Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Traore 10:34 - Sep 23 with 1734 viewsdaveB

Nice interview with him about working with Hoddle and Adel's weight issues

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/qpr/qpr_defender_traore_will_help_keep_taarabt_foc

.... click link for full piece....
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 11:29]
Traore on 10:41 - Sep 23 with 1696 viewsDiscodroids

thats great armand,thanks.

one question, how do you manage to make hans peter briegel look like this..??

ask glenn that over the macademia nut tempura.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 10:41]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Traore on 10:41 - Sep 23 with 1695 viewsozexile

We pay millions for players and pay them a massive wage and don't educate them on what to put in their body to fuel it. Incredible.
Traore on 10:49 - Sep 23 with 1658 viewsTacticalR

Traoré sounds a bit confused, which is not that surprising as he seemed to be morphing from a left-back into a winger, and now he's being played at left-back again.

If he is going to play as a left-back then it's good to have someone (in this case Hoddle) to tell him how to perform the role (in a previous interview Traoré said that nobody at Arsenal ever told you what you were doing wrong).

Air hostess clique

Traore on 11:09 - Sep 23 with 1617 viewsjonno

Traore on 10:49 - Sep 23 by TacticalR

Traoré sounds a bit confused, which is not that surprising as he seemed to be morphing from a left-back into a winger, and now he's being played at left-back again.

If he is going to play as a left-back then it's good to have someone (in this case Hoddle) to tell him how to perform the role (in a previous interview Traoré said that nobody at Arsenal ever told you what you were doing wrong).

Couple of things. 1. You would think that a player who has played at the level Traore has for as long as he has would realise that as a full back you need to track the run of your opposing winger. 2. Why has it taken until Hoddle arrives for someone in the coaching department to explain that to him? What exactly do the other members of the coaching staff tell the players?
Traore on 11:09 - Sep 23 with 1615 viewsBasingstokeR

“But because they play in the best teams in the world they can afford not to be that good defensively because they’ve got world class centre halves but I can’t do that here because right now we are not a top three club in the Premier League.

Veiled compliment to our centre backs that!
Traore on 11:20 - Sep 23 with 1577 viewsDiscodroids

for all the multi millions, world wide acclaim and superior species the premier league is, your average footballer in 2014 is still pretty thick...that could have been an interview with derek stahem or bobby mcdonald in the 70's talkng about breaking down steak and chips with a prawn cocktail and butterscotch angel delight as his pre match meal.

underneath its slick venner its still the same old product, but without the heart and soul.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 11:21]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Traore on 11:22 - Sep 23 with 1561 viewsNorthernr

Usual plea, can we just post the first few pars and then a link, not really fair to the paper or the journo to copy and paste the full thing...
Traore on 11:29 - Sep 23 with 1516 viewspaulparker

Traore on 11:20 - Sep 23 by Discodroids

for all the multi millions, world wide acclaim and superior species the premier league is, your average footballer in 2014 is still pretty thick...that could have been an interview with derek stahem or bobby mcdonald in the 70's talkng about breaking down steak and chips with a prawn cocktail and butterscotch angel delight as his pre match meal.

underneath its slick venner its still the same old product, but without the heart and soul.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 11:21]

Ahh old school interviews Disco, (well remembered on Derek Staham BTW )
you also forgot that their favourite drink is Lager & Lime
favourite tv programme is OFAH, & match of the day
Favourite Music is anything by Phil Collins or Level 42
and Mark Falco gets untold stick for wearing Hawaiian Shirts into training

Also Top Marks for using are you being served pictures today & the forgotten Arthur English

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Traore on 11:29 - Sep 23 with 1516 viewsLoft1979

Traore on 11:09 - Sep 23 by BasingstokeR

“But because they play in the best teams in the world they can afford not to be that good defensively because they’ve got world class centre halves but I can’t do that here because right now we are not a top three club in the Premier League.

Veiled compliment to our centre backs that!

Exhibit A- Fabio in a QPR shirt & Fabio in. Man U shirt.
Exhibit B. Bosingwa in a scum shirt....etc
Traore on 11:29 - Sep 23 with 1515 viewsdaveB

all changed, sorry wasn't thinking when I put the whole article
Traore on 11:33 - Sep 23 with 1498 viewsNorthernr

Traore on 11:29 - Sep 23 by daveB

all changed, sorry wasn't thinking when I put the whole article

No worries.
Traore on 11:37 - Sep 23 with 1477 viewsdaveB

Traore on 11:09 - Sep 23 by jonno

Couple of things. 1. You would think that a player who has played at the level Traore has for as long as he has would realise that as a full back you need to track the run of your opposing winger. 2. Why has it taken until Hoddle arrives for someone in the coaching department to explain that to him? What exactly do the other members of the coaching staff tell the players?

Looks like no one in the Hughes, Warnock or Wenger regimes told him either. Bizarre really
Traore on 11:41 - Sep 23 with 1466 viewsibnumber10

I spoke to one of NW's staff after they had just signed him, and was told that he freely admitted that when he was at Arsenal they never coached defending.
Traore on 11:46 - Sep 23 with 1442 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I like the way that he thinks he can eat McDonalds because his body fat remains unaltered, no mention of nutrition or body fuel at all. Just because a certain food doesn't make you fat it doesn't make it acceptable food for an athlete.

Jesus, my GAA club players are trained from U-8 upwards what to eat and what to avoid. I don't mean to be hard on him because maybe he was just making a point in a clumsy manner, but I've read it a few times and it still has me bemused.

As for positioning and tracking back, this is a story we've heard so many, many times before from players - "since the new coach/manager has come in he's been making us better etc etc". As if a player of his age doesn't know most of these basic duties by instinct at this stage. This kind of comment carries no weight with me. It always smacks of a player who refuses to accept responsibility for his actions and to embrace a modicum of accountability.

