Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First job Monday morning........ 16:37 - Sep 27 with 9907 viewsDeano19766

....if you were Tony F has surely to be pulling HR in and giving him his marching orders. Don't like the Premiershite and won't go and watch any games while we're in it so not bothered by relegation personally (although don't like to see Rangers lose any matches of course), but surely Tony F and his pals must be worried again now? Redknapp fluked us back up, and now 'organises' the dross we have produced so far this season. He's as shot as a manager as Rio is a defender.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 16:45]
First job Monday morning........ on 08:58 - Sep 29 with 1170 viewsderbyhoop

Before the keyboard warriors pile in to call for managerial change, take s moment to consider these points.
Clive has warned about *more blood". It also applies to managers.
what were your expectations at the start of the season? Mine was a relegation struggle, with a good season finishing 17th. That hasn't changed for me.
will a new manager get us more points? Possibly, but no guarantees

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

First job Monday morning........ on 10:47 - Sep 29 with 1111 viewsAntti_Heinola

First job Monday morning........ on 20:44 - Sep 27 by ted_hendrix

I was at the game its just the same old tbh, we've been watching pretty crap football for an awful long time now.
What gets me is we don't have a bad squad of players if I'm honest but I'm boloxed if know what we do on the training pitch during the week.
When you consider what has happened at Southampton during the close season and the players they have lost and the Manager well you have to seriously start asking questions about our Manager and his training staff.
For the life of me who the fck is the Manager of Southampton? I've never heard of him in his managerial role, he's got them well organised pretty dammed quick, why cant our Manager who's been in the game over here for years get us organised.
I'm losing patience with Redkapp, on top of that we're shit to watch.

You've never heard of Ronald Koeman? He's managed Valencia, Ajax and Benfica, and was one of Holland's best players in the 80s and 90s, playing under some of the best managers in history, and playing 200 times for Barcelona, a lot under Cruyff.
The rest of your point I get, but Koeman's not exactly a 36-year-old just into this management game!

Bare bones.

First job Monday morning........ on 10:51 - Sep 29 with 1102 viewsAntti_Heinola

First job Monday morning........ on 21:42 - Sep 27 by 08olesen

The biggest thing for me is the money and stability.

We have just given Harry 20 mill to bring in the likes of Fer and Sandro, and so to sack him now would mean someone has to get there own players in January. We havnt got the money to do that!! People will then moan that we have no passionate long serving QPR players!!!!!

We just have to face the fact that it will be tough. A new manager is not always the answer! and just proves what a scummy club be potentially could become if we are sacking managers like that lot down the road!

What happens if the next lad doesnt work!! When does it stop!

Personally i dont think its a coincidence that both Koeman and Pochittino did well at southampton, they both have a philosophy and the club has a good structure. Until we get that, this conveyer belt of managers will continue.

We need to work out a formation and stick with it! Get players fit! and try and keep some sort of continuity with the team. Lets just get to January in the mix, and then see where we need to strengthen.

Ravel Morrison has been the biggest loss for us this year and Taarabt needs to come back and do that creative job, even though Nico has been good.

And you think Harry won't want to sign 6 new players in January?

Bare bones.

First job Monday morning........ on 10:52 - Sep 29 with 1101 viewsNortholt_Rs

First job Monday morning........ on 17:15 - Sep 28 by vegasranger

Surely he has to go? He has had 4 transfer windows and two preseasons to get this squad into shape. He comfortably failed to keep us in the Premier League. We somehow got out of the Championship playing dire football with a budget that many lower league Premier teams would envy. He has no idea what formation to play. The squad again is unbalanced. We have three 35 year old central defenders!! We have a left back who has no idea how to defend, a right back who plays wing back. We lack pace, strength and grit in the midfield. When Karl Henry ( who probably shouldn't be anywhere near the PL ) can be one of your best players by keeping it simple and tracking an opposing player, you are in trouble. We have only 3 forwards. Charlie has done well but he needs quality support. Re - signing Zamora was complete madness.

Sold me - 'arry out!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

First job Monday morning........ on 10:56 - Sep 29 with 1095 viewsSpiritofGregory

Fernandes doesn't know what to do about Harry, he is terrified of making a change and screwing up yet again.
First job Monday morning........ on 11:00 - Sep 29 with 1107 viewsDiscodroids

First job Monday morning........ on 10:51 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

And you think Harry won't want to sign 6 new players in January?

no doubt a 32 year old defoe for 6 million holy beans of harold.

probably have the same people that were overjoyed with the 'rio' signing arguing that this is an inspired gamble too.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

First job Monday morning........ on 11:00 - Sep 29 with 1107 viewsAntti_Heinola

First job Monday morning........ on 22:06 - Sep 27 by isawqpratwcity

i absolutely cannot understand this mentality at all. it' like the 'crack suicide squad' at the end of ''life of brian''.

we sure showed wilkins, didn't we?! ha! we stuck a big, fat relegation on his cv and didn't hurt us at all (unless you count the financial administration and the 15 years of second- and third-tier football).

if you own a business and you have a manager who is sending it broke you rid of him before he wastes any more value. you'd be an idiot to erode your capital just to teach him a lesson.

