Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 13:48 - Sep 23 with 5444 viewsbaz_qpr

Interesting comment from HR this morning that they dropped the 3-5-2 as some influential senior players (no names named but judging from public comments Hill and probably Barton) were not happy with it and he did not want the formation to become the excuse. Went on to say made no difference as we got stuffed at Man Utd with a similar performance to spurs but different formation
So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 16:27 - Sep 23 with 1304 viewsKonk

December 2012. Checkpoint on the Ukrainian/Russian border. A nervous young Russian conscript inspects Redknapp’s passport whilst his colleague nervously thumbs his Kalashnikov:

“And what is the purpose of your visit?”

“Look, I’m the national manager of Ukraine, it’s a triffic country. Great people, good pros. I’m not looking for trouble - I don't understand none of that post-cold-war, geo-political stuff. I'm just here to do a bit of scouting…now, Lev Yashin — what a player!”
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 16:39]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 16:30 - Sep 23 with 1297 viewsWestbourneR

3-5-2 is crap, end of.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 16:35 - Sep 23 with 1275 viewsLblock

So the one shell ol' "H" had left in his armoury was he was a man motivator and players love him.... looks to be a dud. Cant motivate players he signed to play in a new formation for more than 4 games?

The fella is a busted flush that was never in play. FFS Tone, wake up man!!!!

You've now allowed him to spunk another large amount of wedge on players for a 3-5-2 and be persuaded to revert to good old 4-4-2 or 4-3-2-1 or anything but what we are now equipped for, ie 4 at the back with wingers. The excuses his former clubs fans warned us about are now being rolled out accompanied by Bondy on the old johanna. Sick of it.

QPR Retirement Home for Players, Agents and "Coaches" wishing to top up pension funds still rolls on.... "This club can no longer be a place where once good players come to die" wasnt it??

The madness of football. I'd be sacked on the spot if I ran my sites that way.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 17:07 - Sep 23 with 1232 viewsTacticalR

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 15:55 - Sep 23 by 1BobbyHazell

Well if it wasn't for Clint's 'interference', Hoilett would have been taken off at Wembley and we'd more than likely be looking forward to Rotherham away this Saturday.

I believe Hill is the world's foremost expert on the timing of the substitution of the left-back position.

Air hostess clique

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 17:27 - Sep 23 with 1200 viewsWestbourneR

True. Redknapp was right in the middle of screwing up our play off final with that sub until Hill intervened.

He picked the wrong eleven and made the wrong subs almost every time last year.

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 17:31 - Sep 23 with 1187 viewspomanjou

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 14:35 - Sep 23 by Jamie

Eh? Arry would make a top spy. He chats so much shit, if interrogated his captors would have no clue what is truth and fiction.

Neither would 'Arry...........

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 17:32 - Sep 23 with 1190 viewsdaveB

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 17:27 - Sep 23 by WestbourneR

True. Redknapp was right in the middle of screwing up our play off final with that sub until Hill intervened.

He picked the wrong eleven and made the wrong subs almost every time last year.

Clint Hill denied this ever happened, it all came from Phil Beards drunken speech, I think it's a bit of a myth.
So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 17:35 - Sep 23 with 1185 viewsNortholt_Rs

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 15:55 - Sep 23 by 1BobbyHazell

Well if it wasn't for Clint's 'interference', Hoilett would have been taken off at Wembley and we'd more than likely be looking forward to Rotherham away this Saturday.

...and a win!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 17:36 - Sep 23 with 1181 viewsrobith

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 17:32 - Sep 23 by daveB

Clint Hill denied this ever happened, it all came from Phil Beards drunken speech, I think it's a bit of a myth.

Really? Seem to remember him saying it in his post match interview
So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 17:42 - Sep 23 with 1168 viewssimmo

Watch the game back, you actually see Hill signal the bench...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 17:43 - Sep 23 with 1164 viewsWestbourneR

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 17:42 - Sep 23 by simmo

Yeah my recollection is with Simmo.

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 17:45 - Sep 23 with 1159 viewsdaveB

would be a great story if true but not sure it is. More something everyone wants to believe
So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 17:52 - Sep 23 with 1151 viewsAntti_Heinola

don't even need to watch it back - it was there and plain at the time.

Bare bones.

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 18:09 - Sep 23 with 1128 viewsterryb

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 16:02 - Sep 23 by Konk

Very good, Brian!

Whitehall. 19th November, 2012.

