Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When/where are our next points coming? 16:56 - Sep 28 with 2477 viewsQPR_ARG

I'm having a look at our next fixtures and I wish I hadn't done that on a rainy Sunday because it really makes for a depressive exercise!

When/where are our next points or is our next point coming?

West Ham away. Key word being: away. We're second favourites there. West Ham have been playing very well lately.

Liverpool at home. I just don't see it happening for us.

Aston Villa at home. It could be this one. At the moment, I'm not confident against NO team. And that's regardless of where the match is played.

Chelsea away. Oh dear...

Man City at home. We better beat Aston Villa, I'm telling ya.

Newcastle away. Hopefully a run of I-don't-know-how-many-games-without-winning will see us get there with a new manager in place. Hopefully it happens before. So we get those "bonus" games v. Chelsea and Man City as testing ground and experiments for our new manager.

And so we give ourselves a better shot at the few games that come right after those:

Leicester (H)
Swansea (A)
Burnley (H)
Everton (A)
West Brom (H)

Before the Boxing Day trip to the Emirates.

If Harry is still our manager...then I really don't like our chances. But looking on the bright side of things, at least Harry is getting me ready in September for when relegation comes in March and it won't hurt that much.
When/where are our next points coming? on 17:32 - Sep 29 with 562 viewsHunterhoop

When/where are our next points coming? on 16:50 - Sep 29 by daveB

It might do any change might have a positive effect could also have a negative one as well. I always think the best time to change managers is the summer or if you do it during the season do it after 10 games when you have enough games left to make something of the season and have given the current one a decent crack at the season.

We're certainly coming towards the point of change again, I thought at the start of the season that Redknapp would be gone by the end of November, I still think thats pretty likely but genuinely don't think it will make that much difference this season. Hope I'm wrong though
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 16:53]

Well, exactly. You said a new manager won't make winning easier. I am saying it might!

Even if we call it 50/50 we get better/worse, surely that is worth going for when offered continuing to play as we are and get the results we are, because that is probably an 80/20 relegation/survival chance.

It might not work, but equally it might. So let's take the risk. Or we just carry on as we are with survival getting more distant each week. A logical, rational person would make a change in two or three games if we haven't improved.

There is the whole other piece to this as well, which is Redknapp is 67, clearly not particularly motivated or passionate about the club and the club itself has lost it's identity. Forget about survival and relegation, I want the club to get it's identity back. That's what I want to change. I don't think it can or will happen under HR. There are a lot of other managers out there who I think it could happen under. So again, make that change. It might not work, but equally it might. Better to try than continue down a path which clearly isn't taking us where we want to be.
When/where are our next points coming? on 17:34 - Sep 29 with 566 viewsPinnerPaul

I still look at this way - we need 9 more wins, 9 more draws and can afford to lose only 14 more to get to 40 pts
When/where are our next points coming? on 17:56 - Sep 29 with 544 viewsterryb

When/where are our next points coming? on 15:33 - Sep 29 by robith

Liverpool are there for the taking at the moment, but undoubtedly we'll have a week of TRIFFIC CLUB BARE BONES ME OLD MUCKER before presenting our footballing starfish before the assembled sky cameras for good hard thumping

Almost certainly the game that Sturridge makes his re-appearance!
When/where are our next points coming? on 18:02 - Sep 29 with 538 viewsterryb

The next point could be at Spam but the next win?

Probably when we start trying to win a game instead of trying to avoid defeat. Who knows when that will be!
When/where are our next points coming? on 18:18 - Sep 29 with 527 viewsDiscodroids

When/where are our next points coming? on 16:39 - Sep 29 by jamois

I think ETB had us on 18pts by the time we play Burnley at home in December. That included a point from Southampton.

18 pts!!!!, , well allow me to continue the spirit of unbridled insane optimism... i'll have to dig out my mail order sweedish penile love pump out of the dusty cardboard box and see if i can ratchet up a few more centimeters..

P.M.A !.