(note that the above is entirely separate to whether harry is up to the job or not. if it turns out that he isn't, then he goes at the timing that best suits the welfare of the club, no other consideration.)

Any comparison of football to another business is completely pointless. There's absolutely nothing to compare. Football is a sport and it's too random to apply that kind of logic to. You can minimise that randomness, of course, but look at West Ham. I think they should get rid of Allardyce, of course, he's a knob and a boring, pompous football manager. But last season they stuck with him and when the injuries cleared up they stayed up easily. So you're saying sack someone because you think they might fail in the future, which is very difficult.

Now, for the truth. I'd have Harry out yesterday if I could. I can't bear the man, and I haven't been able to support QPR properly since he arrived. I never, ever sing his name. I think he's disingenuous, economical with the truth, two-faced and someone who has done plenty of damage to the game in his years. I think he's done very little to help QPR despite enormous backing. But he did get us up. And he has made some decent signings this time around. And it is too early to sack him now. It just is. If we're bottom three at Xmas (we will be) then that's the time to look at it. But I don't want him having one single wormhole to wriggle through with this one. I admit - I was desperate for him to be England manager, because then the Redknapp myth would have been laid to rest forever, because he would have been an utter disaster.

Bare bones.

First job Monday morning........ on 11:27 - Sep 29 with 1081 viewsadhoc_qpr

First job Monday morning........ on 11:00 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Any comparison of football to another business is completely pointless. There's absolutely nothing to compare. Football is a sport and it's too random to apply that kind of logic to. You can minimise that randomness, of course, but look at West Ham. I think they should get rid of Allardyce, of course, he's a knob and a boring, pompous football manager. But last season they stuck with him and when the injuries cleared up they stayed up easily. So you're saying sack someone because you think they might fail in the future, which is very difficult.

Now, for the truth. I'd have Harry out yesterday if I could. I can't bear the man, and I haven't been able to support QPR properly since he arrived. I never, ever sing his name. I think he's disingenuous, economical with the truth, two-faced and someone who has done plenty of damage to the game in his years. I think he's done very little to help QPR despite enormous backing. But he did get us up. And he has made some decent signings this time around. And it is too early to sack him now. It just is. If we're bottom three at Xmas (we will be) then that's the time to look at it. But I don't want him having one single wormhole to wriggle through with this one. I admit - I was desperate for him to be England manager, because then the Redknapp myth would have been laid to rest forever, because he would have been an utter disaster.

Agree with a lot of this, but not sure about ‘too soon’ to sack Redknapp and Christmas seems a fairly arbitrary time to sack him.

We’ve had ample evidence of what he can and can’t do — he’s been in charge for pretty much 2 whole seasons now, he’s been well supported with transfers and given carte blanche with coaching set up etc.

The imbalance in the squad, lack of fitness, lack of an obvious plan or tactics, negative approach etc are all down to him. If like last season, we can scrape the results we need to hit our goal i.e. get us to 40 points or thereabouts he’ll be OK. But if in a few games time we are still well off that pace, I would have no problem sacking him.

The club aren’t doing their jobs if they haven’t got an updated shortlist of managerial targets at all times. Ideally a new manager should have ample time to assess the squad prior to the January window though.
Login to get fewer ads

First job Monday morning........ on 11:32 - Sep 29 with 1069 viewsTheBlob

Well it's nearly midday and nuffing's occurred.

What happens next Einstein?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

First job Monday morning........ on 11:57 - Sep 29 with 1044 viewsdaveB

Thing is at QPR we always want a change and then everything will be ok. Sometimes it's players so drop Rio for Ned and everything will be fine or a change of manager or a change of owner or new blood in every transfer window.

It's not a new thing either, been happening for years, even back in the 90's it was get rid of Barker and we'll be better or get rid of the owner and it will all be great. At some stage we need to look a bit deeper and work out what on earth we want to be as a football club and how we are going to achieve that. If the aim is to go season to season, different team each time with the goal of staying up then leave things as they are as Redknapp has just as much chance of achieving that goal as anyone else does.
First job Monday morning........ on 11:59 - Sep 29 with 1040 views00calben

First job Monday morning........ on 17:05 - Sep 27 by Discodroids

lets not kid ourselves with niko's fee kick at the end, they had one on ones with green a number of times and they hit the wood work once/twice/three times ??.

our defence is woeful and gets cut open time and time again.

were simply not good enough at this level.

but then i look at warnock at palace and think harold is a man out of time in the premeirship 2014.

phillips has gone backwards and looks like a poor mans puncheon.

there isnt one person on this message board who can defend 'rio's' inclusion over ned.

im off to watch the ryder cup as i'll only end up having a ruck with pro harold posters.

