Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First job Monday morning........ 16:37 - Sep 27 with 9961 viewsDeano19766

....if you were Tony F has surely to be pulling HR in and giving him his marching orders. Don't like the Premiershite and won't go and watch any games while we're in it so not bothered by relegation personally (although don't like to see Rangers lose any matches of course), but surely Tony F and his pals must be worried again now? Redknapp fluked us back up, and now 'organises' the dross we have produced so far this season. He's as shot as a manager as Rio is a defender.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 16:45]
First job Monday morning........ on 20:44 - Sep 27 with 1775 viewsessextaxiboy

First job Monday morning........ on 20:39 - Sep 27 by VancouverHoop

I agree the buck does – as is always the case – stop at the top.

It was fair to forgive TF for naivete, and bad luck, a couple of years ago. But after the Hughes debacle, he really should have begun planning farther ahead. It was fair enough to bring in "Arry as a short term hire in an attempt to keep us up, but he should also have been looking to build a lasting team culture. You don't do that with someone who's pushing 70.

I don't agree that others, particularly Hughes, are blameless. He spent wads of cash on superannuated players with no evident plan in mind, taking full advantage of Fernandes's guileless enthusiasm. 'Arry, OTOH is just past his sell by date. But, by his own lights is probably doing his best. He may yet be with us when/if we stay up, but it'll likely be in spite of his management rather than because of it.

I hope if someone is brought in to head run the footballing side of the club they aren't seen as a Maestro or Supremo. We need people who understand both football and organisational planning. It's not about getting The Right Man, it's about assembling a group of individuals with compatible skills who can agree on, and fulfill, long-term objectives. It sounds boring but, over time, it's more likely to work than bringing another unemployed ex-team boss who happens to flavour of the month.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 20:41]

So even if he keeps us up , you wont accept that he has accomplished his objective ?
If he takes us down I will accept that I got it wrong IE the facts will have changed .
First job Monday morning........ on 20:44 - Sep 27 with 1773 viewsted_hendrix

First job Monday morning........ on 17:28 - Sep 27 by essextaxiboy

I didnt see any of the game , so I wont post anything about the performance today .

I was at the game its just the same old tbh, we've been watching pretty crap football for an awful long time now.
What gets me is we don't have a bad squad of players if I'm honest but I'm boloxed if know what we do on the training pitch during the week.
When you consider what has happened at Southampton during the close season and the players they have lost and the Manager well you have to seriously start asking questions about our Manager and his training staff.
For the life of me who the fck is the Manager of Southampton? I've never heard of him in his managerial role, he's got them well organised pretty dammed quick, why cant our Manager who's been in the game over here for years get us organised.
I'm losing patience with Redkapp, on top of that we're shit to watch.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

First job Monday morning........ on 21:03 - Sep 27 with 1734 viewsthemodfather

we expected to lose at saints, and did..we have injuries and no game plan, that's for starters
we have lost too many prem games under this "genius" harry.
i wanted manager we could build under, younger and given time....maybe steve clarke?
harry has had bundles, bought his mates from the old skool club and his "genius" never got us up, clint hill's sacrificial subbing did the job
harry was going to do other subs.
i wanted harry out after that loss at charlton.i'm glad we went up but that should have been it.
First job Monday morning........ on 21:03 - Sep 27 with 1730 viewswestberksr

First job Monday morning........ on 20:44 - Sep 27 by ted_hendrix

I was at the game its just the same old tbh, we've been watching pretty crap football for an awful long time now.
What gets me is we don't have a bad squad of players if I'm honest but I'm boloxed if know what we do on the training pitch during the week.
When you consider what has happened at Southampton during the close season and the players they have lost and the Manager well you have to seriously start asking questions about our Manager and his training staff.
For the life of me who the fck is the Manager of Southampton? I've never heard of him in his managerial role, he's got them well organised pretty dammed quick, why cant our Manager who's been in the game over here for years get us organised.

'Twas a bit shit wasn't it. Occasional glimpses that a few of ours had met before the match rather than just turned up after winning a game in a raffle.

Junior livened up things with his pace and it says something when Karl henry was my man of the match just because he worked hard and used the ball well.

