Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? 17:39 - Sep 22 with 5960 viewsAntti_Heinola

While I can't bear Redknapp, I think he should stay, and we shouldn't consider sacking him if and when we are relegated. It was a stance TF should have taken with Warnock - in fact, that decision set off a train of events that we've struggled with ever since. Relegation and a fresh start without a huge debt would have been preferable to what has happened.

But I digress. I'm a firm believer that owners should, at all times, regardless of how happy they are with their manager, have a short list of five or six names that they would be following and considering as their next manager, were circumstances to change. With managers changing regularly anyway, and with Harry absolutely certain to not be here for much more than 2 years at most, that seems imperative to me. This is what Swansea do.

So, who should TF be looking at now? Who should our club's representatives be studying, watching, looking at their style of play etc? Who is the next Pochettino or Rodgers that we could poach?

Bare bones.

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 12:46 - Sep 23 with 1656 viewsHunterhoop

I'd take Eddie Howe. Take the risk. I think he's a nice fit culturally too. His teams play nice football and he attacks.

Yes, he may not work, but that risks exists with everyone.
Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 12:52 - Sep 23 with 1649 viewsTheBlob

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 12:44 - Sep 23 by R_from_afar

I'm really note sure. I can't conceive of Pulis doing a bad job but then if Holloway came, we might get Bircham too. What about McClaren?

I'm almost seeing the next appointment in terms of identifying the qualities first, then finding a manager to fit. The key qualities for me are someone who :

- Someone who can coach and develop players, including rough diamonds from other clubs and our own youngsters (what is this madness of which I speak? )
- Someone with a genuine passion for the job, who is enthusiastic about Rangers and who believes in the club and respects it and its fans. No more jobbing managers who think we are beneath them
- Someone willing to stick around and build the club, to get the youth system firing on all cylinders and to be a flag bearer for our desperately needed new infrastructure (training ground improvements / new stadium)
- Someone who can turn us into a force and make Loftus Rd (and New Loftus Rd) a place teams fear to go because QPR are so well motivated and drilled, because the fans have totally bought into what the coaching team are trying to achieve and are behind them to a man and roaring the team on...
- Someone whose career is on the up, not on the wane.
- Someone who is not an ego on legs or a media whore.

Hell, I am salivating already, but can it be done?

RFA

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 12:53 - Sep 23 with 1644 viewsAntti_Heinola

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 12:46 - Sep 23 by Hunterhoop

I'd take Eddie Howe. Take the risk. I think he's a nice fit culturally too. His teams play nice football and he attacks.

Yes, he may not work, but that risks exists with everyone.

I would too. Like the cut of his jib.
To be honest, mainly I want someone who enjoys being a football manager and who wants to go out and win games by giving the opposition problems, playing attacking football. Redknapp has never sent us out to destroy a team. Where he gets his reputation as an attacking manager is beyond me.

Bare bones.

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 13:37 - Sep 23 with 1596 viewsHunterhoop

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 12:53 - Sep 23 by Antti_Heinola

To be honest, mainly I want someone who enjoys being a football manager and who wants to go out and win games by giving the opposition problems, playing attacking football. Redknapp has never sent us out to destroy a team. Where he gets his reputation as an attacking manager is beyond me.

Completely agree. I like him. I think he'll be a success.
Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 13:46 - Sep 23 with 1582 viewsTheBlob

Is this the same Eddie Howe that keeps selecting Lee Camp?
No thanks.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 13:55 - Sep 23 with 1568 viewsheadhoops

If I may reply a la Northern.

What we want - someone to take us on a 5 year journey re-introducing the flair and panache associated with previous QPR sides. Attacking football, innovative ideas, tactical nous and a cup run. Sadly Roberto Martinez is gainfully employed. Robinson is a good shout as is Howe possibly ever Rossler. Off the pitch a better scouting system, training facilities and then a new ground.

What Tony wants - a high profile - keep his mugshot in the media appointment - has Sven retired yet?

What we will likely get - protracted negotiations with Car Giant, better fencing at Harlington and Pulis.

What nobody wants - step out of the shadows....Bondy Bond.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 14:30 - Sep 23 with 1551 viewsDANRANGER

Some really sensible options and ideas but I just don't see TF taking that approach. To take a Robinson or Howe we would either need to be back in the Championship looking to rebuild or have a club with an excellent youth set up already in place. I just don't see TF taking that risk whilst we continue to try and stay afloat in the Premier league.

The 1st team is their only priority and the hope is that we can sustain Premier league status and they can then hope to build the club. They tried to do to much to soon and it backfired badly so now they have a second chance. Therefore if HR is sacked (which won't happen unless we are really struggling by December) I can only see TF wanting a proven premier league manager and that would more than likely be Moyes right now or Hoddle as the easier option.
Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 14:56 - Sep 23 with 1533 viewsFDC

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 13:55 - Sep 23 by headhoops

What we want - someone to take us on a 5 year journey re-introducing the flair and panache associated with previous QPR sides. Attacking football, innovative ideas, tactical nous and a cup run. Sadly Roberto Martinez is gainfully employed. Robinson is a good shout as is Howe possibly ever Rossler. Off the pitch a better scouting system, training facilities and then a new ground.