[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 17:09]

3 years later it's finally sinking in that Warnock's sacking was absolutely disgraceful.

Just like everything TF has done since he walked in to the Club.
First job Monday morning........ on 12:08 - Sep 29 with 1025 viewsAntti_Heinola

First job Monday morning........ on 11:57 - Sep 29 by daveB

Thing is at QPR we always want a change and then everything will be ok. Sometimes it's players so drop Rio for Ned and everything will be fine or a change of manager or a change of owner or new blood in every transfer window.

It's not a new thing either, been happening for years, even back in the 90's it was get rid of Barker and we'll be better or get rid of the owner and it will all be great. At some stage we need to look a bit deeper and work out what on earth we want to be as a football club and how we are going to achieve that. If the aim is to go season to season, different team each time with the goal of staying up then leave things as they are as Redknapp has just as much chance of achieving that goal as anyone else does.

This is hardly unique to QPR, or any walk of life for that matter Dave! Changing is how things improve. Of course, change can also make things worse. But what are you advocating? Never changing?

Bare bones.

First job Monday morning........ on 12:15 - Sep 29 with 1013 viewskensalriser

First job Monday morning........ on 11:59 - Sep 29 by 00calben

3 years later it's finally sinking in that Warnock's sacking was absolutely disgraceful.

Just like everything TF has done since he walked in to the Club.

'Everything' he's done has been disgraceful?

You're not exaggerating just a teeny bit, then?

Not even everything Briatore did was disgraceful and he's way ahead of Fernandes in the bogeyman stakes.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

First job Monday morning........ on 13:37 - Sep 29 with 964 viewsR_from_afar

First job Monday morning........ on 20:36 - Sep 27 by Antti_Heinola

Spot on Jamie.
He absolutely should not be sacked until the moment we're relegated - if indeed we are. He has, however much i dislike him, earned the right to have a season here, just as Warnock did, and we ended that too soon.
He should stay and stick this out, and if he fails, he fails - he can't have a single excuse for failing, he's been backed better than any other manager in our entire history in terms of funds and wages. There really is no hiding place. So either he sorts this out and keeps us up, or he does't, we shake hands, and he ends his football career with a relegation.
Bit like Clough, only without all the glory before it.

I want 'Arry out sooner rather than later and believe we must - somehow get 12 points from the first 10 games - but your argument has a lot merits.

It's not the "earned the right" bit that I like, although I understand why you are saying that, it's the fact that Redknapp might very soon realise that his lasting legacy is at stake here. If we go down, it will be all his fault, no one else can be blamed. He has been loyally supported through the various transfer windows, receiving board approval to buy the vast majority of the players he has targeted, and has been allowed to bring in the coaches he wants.

I am praying that Redknapp will have an epiphany very soon. It's his job to make it work and it's his legacy which is on the line. He needs to accept full responsibility and start concentrating on our tactics, fitness and motivation, rather than on coming up with (frankly laughable) excuses for our ongoing failings.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

First job Monday morning........ on 13:41 - Sep 29 with 958 viewsdaveB

First job Monday morning........ on 12:08 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

This is hardly unique to QPR, or any walk of life for that matter Dave! Changing is how things improve. Of course, change can also make things worse. But what are you advocating? Never changing?

i just don't think change is the answer to everything. It's the same at all clubs I imagine but always seems that we need to change something to make everything right, i think the problems go far deeper. Redknapp could go tomorrow or next month and I don't think it will make a great deal of difference other than we'll have someone new to moan about
First job Monday morning........ on 13:53 - Sep 29 with 942 viewsPinnerPaul

First job Monday morning........ on 13:41 - Sep 29 by daveB

i just don't think change is the answer to everything. It's the same at all clubs I imagine but always seems that we need to change something to make everything right, i think the problems go far deeper. Redknapp could go tomorrow or next month and I don't think it will make a great deal of difference other than we'll have someone new to moan about

Spot on
First job Monday morning........ on 13:57 - Sep 29 with 934 viewsAntti_Heinola

First job Monday morning........ on 13:41 - Sep 29 by daveB

well i'd like to have someone new to moan about.

Bare bones.

First job Monday morning........ on 14:08 - Sep 29 with 909 viewsJAPRANGERS

First job Monday morning........ on 13:57 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

never fear. If we get well roasted at West Ham on Saturday, Paul Hart will be taking over again according to my sauce..........

