Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Usual punch between fans 19:46 - Sep 27 with 18498 viewswombat

Did anyone see what happened ? We had the aftermath as they was taking the guy concerned out when the Southampton steward thought it was a great idea to try and drag the guy who wasn't reissting down the stairs he wedged his feet on the stairs and tried to find extra leverage and landed in our laps . Way way over the top from the steward

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Usual punch between fans on 16:54 - Sep 28 with 2714 viewsthemodfather

if qpr could win a sodding away day, these threads likely don't come up
at arsenal stewards physically made us sit down, then next game and chelsea are there, 3000 all standing!
man utd fans stand at away games....
also all ticket games make it hard for mates to be together, you get spread around..and if you travel together , you want to stand /sit together
Usual punch between fans on 17:08 - Sep 28 with 2666 viewsToast_R

All very well standing until Anfield or Goodison where the poor sods at the back wont be able to see sh*t standing or sitting if people in front stand up.
Usual punch between fans on 17:14 - Sep 28 with 2654 viewsQPR1882

Is it that time of the month for the usual sit down / stand up debate ?
Usual punch between fans on 17:19 - Sep 28 with 2637 viewsQPRCambs

Clive has summarised the events pretty well really. The relevant bloke seemed to be very anxious to pick a fight with someone, standing to goad the home support as soon as he arrived in the ground and thereafter at every opportunity he could, punctuated by numerous trips downstairs to either top up or relieve himself. His barely-provoked attack on the poor chap behind him was completely over the top and very frightening.

The atmosphere at football matches is getting increasingly bizarre, especially in the Premier League. I've always wondered why some people arrive moments before kick-off, spend more time looking at other (usually home) fans than the pitch, make one or two trips out during the game, then leave several minutes before half time - and repeat all the same in the second half. And then, no doubt, feel empowered to let rip on the social media with critical analysis of a game they've barely seen :-)

At 38 mins yesterday there was an exit of 'fire drill' proportions in both the home and away sections. One can only assume it is the need to get an early place in the queue for the bar or the too-few toilet cubicles. Apropos the latter, a sight that will haunt me for a long time was using the urinals at Wembley at half time next to two idiots each with their dicks in one hand and a coke-laden credit card in the other...

The standing/sitting/singing argument will rage on for ever. A sub-set of this is 'do the fans lift the team, or does the team lift the fans?' I believe the fans arrive and start the game in an boisterous mood but the sad fact is that in numerous away games in the last few seasons the team's performance is morale-sapping and often soporific, causing the noise and exuberance to leach away pretty quickly. Also, to be honest, I thought yesterday's game was absorbing rather than exciting, at least until Charlie's magnificent goal. Sadly, any momentum in the stands created by that was cancelled out by the nature of their winner.

If it wasn't for the craic with the crew before and after the game, I doubt that I would attend away games, certainly in the Premier League where you are treated generally pretty poorly by the host club and its stewards and have to endure the increasingly bizarre antics of fellow supporters, yesterday's example of which would put a lot of people off. But, when I do go, I prefer to sit unless and until events on the pitch lift me from my seat. I do, though, understand the views of those who want to stand. But, this is never going to be resolved in all seated stadia, if only because those who only go because they can sit (e.g. the old, infirm, those with kids, etc) should reasonably expect to be able to sit.
Usual punch between fans on 17:42 - Sep 28 with 2562 viewsdaveB

Usual punch between fans on 16:47 - Sep 28 by TopCat34

Surely, if you don't want to stand up you would buy your tickets towards the front?

you don't get to pick where you sit it's done at random.
Usual punch between fans on 17:51 - Sep 28 with 2532 viewsrobith

Usual punch between fans on 16:26 - Sep 28 by tommytanker

Why can't every away end simply be unreserved seating? People who want to stand can and people who want to sit can. It's not rocket science unless I am missing something.

Capacity for fire regulations I believe youre only allowed to sell 95% of the seats. Certainly was the case why they got rid of the good set up at London Irish where they had unallocated seating
Usual punch between fans on 17:57 - Sep 28 with 2515 viewsbatmanhoop

QPRCambs has described the scenario at away games pretty accurately. He forgot the practise of fans spending the whole game at the bar, watching the action, that is being played out live yards away, on the small screen
Usual punch between fans on 18:02 - Sep 28 with 2507 viewsJamie

Usual punch between fans on 17:19 - Sep 28 by QPRCambs

Clive has summarised the events pretty well really. The relevant bloke seemed to be very anxious to pick a fight with someone, standing to goad the home support as soon as he arrived in the ground and thereafter at every opportunity he could, punctuated by numerous trips downstairs to either top up or relieve himself. His barely-provoked attack on the poor chap behind him was completely over the top and very frightening.