18pts.....
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 18:18]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

When/where are our next points coming? on 20:30 - Sep 29 with 508 viewsdaveB

When/where are our next points coming? on 17:32 - Sep 29 by Hunterhoop

Well, exactly. You said a new manager won't make winning easier. I am saying it might!

Even if we call it 50/50 we get better/worse, surely that is worth going for when offered continuing to play as we are and get the results we are, because that is probably an 80/20 relegation/survival chance.

It might not work, but equally it might. So let's take the risk. Or we just carry on as we are with survival getting more distant each week. A logical, rational person would make a change in two or three games if we haven't improved.

There is the whole other piece to this as well, which is Redknapp is 67, clearly not particularly motivated or passionate about the club and the club itself has lost it's identity. Forget about survival and relegation, I want the club to get it's identity back. That's what I want to change. I don't think it can or will happen under HR. There are a lot of other managers out there who I think it could happen under. So again, make that change. It might not work, but equally it might. Better to try than continue down a path which clearly isn't taking us where we want to be.

I just don't think change is always the answer, was the same under Hughes we had redknapp waiting in the wings as our saviour, this time it's Pullis or Moyes. I love the idea of regaining our identity and going for an eddie howe type but that won't happen. It will be the latest big names who might turn it round he might not. Will need another new team int he next transfer window and so we go on. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

I always think the time for a manager to go is when the players stop playing for him and I'm not seeing that at the moment, they are fighting to the last, most of our problems appear more to do with ability than desire and effort.

Time is certainly running out for Redknapp imo, he's lost a lot of the crowd judging by what i hear at games and read on here and if results don't improve people will get their wish. I just hope we get it right next time.
When/where are our next points coming? on 22:15 - Sep 29 with 477 viewsHunterhoop

When/where are our next points coming? on 20:30 - Sep 29 by daveB

I just don't think change is always the answer, was the same under Hughes we had redknapp waiting in the wings as our saviour, this time it's Pullis or Moyes. I love the idea of regaining our identity and going for an eddie howe type but that won't happen. It will be the latest big names who might turn it round he might not. Will need another new team int he next transfer window and so we go on. Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

I always think the time for a manager to go is when the players stop playing for him and I'm not seeing that at the moment, they are fighting to the last, most of our problems appear more to do with ability than desire and effort.

Time is certainly running out for Redknapp imo, he's lost a lot of the crowd judging by what i hear at games and read on here and if results don't improve people will get their wish. I just hope we get it right next time.

That's fair enough. I agree, I don't think he's lost the squad yet in the way Hughes did.

But I just think the writings on the wall, so think we should move quickly rather than waste games.

Hopefully, that's not the case and HR keeps us up AND we then part ways mutually. And then we bring in someone to build the club up again, with a long term strategy.

I just don't think we'll stay up though carrying on as we are. I think our squad is good enough but I think our manager and coaches are hindering rather than helping them. We're playing the wrong system, wrong personnel and we don't appear to have a style of play. The players, as a result, aren't confident and aren't sure what they and their colleagues are meant to do at certain moments in the game.

Worst of all the manager won't take ANY responsibility for failure. A lack of personal responsibility from the boss can very easily filter through the team and when a team is full of people not taking personal responsibility, you have BIG problems. A half decent manager would be fostering a culture where everyone took personal responsibility. Redknapp clearly isn't because you can't if you don't!
When/where are our next points coming? on 22:24 - Sep 29 with 475 viewsdaveB

I just don't see Fernandes sacking Redknapp yet, we'd have to get to november and be cut adrift before he does anything. He's going to give him time to sort this out, we'll have to see if thats right or wrong. I think yourself and others make some very good points about where Redknapp is weak and I do agree with them but I just don't see Fernandes acting yet. West Ham this Sunday and the Vila home game next month look like key games to me, fail to get points in those and he's had it.
Login to get fewer ads

When/where are our next points coming? on 22:32 - Sep 29 with 469 viewsRuislipHoop

When/where are our next points coming? on 22:24 - Sep 29 by daveB

I just don't see Fernandes sacking Redknapp yet, we'd have to get to november and be cut adrift before he does anything. He's going to give him time to sort this out, we'll have to see if thats right or wrong. I think yourself and others make some very good points about where Redknapp is weak and I do agree with them but I just don't see Fernandes acting yet. West Ham this Sunday and the Vila home game next month look like key games to me, fail to get points in those and he's had it.