[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 14:13]
First job Monday morning........ on 14:32 - Sep 29 with 893 viewsqprphil

Hi Everyone
Am a first time poster, been a Q.P.R. supporter for 60 years now, but only attend the odd home game (armchair supporter) Have seen like many people, highs and lows.
Attended every game until the plastic pitch was installed, that took my enjoyment away, having to travel some 70 miles for a home game, played on that surface. Anyway having T.V.at games means you can watch the full 90 mins now and not attend, which suits me now as I am not getting any younger. Right, imo we have one of the best chairman in the game, he backs his manager with money. Redknapp has failed in my eyes to sign many players who will make a difference. As some of the posts say, Remy was always likely to leave, no replacement ready. We have 3 old men at the back, the worse one so far has been Ferdinand, just not good enough, giving goals away like freebies. Isla, cant defend. The whole midfield is not full of running, or creativity. We have in Austin, a good a striker as you will get anywhere, yet the service to him is mostly pathetic. It is at best boring predictable football, played mostly defensively with no attacking threat. If it carries on like this, then the outcome is inevitable I am afraid.
First job Monday morning........ on 14:36 - Sep 29 with 888 viewsJAPRANGERS

First job Monday morning........ on 14:32 - Sep 29 by qprphil

Hi Everyone
Am a first time poster, been a Q.P.R. supporter for 60 years now, but only attend the odd home game (armchair supporter) Have seen like many people, highs and lows.
Attended every game until the plastic pitch was installed, that took my enjoyment away, having to travel some 70 miles for a home game, played on that surface. Anyway having T.V.at games means you can watch the full 90 mins now and not attend, which suits me now as I am not getting any younger. Right, imo we have one of the best chairman in the game, he backs his manager with money. Redknapp has failed in my eyes to sign many players who will make a difference. As some of the posts say, Remy was always likely to leave, no replacement ready. We have 3 old men at the back, the worse one so far has been Ferdinand, just not good enough, giving goals away like freebies. Isla, cant defend. The whole midfield is not full of running, or creativity. We have in Austin, a good a striker as you will get anywhere, yet the service to him is mostly pathetic. It is at best boring predictable football, played mostly defensively with no attacking threat. If it carries on like this, then the outcome is inevitable I am afraid.

Good post.

The inevitable crucial question for new posters is as always "what type of cheese are you in to?"
First job Monday morning........ on 14:49 - Sep 29 with 874 viewsTheBlob

First job Monday morning........ on 14:32 - Sep 29 by qprphil

Hi Everyone

Welcome aboard.Sorry but I read your name as qpruphill.
Didn't I lend you a tenner,White City 1963?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

First job Monday morning........ on 14:50 - Sep 29 with 871 viewsqprphil

First job Monday morning........ on 14:36 - Sep 29 by JAPRANGERS

Good post.

The inevitable crucial question for new posters is as always "what type of cheese are you in to?"

I saw a handful of championship games last season, and the best defender by far was Nedum, I just cant get my head around why he is not in the starting line up .I saw the Hoops away game at Charlton last season, he was superb. Has he upset the management by any chance?
First job Monday morning........ on 15:18 - Sep 29 with 846 viewsdaveB

you'll get one eventually and no doubt we'll quickly find he is useless as well
First job Monday morning........ on 16:24 - Sep 29 with 814 viewsqprphil

First job Monday morning........ on 14:49 - Sep 29 by TheBlob

Welcome aboard.Sorry but I read your name as qpruphill.
Didn't I lend you a tenner,White City 1963?

Yeah you did!!!! Another great venue to watch football at.
Originally from Wembley, then Enfield, now Kent. Some will think I am not qualified to post about how games go, that's fair enough, I can understand that, and will take any flak. Not being at the games you don't actually see the runs made off the ball etc, I can only base it on what I see on T.V. With interest on that tenner, it must be up to a grand by now eh.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First job Monday morning........ on 17:12 - Sep 29 with 796 viewsted_hendrix

First job Monday morning........ on 10:47 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

You've never heard of Ronald Koeman? He's managed Valencia, Ajax and Benfica, and was one of Holland's best players in the 80s and 90s, playing under some of the best managers in history, and playing 200 times for Barcelona, a lot under Cruyff.
The rest of your point I get, but Koeman's not exactly a 36-year-old just into this management game!

Yes I've heard of Ronald Koeman and naturally I was aware that he was the Southampton Manager, my rather badly put point being that as someone who hasn't managed in the Premiership before and has turned up and picked up a squad of players from a team that sold its best assets in the Summer, watched their previous Manager leave he's done a bloody good job so far.
Whereas we have a Manager who seems to have been Managing in the Premiership for an awful long time and could probably write a best seller on making bloody excuses for losing football matches.
Southampton looked pretty well drilled and organised to me in the short space of time that Koeman has been there, only time will tell I suppose.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024