The atmosphere at football matches is getting increasingly bizarre, especially in the Premier League. I've always wondered why some people arrive moments before kick-off, spend more time looking at other (usually home) fans than the pitch, make one or two trips out during the game, then leave several minutes before half time - and repeat all the same in the second half. And then, no doubt, feel empowered to let rip on the social media with critical analysis of a game they've barely seen :-)

At 38 mins yesterday there was an exit of 'fire drill' proportions in both the home and away sections. One can only assume it is the need to get an early place in the queue for the bar or the too-few toilet cubicles. Apropos the latter, a sight that will haunt me for a long time was using the urinals at Wembley at half time next to two idiots each with their dicks in one hand and a coke-laden credit card in the other...

The standing/sitting/singing argument will rage on for ever. A sub-set of this is 'do the fans lift the team, or does the team lift the fans?' I believe the fans arrive and start the game in an boisterous mood but the sad fact is that in numerous away games in the last few seasons the team's performance is morale-sapping and often soporific, causing the noise and exuberance to leach away pretty quickly. Also, to be honest, I thought yesterday's game was absorbing rather than exciting, at least until Charlie's magnificent goal. Sadly, any momentum in the stands created by that was cancelled out by the nature of their winner.

If it wasn't for the craic with the crew before and after the game, I doubt that I would attend away games, certainly in the Premier League where you are treated generally pretty poorly by the host club and its stewards and have to endure the increasingly bizarre antics of fellow supporters, yesterday's example of which would put a lot of people off. But, when I do go, I prefer to sit unless and until events on the pitch lift me from my seat. I do, though, understand the views of those who want to stand. But, this is never going to be resolved in all seated stadia, if only because those who only go because they can sit (e.g. the old, infirm, those with kids, etc) should reasonably expect to be able to sit.

Well the trips out during the game and exoduses tend to be top up on bravery powder & liquid don't they.
Login to get fewer ads

Usual punch between fans on 18:18 - Sep 28 with 2460 viewsDWQPR

Usual punch between fans on 15:03 - Sep 28 by Rblock_James

If the majority want to sit down then fine, but can we all finally admit that our away support is fcking shite and no more Fulham piss taking.

Those who want to sit are so bloody lucky you support QPR.

90% of clubs stand away from home. Fact.

Sitting down kills the atmosphere, it's not even up for debate.

And if you can't grip that idea then you never will.

No, let's get this right, it is morons like you who are the type that will pick on other supporters like that Dad and his lad. I was four or five rows in front of this yesterday and as a father of a five year old boy who attends home games and no doubt will want to in the next few years attend away games it was heart wrenching to see this lad inconsolable. His Dad was in a no win situation, no doubt he would have liked to lay the Knut out who had a go at him, but for obvious reasons his hands were tied, effectively humiliated in front of his son. Standing is outlawed at football matches now because of the problems caused and the dangers. I used to stand in the 70's and 80's and glad I don't now and as far as saying that sitting kills atmospheres where is the evidence? I have followed Rangers home and away for many a year and for me atmospheres are no better or no worse. In fact the last time I saw QPR at a game where we stood was at Peterborough and quite frankly the atmosphere was no different.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Usual punch between fans on 21:23 - Sep 28 with 2213 viewsRblockPrior

I honestly don't know what has happened to our fans in the last year or two we have been so poor, we are silent for majority of the game and when some of us try to get a bit of noise going most fans just sit there as if they are either embarrassed to sing or just too good to sing. On the subject of standing it totally amazes me how so many of our fans would prefer to sit away, it's totally upto them but just shows how poor our fans have become. No doubt about it we have the quietest fans in the league and are pretty embarrasing in respect to getting ourselves heard

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Usual punch between fans on 21:26 - Sep 28 with 2193 viewsloftboy

