Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints.. 20:27 - Sep 23 with 3662 viewsloftus77

Jeez...completely out of form (not).

They will be tired out for Saturday (right....???)
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 20:28]
Saints.. on 20:42 - Sep 23 with 2914 viewskarl

Need extra time and some nervous tense penalties!
Saints.. on 21:38 - Sep 23 with 2813 viewsCHUBBS

They've been superb tonight outplaying Arsenal and should have won by more so can't see us getting much at the weekend.
Saints.. on 21:45 - Sep 23 with 2795 viewsbosh67

Team to face them? As best balanced as we can put out.

Green

Onuoha Caulker Ferdinand Traore

Isla Henry Fer Hoilett

Kranjcar Austin

Subs: McCarthy, Yun, Hill, Phillips, Dunne, Zamora, Vargas

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Saints.. on 21:54 - Sep 23 with 2759 viewsBedford_R

Saints will comfortably beat us if we play like we did at ManU and Spurs.

RMH_R Reborn

Saints.. on 22:06 - Sep 23 with 2730 viewsdaveB

Saints.. on 21:54 - Sep 23 by Bedford_R

Saints will comfortably beat us if we play like we did at ManU and Spurs.

Barnsley would comfortably beat us if we play like we did at united and spurs
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 23:12]
Saints.. on 22:09 - Sep 23 with 2708 viewsRANGERS4EVER

With our CM struggles i would like a 4-2-3-1 with Fer and Henry CM, Kranjcar CAM, Hoilett and Vargas wingers and Austin up front. Not that it will make a difference to the 4-0 loss

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Saints.. on 22:17 - Sep 23 with 2678 viewskropotkin41

Hahahahahahahahaha.............. hohohohohohoho...............hehehehehehehe.....

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Saints.. on 22:18 - Sep 23 with 2673 viewsdaveB

Liverpool ha ha ha ha

Kolo Toure is so bad he could play for us
Login to get fewer ads

Saints.. on 23:12 - Sep 23 with 2549 viewsBedford_R

Saints.. on 22:06 - Sep 23 by daveB

Barnsley would comfortably beat us if we play like we did at united and spurs
[Post edited 23 Sep 2014 23:12]

Unfortunately very true....

RMH_R Reborn

Saints.. on 23:42 - Sep 23 with 2484 viewsNorthernr

Shaping up for a comfortable 2-0 defeat, although we do always seem to do well down there.
Saints.. on 00:10 - Sep 24 with 2447 viewsted_hendrix

Never seen us lose there, and I've seen the odd win at the Dell too.

Its time for this MB to get a bit more positive about things, Southampton are due a loss.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Saints.. on 00:19 - Sep 24 with 2435 viewsessextaxiboy

Saints.. on 00:10 - Sep 24 by ted_hendrix

Its time for this MB to get a bit more positive about things, Southampton are due a loss.

A point would do... and another one at West Ham
Saints.. on 08:26 - Sep 24 with 2240 viewsconnell10

we aint got a pray!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Saints.. on 08:34 - Sep 24 with 2209 viewsDiscodroids

i remember going to the dell in about 1992 for an fa cup defeat , i think jimmy greaves tipped us to go all the way...mental day.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Saints.. on 08:37 - Sep 24 with 2200 viewsingeminate

Saints.. on 08:26 - Sep 24 by connell10

we aint got a pray!

I expect a considerable improvement in set-up and approach and a comfortable win for them. To be fair Southampton are a quality footballing outfit.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Saints.. on 09:13 - Sep 24 with 2122 viewsBlue_Castello

Well it's up to our so called coaching / management team to start earning their very large pay cheques. We have started badly away from home so they need to set us up with a formation that can defend and at a minimum attack on the break.

Time for us to play a solid 4-2-3-1 which will give the defence more support and we can attack on the break. I was impressed with Henry's cameo on Saturday and he deserves to start as part of the defensive midfield.

Can we please not play Isla at right back he's a liability in a flat back four so it looks like Ned at right back ( due to the ludicrous sale of Simpson ) and I want to see Yun playing left back, he's better than Traore in that position even if he doesn't have an inner chimp. Most important no half fit players start the game, that means no Barton, Mutch and Sandra who through no fault of his own is going to really piss people off by constantly being on the treatment table and costing a small fortune in the process.

