Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Away 06:57 - Sep 22 with 4752 viewsDubaiR

Never lost at St Mary's however who expects us to go there and get anything from the game?

What I really struggle with is we were poor last season despite having the biggest budget by a country mile, yet we went up and all the talk was how we are a band of brother, great spirit etc.

We all know we needed to add some quality but same as last time we went up the team that achieved it not really being given a chance as we have made a raft of signings again.

We have spent serious money this summer Vs. the teams around us in the league but now 5 games in we are talking about fitness, getting to know each other, not sure what the best side.

Surely we would benefit from having Ned along side Caulker, he was superb last season and we said he needed a quality partner we added the partner but dropped Ned. Yun was great in his appearances last season and changed the semi final Vs. Wigan but once again not being given any sort of chance and we have reverted to Hill at LB or Armand who can't defend for toffee.

We all knew we needed to add attacking options, Arry screwed us here. Remy won't leave a week before the window shuts.......Well you are dafter than you look, we all knew that was likely to happen and we got left with Vargas, Charlie and Bobby hardly an inspiring attack force.

For me it's time for Arry and the chuckle brothers to go, we look like a team once again with no real plan or shape. Tony won't act though and is either blind to what's going on or it is too costly to replace. Surely he must look at Leicester and wonder how a side who have spent considerably less than we have are performing better. They have a higher points return and had the harder fixtures - Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Everton and Stoke away
Saints Away on 12:45 - Sep 22 with 1057 viewsQPR442

Saints Away on 12:40 - Sep 22 by YorkRanger

well for anyone keen to see it first hand a further 600 tickets were released to general sale this am...

Normally 4 of us would have gone to this game. We did last time with the 2-1 win and that great Remy goal but we all decided after the Spurs/Manu away games we would give it a miss.
This is a shame because its one we all looked forward to but due to Redknapps poor away tactics I will save my money.
Saints Away on 12:58 - Sep 22 with 1035 viewspaulparker

I would play 4-4-1-1 , if no sandro, barton or mutch with pace on each flank to support Austin
if we don't do this we are fcuked , we cannot leave Austin on his jack without support
we will not get past the halfway line if we do,
would snap anyone's arm off for a point

GK Green
LB Yun
RB Isla (no choice)
CB Ned
CB Caulker
CM Fer
CM Henry
LM Hoilett
RM Phillips
ACM Niko
CF Austin

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Saints Away on 13:18 - Sep 22 with 1009 viewsDiscodroids

Saints Away on 12:58 - Sep 22 by paulparker

I would play 4-4-1-1 , if no sandro, barton or mutch with pace on each flank to support Austin
if we don't do this we are fcuked , we cannot leave Austin on his jack without support
we will not get past the halfway line if we do,
would snap anyone's arm off for a point

GK Green
LB Yun
RB Isla (no choice)
CB Ned
CB Caulker
CM Fer
CM Henry
LM Hoilett
RM Phillips
ACM Niko
CF Austin

thats about the sum of it mate, with the injuries we have....the subs bench is gonna look like sid james pub regulars on a charabang to eastbourne.

hope they remember to pack the scotch eggs and newcastle brown.

i can see bondy in nhis turn ups and hankerchief on his head

hoilett and phillips have to lay down a marker.

as far as the extra 600 tickets , have harold, joe,bondy, glenn and no doubt peckhams fredrick forsythe ,'Rio' decided if this is a testimonial game or a game of professional football on a regulation pitch between human beings.

if not , i can watch a re run of ed balls wonderous speech this morning at the labour party conference..it will be less agonising, just.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2014 13:21]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Saints Away on 13:37 - Sep 22 with 980 viewsrsonist

Agree that it's very difficult not to imagine us getting a pummeling if we carry on like we have been. They have a great blend of individual skill and hard work as a unit, the midfield in particular is powerful and bright, and Tadic gives them a bit of variety on top.

I guess we could get some change out of Yoshida and Fonte who aren't so good by themselves if we counter quickly enough to catch them out of shape - Clyne and Bertrand will be pushing up so there might be space for Vargas and Phillips to cut in.
Saints Away on 13:41 - Sep 22 with 977 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Saints Away on 08:47 - Sep 22 by Northolt_Rs

That side has got relegation written all over it.... :(

You might say the same if you saw the Leicester side written down. It is how they play as a team that matters.
Saints Away on 13:42 - Sep 22 with 976 viewsheadhoops

Can only see this ending in tears especially if Harry's Tombola goes into overdrive. I would go with:
Green
isla -caulker - Nedum - Yun
phillips - henry - fer - hoilett
charlie - vargas

and bomb on at every opportunity - if we sit back a la spurs/manure they will tonk us 3/4-0

spare a thought as I will be sitting in a box with 11 saints fans..............