I don't think TF will sack HR, listening to him.
TF keeps telling us that there are so many positives each time we lose,be patient he says,blah blah blah.TF doesnt give a toss,this club is just a high profile front for him.
Wot Exactly does PB do ????.
Sod it, IVe had enough, 46 years I have supported this club and I have never felt so disillusioned.
Rant over.
When/where are our next points coming? on 22:37 - Sep 29 with 453 viewsHunterhoop

When/where are our next points coming? on 22:24 - Sep 29 by daveB

I don't think TF will sack him either. Not until late Nov at best. But I think he should in 3 games if there's been no improvement.

I think not acting will be bad for TF in the short, medium and long term.
When/where are our next points coming? on 16:43 - Oct 6 with 389 viewsQPR_ARG

OK. One game gone.

Time to ask the same question again:

When/where are our next points or is our next point coming?

West Ham away. Key word being: away. We're second favourites there. West Ham have been playing very well lately. - NAILED. But it was obvious.

Let's see the rest of the road to the Championship (if we insist with Harry getting a ton of money to get a Premier League record of 5 wins, 10 draws and 18 defeats).

-----------------------------------
Liverpool at home. I just don't see it happening for us.

Aston Villa at home. It could be this one. At the moment, I'm not confident against NO team. And that's regardless of where the match is played.

Chelsea away. Oh dear...

Man City at home. We better beat Aston Villa, I'm telling ya.

Newcastle away. Hopefully a run of I-don't-know-how-many-games-without-winning will see us get there with a new manager in place. Hopefully it happens before. So we get those "bonus" games v. Chelsea and Man City as testing ground and experiments for our new manager.

And so we give ourselves a better shot at the few games that come right after those:

Leicester (H)
Swansea (A)
Burnley (H)
Everton (A)
West Brom (H)

Before the Boxing Day trip to the Emirates.

If Harry is still our manager...then I really don't like our chances. But looking on the bright side of things, at least Harry is getting me ready in September for when relegation comes in March and it won't hurt that much.
When/where are our next points coming? on 18:07 - Oct 6 with 352 viewskropotkin41

Pundits are saying that we'll be lucky to accumulate the 25pts this season that we got last time we were relegated. If we play like we did against West Ham for very many more games I'm not sure we'll reach double figures.

Some people are still saying that our home games have been different, but we've so far played Hull, Sunderland and Stoke at home and lost to the strongest of those. Hughes' Stoke don't look great this season, and Sunderland had a slow start (but look good now if you ask me).

If we get any more points something will have changed or we'll come up against a team that has a really bad day at the office. I bought myself and my son memberships this season (I know very many have invested a whole lot more), but at the moment I wish I hadn't; I had plans to get down to Swansea in December but don't want to, don't see the point; cant't see myself coming to London at all. What is the point at the moment?

Unless Fernandes does something to change what's happening I reckon we'll get relegated with under 20pts and LR will be all but empty by Christmas.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

When/where are our next points coming? on 15:41 - Oct 20 with 273 viewsQPR_ARG

*BUMP*

It's something against Villa (I'm sorry, I don't feel it) or same points until late November.

But some people are happy...
When/where are our next points coming? on 15:49 - Oct 20 with 264 viewsJamie

When/where are our next points coming? on 15:41 - Oct 20 by QPR_ARG

*BUMP*

It's something against Villa (I'm sorry, I don't feel it) or same points until late November.

But some people are happy...

Alternately they aren't happy that we are going down again, but would rather we show some fight like yesterday than go down with a whimper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024