Phillips was a complete waste of space.
First job Monday morning........ on 21:12 - Sep 27 with 1713 viewsessextaxiboy

First job Monday morning........ on 20:36 - Sep 27 by Antti_Heinola

Spot on Jamie.
He absolutely should not be sacked until the moment we're relegated - if indeed we are. He has, however much i dislike him, earned the right to have a season here, just as Warnock did, and we ended that too soon.
He should stay and stick this out, and if he fails, he fails - he can't have a single excuse for failing, he's been backed better than any other manager in our entire history in terms of funds and wages. There really is no hiding place. So either he sorts this out and keeps us up, or he does't, we shake hands, and he ends his football career with a relegation.
Bit like Clough, only without all the glory before it.

Ok make a note of the date .
I totally agree with every word of this post .
And if you believe as I do that TF will not sack him, then the only logical thing is to get behind him till we know for sure isnt it . .
edit.. I dont dislike him I dont like him , I think he can do the job and I am sick of changing managers.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 21:19]
First job Monday morning........ on 21:16 - Sep 27 with 1701 viewsVancouverHoop

First job Monday morning........ on 20:44 - Sep 27 by essextaxiboy

So even if he keeps us up , you wont accept that he has accomplished his objective ?
If he takes us down I will accept that I got it wrong IE the facts will have changed .

I don't know, or care, what Harry Redkapp's objective is. I care about QPR's long-term stability and success on a game-by-game basis.* I'd like to believe Tony Fernandes feels the same way.

* Meaning that for ninety-minutes a week – win or lose – I want QPR to play their best, irrespective of the division they're in.
First job Monday morning........ on 21:23 - Sep 27 with 1682 viewsLblock

Not gone through the whole thread so apologies don't mean to be rude however...

I agree that candle face needs to go
But the other thing Fernandez needs to do is be an owner and NOT a chairman of football decision maker. The man is clueless and has proved himself that since he took over

I don't care about walking in my front door just now defeated; it's the fact I can't see this club progressing. Once again again I'm having to watch an over the hill money grabber roll out and lose his man and chip aimless balls to the opposition.

I'd rather be skint and League 2

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

First job Monday morning........ on 21:24 - Sep 27 with 1679 viewsessextaxiboy

First job Monday morning........ on 21:16 - Sep 27 by VancouverHoop

I don't know, or care, what Harry Redkapp's objective is. I care about QPR's long-term stability and success on a game-by-game basis.* I'd like to believe Tony Fernandes feels the same way.

* Meaning that for ninety-minutes a week – win or lose – I want QPR to play their best, irrespective of the division they're in.

But its not only about one game , you are judged at the end of the season . If you have no target how do you know if you have done a good job . Prem = success Champ = failure for me its simple
Login to get fewer ads

First job Monday morning........ on 21:34 - Sep 27 with 1660 viewsterryb

First job Monday morning........ on 21:24 - Sep 27 by essextaxiboy

But its not only about one game , you are judged at the end of the season . If you have no target how do you know if you have done a good job . Prem = success Champ = failure for me its simple

I am so thankful that I don't carry this narrow definition of sucess/failure.

Football is meant to be enjoyable & apart from the trip to Wembley we havn't had that since the win away to Stoke with Warnock as manager.

Results are far from the be all & end all. I will take relegastion & having a club that are building for the future over staying up & watching a shambles under HR every day.

I state this after watching (on a stream) what was possibly our best away performance in 2014. That just show's how bad the rest have been!
First job Monday morning........ on 21:37 - Sep 27 with 1650 viewsterryb

First job Monday morning........ on 20:44 - Sep 27 by ted_hendrix

Thanks for that Ted.

I do feel for all of you that went to Southampton. especially as I feel that the second half was a vast improvement on previous away performances in 2014.

IF we had started the game playing to win, we might actually have done so!
First job Monday morning........ on 21:42 - Sep 27 with 1639 views08olesen

The biggest thing for me is the money and stability.

We have just given Harry 20 mill to bring in the likes of Fer and Sandro, and so to sack him now would mean someone has to get there own players in January. We havnt got the money to do that!! People will then moan that we have no passionate long serving QPR players!!!!!

We just have to face the fact that it will be tough. A new manager is not always the answer! and just proves what a scummy club be potentially could become if we are sacking managers like that lot down the road!

What happens if the next lad doesnt work!! When does it stop!