Do we start to consider Isla for midfield, we've been told he can play there and if he can give 90 minutes of hard work, closing down players and supplying the ball to more creative players then that may well be his best position.

We need to be positive, compete all over the park and we might get something from the game, if we sit back then Soton will take us apart like they did Newcastle. This games a big test of whether we can survive this year, if we go there and battle we have a chance even with all the Injurys.

With the options that are available I like the look of Boshs team, it really is time to give Yun a game and stick Traore on the bench. Lots of people were happy with Traore on Saturday well from R block he still looked like he was having an average game.

What pisses me off most and will do all season is the sale of Simpson, he's the best full back we've seen down the Rs in the last ten years ish excluding Kyle Walker, not as good going forward obviously but then better defensively than Walker.....sorry will winge about it all season
[Post edited 24 Sep 2014 11:05]
Saints.. on 09:17 - Sep 24 with 2114 viewssimmo

3-1 Saints, comfortable home victory but as long as there's some sunshine and a goal to celebrate, I'll take it

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Saints.. on 09:18 - Sep 24 with 2114 viewsRangersw12

Saints.. on 08:34 - Sep 24 by Discodroids

i remember going to the dell in about 1992 for an fa cup defeat , i think jimmy greaves tipped us to go all the way...mental day.

That was 2 days after spanking United 4-1

As per usual Rangers didn't turn up and lost 2-0
Saints.. on 09:32 - Sep 24 with 2088 viewskropotkin41

No, I think Ted's right!! Enough doom and gloom.

Southampton can't fail to think they'll roll over us, that's our first advantage. Harry and our coaching team have been preparing hard for this and will have a solid game plan playing to our strengths; we'll unveil our slick, swift attacking style that will mark our play for the rest of the season if not the decade and our defence will be faultless and unbreakable.

It's our turn to give the Premier League a shock and bring home 3 points and all of the glory.

Saints.. on 09:45 - Sep 24 with 2065 viewsQPR442

Saints.. on 09:32 - Sep 24 by kropotkin41

No, I think Ted's right!! Enough doom and gloom.

Southampton can't fail to think they'll roll over us, that's our first advantage. Harry and our coaching team have been preparing hard for this and will have a solid game plan playing to our strengths; we'll unveil our slick, swift attacking style that will mark our play for the rest of the season if not the decade and our defence will be faultless and unbreakable.

It's our turn to give the Premier League a shock and bring home 3 points and all of the glory.

'It's the Premiership anything can happen'
Wait...
'It's the Championship anything can happen'
Wait...
'It's league One anything can happen'.

those commentators say the same thing for each division!
'Only in the premier league'
Saints.. on 09:46 - Sep 24 with 2064 viewspaulparker

Saints.. on 08:34 - Sep 24 by Discodroids

I was there that day Disco, it was off the back of beating United 4-1
thousands turned up thinking it was the start of new things & typical rangers we lose and put in a dog sh*t performance

I was also there the season after when we won 2-1 and Justin Dreamboy Channing scored,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Saints.. on 10:36 - Sep 24 with 2003 viewsdaveB

all logic points to a home win but we have a great record down there, I fancy us to nick something
Saints.. on 12:48 - Sep 24 with 1903 viewskropotkin41

Saints.. on 10:36 - Sep 24 by daveB

all logic points to a home win but we have a great record down there, I fancy us to nick something

I'll have a bang on whatever you're smoking

Saints.. on 12:59 - Sep 24 with 1881 viewsVish

for some reason i think we will nick something. not because we're any good - but its probably one of those games where Soton are totally expected to win but it all goes against them.

A bit like Leeds away when we had a bad start and got relegated from the top flight, i think we won 1-3 at Elland Road, and a few years later Barnsley away 1-3.

anyway back to reality.

If we get stuffed again, i wonder what excuse HR will give this time
Saints.. on 13:32 - Sep 24 with 1837 viewsJuzzie

Saints.. on 00:10 - Sep 24 by ted_hendrix

West Brom just won at Spurs and Palace did the same at Everton.

Belief, belief, belief. If the clubs goes to games thinking "eeek, they're 2nd and just won at Arsenal in the Cup" then they may as well not bother turning up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024