Usual punch between fans on 21:23 - Sep 28 by RblockPrior

I honestly don't know what has happened to our fans in the last year or two we have been so poor, we are silent for majority of the game and when some of us try to get a bit of noise going most fans just sit there as if they are either embarrassed to sing or just too good to sing. On the subject of standing it totally amazes me how so many of our fans would prefer to sit away, it's totally upto them but just shows how poor our fans have become. No doubt about it we have the quietest fans in the league and are pretty embarrasing in respect to getting ourselves heard

Define "poor" are you saying some fans are more fans than other fans? Just wondering like because 30+ years of travelling up and down the country I'm beginning to worry I'm not good enough anymore!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Usual punch between fans on 21:41 - Sep 28 with 2145 viewsRblockPrior

Usual punch between fans on 21:26 - Sep 28 by loftboy

Define "poor" are you saying some fans are more fans than other fans? Just wondering like because 30+ years of travelling up and down the country I'm beginning to worry I'm not good enough anymore!

It all depends on what people believe going to support your team means, some believe just turning up sitting there quiet is still supporting the team as your are still there others feel that supporting your team is getting behind the team being vocal trying to raise moral singing club songs etc others believe intimidating the other sides team/fans with songs verbal abuse etc. This is my opinion btw but I believe as amazing as it is turning up to an away match you must still make yourself heard and cheer on your team as sitting there silent IMO does not help the team at all and your presence isn't felt by the players making the away feeling all that more obvious. It's only my opinion not saying I'm correct and when I say poor I meant we as a group of fans haven't been singing hardly as much as we use to and getting behind the team in general. We have a lot fans who can only moan

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Usual punch between fans on 21:52 - Sep 28 with 2110 viewsloftboy

Usual punch between fans on 21:41 - Sep 28 by RblockPrior

It all depends on what people believe going to support your team means, some believe just turning up sitting there quiet is still supporting the team as your are still there others feel that supporting your team is getting behind the team being vocal trying to raise moral singing club songs etc others believe intimidating the other sides team/fans with songs verbal abuse etc. This is my opinion btw but I believe as amazing as it is turning up to an away match you must still make yourself heard and cheer on your team as sitting there silent IMO does not help the team at all and your presence isn't felt by the players making the away feeling all that more obvious. It's only my opinion not saying I'm correct and when I say poor I meant we as a group of fans haven't been singing hardly as much as we use to and getting behind the team in general. We have a lot fans who can only moan

I don't sit in silence and will join in with some of the songs but any song that is racist, homophobic etc then no I won't join in, I am far from silent as those who sit near me in the west paddock will testify, but I support my team by encouragement and shouting out like most of the people that you accuse of being silent, most of the singers are in their late teens early twenties and they should realise that us middle aged and older fans were supporting our team long before most of you younguns were born, I keep reading the saying " newbies" and that really pisses me off as there's a hell of a lot of faces I recognise at away games who were going in the early 80's, I spoke to a bloke outside the ground yesterday who I travelled to Maine rd with by chance in 1986, hardly spoke to him since but 28 years later we are still going, it's definitely an age thing and I guarantee in 20 -30 years time you will be still attending games but will no longer be bouncing up and down at the back of the stand like a loon! Just remember most of us have been there seen that and worn the T shirt and are just to long in the tooth these days.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2014 21:53]

Usual punch between fans on 22:09 - Sep 28 with 2077 viewsAntti_Heinola

Usual punch between fans on 15:33 - Sep 28 by daveB

easy way around it is to let you pick where you sit which seems incredible that you can't do that and causes these issues every week

how would that work in a sold out section dave?
it'd be utter chaos.

Bare bones.

Usual punch between fans on 22:11 - Sep 28 with 2072 viewsessextaxiboy

This thread is really depressing .
Usual punch between fans on 22:25 - Sep 28 with 2028 viewsQPRCambs

A point well-made to me today was that people will generally join in with songs that 'big up' QPR, but the support for singing starts to melt away once the songs move onto the more dubious territory of singing insults about the opposition. Thankfully, the homophobic and racist stuff gets very little support and never gets going.

