Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Angkor Wat Doc 02:30 - Sep 24 with 746 viewsFredManRave

For those that are interested there's the first of a 2 part documentary on BB2 this Thursday at 8pm about, yep, you guessed it, Angkor Wat.

I went there over 10 years ago and spent 3 days visiting as much as possible of the site bearing in mind we were on old motorbikes that were clapped out and smoking a shite load. Utterly awesome place to visit, amazing history, architecture, views etc etc.
The most amazing and enjoyable historic site that I have personally visited, beating Machu Picchu, imo.

Hopefully this documentary will add to the intrigue and fascination of the place, so for those of you that are into this sort of stuff it should be well worth a viewing.

De nada.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-29245289

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Angkor Wat Doc on 09:42 - Sep 24 with 633 viewssmegma

Went there in Nov 99. It was the rainy season and we we had to wade up to our waists on the road from Siem Reap ! I did one day with colour film and another with black and white.2nd day we went there at 5am before the bus loads of western tourists turned up in their dayglo shellsuits. It's on a par with the Terracotta Army.
Angkor Wat Doc on 10:10 - Sep 24 with 605 viewsEastR

I first visited Angkor in 2006 and was blown away by the scale and grandeur of the place.

In 2009 I was also there and ran the Angkor half marathon - a great setting for a (very sweaty) jog.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Angkor Wat Doc on 19:17 - Sep 28 with 466 viewssmegma

Angkor Wat Doc on 10:10 - Sep 24 by EastR

I first visited Angkor in 2006 and was blown away by the scale and grandeur of the place.

In 2009 I was also there and ran the Angkor half marathon - a great setting for a (very sweaty) jog.

The programme was superb, it's currenyly being repeated on BBC2. The best programme I've watched this week but then the list is quite short apart from the News, MOTD and a few quizzes. Good to see the BBC actually using fee payers money on proper TV that doesn't include some non entity cooking a cake or dancing with two left feet.
Angkor Wat Doc on 08:01 - Sep 29 with 334 viewskingsburyR

Great doc and their engineering skill were amazing for the time!!!

Looking forward to the second part to see if they can shed any light in to why such a huge city became deserted!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024