Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! 10:14 - Sep 29 with 2032 viewsbosh67

Much as I wouldn't put my house on Harry saying any of this, knowing the press, I have to say that we needed another proper striker last season. The fact that Remy went to Chelsea was down to the contract we allowed him to sign. If Chelsea hadn't come in then he wouldn't have left. The fans are starting to blame Remy but Remy was prepared to stay until Chelsea invoked the contract release. The fact we couldn't get any out and out striker signings over the line is down to Harry and co. The excuse wagon roles on while the common fan looks on at the bleedin obvious!

http://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/struggling-qpr-left-in-the-lurch-by-chels

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 17:26 - Sep 29 with 501 viewssimmo

Also, bear in mind that we could easily have signed both Borini and that Sigthorsson guy, but they made demands above and beyond our own self imposed limits when it came to personal terms. For me that is a positive, although it may now leave us fairly short, especially if injuries come, I would prefer to be in this position than have 5 strikers on the books, 2 of which are on expensive long term contracts that we will be forced to honour, even after we get relegated (if that happens)

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 17:29 - Sep 29 with 489 viewsjamois

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 17:26 - Sep 29 by simmo

Also, bear in mind that we could easily have signed both Borini and that Sigthorsson guy, but they made demands above and beyond our own self imposed limits when it came to personal terms. For me that is a positive, although it may now leave us fairly short, especially if injuries come, I would prefer to be in this position than have 5 strikers on the books, 2 of which are on expensive long term contracts that we will be forced to honour, even after we get relegated (if that happens)

True Simmo, but I'd love to know what those limits were. Could it be a case of cutting off the nose to spite the face? I read that the highest paid player at Ajax last season is on £10k a week. What exactly was Sigthorsson asking for that we wouldn't give? £25k??

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 17:42 - Sep 29 with 475 viewsSomersetHoops

Deeney was the player we should have gone for and could have got, but as he wasn't one of Harry's OLD boys (stressing the OLD) he didn't try hard enough. We needed him even in the very unlikely event Remy had stayed, but our management team managed to F it up yet again. When Remy did leave as we all knew he would it made Beard TF and Harry look like clowns. Harry said Remy wouldn't leave us in the lurch, and although he wasn't under any compulsion to accept the Chelsea deal that is exactly what he did. I'm pretty sure he made it clear that if a Champion's League club came in for him he would be off, so its the fault of whoever agreed the clause and not Remy, although he may not have joined us without that clause. So in the end the incompetence of our management turned out to be only slightly less obvious than it was last time we were in the Prem. Does anyone think that with the pathetic tactics we've employed so far, that Defoe or Crouch will make much difference. If we do bring them in they will be a fast depreciating asset or loan players without full commitment. We need players that have energy, ability, commitment and can improve not only in their skills, but also in value, but it seems like Ned those are sidelined or not even considered to be worth trying for because they aren't Harry's OLD boys.

Who's Next?

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 17:47 - Sep 29 with 468 viewsDiscodroids

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 16:08 - Sep 29 by jamois

Look, f*ck all this, I just want to know, what is the best and most likely way to contact Tony Fernandes directly? When's he next in town? I think, and I nominate Disco and Mr Parker to plan this as I am not in London, that Tony needs to be made a captive audience. DaveB to run quality control. Shanghaied in some nasty corner of Acton until he's made to understand the full facts of the situation and is prepared to make a decent footballing decision for a change. Get those boys in from R Block who won't sit down during away games. They can stand in front of Tony and serenade him with a menacing and portentous ditty of the shape of things to come. Stick a satsuma in his mouth and ready the stockings and suspenders - make him understand he'll get his rewards if he does the right thing.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 16:11]

thanks me old mate, as mentioned in the'going forward ' thread, i was going to bring in 'adso' from the name of the rose' movie..but if you insist im happy to bend harolds and tonys ear over the pork scratchings in the east ham working mans club this weekend.

if PP is happy to play the calm stoical peter taylor role to my boozed up ranting brian clough, i'll do it.

in all seriousness im still scratching my head as to why we gave grey friars bobby another contract.

complete waste of space in 25 man squad where you need everyone available and physically fit to play.

probably heresy to say it on here, but i cringe like fk when ever our fans sing his name to come on when we are inevitably losing.its embarrasing.

what a progressive solution to building a squad in prem, in the year 2014..just fling another lumbering oaf at it to plug an'hole.

the man would'nt get a game in the top half of the championship.hence only millwall in the close season trying to secure his services such as they are.

i believe ,being made a multi millionare in his time at qpr , i feel is fair reward for his goal at wembley, and indeed his goal return and injury record over his contracted period with us.

carrion with a capital C.

vargas looks like floyd mayweather up against vitali klitchcko's when i watch him.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 18:10]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 17:47 - Sep 29 with 468 viewssimmo

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 17:29 - Sep 29 by jamois

True Simmo, but I'd love to know what those limits were. Could it be a case of cutting off the nose to spite the face? I read that the highest paid player at Ajax last season is on £10k a week. What exactly was Sigthorsson asking for that we wouldn't give? £25k??

It's a good point, although it may have been other issues, like the length of the contract. Maybe he only wanted 40k but demanded a 4 year deal, that might be too big a long term risk as he could easily turn up and be a flop. It seems to me we agreed terms with the club and made what I imagine to be a healthy offer in line with the market rate, and it was rejected.