"Harry, as you know we've become increasingly concerned about Putin's continuing meddling in the affairs of the former Soviet states. The PM wants some boots on the ground, so we're sending you out to Kiev - Sandra and Rosie will remain at Sandbanks. Ostensibly you'll be there to coach the national football team, but we'd like you to use your influence to foment opposition to Yanukovych's presidency, clearing the way for the rapid accession to Nato and the EU. Do you have any questions?"

"Yeah, is this going through the books or cash in hand?"
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 16:05]

Are you sugesting that we have an imposter in charge at Rangers & the real HR is in Kiev? I'm assuming that Jamie is aware of this as he has recently made comments that could be interpreted as criticising Harry.

I demand to be told which club the head of the secret service supports so that I can add them to my list for when the revolution comes!

Of course, certain clubs are already on that list.
So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 18:14 - Sep 23 with 1115 viewsterryb

I was watching Clint as the substitution was to be made.

He ran to the touchline & after speaking to them they changed the number on the board from Hoilett to Hill's number.

Of course, he may have been arguing that he should be staying on but it didn't look like it at the time.
So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 19:14 - Sep 23 with 951 viewswombat

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 17:35 - Sep 23 by Northolt_Rs

...and a win!

Wouldn't have said to Rotherham actually , new ground to add the the list and all that

Poll: which is your favouite foot

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 19:50 - Sep 23 with 929 viewsdaveB

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 18:14 - Sep 23 by terryb

I was watching Clint as the substitution was to be made.

He ran to the touchline & after speaking to them they changed the number on the board from Hoilett to Hill's number.

Of course, he may have been arguing that he should be staying on but it didn't look like it at the time.

fair enough, I always thought it was a myth. I know Hill took himself off in the semi just didn't think he did in the final.

Says a lot about Hill to do that and fair play to Redknapp for listening, at the time I thought he was going to take Traore off
So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 20:40 - Sep 23 with 876 viewsLoft1979

Watching the game again...

Very therapeutic...recommend it highly
So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 10:22 - Sep 24 with 765 viewsfrancisbowles

Clint is possibly the player most suited to playing in the left cb position in a back 5, with his experience as a lb and a left sided cb. It would also add confidence to his game as mistakes are not always critical if you have a sweeper to cover.

Dunne definitely not suited, doesn't have the passing ability especially on the left, more of a blood and guts boot it up the park merchant!

We definitely need an extra presence, either holding midfielders in a 4231 or a sweeper in a 532.
So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 10:33 - Sep 24 with 743 viewsdaveB

listening to a 5live podcast this morning Rory Smith who is a journalists was speaking about 3-5-2 and said he spoke to Joey Barton about the system and our Joey said no one has ever won anything playing that way and he was strongly against it. So I think that probably answers who was against it.
So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 10:39 - Sep 24 with 734 viewsQPunkR

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 10:33 - Sep 24 by daveB

listening to a 5live podcast this morning Rory Smith who is a journalists was speaking about 3-5-2 and said he spoke to Joey Barton about the system and our Joey said no one has ever won anything playing that way and he was strongly against it. So I think that probably answers who was against it.

Then again, Joey's a fúcking pillock who only doesn't believe in 3-5-2 because Nietzsche never advocated it. Nietzsche was a staunch 4-4-2 man, as everyone knows.
If players are drilled properly, thick as most of them are, they can and will adapt to new systems.

QPR - "shit but local"

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 10:39 - Sep 24 with 734 viewsNorthernr

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 10:33 - Sep 24 by daveB

Imagine how useful he could be if he directed his energies into improving his own game, and set piece taking.
So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 10:51 - Sep 24 with 714 viewsTacticalR

Isn't the problem that we have burnt our boats in pursuit of 3-5-2? Now we haven't got a conventional right-back because Simpson has gone, and we haven't got a conventional left-back because BAE has gone, Hill can't play that role any more, and Traoré is not a left-back (no matter how many tips he gets from Hoddle).

Air hostess clique

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 10:52 - Sep 24 with 706 viewsJigsore

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 10:39 - Sep 24 by QPunkR

Then again, Joey's a fúcking pillock who only doesn't believe in 3-5-2 because Nietzsche never advocated it. Nietzsche was a staunch 4-4-2 man, as everyone knows.
If players are drilled properly, thick as most of them are, they can and will adapt to new systems.

"if players are drilled properly"

hmm

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 11:01 - Sep 24 with 695 viewsQPunkR

So player unrest led to the dumping of 3-5-2 on 10:52 - Sep 24 by Jigsore

"if players are drilled properly"

hmm

I know, I know double-entendre alert

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024