Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton - possible Spackman? 20:56 - Sep 28 with 3430 viewsYorkRanger

Is it true he was at the Merseyside derby rather than at St Mary's. What is going on?
Barton - possible Spackman? on 21:08 - Sep 28 with 2486 viewsGloryHunter

What does it say in his contract? Is a player obliged to attend games if he's out injured?
Barton - possible Spackman? on 21:17 - Sep 28 with 2443 viewsloftboy

Very rarely do injured players go to away games, Everton is his boyhood team and he took his son to his first Merseyside derby, would have thought he got permission from HR, can't see what the problem is IMHO

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Barton - possible Spackman? on 21:38 - Sep 28 with 2378 viewsCanadaRanger

Scouting for the Liverpool game too... Useful to see who he's up against...
Barton - possible Spackman? on 21:39 - Sep 28 with 2372 viewsYorkRanger

Barton - possible Spackman? on 21:17 - Sep 28 by loftboy

Very rarely do injured players go to away games, Everton is his boyhood team and he took his son to his first Merseyside derby, would have thought he got permission from HR, can't see what the problem is IMHO

Normally you see players fulfilling other commitments or attending other games when it doesn't clash with their own team. Struck me as odd and I would have thought the team captain would be supporting from the side, home or away...
Barton - possible Spackman? on 21:40 - Sep 28 with 2368 viewsNorthernr

#WeRTogether
Barton - possible Spackman? on 21:56 - Sep 28 with 2306 viewsessextaxiboy

Lee Cook used to sit in the Loft when he was out injured at Charlton .
Barton - possible Spackman? on 22:04 - Sep 28 with 2268 viewsAntti_Heinola

apart from very rare players like Cookie or Birch, injured players rarely go to games - especially away games. Non-injured players don't really want them there either.

I'm no fan of Barton, but this is a non-story.

Bare bones.

Barton - possible Spackman? on 23:07 - Sep 28 with 2103 viewsHunterhoop

Barton - possible Spackman? on 22:04 - Sep 28 by Antti_Heinola

apart from very rare players like Cookie or Birch, injured players rarely go to games - especially away games. Non-injured players don't really want them there either.

I'm no fan of Barton, but this is a non-story.

I think it's a bit of a non story but also think it gives a small glimmer of evidence that Barton doesn't quite care about QPR as much as we'd like. Not saying he was wrong to go! Not at all. I'd have done the same thing in his shoes if it was QPR, but if he really really cared, and felt a responsibility for us, he have been there with his team.

It's also interesting from a different angle, that he wants his kid to support Everton. Again, nowt wrong with that, but worth noting very soon after we signed Dunne, us ASB lot saw him with his wife and kids in Richmond Park, and both his kids were in QPR kits. That was, I think, before he's even had his debut.
Login to get fewer ads

Barton - possible Spackman? on 00:03 - Sep 29 with 2004 viewsPunteR

Barton - possible Spackman? on 23:07 - Sep 28 by Hunterhoop

I think it's a bit of a non story but also think it gives a small glimmer of evidence that Barton doesn't quite care about QPR as much as we'd like. Not saying he was wrong to go! Not at all. I'd have done the same thing in his shoes if it was QPR, but if he really really cared, and felt a responsibility for us, he have been there with his team.

It's also interesting from a different angle, that he wants his kid to support Everton. Again, nowt wrong with that, but worth noting very soon after we signed Dunne, us ASB lot saw him with his wife and kids in Richmond Park, and both his kids were in QPR kits. That was, I think, before he's even had his debut.

Get Dunne back,I'd rather him then Ferdinand.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Barton - possible Spackman? on 00:03 - Sep 29 with 2004 viewsBrightonhoop

He does so much behind the scenes, often unseen, wtf do some still want to dig him out?
He posted it on Twitter yesterday, a pic of his boy outside Anfield, so highly unlikely to have pulled a sick note with H, and no doubt there with the Clubs blessing.
Barton - possible Spackman? on 01:04 - Sep 29 with 1965 viewsQPR_ARG

Imagine if Taarabt had gone to watch another match instead of traveling with the team...

But it's OK. It's Joey. He's our captain, leader and QPR legend. And he'd do everything for QPR. He has done a lot for QPR!

He deserves the standing ovations he gets and he is entitled to take every single one of our set-piece.

The rest should learn from his examples!
Barton - possible Spackman? on 06:00 - Sep 29 with 1873 viewsLblock

When we had our very decent amateur side many of our lads would come to games even when they were injured
We were (and still are) all mates and I've never known spirit like it
Many a better side were undone by our camaraderie combined with decent ability

I'd not have a problem with Bartons attendance at another game IF we weren't playing but as we were I find it a tad crass our captain was lending his support elsewhere

#weRonlyherefortgewages

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Barton - possible Spackman? on 08:13 - Sep 29 with 1729 viewsdolcelatte

Barton - possible Spackman? on 01:04 - Sep 29 by QPR_ARG

Imagine if Taarabt had gone to watch another match instead of traveling with the team...

But it's OK. It's Joey. He's our captain, leader and QPR legend. And he'd do everything for QPR. He has done a lot for QPR!

He deserves the standing ovations he gets and he is entitled to take every single one of our set-piece.

The rest should learn from his examples!

What the same Tarrabt who gets the bus home in a strop?
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 8:13]

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Barton - possible Spackman? on 08:23 - Sep 29 with 1696 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm not saying this just because it's Barton but how any of us can think that it's ok to be watching another team while your team and team-mates are scrapping it out elsewhere is beyond me. Clearly ok if the game was on another day but to choose one game over another is to choose leisure over loyalty, and that is unacceptable.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barton - possible Spackman? on 08:29 - Sep 29 with 1673 viewsWokingR

Barton - possible Spackman? on 08:23 - Sep 29 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm not saying this just because it's Barton but how any of us can think that it's ok to be watching another team while your team and team-mates are scrapping it out elsewhere is beyond me. Clearly ok if the game was on another day but to choose one game over another is to choose leisure over loyalty, and that is unacceptable.