Sorry, Armand, but you're looking for a clean slate here, and that has to be earned by actions rather than words.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Traore on 11:53 - Sep 23 with 1412 viewsDiscodroids

Traore on 11:46 - Sep 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I like the way that he thinks he can eat McDonalds because his body fat remains unaltered, no mention of nutrition or body fuel at all. Just because a certain food doesn't make you fat it doesn't make it acceptable food for an athlete.

Jesus, my GAA club players are trained from U-8 upwards what to eat and what to avoid. I don't mean to be hard on him because maybe he was just making a point in a clumsy manner, but I've read it a few times and it still has me bemused.

As for positioning and tracking back, this is a story we've heard so many, many times before from players - "since the new coach/manager has come in he's been making us better etc etc". As if a player of his age doesn't know most of these basic duties by instinct at this stage. This kind of comment carries no weight with me. It always smacks of a player who refuses to accept responsibility for his actions and to embrace a modicum of accountability.

Sorry, Armand, but you're looking for a clean slate here, and that has to be earned by actions rather than words.

just about to say your last sentence bri, 4 years here and achieved the square root of fu ck all.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 11:53]

Traore on 12:16 - Sep 23 with 1316 viewssimmo

Traore on 11:09 - Sep 23 by jonno

To be fair I don't think it was about having to suddenly teach a full back to track wingers, more that in this circumstance, with the way Stoke play, the wingers cut inside and look for through balls, and it's better in that circumstance to come deep and track the runner to intercept rather than relying on an offside trap.

It's nice to hear somebody is trying to give players individual instructions though, that's what they need, to be given little pointers to improve and do their jobs better individually as well as part of the collective.

Also, I think he's done quite well for us since last season where he stopped worrying about his little niggles and concentrated on trying to play consistently. We have so far played him at LB, LWB, LW and RW, all in different formations and systems against various oppositions. It's hard to expect consistency from him in that situation - we also have to remember that he's not an amazing player, but he can be highly effective, especially in this league where pace is som important. Personally I would like to see him play as a natural wide man, or not at all, he's not a defensive LB, the same way Isla isnt on the other side. Danny Simpson gave 7/10 performances every week but that was because he concentrated solely on dealing with his opposition winger and being a passing option, rather than effecting the game at the other end, like Isla or Traore could, given the right circumstances.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Traore on 12:36 - Sep 23 with 1245 viewsQPunkR

I think there's a good player hiding inside Armband. He's not the sharpest tack and can't defend for toffee, but I think he's the best winger we've got. Uncomplicated and direct, with an excellent cross on him, even on the run. Play him further forward and stick Yun at LB, I think we'd get joy down that left side.

QPR - "shit but local"

Traore on 13:39 - Sep 23 with 1100 viewsA40Bosh

Whilst some players who have come and gone leave me cold, there is something about Traore that I just really want him to do well for us and prove his doubters wrong, so I find that I automatically cut him some slack when reading his interviews. I take into account that he is not the sharpest tool in the box too and that he has English as an additional language despite being over here a good few years, so he will not allows articulate himself easily when trying to make a point.

For example, to pick up on Brian's point, I believe he was merely illustrating that he could eat McDonalds every day and he would not put up weight not that he does, whereas if Adel even looks at carbs then he bloats out like many of us do. I am sure they have all had it drilled into them enough times the benefits of the nutritional diet required by top level sportsmen an women, it's just not every has the maturity to keep to it.

I also would not get too hung up about this never been taught how to defend thing. I don't think he is on about the basics of not being told at a young age to stand on the pitch nearer your goalkeeper than the opponents keeper, and if a person in a different colour shirt comes towards you, then try to kick the ball away from them. The guy has played at international level. What I believe he is talking about is being trained in adapting to different systems to cope with playing against different teams with different systems. He probably feels that one minute he is being told to do this that and the other and then the next manager gives him a roasting for not doing something else.

I just think he is too open and honest in interviews and as a result comes across as a bit thick and an excuse maker.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Traore on 13:48 - Sep 23 with 1059 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Traore on 13:39 - Sep 23 by A40Bosh

Whilst some players who have come and gone leave me cold, there is something about Traore that I just really want him to do well for us and prove his doubters wrong, so I find that I automatically cut him some slack when reading his interviews. I take into account that he is not the sharpest tool in the box too and that he has English as an additional language despite being over here a good few years, so he will not allows articulate himself easily when trying to make a point.

For example, to pick up on Brian's point, I believe he was merely illustrating that he could eat McDonalds every day and he would not put up weight not that he does, whereas if Adel even looks at carbs then he bloats out like many of us do. I am sure they have all had it drilled into them enough times the benefits of the nutritional diet required by top level sportsmen an women, it's just not every has the maturity to keep to it.

I also would not get too hung up about this never been taught how to defend thing. I don't think he is on about the basics of not being told at a young age to stand on the pitch nearer your goalkeeper than the opponents keeper, and if a person in a different colour shirt comes towards you, then try to kick the ball away from them. The guy has played at international level. What I believe he is talking about is being trained in adapting to different systems to cope with playing against different teams with different systems. He probably feels that one minute he is being told to do this that and the other and then the next manager gives him a roasting for not doing something else.

I just think he is too open and honest in interviews and as a result comes across as a bit thick and an excuse maker.

I think that's all very fair and reasonable, Bosh.

I like him too, so I should allow for these things, but I like him in the way that I like a lot of the young players in my club. No matter how hard attempts are made to create an environment for them to succeed, no matter how many managers and coaches have worked with them, sooner or later they have to take personal responsibility and actually perform. And he's a lot older and better than them.

I know you're right (God damn you!!!) but time is a-ticking.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024