What Tony wants - a high profile - keep his mugshot in the media appointment - has Sven retired yet?

What we will likely get - protracted negotiations with Car Giant, better fencing at Harlington and Pulis.

"has Sven retired yet"

Don't even joke about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 20:46 - Sep 23 with 1471 viewshopphoops

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 01:39 - Sep 23 by BucksRanger

Luciano Spalletti
Nationality: Italian
Current status: Unemployed.
Past: Took Udinese and Roma into the Champions League. Won two Russian league titles with Zenit.
Style: Ambitious, attacking tactics — his Roma played 4-6-0.
Future: A club needing a fresh tactical impetus.

4-6-0 Perfect for Rangers at the moment.

http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/managers-index-august-2014#BTb1YHXCSXmwV4kR.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 1:42]

He's far to good to come to us. I was regularly watching Roma when they went 4-6-0 after they got a transfer ban for tapping up Philippe Mexes, it was the best sustained football i've ever seen. mind you it helps having midfielders who know where the goal is like Totti, Perrotta and Mancini.

I'd love De Canio back mind...

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 21:20 - Sep 23 with 1458 viewsdaveB

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 12:53 - Sep 23 by Antti_Heinola

All comes from his Spurs team where he peaked imo, he did a great job with them, the football they played at times was brilliant.
Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 21:26 - Sep 23 with 1444 viewsShotKneesHoop

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 21:20 - Sep 23 by daveB

All comes from his Spurs team where he peaked imo, he did a great job with them, the football they played at times was brilliant.

I don't t think 'Arry had anything to do with Spurs success last year. Bale and a few others were the ones that peaked.

'Arry might as well have been selling programmes outside for the real work he did.

Levy ain't daft, he knew 'Arry had burnt out and couldn't wait to dump him on any mug that turned up. Which is where we come in again.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 21:28]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 21:35 - Sep 23 with 1440 viewsdaveB

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 21:26 - Sep 23 by ShotKneesHoop

I don't t think 'Arry had anything to do with Spurs success last year. Bale and a few others were the ones that peaked.

'Arry might as well have been selling programmes outside for the real work he did.

Levy ain't daft, he knew 'Arry had burnt out and couldn't wait to dump him on any mug that turned up. Which is where we come in again.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 21:28]

He came to Spurs at the perfect time, they had good players all under achieving, he bought quite well and got them playing some great stuff. Two top 4 finishes and a good run in europe as well plus a few cup semi finals and a final. He did very well for them, perfect club for him at the perfect time. If it was all down to Levy then they would have carried it on in the last two years rather than doing next to nothing since he left
Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 22:02 - Sep 23 with 1419 viewsMK_Rs

I'd go for Paul Clement myself.....he said he wants to manage a Premiership club and with his experience I think he's ready for it.
A manager for the future.......for me, Redknapp is a manager of the past.
Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 22:37 - Sep 23 with 1401 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Sabella? No ta. Anyone advocating a world cup, National team manager should look at LVG.

Would any of you like Woy to come in and take over? I thought not.

When 'Arry's done keeping us up this season, I would suggest a man to take over that you would all laugh at, Nigel Adkins.

Not only is he used to blue and white hoops, he also actually has a notepad and he's not afraid to use it!
Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 03:58 - Sep 24 with 1346 viewsKaos_Agent

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 13:55 - Sep 23 by headhoops

Speaking of high profile media mugshot possibilities, here's a guy who's a full 1.5 years younger than Harry:

Full name Luiz Felipe Scolari
Date of birth 9 November 1948 (age 65)
Place of birth Passo Fundo, Brazil
Height 1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)
Playing position Defender

"Then it has all been in vain. The fellowship has failed." "Not if we hold true to each other."

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 05:41 - Sep 24 with 1336 viewsQPR_ARG

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 22:37 - Sep 23 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Sabella? No ta. Anyone advocating a world cup, National team manager should look at LVG.

When 'Arry's done keeping us up this season, I would suggest a man to take over that you would all laugh at, Nigel Adkins.

Not only is he used to blue and white hoops, he also actually has a notepad and he's not afraid to use it!

But Sabella has been hugely successful at club level before working for only 3 years for Argentina (he left even after being offered to renew).

I don't think there are many managers out of a job that are as good as him.

But I keep saying it will never happen. I don't think he'll ever be in our radar, no matter how he'll earn a lot less than Harry.

A crying shame.
Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 05:45 - Sep 24 with 1335 viewsQPR_ARG

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 03:58 - Sep 24 by Kaos_Agent

Speaking of high profile media mugshot possibilities, here's a guy who's a full 1.5 years younger than Harry:

Full name Luiz Felipe Scolari
Date of birth 9 November 1948 (age 65)
Place of birth Passo Fundo, Brazil
Height 1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)
Playing position Defender

Whose last job at club level was to relegate Palmeiras (one of the 12 big clubs in Brazil -one of four in the Sao Paulo area-). Even though Palmeiras are again struggling, getting relegated with them would be a lot more difficult than getting relegated with QPR.