Personally i dont think its a coincidence that both Koeman and Pochittino did well at southampton, they both have a philosophy and the club has a good structure. Until we get that, this conveyer belt of managers will continue.

We need to work out a formation and stick with it! Get players fit! and try and keep some sort of continuity with the team. Lets just get to January in the mix, and then see where we need to strengthen.

Ravel Morrison has been the biggest loss for us this year and Taarabt needs to come back and do that creative job, even though Nico has been good.

Poll: Who will the other play off

First job Monday morning........ on 21:44 - Sep 27 with 1633 viewsessextaxiboy

First job Monday morning........ on 21:34 - Sep 27 by terryb

Football is meant to be enjoyable & apart from the trip to Wembley we havn't had that since the win away to Stoke with Warnock as manager.

Results are far from the be all & end all. I will take relegastion & having a club that are building for the future over staying up & watching a shambles under HR every day.

I state this after watching (on a stream) what was possibly our best away performance in 2014. That just show's how bad the rest have been!

For me results are the be all and end all . I love it when we win , crushed when we lose .if I want to be entertained I will switch the television on . I hardly ever watch a non Rangers game ..maybe a London Derby ..because I dont care about the result .
First job Monday morning........ on 21:49 - Sep 27 with 1626 viewsterryb

First job Monday morning........ on 21:42 - Sep 27 by 08olesen

The biggest thing for me is the money and stability.

We have just given Harry 20 mill to bring in the likes of Fer and Sandro, and so to sack him now would mean someone has to get there own players in January. We havnt got the money to do that!! People will then moan that we have no passionate long serving QPR players!!!!!

We just have to face the fact that it will be tough. A new manager is not always the answer! and just proves what a scummy club be potentially could become if we are sacking managers like that lot down the road!

What happens if the next lad doesnt work!! When does it stop!

Personally i dont think its a coincidence that both Koeman and Pochittino did well at southampton, they both have a philosophy and the club has a good structure. Until we get that, this conveyer belt of managers will continue.

We need to work out a formation and stick with it! Get players fit! and try and keep some sort of continuity with the team. Lets just get to January in the mix, and then see where we need to strengthen.

Ravel Morrison has been the biggest loss for us this year and Taarabt needs to come back and do that creative job, even though Nico has been good.

Not really disagreeing with this.

However, if HR is still here, he will be wanting players in January to replace the likes of Fer, Sandro etc. as they have not lived up to his expectations.

The buck stops with TF & Beard in that they keep allowing Harry, & Hughes before him, to keep spending money on short term rather than having a long term policy.
First job Monday morning........ on 21:51 - Sep 27 with 1619 viewsRuislipHoop

First job Monday morning........ on 21:49 - Sep 27 by terryb

Not really disagreeing with this.

However, if HR is still here, he will be wanting players in January to replace the likes of Fer, Sandro etc. as they have not lived up to his expectations.

The buck stops with TF & Beard in that they keep allowing Harry, & Hughes before him, to keep spending money on short term rather than having a long term policy.

Spot on, I would love to here what TF,s long term goal is ??
First job Monday morning........ on 22:06 - Sep 27 with 1590 viewsisawqpratwcity

First job Monday morning........ on 20:36 - Sep 27 by Antti_Heinola

Spot on Jamie.
He absolutely should not be sacked until the moment we're relegated - if indeed we are. He has, however much i dislike him, earned the right to have a season here, just as Warnock did, and we ended that too soon.
He should stay and stick this out, and if he fails, he fails - he can't have a single excuse for failing, he's been backed better than any other manager in our entire history in terms of funds and wages. There really is no hiding place. So either he sorts this out and keeps us up, or he does't, we shake hands, and he ends his football career with a relegation.
Bit like Clough, only without all the glory before it.

i absolutely cannot understand this mentality at all. it' like the 'crack suicide squad' at the end of ''life of brian''.

we sure showed wilkins, didn't we?! ha! we stuck a big, fat relegation on his cv and didn't hurt us at all (unless you count the financial administration and the 15 years of second- and third-tier football).

if you own a business and you have a manager who is sending it broke you rid of him before he wastes any more value. you'd be an idiot to erode your capital just to teach him a lesson.

