Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sandro 12:26 - Sep 29 with 977 viewssimmo

Off with a head injury. I didn't see any blood, etc so I assume he failed some sort of concussion test? Otherwise it's embarrassing, especially when you see rugby lads play on with chunks of their head taken out!

Props to Henry btw, I advocated him to start on Saturday (as did the likes of Hunter) and he deserves to keep his place for WH now. I have been very critical of him as a signing in the past but it's so nice to see a player come on and do a very specific job and do it very well. Happy to eat my words from last season where he is concerned.

[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 12:27]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Sandro on 12:36 - Sep 29 with 948 viewsrunningman75

Regardless if Sandro is fit I would also like to see Henry start at West Ham.
Sandro on 12:55 - Sep 29 with 897 viewswestberksr

he went down quickly and they took their time over him so presumably a proper head injury; doesn't need to be bloody to be concussed.

agree that Henry was up for the task and did very well.
Sandro on 12:59 - Sep 29 with 879 viewsBrightonhoop

On the telly you could see them telling him to squeeze the physios fingers and he didn't know what day of the week it was, his reaction was very slow to instruction.

I would think with the fairly recent on field deaths of players elsewhere, they probably dont take many chances.
Sandro on 13:03 - Sep 29 with 865 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yep, you cannot take chances with head injuries anymore. Concussions are proven to have the potential to have serious long-term effects - look at Jeff Astle, or any number of pro-wrestlers, NFL players, hockey players etc.
The days of playing on through head injuries should be numbered - any signs of concussion (and a concussion doesn't mean you were knocked out, or there was blood - just seeing flashing lights in front of your eyes briefly can indicate concussion) and the player should be off and should only play again when fully medically cleared.

Bare bones.

Sandro on 13:20 - Sep 29 with 801 viewsrobith

Sandro on 13:03 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Yep, you cannot take chances with head injuries anymore. Concussions are proven to have the potential to have serious long-term effects - look at Jeff Astle, or any number of pro-wrestlers, NFL players, hockey players etc.
The days of playing on through head injuries should be numbered - any signs of concussion (and a concussion doesn't mean you were knocked out, or there was blood - just seeing flashing lights in front of your eyes briefly can indicate concussion) and the player should be off and should only play again when fully medically cleared.

It's especially bad in rugby as players have cottoned on to how to dodge the tests and the culture of not admitting you're injured.

This article from Sho Hape having to retire details it pretty well

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11264856
Sandro on 13:21 - Sep 29 with 793 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Rules have changed since Hugo Lloris was knocked out, yet recovered and played on last season.

Decision taken away from the coaching staff and it is now entirely down to the medical team, who are these days probably crapping themselves about liability insurance.
Sandro on 13:26 - Sep 29 with 775 viewsTheBlob

It only takes a minor knock to start bleeding on the brain.Your biggest fear is having the injury on a sunday when A&E is understaffed - fortunately (for them)pampered individuals like footballers get better treatment.

When you ask an injured player "how many fingers am I holding up" and he says "tea,two sugars" you know he's bang in trouble.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Sandro on 14:00 - Sep 29 with 697 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sandro on 13:26 - Sep 29 by TheBlob

It only takes a minor knock to start bleeding on the brain.Your biggest fear is having the injury on a sunday when A&E is understaffed - fortunately (for them)pampered individuals like footballers get better treatment.

When you ask an injured player "how many fingers am I holding up" and he says "tea,two sugars" you know he's bang in trouble.

'he's forgotten who he is, boss'
'tell him he's Pele and tell him to get on with it'

(c) every manager in the 1970s, apparently.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Sandro on 21:14 - Sep 29 with 553 viewsTacticalR

Bring back the concussed!

'Redknapp was frustrated after medics withdrew Sandro just 11 minutes into Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Southampton following a heavy blow to his head.

According to Redknapp, the midfielder seemed to have recovered by half-time.'

QPR manager Harry Redknapp backs temporary substitutions
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29403220

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024