resembling a feking carry on film; you are a dinosaur and a clown Harold, have some class and self respect mate and admit that you are not up to it....
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 20:12]
Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 21:27 - Sep 22 with 1580 viewsbaz_qpr

The only things I would say and we are obviously not party to training, Is that I've never seen Ned play on the left side of the CB, Caulker plays on the right as well. I don't get the Danny Simpson sale without a replacement but I've seen it said that Simpsons upcoming court case might be a reason. We clearly have a budget and somewhere someone knows how much we might have to fork out to the FL over FFP so might be a factor why we did not buy the extra forward. I've seen reports that it was always considered that Yun would play the LB role but has not been fit either. Also saw reports that we were after a french RB and that fell through on deadline day.

Having said all that we've not played the same formation for two whole games running and this team really needs to a settled formation and team if we are to get going and a leader at the back and in the middle of the park take Rio out and I'm not sure Caulker and Ned are leaders, lose Joey and Sandro and you are also leaderless, add to that we don't have anyone who can hold the ball up. I know a lot of people poo pooed the idea of crouch coming back but I thought he showed his absolute class on Saturday
Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 23:15 - Sep 22 with 1525 viewsFredManRave

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 12:59 - Sep 22 by Discodroids

bladdy hell, my mrs had you down as about 49/50!!.

must be something in that all that Positive mental attitude and the elixer of yoof!!!

would you believe it mate im only 22.

me thinks i should be more positive.

You're forgetting your science here DD. Two positively charged fans would repel each other, whereas one positively charged fan coming into contact with a negatively charged fan will result in them embracing each other on the Central Line.

And that's a scientific fact.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 02:42 - Sep 23 with 1482 viewsFredManRave

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 08:17 - Sep 22 by essextaxiboy

There is more to this than what we know IMO .

What is the problem with Onuaha? there is a reason he is not starting . It seems so obvious to have him and Caulker either side of Ferdinand ,maybe it was him who wanted to go in the summer and he is not training properly , Tos put him on for Isla on Sat also seemed the right thing to although the injuries forced his hand Clint wasnt even in the squad Saturday which also pushed him towards a back 4

What are the terms of Isla loan deal ? If he is fit does he have to play ? That may have been a factor in Simpson leaving.

Newcastle let Simpson go , I wonder if there is a feeling in the game that he is not quite Prem standard .

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 06:43 - Sep 23 with 1456 viewsNathanNI

Let's face it.

Renkapp is a f*cking shambles. A total clown. He's become a caricature of himself.
I'd f*ck him off as soon as humanly possible. I detest the fact that he's managing our club.

This statement (if true) sums him up perfectly.

If it isn't true, the fact we can easily imagine him saying just confirms he's a total loon.

Get rid. We'll have to deal with the consequences. We always do.
Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 09:23 - Sep 23 with 1413 viewsDiscodroids

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 06:43 - Sep 23 by NathanNI

Let's face it.

Renkapp is a f*cking shambles. A total clown. He's become a caricature of himself.
I'd f*ck him off as soon as humanly possible. I detest the fact that he's managing our club.

If it isn't true, the fact we can easily imagine him saying just confirms he's a total loon.

surely harold qualifies for the same certificate as this quaint old fella , regarding his statement.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 09:38 - Sep 23 with 1402 viewsDejR_vu

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 06:43 - Sep 23 by NathanNI

Let's face it.

In fairness to HR he's had to fight fires from the minute he walked through the door.

He inherited an unimaginable mess from MH. I think the general consensus was that the squad was full of mercenaries and poor footballers on massively inflated wages. He had one transfer window to try and rectify it and had a very weak hand given that we were bottom of the league and pretty much odds-on to go down. Pretty big fire.

Relegation, another fire. He had to clear out the mess and most seemed to agree that he did a pretty good job. He then had to put a new team together. We were in the top six all season and ultimately we went up, but again I think it was generally accepted that the football wasn't great and that we were a bit fortunate. Nevertheless I'm sure Fulham would take that at this point.

Having been promoted after Leicester and Burnley we're faced with the Premier League with a squad that may have been a bit fortunate to get promoted. A load of loans went back. So HR has had to build another new team. The general view seemed to be that the signings have been pretty good.

So he was brought in to save us from relegation; big job,not impossible, but he failed. We then wanted to bounce straight back up; big job, not impossible, most have fallen short, we didn't.