He failed at Chelsea...how wouldn't he fail at QPR.

If he is appointed, I'm not watching QPR anymore. I'll probably try drugs or other ways of self-harming to try and ease the pain of having to abandon the club I love. But it'd be THAT serious to me.

I'm sure you were writing a tongue-in-cheek message, but since I hate the man I thought I'd have a go at him!
Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 10:36 - Sep 24 with 1278 viewsQPunkR

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 22:37 - Sep 23 by Hoop_Du_Jour

I think Woy would actually be a very shrewd appointment for a Club like us once he's out of gainful employment. Ok a few years ago maybe. Unlike Redknapp and Hughes (btw the similarities between them are growing by the day), he actually turns up during the week and trains his players.
Our squad is not untalented, but you look at the last couple of away games and practically none of the fúckers know what they're supposed to be doing/what their job is etc. There'd be no such misunderstandings under Woy (or Gigi for that matter).
Woy hasn't done well at the bigger jobs he's had as his system is perfected for more middling teams.

QPR - "shit but local"

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 10:43 - Sep 24 with 1273 viewsdaveB

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 10:36 - Sep 24 by QPunkR

I think Woy would actually be a very shrewd appointment for a Club like us once he's out of gainful employment. Ok a few years ago maybe. Unlike Redknapp and Hughes (btw the similarities between them are growing by the day), he actually turns up during the week and trains his players.
Our squad is not untalented, but you look at the last couple of away games and practically none of the fúckers know what they're supposed to be doing/what their job is etc. There'd be no such misunderstandings under Woy (or Gigi for that matter).
Woy hasn't done well at the bigger jobs he's had as his system is perfected for more middling teams.

Hodgson is a brilliant club manager at clubs our size. The jobs he did at Fulham and West Brom were superb
Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 11:36 - Sep 24 with 1253 views1BobbyHazell

Paul Clement, absolutely perfect.

Failing that, here's some encouraging news.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/24/sacked-fulham-manager-felix-maga
Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 12:33 - Sep 24 with 1231 viewsMonahoop

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 10:43 - Sep 24 by daveB

Hodgson is a brilliant club manager at clubs our size. The jobs he did at Fulham and West Brom were superb

Yes. Forgot about Roy. He is a good manager at certain sized clubs as you say, but I feel he'll pack it all in when his lot is done with England.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 12:45 - Sep 24 with 1216 viewsTHEBUSH

Don't see much difference between Redknapp and Hodgson, both set in their ways, roughly the same age, so for me not for us, although will never happen anyway.
Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 12:45 - Sep 24 with 1216 viewspaulparker

its hardly moving forward though Dave is it ?
replacing one old dinosaur for another

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 13:00 - Sep 24 with 1206 viewsVish

for me Eddie Howe. However;

1. He probably wouldn't come near us with a barge pole.
2. TF has never heard of him.
Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 17:20 - Sep 28 with 1110 viewsTacticalR

Not a Harry Out Thread - But who next? on 18:31 - Sep 22 by Northernr

What the club needs...

- An appointment with a long term view. Where do we want to be in five years? In the Premier League, with a new training ground. Where do we want to be in ten years? In the Premier League, with a new training ground, and a new stadium. These all point to a director of football appointment first and foremost, somebody of great experience who can oversee the long term aims of the club, with carefully selected managers who all play a similar style. I'd have Karl Robinson from MK Dons with a more experienced DofF over the top of him, because Robinson knows what it's like to be building a club almost from scratch, getting the youth and scouting and first team all aiming for the same thing. MK Dons are the same every season, despite selling players and working on a tight budget in a league where everybody hates them. Get a style of play running through the club at all levels, and appoint managers who fit with it so you're not constantly ripping everything up and starting again when a new man is appointed - Swansea are the masters at this, West Brom used to be before the DofF left for the FA. Maybe Paul Clement, although I'm always wary of these super coach manager in waiting types, Rene Meulenstein was the last one and Steve Clarke before him, neither conspicuous successes. Big QPR connection though.

What the club will get...
- Somebody you've all heard of. Somebody who's been in the papers a lot. Somebody from the Goals on Sunday sofa. If it happened tomorrow, probably PUlis, Sherwood or Zola or Lennon. If it had happened five months ago, probably Mackay. There is nobody at our club with any football knowledge or experience whatsoever above the manager. Sack the manager and the most senior person at our club who knows anything about the sport at all is probably Clint Hill. So they're not going to notice that Paul Hartley's done well at Dundee for example. They'll come, sign ten players in their first window, ten players in their second, ten players in their third and so on. And maybe we'll do well and maybe we'll do badly, but whatever we do won't last very long term and in five years time we'll still be exactly what we are now - a yo-yo club spending vast amounts of money on football players with no real idea what to do with them or where we're going.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024