Except in this case he appears to have put his son first which you can't really question.
Family should always come first and I would question how many on here, who appear so quick to jump on an opportunity to slate him, wouldn't actually have done the same
Barton - possible Spackman? on 08:31 - Sep 29 with 1667 viewsRANGERS4EVER

To be honest if I was an injured player playing for a team like Aston Villa and had the chance to watch QPR play away at Chelsea over Aston Villa playing away at Southampton i know which one i would choose

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Barton - possible Spackman? on 08:37 - Sep 29 with 1654 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barton - possible Spackman? on 08:29 - Sep 29 by WokingR

Except in this case he appears to have put his son first which you can't really question.
Family should always come first and I would question how many on here, who appear so quick to jump on an opportunity to slate him, wouldn't actually have done the same

Woking, it's not as if he brought his son to the doctor! He just took him to a game, and Lord knows there's plenty other days in the week when there are games on rather than swanning off when his team-mates are trying to work together.

Look, I'm not getting excited about this, just don't think it would or should wash in any unified squad or outfit.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barton - possible Spackman? on 08:44 - Sep 29 with 1637 viewsYorkRanger

Barton - possible Spackman? on 08:29 - Sep 29 by WokingR

I can't agree with this. He is well paid by QPR, has responsibility as team captain and it was a "jolly".

Maybe he has done nothing wrong and maybe players who are injured don't go to away games often. I still think it says quite a lot about priorities and perspective
Barton - possible Spackman? on 09:56 - Sep 29 with 1553 viewspaulparker

the club pay his wages and isn't he vice captain or something ?
he should be there, if it was me id have injured players sweeping the terraces or working in the club shop, he is an employee of club, being injured is no excuse not to be there, Mourinio, Graham, Fergie, Clough, wouldn't have put up with that
its just another example of the care fee attitude that exists at Rangers

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Barton - possible Spackman? on 10:02 - Sep 29 with 1537 viewsDaBurgh

Barton - possible Spackman? on 08:44 - Sep 29 by YorkRanger

I can't agree with this. He is well paid by QPR, has responsibility as team captain and it was a "jolly".

Maybe he has done nothing wrong and maybe players who are injured don't go to away games often. I still think it says quite a lot about priorities and perspective

I think this says more about his priorities and perspective, not to mention loyalty and commitment.

Barton - possible Spackman? on 10:07 - Sep 29 with 1526 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barton - possible Spackman? on 08:23 - Sep 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Brian, I agree with 99% of what you say. You speak more sense than probably anyone else on here.
But this is absolute nonsense.
Pretty sure Rufus Brevett and Andy Impey both came to watch us when injured while at other clubs.
As I said, players and managers don't want injured players around on matchday. What does he do? Go down in the coach with the team? Why? What does he do when he gets there? Hang about in the dressing room? It's packed enough as it is? Is he supposed to drive himself down there?
He went to another match, which was on at a different time, to take his young son to a Merseyside derby, showing him part of his background.
If we are getting upset about this something it seriously, seriously wrong.

Bare bones.

Barton - possible Spackman? on 10:39 - Sep 29 with 1479 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barton - possible Spackman? on 09:56 - Sep 29 by paulparker

the club pay his wages and isn't he vice captain or something ?
he should be there, if it was me id have injured players sweeping the terraces or working in the club shop, he is an employee of club, being injured is no excuse not to be there, Mourinio, Graham, Fergie, Clough, wouldn't have put up with that
its just another example of the care fee attitude that exists at Rangers

I absolutely guarantee you that Mourinho, Graham (how did he get in this list?), Fergie or Clough would not expect injured players to attend away games. In fact, they'd actively tell them to stay away.

Look I dislike Barton and I dislike Redknapp. But this thread is one of the silliest I've read on here since Cesar dressed up like his mate at a party.

Bare bones.

Barton - possible Spackman? on 10:51 - Sep 29 with 1458 viewsSpiritofGregory

Let's face it Barton is on too much money. I reckon not one Southampton player earns more than Barton. We need to stop signing over rated players with large egos. What is it with us if Barton isn't sounding off on Twitter Ferdinand is. Even our manager can't resist a chance to talk to the media about an ex player or ex club, even the chairman is at it. I don't see this type of nonsense happening at other clubs.
Barton - possible Spackman? on 10:54 - Sep 29 with 1455 viewspaulparker

Barton - possible Spackman? on 10:39 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

I absolutely guarantee you that Mourinho, Graham (how did he get in this list?), Fergie or Clough would not expect injured players to attend away games. In fact, they'd actively tell them to stay away.

Look I dislike Barton and I dislike Redknapp. But this thread is one of the silliest I've read on here since Cesar dressed up like his mate at a party.

injured players under Jose sit behind the bench Annti same as when Fergie was Boss at Utd they are in the stand with a club suit on
end of the day Barton is employed by QPR, Saturday is his main "working " day, he should be there , as a vice captain or whatever he could have a valuable role to play in the dressing room at half time or before the game,
band of brothers, we r together, yeah right

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Barton - possible Spackman? on 11:01 - Sep 29 with 1425 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barton - possible Spackman? on 10:54 - Sep 29 by paulparker

injured players under Jose sit behind the bench Annti same as when Fergie was Boss at Utd they are in the stand with a club suit on
end of the day Barton is employed by QPR, Saturday is his main "working " day, he should be there , as a vice captain or whatever he could have a valuable role to play in the dressing room at half time or before the game,
band of brothers, we r together, yeah right

not at away games they don't.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024