Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton - possible Spackman? 20:56 - Sep 28 with 3396 viewsYorkRanger

Is it true he was at the Merseyside derby rather than at St Mary's. What is going on?
Barton - possible Spackman? on 11:12 - Sep 29 with 911 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barton - possible Spackman? on 10:07 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Brian, I agree with 99% of what you say. You speak more sense than probably anyone else on here.
But this is absolute nonsense.
Pretty sure Rufus Brevett and Andy Impey both came to watch us when injured while at other clubs.
As I said, players and managers don't want injured players around on matchday. What does he do? Go down in the coach with the team? Why? What does he do when he gets there? Hang about in the dressing room? It's packed enough as it is? Is he supposed to drive himself down there?
He went to another match, which was on at a different time, to take his young son to a Merseyside derby, showing him part of his background.
If we are getting upset about this something it seriously, seriously wrong.

Fair enough, Antti, and I'm not getting upset about it, genuinely.

I don't demand injured players be obliged to travel to away games. I just think that they should be aware that all acts of unity are welcome. Had Barton travelled to the game, with the team or separately, it would have impressed the fans and, more importantly, it would have given a signal to his team mates that they genuinely are all in this together.

I wouldn't view going to another game instead as a disciplinary matter but I do view it as disappointing. In my club, injured players travel with the team voluntarily, and pay their own travel expenses doing so. I accept completely that I'm talking about a different sport and a different level entirely, but human beings are the same in any walk of life and respond to gestures. Such an act is a welcome sign of unity, great for morale, and is greatly appreciated. Morale and unity are linked inextricably to results, as we saw so clearly towards the end of last season.

Pitching up at another game on the same day instead of being with your team and/or club is precisely the sort of mixed message that Barton should be wise enough to avoid, and one that is unwelcome and unhelpful.

I can completely see how you and others view it differently, though. Just stating my view on it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barton - possible Spackman? on 11:13 - Sep 29 with 911 viewsadhoc_qpr

Meh, i'd rather he was at the game but if players not involved in the matchday squad don't travel as standard, then i don't really care where he was instead.
Barton - possible Spackman? on 11:23 - Sep 29 with 883 viewssimmo

Isn't he the captain now? How is the captain not there with the team, in the dressing room, etc? Poor decision from barton but I wouldnt expect anything different from him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Barton - possible Spackman? on 12:13 - Sep 29 with 850 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barton - possible Spackman? on 11:12 - Sep 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair enough, Antti, and I'm not getting upset about it, genuinely.

I don't demand injured players be obliged to travel to away games. I just think that they should be aware that all acts of unity are welcome. Had Barton travelled to the game, with the team or separately, it would have impressed the fans and, more importantly, it would have given a signal to his team mates that they genuinely are all in this together.

I wouldn't view going to another game instead as a disciplinary matter but I do view it as disappointing. In my club, injured players travel with the team voluntarily, and pay their own travel expenses doing so. I accept completely that I'm talking about a different sport and a different level entirely, but human beings are the same in any walk of life and respond to gestures. Such an act is a welcome sign of unity, great for morale, and is greatly appreciated. Morale and unity are linked inextricably to results, as we saw so clearly towards the end of last season.

Pitching up at another game on the same day instead of being with your team and/or club is precisely the sort of mixed message that Barton should be wise enough to avoid, and one that is unwelcome and unhelpful.

I can completely see how you and others view it differently, though. Just stating my view on it.

Fair do's.
As I said, though, although many people keep ignoring it, players and managers do not generally want injured players cluttering things up at away games. Home games, it's easier - they have places to go, can be with family, have places to sit etc.
At away games it's a different story. All this show of unity stuff rings a bit hollow to me. Once you're at a game i can't honestly see any player going 'hey, where's that injured player gone? he should be in here, geeing me up'. If that does happen, there will be an equal number of players thinking, 'what's this bloke doing here getting in my face. He's injured, why can't he f off?'

Bare bones.

Barton - possible Spackman? on 14:03 - Sep 29 with 811 viewsPinnerPaul

Can't believe that at every premier league game there are 7 squad players in attendance from each team sitting "behind"the manager - utter nonsense non story
Barton - possible Spackman? on 14:08 - Sep 29 with 804 viewsYorkRanger

Barton - possible Spackman? on 14:03 - Sep 29 by PinnerPaul

Can't believe that at every premier league game there are 7 squad players in attendance from each team sitting "behind"the manager - utter nonsense non story

I don't think its a non story. Should every injured player attend a game to support the team? - argue the merits of that one as you see fit.

Should the captain of a team, travel with said team to provide leadership and support in the quest for a victory - my view is absolutely he should.

Clearly if the captain is injured and laid up, then different ball game. On Saturday as he was well enough to travel to Anfield, he should have been well enough to travel to St Marys.