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Saints Away on 13:51 - Sep 22 with 953 viewsballbag

This is exactly the kind of game where we pull a surprise result when everyone expects us to lose, giving us that false sense of hope for another couple of weeks, only to follow it with a 5 match losing streak.
Saints Away on 13:54 - Sep 22 with 945 viewsMichael_Hunt

Saints Away on 12:40 - Sep 22 by YorkRanger

well for anyone keen to see it first hand a further 600 tickets were released to general sale this am...

QPR UNABLE TO SELL AWAY ALLOCATION SHOCKER!

Now, where's those Fulham fans to taunt us?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints Away on 13:55 - Sep 22 with 943 viewsDiscodroids

Saints Away on 13:42 - Sep 22 by headhoops

Can only see this ending in tears especially if Harry's Tombola goes into overdrive. I would go with:
Green
isla -caulker - Nedum - Yun
phillips - henry - fer - hoilett
charlie - vargas

and bomb on at every opportunity - if we sit back a la spurs/manure they will tonk us 3/4-0

spare a thought as I will be sitting in a box with 11 saints fans..............

feel for you headhoops, ive got the same coming up at west ham....i was looking forward to at the start of the season..

its gonna be unbearable with my family...

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Saints Away on 13:58 - Sep 22 with 935 viewsWeaverQPR

Can't see TF sacking HR, he's even more in awe of HR than he was of Mark 'best thing to happen to QPR' Hughes.

@WeavQPR

Saints Away on 14:12 - Sep 22 with 907 viewsDANRANGER

As much as Harry annoys me and it wouldn't disappoint me to see him gone I don't believe it is all doom and gloom. I do feel we will take time to settle as a team and we have some talent so although we have been appalling away this must be a game we have to pinpoint as a chance for points.

We have a good record away at Southampton recently and we should go with more belief than the games against spurs & United. We are yet to take the lead in a game and should we somehow manage it, it could be key to getting results. Southampton will definitely feel they will beat us and as we've seen only this weekend their have been some major upsets.

As for the team, we definitely need to identify a game plan and I will be extremely disappointed if we just go and play in the hope someone might win it for us. With what we have we should go and press them first 20 and try and take them by surprise, hope for an early goal and then attempt a counter attacking/possession game to conserve energy (if they really are as unfit as Harry makes out). Easier said than done, I know but lets live a little in this league.

I'd have Vargas/Hoilett wide of Austin with niko in a 10 role ahead of Henry and a n other depending whose fit. Nedum at right back and Young at left back to add pace and strength. Right now we need to solidify the defence whilst Isla settles in. Oh how Simpson would be useful right now!

Only 5 games in so not all is lost!
Saints Away on 14:14 - Sep 22 with 905 viewsdaveB

last two times in this league Fernandes sacked the manager mid season and things didn't really get much better either time so I don't see him sacking Redknapp unless we are cut adrift and doing really badly. Whilst we remain in touch then no way he will he sack him
Saints Away on 14:25 - Sep 22 with 885 viewsadhoc_qpr

Saints Away on 14:14 - Sep 22 by daveB

last two times in this league Fernandes sacked the manager mid season and things didn't really get much better either time so I don't see him sacking Redknapp unless we are cut adrift and doing really badly. Whilst we remain in touch then no way he will he sack him

"As much as Harry annoys me and it wouldn't disappoint me to see him gone I don't believe it is all doom and gloom. I do feel we will take time to settle as a team and we have some talent so although we have been appalling away this must be a game we have to pinpoint as a chance for points. "

That's the problem though, why do we always need to settle as a team??

Soton have half an entirely new team and new manager and they look pretty settled to me!
Saints Away on 14:46 - Sep 22 with 845 viewsdaveB

Saints Away on 14:25 - Sep 22 by adhoc_qpr

"As much as Harry annoys me and it wouldn't disappoint me to see him gone I don't believe it is all doom and gloom. I do feel we will take time to settle as a team and we have some talent so although we have been appalling away this must be a game we have to pinpoint as a chance for points. "

That's the problem though, why do we always need to settle as a team??

