Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Away 06:57 - Sep 22 with 4750 viewsDubaiR

Never lost at St Mary's however who expects us to go there and get anything from the game?

What I really struggle with is we were poor last season despite having the biggest budget by a country mile, yet we went up and all the talk was how we are a band of brother, great spirit etc.

We all know we needed to add some quality but same as last time we went up the team that achieved it not really being given a chance as we have made a raft of signings again.

We have spent serious money this summer Vs. the teams around us in the league but now 5 games in we are talking about fitness, getting to know each other, not sure what the best side.

Surely we would benefit from having Ned along side Caulker, he was superb last season and we said he needed a quality partner we added the partner but dropped Ned. Yun was great in his appearances last season and changed the semi final Vs. Wigan but once again not being given any sort of chance and we have reverted to Hill at LB or Armand who can't defend for toffee.

We all knew we needed to add attacking options, Arry screwed us here. Remy won't leave a week before the window shuts.......Well you are dafter than you look, we all knew that was likely to happen and we got left with Vargas, Charlie and Bobby hardly an inspiring attack force.

For me it's time for Arry and the chuckle brothers to go, we look like a team once again with no real plan or shape. Tony won't act though and is either blind to what's going on or it is too costly to replace. Surely he must look at Leicester and wonder how a side who have spent considerably less than we have are performing better. They have a higher points return and had the harder fixtures - Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Everton and Stoke away
Saints Away on 20:50 - Sep 22 with 714 viewsRuislipHoop

Saints Away on 12:40 - Sep 22 by YorkRanger

well for anyone keen to see it first hand a further 600 tickets were released to general sale this am...

3 of those we're mine,I returned them Saturday.Cant waste anymore weekends away knowing the club aren't trying to win.
Saints Away on 22:17 - Sep 22 with 672 viewsElHoop

Chief didn't play for U21's today - presumably training for Saturday along with Hoilett?
Saints Away on 22:25 - Sep 22 with 661 viewssix_foot_two

Saints Away on 20:50 - Sep 22 by RuislipHoop

3 of those we're mine,I returned them Saturday.Cant waste anymore weekends away knowing the club aren't trying to win.

Back off to support the bee's then. They got smashed Saturday , still there's always the Chelsea.
Saints Away on 00:40 - Sep 23 with 631 viewseastside_r

Saints Away on 22:25 - Sep 22 by six_foot_two

Back off to support the bee's then. They got smashed Saturday , still there's always the Chelsea.

Exactly this. No-one likes a turncoat.
Saints Away on 05:31 - Sep 23 with 612 viewsDubaiR

Saints Away on 14:14 - Sep 22 by daveB

last two times in this league Fernandes sacked the manager mid season and things didn't really get much better either time so I don't see him sacking Redknapp unless we are cut adrift and doing really badly. Whilst we remain in touch then no way he will he sack him

But Dave that is the point I was trying to make. We have a new back 4 and midfield due to Arry. We could of just added Caulker, simpson no worse that Isla, Onouha better than Rio and left back has not changed. Midfield we needed 1 or 2 a partner for Joey and back up. We also needed 2 strikers. The reason we have a completely new side is HR can't leave it alone, like a 16 yr old playing football manager the best bit the summer and transfer window
Saints Away on 08:52 - Sep 23 with 577 viewssimmo

Saints Away on 22:17 - Sep 22 by ElHoop

Chief didn't play for U21's today - presumably training for Saturday along with Hoilett?

I thought you could only pick 3 over 21's per game? That would have been Murphy, YSY and 1 other, was it Dunne?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Saints Away on 09:01 - Sep 23 with 572 viewsWokingR

Saints Away on 08:52 - Sep 23 by simmo

I thought you could only pick 3 over 21's per game? That would have been Murphy, YSY and 1 other, was it Dunne?

Yep, Dunne played
Saints Away on 10:16 - Sep 23 with 527 viewsElHoop

Saints Away on 08:52 - Sep 23 by simmo

Yes but if you can only play 3 then you'll play three who won't be getting a game anytime soon rather than those who will be playing and might get injured, given the injuries we already have. If Chief in particular wasn't a serious contender for Saturday then surely he'd have had a run out? If he's likely to play then he'd be needed on the training ground to start sorting out the formation.
Login to get fewer ads

Saints Away on 10:20 - Sep 23 with 519 viewssimmo

Saints Away on 10:16 - Sep 23 by ElHoop

Yes but if you can only play 3 then you'll play three who won't be getting a game anytime soon rather than those who will be playing and might get injured, given the injuries we already have. If Chief in particular wasn't a serious contender for Saturday then surely he'd have had a run out? If he's likely to play then he'd be needed on the training ground to start sorting out the formation.

I would have thought its the opposite, I am fairly sure YSY has been playing as much as possible for the U21s so he has some 'match fitness' for the first team. I reckon he will start on Saturday for example....

I also think if Redknapp was to drop Ferdinand (which I don't think he would), he would rather bring Dunne back in then Onouha.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Saints Away on 10:28 - Sep 23 with 515 viewsElHoop

Saints Away on 10:20 - Sep 23 by simmo

I would have thought its the opposite, I am fairly sure YSY has been playing as much as possible for the U21s so he has some 'match fitness' for the first team. I reckon he will start on Saturday for example....

I also think if Redknapp was to drop Ferdinand (which I don't think he would), he would rather bring Dunne back in then Onouha.

Nah. He needs them on the training ground at this point in time, if they are playing. He could play YSY I suppose, but I doubt it. Anyhow if he goes back to three at the back then he needs to give the three of them plenty of work together.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:52 - Sep 23 with 475 viewsHunterhoop

Saints Away on 10:20 - Sep 23 by simmo

Saints Away on 14:00 - Sep 23 with 438 viewsheadhoops

Saints Away on 16:23 - Sep 22 by Discodroids

she loved it mate, she wants to go again, you can imagine my pain when she pointed out beau brummel as the best player on the' pitch by a mile'...grrrr.

hope your anniversay went well...28 years, congrats again to you sir.

delighted that she enjoyed her first match - much as I berated Beau Brummel for his exploits at Manure he was our best player on the day.

We enjoyed a very pleasant evening - at one stage I even allowed her out of the cellar to look out of the window

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024