(note that the above is entirely separate to whether harry is up to the job or not. if it turns out that he isn't, then he goes at the timing that best suits the welfare of the club, no other consideration.)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

First job Monday morning........ on 00:00 - Sep 28 with 1513 viewskropotkin41

Do not see the point in waiting for relegation just so that Harry carries the can - he won't anyway........... it'll be bad luck, injuries, financial restraints, something, anything except him, except his fault.

We've seen enough of the absolutely rubbish brand of football he peddles. I do not know how he accomplished what he did at other clubs where he built his reputation, but all that I have seen of QPR since he came in has been rubbish, the exclusion of players for no good reason and the inclusion of others for reasons that seem to me to border on insanity.

He's a conman and a charlatan and he's clearly got TF blinded. What is the point in putting up with any more of this. As and when he gets us relegated we'll lose basically any players worth keeping, we'll be f*cked over by the Football League one way or the other and that'll be that.

TF seems to think (from his Twitter) that we're giving up early days, but I don't actually think he knows anything about football; actually I don't think he even really cares about football per se. Giving up is keeping bloody Harry Redknapp in charge.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

First job Monday morning........ on 07:29 - Sep 28 with 1413 viewsLoft1979

First job Monday morning........ on 21:16 - Sep 27 by VancouverHoop

Not seen it yet but I think it bodes WELL that Karl has been better. I think KH and Beast could be big in a defense first set up. In early games our midfield seems to have been over run.

- Matt Phillips has had a lot of early consideration, but it looks like Junior might get a run out as a starter.
First job Monday morning........ on 13:16 - Sep 28 with 1303 viewsTHEBUSH

First job Monday morning........ on 21:34 - Sep 27 by terryb

I think the club are finally building for the future, with the players we've signed in the last year or two.

Players like, McCarthy, Ned, Yun, Fer, Austin, Phillips, Hoilett, Mutch, Sandro & Donaldson.

Obviously still a few more signings needed, but think we're finally getting there.

Redknapp won't be here forever, hopefully he goes after this season. whatever the outcome !!
First job Monday morning........ on 16:37 - Sep 28 with 1241 viewsPinnerPaul

First job Monday morning........ on 17:44 - Sep 27 by SpiritofGregory

Amit should be running the club.

For the umpteenth time, he doesn't want to or to be more accurate his father in law doesn't want him to/invest the necessary
First job Monday morning........ on 16:39 - Sep 28 with 1237 viewsPinnerPaul

It seems we're going to have this type of thread after every defeat - very depressing
First job Monday morning........ on 17:15 - Sep 28 with 1206 viewsvegasranger

Surely he has to go? He has had 4 transfer windows and two preseasons to get this squad into shape. He comfortably failed to keep us in the Premier League. We somehow got out of the Championship playing dire football with a budget that many lower league Premier teams would envy. He has no idea what formation to play. The squad again is unbalanced. We have three 35 year old central defenders!! We have a left back who has no idea how to defend, a right back who plays wing back. We lack pace, strength and grit in the midfield. When Karl Henry ( who probably shouldn't be anywhere near the PL ) can be one of your best players by keeping it simple and tracking an opposing player, you are in trouble. We have only 3 forwards. Charlie has done well but he needs quality support. Re - signing Zamora was complete madness.
First job Monday morning........ on 17:45 - Sep 28 with 1179 viewsdaveB

Tony Pullis is no different at al to Redknapo imo, spends a fortune and has a 50/50 chance of it paying off.
First job Monday morning........ on 17:50 - Sep 28 with 1166 viewsWestbourneR

You have to say Pulis has made himself the number one target after the job he did at Palace.

That squad was awful and they were dead and buried when he arrived.

I didn't see many 90 minutes from them but I heard the football was much better than his Stoke team played. Is that true?

I'd have Holloway back too...

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

First job Monday morning........ on 17:59 - Sep 28 with 1149 viewsJamie

First job Monday morning........ on 20:44 - Sep 27 by essextaxiboy

If Arry keeps us up then it is absolutely mission accomplished, and I would hope you would agree should be pensioned off with a hearty pat on the back.

As things stand though, there's as much chance of Rio being dropped as us staying up.
First job Monday morning........ on 17:59 - Sep 28 with 1149 viewsdaveB

Pullis coming in is an absolute certainty imo but for me it's no different to when we hired redknapp to replace Hughes, went for the biggest name rather than the right man for the job
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024