Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryder Cup 08:30 - Sep 23 with 5523 viewsElHoop

Anyone got any views on this?

Looking down the two teams, it looks wide open, so I'm backing the USA. There's not many players who are sure to play well and win games. Lots are out of form or haven't really done much winning recently, if at all.

McIlroy and Dubuisson could be Europe's stars and I would expect Spieth to go well for the USA. Dubuisson looks a bet for top scorer in various categories.

But Europe looks vulnerable to me, I can't see them as a long odds on proposition.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 9:37]
Ryder Cup on 08:37 - Sep 23 with 1699 viewsdoogi55

its on sky so most people dont give a dam about it now
Ryder Cup on 08:50 - Sep 23 with 1682 viewsTheBlob

Most of the Europe team don't seen to be in any sort of form.McIlroy is,Rose maybe,Garcia.....you can always rely on Poulter to put in a shift.
Got a bad feeling about this one,maybe good for the tournament if the Yanks won.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ryder Cup on 09:06 - Sep 23 with 1665 viewsElHoop

Yeah the USA have a few streaky players who could go either way. If they go the right way then it will be extremely difficult for us as our bottom order looks a bit vulnerable.

Will be interesting to see the pairings.
Ryder Cup on 09:10 - Sep 23 with 1653 viewsTheBlob

Tom Watson targeting Poulter as a key player could backfire and gee him up.There's talk of partnering Ian with McIlroy instead of the two Ulstermen.
Can't wait for the whole shebang to kick off.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ryder Cup on 09:12 - Sep 23 with 1652 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Americans are the value bet but I just can't bring myself to bet on them.
I like to watch it and want the Europeans to win.
Ryder Cup on 09:34 - Sep 23 with 1625 viewskingsburyR

Ill be watching it all, love the ryder cup.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Ryder Cup on 09:46 - Sep 23 with 1611 viewsbob566

always wonder why they have to announce the teams so early. Kind of suits europe as the two form players on the US tour at the end have been Horschel and Chris Kirk. Neither of whom make the team.

Very open. Might drop a fiver on a draw.

Think McIlroy or Furyk to be top players for their sides. Both played well in the fedex. McIlroy could have won the thing if not for his two three putts. Furyk was right up there too.
Ryder Cup on 10:19 - Sep 23 with 1583 viewskomradkirk

always great drama but the dosh will stay in the pocket i think.
come on ulster,uk,ireland,,gb ,europe
Login to get fewer ads

Ryder Cup on 10:37 - Sep 23 with 1570 viewsqpr1976

Ryder Cup on 09:46 - Sep 23 by bob566

always wonder why they have to announce the teams so early. Kind of suits europe as the two form players on the US tour at the end have been Horschel and Chris Kirk. Neither of whom make the team.

Very open. Might drop a fiver on a draw.

Think McIlroy or Furyk to be top players for their sides. Both played well in the fedex. McIlroy could have won the thing if not for his two three putts. Furyk was right up there too.

US team qualification is over 2 years since previous Ryder Cup
Europe qualification is only over the last 1 year, so that explains the difference a little.
Of course, it doesn't stop USA Captain selecting Horschel or Kirk in his 3 picks, but he seems to have gone with experience - a valid quality for this type of event.
Interesting that europe have this time moved from 2 picks to 3, matching USA.

Agree with McIIroy, but Furyk folded at Medina. Normally a steady player, but the Ryder Cup is completely different to most events.

For me, it's 'the best' sporting event. Europe have won 8 out of the last 10 and I can't remember any being anything less than great to watch. Home soil and Gleneagles may be the difference. The debutant Gallagher knows the course like the back of his hand.
Bjorn & Westwood worry me the most from Europe.
Ryder Cup on 10:43 - Sep 23 with 1567 viewsbob566

Ryder Cup on 10:37 - Sep 23 by qpr1976

US team qualification is over 2 years since previous Ryder Cup
Europe qualification is only over the last 1 year, so that explains the difference a little.
Of course, it doesn't stop USA Captain selecting Horschel or Kirk in his 3 picks, but he seems to have gone with experience - a valid quality for this type of event.
Interesting that europe have this time moved from 2 picks to 3, matching USA.

Agree with McIIroy, but Furyk folded at Medina. Normally a steady player, but the Ryder Cup is completely different to most events.

For me, it's 'the best' sporting event. Europe have won 8 out of the last 10 and I can't remember any being anything less than great to watch. Home soil and Gleneagles may be the difference. The debutant Gallagher knows the course like the back of his hand.
Bjorn & Westwood worry me the most from Europe.

I'm half thinking of gallagher for an e'w top pt scorers bet but I reckon McGinley won't pick him for all the events whereas he'll deffo pick mcilroy, poulter etc to play all the games.
Ryder Cup on 10:47 - Sep 23 with 1560 viewsElHoop

Dubuisson was runner up in the World Matchplay (beaten by Day in final) which was a real test of stamina so I could see him playing a lot of games. He's a canny player too.
Ryder Cup on 16:05 - Sep 23 with 1486 viewsloftus77

Ryder Cup on 09:34 - Sep 23 by kingsburyR

Ill be watching it all, love the ryder cup.