The fact is all the teams we have played are more settled than we are, in terms of time in the league, playing style and personnel. Nigel Pearson had the luxury of building in the Championship. HR has never had time to catch his breath. Is it really realistic to expect to turn up with half a Championship team, throw some new signings in together and roll over these teams? It does take time to get a team to gel. Some of the performances have been poor, and it's made me just as sick as everyone else, but we're five games in to a season where there are absolutely no crap teams whatsoever.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 9:42]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 09:50 - Sep 23 with 1391 viewsbosh67

Harry could be the director of football. Our big problem is that I don't feel his appetite has really been there since he didn't get the England job. He's a great guy but it just feels like he's lost touch with the game at this level. Then there is Glenn who hasn't been involved at this level for a decade. One was an England manager, the other should have been. The problem is, for stability, as Tony always craves, we need a younger, more in touch management/coaching team to build this team over 5+ years. Our problem is that if Harry signs another contract then we get 2 years down the line and have to start all over again.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 09:57 - Sep 23 with 1375 viewsDejR_vu

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 09:50 - Sep 23 by bosh67

Harry could be the director of football. Our big problem is that I don't feel his appetite has really been there since he didn't get the England job. He's a great guy but it just feels like he's lost touch with the game at this level. Then there is Glenn who hasn't been involved at this level for a decade. One was an England manager, the other should have been. The problem is, for stability, as Tony always craves, we need a younger, more in touch management/coaching team to build this team over 5+ years. Our problem is that if Harry signs another contract then we get 2 years down the line and have to start all over again.

But stability isn't getting a 'young' manager so he can be here for 10 years, that's never going to happen regardless of the manager's age. IMO stability is surviving this year, consolidating next, and building the year after. This is going to be controversial, but I think we should keep HR for this and the following two seasons, cement a playing style, and look to bring someone in two years from now who will take over from HR at the end of the third.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 10:33 - Sep 23 with 1342 viewsAntti_Heinola

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 09:57 - Sep 23 by DejR_vu

But stability isn't getting a 'young' manager so he can be here for 10 years, that's never going to happen regardless of the manager's age. IMO stability is surviving this year, consolidating next, and building the year after. This is going to be controversial, but I think we should keep HR for this and the following two seasons, cement a playing style, and look to bring someone in two years from now who will take over from HR at the end of the third.

I'd love to know what this playing style Harry is going to cement will be. Been here two years and he seems to change everything every week, with no real plan for the future, apart from his much vaunted 3-5-2, which he abandoned after 2 games, and reverted to his beloved 4-4-2 within 5. He has a reputation as an attacking manager, yet in 2 years I could count the number of thrilling attacking performances on one hand.
Harry for 3 more seasons, and the stench of this stagnant Loftus Road pool will be unbearable.

Bare bones.

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 11:39 - Sep 23 with 1319 viewsNathanNI

@ DejR_vu > All good points. But I don't think he'll ever provide a settled squad. I totally take your point about the other two teams coming up being settled, that's mainly one for the owners I think. The amount of activity in comings and goings at the club is ridiculous and Redknapp has to take some of the blame for this.

What is it with this club and short termism? Every year its the same. Panic! Get in loans. No! get them out, buy more.. More blood. Do a deal. Get someone in. But the one thing that irks me most is the change of system.

We had a brilliant defence last season, playing 4 at the back (ok in the Championship, but so did the other teams). Culker & Nedum would seem to be a perfect fit for that, but because Ferdinand is available, and he watches a few games of the World Cup, all of a sudden he switches it. Yes we have a team of strangers, but here's something else to mess with your heads, a new system.

Nothing about this board or manager hints at long term planning. Except of course the development up the road. Houses, jobs, businesses, transport, blah. Maybe if they were not so busy masterminding the Canary Wharf of the west they'd be able to build a sustainable club.

But hey, f*ck it, who am I kidding. It's Rangers. We are destined to be a basket case.

Hats off to Burnley & Leicester. They seem to have concentrated on building a team over the last few years while we have been acting like toddlers at Hamley's.

I'm beginning to bore myself moaning about this.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 11:41]
Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 13:09 - Sep 23 with 1280 viewsQPunkR

Fúck off Redknapp.
If we hadn't had enough of his wheeler-dealing (yes Arry EVERYBODY says that about you), bringing in mostly old players from Championship Manager 2005 who he's worked with 12 times before, awful tactics needing surgery at half time, lack of any sense of urgency or even purpose, not appearing at training during the week, his deluded opinion that he should've had the Engerlund job, his self-serving weekly publicity bullshit show or any other shite, this - this statement, after selling our fúcking RB himself, and then not replacing him, should be enough to fúck him off. Ridiculous, absurd, beyond belief. , , a thousand times
If Fernandes gives him a contract extension then he's truly lost the plot as well.

QPR - "shit but local"

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 13:26 - Sep 23 with 1271 viewssimmo

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 09:23 - Sep 23 by Discodroids

surely harold qualifies for the same certificate as this quaint old fella , regarding his statement.

Good old Frankie. He's still going aint he? What a trooper.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 14:09 - Sep 23 with 1239 viewsDiscodroids

Arghh Harry Actually moans about not having a Right Back. Seriously. Honestly, on 13:26 - Sep 23 by simmo

Good old Frankie. He's still going aint he? What a trooper.

i had a drink with his brother dougie a few years ago in leadenhall market, he looked like a red indian...he head the blackest hair known to man and a bird of about 22 on his arm,he must have been 65 if he was a day.

[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 14:09]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024