The post above is right with people like Deeney though, I would have just paid 12m to BBurn for Jordan Rhodes as soon as Remy went but there you go, maybe the deals were not there. Ulloa is still only a good signing for 8m in hindsight, I am still not convinced he's that brilliant, I just think Leicester and Pearson know how to get the best out of what they have and they buy players that are suited to their organised and functional style.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 18:16 - Sep 29 with 437 viewsjamois

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 17:47 - Sep 29 by Discodroids

thanks me old mate, as mentioned in the'going forward ' thread, i was going to bring in 'adso' from the name of the rose' movie..but if you insist im happy to bend harolds and tonys ear over the pork scratchings in the east ham working mans club this weekend.

if PP is happy to play the calm stoical peter taylor role to my boozed up ranting brian clough, i'll do it.

in all seriousness im still scratching my head as to why we gave grey friars bobby another contract.

complete waste of space in 25 man squad where you need everyone available and physically fit to play.

probably heresy to say it on here, but i cringe like fk when ever our fans sing his name to come on when we are inevitably losing.its embarrasing.

what a progressive solution to building a squad in prem, in the year 2014..just fling another lumbering oaf at it to plug an'hole.

the man would'nt get a game in the top half of the championship.hence only millwall in the close season trying to secure his services such as they are.

i believe ,being made a multi millionare in his time at qpr , i feel is fair reward for his goal at wembley, and indeed his goal return and injury record over his contracted period with us.

carrion with a capital C.

vargas looks like floyd mayweather up against vitali klitchcko's when i watch him.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 18:10]

Bobby Z was everyone's whipping boy on here probably only a year ago. sad to hear vargas looks that lightweight. i only got see the sunderland game before returning back here and he was awol at that point. we joke all we like but the glaring errors in foresight and method on both playing and non-playing side of Project Tony leave me gasping for air. the sums these dimwits like our H are being paid. i'm glad I'm a jungle and two flights away from it all.

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 18:22 - Sep 29 with 432 viewsDiscodroids

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 18:16 - Sep 29 by jamois

Bobby Z was everyone's whipping boy on here probably only a year ago. sad to hear vargas looks that lightweight. i only got see the sunderland game before returning back here and he was awol at that point. we joke all we like but the glaring errors in foresight and method on both playing and non-playing side of Project Tony leave me gasping for air. the sums these dimwits like our H are being paid. i'm glad I'm a jungle and two flights away from it all.

where are you mate?, i thought you were still laid up with that bad back?

when you mentioned the jungle i thought of forest gate..
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 18:23]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 18:27 - Sep 29 with 428 viewsAntti_Heinola

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 17:26 - Sep 29 by simmo

Doesn't have to be an either/or though. If those 2 fell through, there should have been back-ups. There should be a list of at least a dozen players in every position that we could go after. As it stands, we almost definitely make the bulk of our signings through agents pimping their clients to Harry.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 18:28 - Sep 29 with 425 viewsAntti_Heinola

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 17:47 - Sep 29 by simmo

It's a good point, although it may have been other issues, like the length of the contract. Maybe he only wanted 40k but demanded a 4 year deal, that might be too big a long term risk as he could easily turn up and be a flop. It seems to me we agreed terms with the club and made what I imagine to be a healthy offer in line with the market rate, and it was rejected.

The post above is right with people like Deeney though, I would have just paid 12m to BBurn for Jordan Rhodes as soon as Remy went but there you go, maybe the deals were not there. Ulloa is still only a good signing for 8m in hindsight, I am still not convinced he's that brilliant, I just think Leicester and Pearson know how to get the best out of what they have and they buy players that are suited to their organised and functional style.

oh for a manager that knows how to get the best out of what they have...

Bare bones.

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 18:40 - Sep 29 with 410 viewsjamois

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 18:22 - Sep 29 by Discodroids

where are you mate?, i thought you were still laid up with that bad back?

when you mentioned the jungle i thought of forest gate..
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 18:23]

costa rica mate. i'd been on holiday back in london. did my back in on the return journey here. i don't think my missus would have jumped at the chance of moving to forest gate. way things have been going lately though i might have to give it a try.

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 19:05 - Sep 29 with 395 viewsMatch82

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 14:58 - Sep 29 by Jamie

That Arrys claim that nobody could've seen the Remy deal coming is clearly bollocks as he himself was ringing his replacement all summer.

To be fair, he could (and should) have been treating Defoe as an addition, rather than replacement for Remy.

More evidence for the prosecution in terms of inability to get deals done/find players not already in his black book, but I don't think you can say for sure that Redknapp contacting Defoe means that he knew Remy was leaving.
Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 21:23 - Sep 29 with 349 viewsJamie

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 19:05 - Sep 29 by Match82

To be fair, he could (and should) have been treating Defoe as an addition, rather than replacement for Remy.

More evidence for the prosecution in terms of inability to get deals done/find players not already in his black book, but I don't think you can say for sure that Redknapp contacting Defoe means that he knew Remy was leaving.

the fact that we were offering the Remy money & Remys wages to Defoe suggests he was intended to be the replacement.
Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 21:46 - Sep 29 with 334 viewsdaveB

Harry, guys, you had plenty of time on this! on 21:23 - Sep 29 by Jamie

the fact that we were offering the Remy money & Remys wages to Defoe suggests he was intended to be the replacement.

We were also offering Remy a new contract so not sure how that works with your theory
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024