Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Usual punch between fans 19:46 - Sep 27 with 18451 viewswombat

Did anyone see what happened ? We had the aftermath as they was taking the guy concerned out when the Southampton steward thought it was a great idea to try and drag the guy who wasn't reissting down the stairs he wedged his feet on the stairs and tried to find extra leverage and landed in our laps . Way way over the top from the steward

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Usual punch between fans on 11:55 - Sep 29 with 2235 viewsKonk

Usual punch between fans on 10:48 - Sep 29 by NW5Hoop

I wrote a piece arguing that the other day. It seems even an idea as simple as that marks you out as not a real fan. Among the responses I got were:
"[The writer] basically looks exactly like you'd expect him too; an absolute middleclass tosser who should be at the opera, not football."
"Why not throw in a pre order booking system for a programme and a pre match meal. Perhaps a vegan option? A massage?"
"what sort of wet lettuce sits down at away games? As soon as your cheeks hit the seat, you should be marched out"
"clearly you're a bit of an idiot."
"He's a whinging shit. try going to the footy in the balkans, Greece or turkey and having a whinge. This article sums up a large part of the issues with football in this country."
"I want to watch a football match from the centre of the pitch, while the game happens around me. That's all I want. I'm not asking for the moon on a stick, here."
"Snob much?"

Our ticketing website is absolutely pony, so if we can manage to have a seat map in place for every away game, that lets you select where you want to sit, then I can't see any reason why Rangers couldn't introduce the same facility. Obviously a bit more effort involved in loading up the seat plans, but I can't imagine it's that much of a mission.

Half the divs who've responded to your piece are probably the sort of sheep who think you're not a "proper" fan unless you throw beer over everyone on the concourse at half-time, even though the idea only crossed their minds when they first saw a load of another clubs' "proper" fans doing it on Youtube a few seasons ago.

If it's any consolation (and it's not) every club has these uber fans. We had a bloke on Saturday screaming at people for not standing up to "Stand up, if you love Fulham" - mate, I've schlepped up here and spunked the best part of a ton to watch two sh it sides, so if I don't want to play "Simon says", tough f ucking shi t. Ditto not joining in songs about paying benefits, sh itholes, Mourinho's mother being a whore etc.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Usual punch between fans on 12:08 - Sep 29 with 2196 views00calben

Usual punch between fans on 16:44 - Sep 28 by Brightonhoop

I wouldn't take my kids to QPR away if the tickets were free. Our away support has been coked up knob heads for years. Turning on grandadas and making kids cry, fcking w4nkers might as well be Chelscum.

Have to agree with this.

Over the last few years it is not just a tiny minority. A hell of a lot of our fans are simply morons.
Usual punch between fans on 12:39 - Sep 29 with 2101 viewshovehoop

Usual punch between fans on 16:44 - Sep 28 by Brightonhoop

I wouldn't take my kids to QPR away if the tickets were free. Our away support has been coked up knob heads for years. Turning on grandadas and making kids cry, fcking w4nkers might as well be Chelscum.

You've reminded me about United away in 2008. Tuesday night cup game. I took my son who was 13. Thought it would be a good experience for him given our 15 years? absence from OT. Our lot weren't even bothering visiting the bogs to shove coke up their noses. It was happening in the stands. And not just 1 or 2. I can't remember how/if I explained it at the time though this and their resultant erratic behaviour was unpleasant and made me question if I'd brought my boy to a safe place. The night was thankfully salvaged by a cracking atmosphere in the hotel bar after with fellow R's enjoying a few beers.

Can't understand the excitement about the standing/sitting thing. I do both. Though if standing means I'm likely to spoil someone's view then I'll sit. It's no big deal. I'm there to watch the football first and foremost. If our supporters felt our players warranted more vocal support I'm sure we'd give it standing or sitting!
Usual punch between fans on 12:45 - Sep 29 with 2072 viewsTopCat34

Don't understand how someone can be lamented for saying that away days are docile, and then many people on here looking down their noses at 'oiks' or 'morons' that try to stand or get the atmosphere going.