IMHO
Barton - possible Spackman? on 14:20 - Sep 29 with 788 viewsloftboy

He was at the NFL yesterday as well, maybe he shouldn't have gone there either, total non story imho

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Barton - possible Spackman? on 14:37 - Sep 29 with 768 viewsYorkRanger

Barton - possible Spackman? on 14:20 - Sep 29 by loftboy

He was at the NFL yesterday as well, maybe he shouldn't have gone there either, total non story imho

No you're right Loftboy, in fact he shouldn't leave the house anymore until he is fit enough to play.
Login to get fewer ads

Barton - possible Spackman? on 19:16 - Sep 29 with 701 viewsFredManRave

What would help the argument either way would be if we knew whether he was told to stay away or whether he was given the option to go to our game. If he was told to stay away as some would have us believe then obviously it would be a non story. However, if he was given the option to go with the team down to Southampton and yet he chose Anfield then I'd agree with Brians stance, although that would mean disagreeing with Antti which would normally mean you were wrong. Damn.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Barton - possible Spackman? on 19:55 - Sep 29 with 681 viewsAndyB

Bloody hell - two pages????
Barton - possible Spackman? on 20:08 - Sep 29 with 673 viewssix_foot_two

Barton - possible Spackman? on 19:55 - Sep 29 by AndyB

Yes unbelievable, at the moment as soon as an opportunity arises to slag off something to do with the club there's a feeding frenzy of anger and hate. Its becoming very depressing.
Barton - possible Spackman? on 20:11 - Sep 29 with 672 viewsactonman

Barton - possible Spackman? on 19:55 - Sep 29 by AndyB

Can't remember the last time I had a day off from work but thought fcuk it ! I will go in anyway just to give my workmates a bit of moral support
Barton - possible Spackman? on 20:26 - Sep 29 with 664 viewsWestonsuperR

No point insisting every injured player attend every match, I am certain I would have taken my son to a QPR match if I was in Joey's position. Maybe that would be dis-loyal to the club I played for, maybe that shows a lack of commitment but it is what I would do I am certain.

I don't think Joey is nearly as committed or concerned about QPR as he suggests he is in the media but this season and last he has appeared to give it 100% on the pitch which is what matters to me.
Barton - possible Spackman? on 20:48 - Sep 29 with 647 viewsMatch82

Barton - possible Spackman? on 10:51 - Sep 29 by SpiritofGregory

Let's face it Barton is on too much money. I reckon not one Southampton player earns more than Barton. We need to stop signing over rated players with large egos. What is it with us if Barton isn't sounding off on Twitter Ferdinand is. Even our manager can't resist a chance to talk to the media about an ex player or ex club, even the chairman is at it. I don't see this type of nonsense happening at other clubs.

Congratulations, you win most irrelevant post. Again.

I'm curious, because I don't think you've told us yet, what do you think about the idea of Tony stepping down and Amit taking over? Feel free to post your answer repeatedly on multiple threads.
Barton - possible Spackman? on 20:55 - Sep 29 with 633 viewsYorkRanger

Barton - possible Spackman? on 20:48 - Sep 29 by Match82

Congratulations, you win most irrelevant post. Again.

I'm curious, because I don't think you've told us yet, what do you think about the idea of Tony stepping down and Amit taking over? Feel free to post your answer repeatedly on multiple threads.

Barton - possible Spackman? on 20:57 - Sep 29 with 618 viewsYorkRanger

Barton - possible Spackman? on 20:08 - Sep 29 by six_foot_two

Yes unbelievable, at the moment as soon as an opportunity arises to slag off something to do with the club there's a feeding frenzy of anger and hate. Its becoming very depressing.

Actually some interesting views on here. Not much anger or hatred just some rational observations.

Shocking that
Barton - possible Spackman? on 11:50 - Sep 30 with 527 viewsPinnerPaul

Barton - possible Spackman? on 20:08 - Sep 29 by six_foot_two

Indeed
Barton - possible Spackman? on 12:13 - Sep 30 with 510 viewsQPunkR

Barton - possible Spackman? on 14:37 - Sep 29 by YorkRanger

No you're right Loftboy, in fact he shouldn't leave the house anymore until he is fit enough to play.

How about he just doesn't leave his house full-stop.

I'm quite quite happy for him to be as far away from the team as possible, and that extends to when he's fit - especially for when he's fit.

QPR - "shit but local"

Barton - possible Spackman? on 13:21 - Sep 30 with 485 viewsYorkRanger

Barton - possible Spackman? on 12:13 - Sep 30 by QPunkR

How about he just doesn't leave his house full-stop.

I'm quite quite happy for him to be as far away from the team as possible, and that extends to when he's fit - especially for when he's fit.

my word
Barton - possible Spackman? on 13:23 - Sep 30 with 483 viewsQPunkR

Barton - possible Spackman? on 13:21 - Sep 30 by YorkRanger

my word

QPR - "shit but local"

Barton - possible Spackman? on 13:37 - Sep 30 with 470 viewsR_from_afar

Due to his contribution on the pitch? His reputation?

I don't like him as a person and wanted him gone after the Man City incidents but I have to admit, he played a big role in getting us promoted.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Barton - possible Spackman? on 15:15 - Sep 30 with 435 viewsQPunkR

Barton - possible Spackman? on 13:37 - Sep 30 by R_from_afar

Due to his contribution on the pitch? His reputation?

I don't like him as a person and wanted him gone after the Man City incidents but I have to admit, he played a big role in getting us promoted.

RFA

I wouldn't say a big role. He was indeed part of it though, more's the pity.

QPR - "shit but local"

Barton - possible Spackman? on 16:29 - Sep 30 with 421 viewsJigsore

Barton - possible Spackman? on 21:56 - Sep 28 by essextaxiboy

Lee Cook used to sit in the Loft when he was out injured at Charlton .

of course he did, Lee Cook was an actual fan of the club as well as an employee

honestly what next? all aboard the Bobby Zamora hate train, I heard he doesn't even have a QPR duvet cover

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024