So will Clive. Can't get enough of it, apparently...
Ryder Cup on 16:11 - Sep 23 with 1476 viewsjamois

I have a mate who's a golf pro and knows the course well. He thinks it's tailor made......for the yeanks. He's already had a big wager on them.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Ryder Cup on 16:15 - Sep 23 with 1471 viewsthompsonridd

Gutted Tiger Woods isn't playing. He's the one who destroys their team spirit, they might actually be good this time!!!!

"COME ON EUROPE"

Could do with Zamora teeing off last on Sunday!!
Ryder Cup on 21:00 - Sep 23 with 1406 viewseasthertsr

Sorry Guys I think Golf is sh*t, especially what the players wear, I mean what's that all
about?, they look like pimp tw@ts!
Ryder Cup on 21:17 - Sep 23 with 1395 viewsMrSheen

Golf meets manufactured rivalry. Our multi-millionaires are better than your multi-millionaires. Roosters v Bunnies and Tipp v Kilkenny are what I'm looking forward to.
Ryder Cup on 21:33 - Sep 23 with 1382 viewsHollowayRanger

Ryder Cup on 08:37 - Sep 23 by doogi55

its on sky so most people dont give a dam about it now

my thoughts exactly

ryder cup and cricket died for me the minute it left free to watch tv

and football has as well apart from what little is shown on tv

use to love ryder cup now hope Europe wins but wont see any of it ,half hour hightlights mean sweet fa to me

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Ryder Cup on 21:37 - Sep 23 with 1379 viewsthemodfather

shame sky have taken over this.....bbc have pretty much jack these days.
europe have had the upper hand over recent cups...the teams look nigh on evenly matched, the usa need woods to play for the team for once and we hope he don't!
looking forwards to this and it's the only golf i watch.

mosconi cup soon too ( usa v europe in pool)
Ryder Cup on 12:18 - Sep 24 with 1294 viewsElHoop

There seem to be a few clues on the possible US pairings:

Those teams range from the categories of prior duos (Phil Mickelson-Keegan Bradley; Bubba Watson-Webb Simpson) to mentor-mentee (Matt Kuchar-Jordan Spieth; Jim Furyk-Patrick Reed) to like-minded players (Jimmy Walker-Rickie Fowler; Hunter Mahan-Zach Johnson).

Kuchar-Spieth looks a good solid pairing.

GB
Ryder Cup on 12:24 - Sep 24 with 1288 viewsdaveB

Tiger Woods playing is usually a good omen for Europe, as he's out I think the Yanks will just win it
Ryder Cup on 12:33 - Sep 24 with 1279 viewsTHEBUSH

Golf, have grown tired of all this love-in talk, between the players, commentators and all.

Buddy, partner, how crap this all is, when they really hate each other, can't stand it anymore, ain't gonna watch any of it.

I know I'm an old git, but have had enough of all this sh*t
Ryder Cup on 12:36 - Sep 24 with 1276 viewspaulparker

Got a sneaky feeling for the Yanks this time round,
don't rate Mckinlay as captain (hope im proved wrong) and think this is one ryder cup to many for Westwood & Mr fake passion for the cameras Ian Poulter
the yanks have gone about this one quietly for once , leaving all the razz a ma tazz to Europe

Got to say the coverage sky have on the actual Golf is superb, unfortunately the hype around it now is cringe worthy at best , especially now King Fergie has given a pep talk ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ryder Cup on 12:36 - Sep 24 with 1276 viewsYorkRanger

Singles at Medina was one of the best day's sport I have seen for years - until May this year....
Ryder Cup on 12:49 - Sep 24 with 1259 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I should hate it but I can't. The singles matches on the Sunday is always high drama and, though I don't have Sky, I'll definitely be tuning in...ahem...somehow...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ryder Cup on 20:22 - Sep 25 with 1191 viewsElHoop

Well the bullshit stops and the action starts soon.

As for the morning:

7:35 a.m. Bubba Watson & Webb Simpson Justin Rose & Henrik Stenson
Watson and Simpson are good at the fourballs. Fancy them here.

7:50 a.m. Rickie Fowler & Jimmy Walker Thomas Bjorn & Martin Kaymer
This one could be tight. Will go for a tie.

8:05 a.m. Jordan Spieth & Patrick Reed Stephen Gallacher & Ian Poulter
Spieth could be a star here. Fancy yanks to scrape home.

8:20 a.m. Keegan Bradley & Phil Mickelson Sergio Garcia & Rory McIlroy
Am not a Bradley fan. Mickelson is a weirdo so Europe to win here

2.5 to 1.5 USA
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 20:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024