Obviously, I don't think it's fair for those in a position whereby they can't stand to have a bad experience, but other clubs seem to manage it - are we missing a trick? I long for a day when it will be better organised, either by the clubs or by fans themselves.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 12:50]
Usual punch between fans on 00:50 - Sep 30 with 1671 viewsLythamR

Usual punch between fans on 12:45 - Sep 29 by TopCat34

Don't understand how someone can be lamented for saying that away days are docile, and then many people on here looking down their noses at 'oiks' or 'morons' that try to stand or get the atmosphere going.

Obviously, I don't think it's fair for those in a position whereby they can't stand to have a bad experience, but other clubs seem to manage it - are we missing a trick? I long for a day when it will be better organised, either by the clubs or by fans themselves.

if we try and get things going with, rangers songs it can and does work

if the songs are the abusive racist horrible nasty songs like the remy song on saturday then you are not going to get the majority of rangers supporters going, much more likely to give them the right hump

sadly there were a disappointingly large number of people singing that crap on saturday

I
Usual punch between fans on 07:27 - Sep 30 with 1545 viewsElHoop

If they do start singing this garbage then can't we drown them out by singing something about THEM?
Usual punch between fans on 07:44 - Sep 30 with 1517 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Obviously on a different scale but in the same theme is 'loyal supporters' being screamed at anyone who dares leave 1 minute early. Seen a few near scraps because of that.
Usual punch between fans on 09:25 - Sep 30 with 1422 viewsdaveB

Usual punch between fans on 12:45 - Sep 29 by TopCat34

no problem with people wanting to create an atmosphere but needs to be a balance, if some people don't want to stand up for the entire game just don't berate them and show respect for fellow supporters.
Login to get fewer ads

Usual punch between fans on 09:34 - Sep 30 with 1403 viewsTearsOfaClown

Usual punch between fans on 22:39 - Sep 28 by Rblock_James

Yeah, that's right.

I'm automatically a moron that picks on other fans just because I want to stand up at a football match

We're not all coked up idiots just because we prefer to stand.

That's the trouble with the 'sit down brigade' you all think we're hooligans for wanting to get behind the lads in a more boisterous way.

Those who sit are making following Rangers one of the most dullest experiences going.

I am 6ft 3 and my son is 6ft 6 . . . and chance we can stand in front of you to make your experience complete?
Usual punch between fans on 10:03 - Sep 30 with 1358 viewsbob566

if the club could get the software in place like konk said then you could match seat numbers to tickets and get a name and ban the loons.

Next season if you want to buy a season ticket then you get your photo taken. Gets put up on a database and if you've been a naughty boy then they can match the cctv to the photo database. Yes its all a bit big brotherish but if you've got nothing to hide then sobeit.

Of course the logical thing is for the FA to study the bundesligue and see the way the stadiums have a terraced section and it works out well.

Its awful what that kid had to endure.
Usual punch between fans on 19:44 - Oct 2 with 1030 viewsRaymond

Usual punch between fans on 10:03 - Sep 30 by bob566

if the club could get the software in place like konk said then you could match seat numbers to tickets and get a name and ban the loons.

Next season if you want to buy a season ticket then you get your photo taken. Gets put up on a database and if you've been a naughty boy then they can match the cctv to the photo database. Yes its all a bit big brotherish but if you've got nothing to hide then sobeit.

Of course the logical thing is for the FA to study the bundesligue and see the way the stadiums have a terraced section and it works out well.

Its awful what that kid had to endure.

Some real cretins on our travels these days.

Saw a well known Rangers fella about to throttle another pissed up ginger haired acne infested face gimp because he was constantly standing in front of his young child.

People on here moaning about standing. Well speak to the authorities about it how about that. I was really hoping ginger was gonna get a clump Saturday as he was giving it but soon realized he was about to get flattened. Why should someone bring their child hours & many miles to enjoy a game to stare at the back of some pricks jumper? Wake up you just don't do that. It's called decency & respect. I'd like to stand if the truth was known but not to the detriment of my fellow supporters. That's a mug move.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024