I personally have difficulty with songs that simply try to insult the other fans without any subtlety whatsoever e.g 'your support is ****ing ****' or 'interbred...northern scum' (it should actually be 'inbred' for the insult to be effective but hey ho..) or even '[placename] is a ****hole, I wanna go home', the latter begging the response 'you seem to be losing, why don't you then?' All these straightforward attempts to insult appear very lame and are made no less so by QPR's appalling away record. And that, IMHO, is why many of the away fans present don't join in.
Usual punch between fans on 22:39 - Sep 28 with 1989 viewsRblock_James

Usual punch between fans on 18:18 - Sep 28 by DWQPR

No, let's get this right, it is morons like you who are the type that will pick on other supporters like that Dad and his lad. I was four or five rows in front of this yesterday and as a father of a five year old boy who attends home games and no doubt will want to in the next few years attend away games it was heart wrenching to see this lad inconsolable. His Dad was in a no win situation, no doubt he would have liked to lay the Knut out who had a go at him, but for obvious reasons his hands were tied, effectively humiliated in front of his son. Standing is outlawed at football matches now because of the problems caused and the dangers. I used to stand in the 70's and 80's and glad I don't now and as far as saying that sitting kills atmospheres where is the evidence? I have followed Rangers home and away for many a year and for me atmospheres are no better or no worse. In fact the last time I saw QPR at a game where we stood was at Peterborough and quite frankly the atmosphere was no different.

Yeah, that's right.

I'm automatically a moron that picks on other fans just because I want to stand up at a football match

We're not all coked up idiots just because we prefer to stand.

That's the trouble with the 'sit down brigade' you all think we're hooligans for wanting to get behind the lads in a more boisterous way.

Those who sit are making following Rangers one of the most dullest experiences going.
Usual punch between fans on 23:04 - Sep 28 with 1928 viewsdaveB

Usual punch between fans on 22:09 - Sep 28 by Antti_Heinola

how would that work in a sold out section dave?
it'd be utter chaos.

when you buy tickets you get to pick your seat same as you do for home games so if you want to sit at the back you can, or the front or anywhere. Shoudn't be chaos at all just needs the online box office software being updated
Usual punch between fans on 23:05 - Sep 28 with 1922 viewsloftboy

Usual punch between fans on 22:39 - Sep 28 by Rblock_James

Yeah, that's right.

I'm automatically a moron that picks on other fans just because I want to stand up at a football match

That's the trouble with the 'sit down brigade' you all think we're hooligans for wanting to get behind the lads in a more boisterous way.

Those who sit are making following Rangers one of the most dullest experiences going.

The clue is printed on your ticket, it says seat

Usual punch between fans on 23:08 - Sep 28 with 1912 viewsdaveB

Usual punch between fans on 22:39 - Sep 28 by Rblock_James

Yeah, that's right.

perhaps us in the sit down brigade should all stop going then you just have the stand up real fans in the away end, you'll have plenty of space as well.

everyone likes to watch football differently, some want to shout and sing, some like to watch the game others join in when they feel like it, some sit and moan the entire game and others want to scream abuse at the opposition fans. I'm not sure why people can't respect that and have to kick up a fuss that people want to do things differently.
Usual punch between fans on 23:26 - Sep 28 with 1871 viewsLoftusRdW12

Usual punch between fans on 22:11 - Sep 28 by essextaxiboy

This thread is really depressing .

This is actually the best thread I've read on here for a long time.

Not the usual clash of opinions and fantasy.

A proper discussion about real problems at our club.

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Usual punch between fans on 23:43 - Sep 28 with 1844 viewsPommyhoop

Usual punch between fans on 23:26 - Sep 28 by LoftusRdW12

Nice avatar Loftus.
Where is it? And did you do it?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Usual punch between fans on 23:53 - Sep 28 with 1819 viewsBrightonhoop

If it doesn't happen instinctively it aint going to happen, threatening grandads and upsetting children aint going to make it happen even less.

How about a few round of Jose Mourhino is gay....that's sure to stir the loins of any supporter, jesus wept.
Usual punch between fans on 23:55 - Sep 28 with 1815 viewsOakR

Usual punch between fans on 23:26 - Sep 28 by LoftusRdW12

I know what you mean, but what occurred is genuinely depressing.

What would be great is if someone from the club (I assume these forums are read) managed to find the father son and invite them to some sort of VIP day, maybe meet the players before the game to get the son back on a positive note.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Usual punch between fans on 23:58 - Sep 28 with 1807 viewsBrightonhoop

Usual punch between fans on 23:55 - Sep 28 by OakR

I know what you mean, but what occurred is genuinely depressing.

What would be great is if someone from the club (I assume these forums are read) managed to find the father son and invite them to some sort of VIP day, maybe meet the players before the game to get the son back on a positive note.

Abso farking lutely. Time the Club kicked these clunges into the long grass.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024