Soton have half an entirely new team and new manager and they look pretty settled to me!

Southampton already had a base to work with and had most of the new players through pre season. Adding to an already strong side is easier to do but still been very impressive what they have done.

We're starting with a new back four who have never played together before, a new shape in midfield with new players and a new partnership up front. It would have been tough to do this in the championship let alone this league
Saints Away on 16:21 - Sep 22 with 783 viewsheadhoops

Saints Away on 13:55 - Sep 22 by Discodroids

feel for you headhoops, ive got the same coming up at west ham....i was looking forward to at the start of the season..

its gonna be unbearable with my family...

thanks Disco,
apologies if a spackman - how did Mrs Disco enjoy the Stoke game?

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Saints Away on 16:23 - Sep 22 with 675 viewsDiscodroids

Saints Away on 16:21 - Sep 22 by headhoops

thanks Disco,
apologies if a spackman - how did Mrs Disco enjoy the Stoke game?

she loved it mate, she wants to go again, you can imagine my pain when she pointed out beau brummel as the best player on the' pitch by a mile'...grrrr.

hope your anniversay went well...28 years, congrats again to you sir.

Saints Away on 16:57 - Sep 22 with 648 viewsHantsR

Well, prospects are dire given performances so far and I'm not really looking forward to it as much I would like to! especially having many friends and neighbours who are inevitably Saints fans.

But, can the impossible happen? Last time out, the one and only Jay Bothroyd scored after being set up by Park...and on another occasion, Dave Agmeyang scored twice!
Saints Away on 18:12 - Sep 22 with 597 viewskropotkin41

Saints Away on 16:57 - Sep 22 by HantsR

Well, prospects are dire given performances so far and I'm not really looking forward to it as much I would like to! especially having many friends and neighbours who are inevitably Saints fans.

But, can the impossible happen? Last time out, the one and only Jay Bothroyd scored after being set up by Park...and on another occasion, Dave Agmeyang scored twice!

Some kind of miraculous result would be nice, it might even galvanise the players in a way that Harry seems incapable of. Given what we've seen so far though, I'm afraid that a miracle is what it will have to be.

What is our resident football genius Hoddle doing this week? Slurping tea with Harry?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Saints Away on 18:24 - Sep 22 with 584 viewsted_hendrix

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Saints Away on 19:10 - Sep 22 with 561 viewsloftboy

Saints Away on 18:24 - Sep 22 by ted_hendrix

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Here's my positive, last year we hardly had a shot on goal, this year we are only behind the scum in shots taken, one day loads if these will find the back of the net in one game.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Saints Away on 19:28 - Sep 22 with 549 viewskropotkin41

Saints Away on 18:24 - Sep 22 by ted_hendrix

Sorry, Ted.

Play Off Final was a lovely day out wasn't it?

Also, I went for a lovely walk in the Brecon Beacons on Sunday with a young man who is good friends with Steven Caulker, he sounds like a good sort.

Better?

Saints Away on 20:28 - Sep 22 with 519 viewsted_hendrix

Some people seek enlightenment by turning to Buddha, I have turned to Oddball.

It might help.

You never know.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Saints Away on 20:38 - Sep 22 with 511 viewsHantsR

Aside from football it's been glorious weather and I've enjoyed coast, countryside and riverside to the full. I've been swimming off The Gower, winning a threesome at golf, catching a huge barbel and only today enjoyed watching a peregrine falcon and kingfisher amongst many other feathered creatures. My missus and I also won a bottle of whisky in a pub quiz...er, I was relieved about the No vote...Nico's goal made me very happy...er, I'm looking forward to Saturday!

There, that's pretty positive...and I haven't started to talk about my sex life
Saints Away on 20:45 - Sep 22 with 500 viewskropotkin41

As far as I can tell that is three positive posts in a row, possibly a record for this week on LFW.

The weather has indeed been stunning and I have a big brand new polytunnel coming sometime this week. It appears that there's more to life than football.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhMFVTQACHWkzuG1gAtPyLu4-X

Saints Away on 20:50 - Sep 22 with 497 viewsHantsR

Saints Away on 20:28 - Sep 22 by ted_hendrix

Some people seek enlightenment by turning to Buddha, I have turned to Oddball.

It might help.

You never know.

Kelly's Heroes! Took me a while for it to sink in!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024