Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham 16:14 - Sep 29 with 1070 viewsthemodfather

missed this live and read later the scores, 119-109, 117-111 on two cards
i thought, how many times did smith go down, how dominant was abraham?? then read and later saw comments by many ex champs, it was a robbery...just watched the whole fight and it was a shocking, disgraceful decision. again in germany, the other guy is robbed...mackin, murray and now smith. smith never went down, was never spoken to by the ref and the judges must be questioned for their cards....the WBO need to look at this, a bigger controversy than froch/groves 1.
smith was rarely troubled, abraham is a good fighter, only beaten by the top /elite but smith deserved a draw here, at least. i wonder if "KING" abraham would fancy a return, in the uk, maybe liverpool?
boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 16:28 - Sep 29 with 1044 viewsTheBlob

Saw it live and the decision was an absolute disgrace.Smith was getting in some lovely body shots and Abraham's arms were dropping.A lot of Abraham's shots went to gloves,he always did the ploy of trying to come strong in the last half minute.I had Smith two rounds ahead at the end.
You just knew with the crowds,euro micro celebs and some god awful german(miming) rock band the fix was in.Usual thing,gotta knock 'em out to get a draw.No wonder boxing has a shocking reputation,if there's any justice there should be a rematch.
Where the f&ck did one judge get a 10 point margin??
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 16:29]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 16:33 - Sep 29 with 1031 viewspaulparker

How the hell did Smith get a title shot in the 1st place ?
both Degale & Groves have beaten him, also don't think smith done enough to win looked a draw to me

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 17:14 - Sep 29 with 1004 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

I had Smith 1 round up but so many rounds were close. I felt he gave a good account of himself at that level but agree he should have never had a shot in the first place.

I was expecting the judges to give it to Abraham as in Germany but to give the margins they gave is just disgusting. Judges need to be struck off imho.
boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 17:16 - Sep 29 with 1002 viewsTheBlob

boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 16:33 - Sep 29 by paulparker

both Degale & Groves have beaten him, also don't think smith done enough to win looked a draw to me

Several others had him ahead as well,just shaded it for me.Those body shots hurt Abraham more than was apparent - obviously they don't count on the continent.

boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 17:17 - Sep 29 with 1002 viewsingeminate

boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 16:33 - Sep 29 by paulparker

I watched it live and was genuinely excited, looked like Smith comfortably won the bulk of the latter rounds. The scoring was disgusting, really felt for Smith who handled himself with dignity throughout.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 18:30 - Sep 29 with 960 viewsDiscodroids

boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 16:28 - Sep 29 by TheBlob

Saw it live and the decision was an absolute disgrace.Smith was getting in some lovely body shots and Abraham's arms were dropping.A lot of Abraham's shots went to gloves,he always did the ploy of trying to come strong in the last half minute.I had Smith two rounds ahead at the end.
You just knew with the crowds,euro micro celebs and some god awful german(miming) rock band the fix was in.Usual thing,gotta knock 'em out to get a draw.No wonder boxing has a shocking reputation,if there's any justice there should be a rematch.
Where the f&ck did one judge get a 10 point margin??
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 16:29]

i had smith a round up uncle blob, as you say ,the scoring was a disgrace.

you could have swallowed a draw, at a push a very narrow defeat, but smith winning one round?..a scandal.

great band!!

PP, i have always rated smith, unlucky to be around when we have a lot oF good super middles. he rocked groves badly at the end of the second iirc and would have gone on to stop him if the round had another 30 seconds in it.

hope he gets a rematch at liverpool..his brother callum looks even better.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 19:42 - Sep 29 with 920 viewsthemodfather

paul smith def did well to get that title fight, but really impressed but not getting the attention groves got and for me, groves was gonna go down that first fight.
on the night his work rate and aggression would have scored higher in the usa, abraham threw a couple of shots but never won by 10 rds...
re-match out side germany, then we'll see, smith deserves that.
boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 19:49 - Sep 29 with 916 viewsgobbles

Thought Abraham just won but judges were a disgrace. The Sky commentary was pretty biased too.
Login to get fewer ads

boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 19:55 - Sep 29 with 906 viewsTheBlob

There's a verbal agreement for a rematch but then you know they're not worth the paper they're not printed on.The bout is also under review.

boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 21:10 - Sep 29 with 868 viewsMrSheen

Smith showed great heart and plenty of skill, but I never thought he did enough to win. Abraham was laughing in between rounds up to half way which shows he wasn't being hurt but he was certainly puffing by the end. Never in real danger though. The scoring was certainly an insult though.
boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 22:36 - Sep 29 with 831 viewsjamois

It's a bit like Mayweather v Maidana 2. If there's money in it there'll be a rematch but one is clearly classier than the other and won't underestimate him next time around.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/boxing/29416196

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 23:26 - Sep 29 with 819 viewsTheBlob

boxing..paul smith v arthur abraham on 21:10 - Sep 29 by MrSheen

Smith showed great heart and plenty of skill, but I never thought he did enough to win. Abraham was laughing in between rounds up to half way which shows he wasn't being hurt but he was certainly puffing by the end. Never in real danger though. The scoring was certainly an insult though.

When a boxer does that laughing and grinning lark that you know it's a bluff.Those body shots to the short ribs bloody hurt.Abrahams was dropping his arms in discomfort and puffing like a train at the end.It was significant that Ricky Hatton was part of the coaching staff - body puncher par excellence.
Wouldn't be at all surprised for the Abrahams management will put a swerve around Smith,usually with phrases like we have done that and we want to move on.Only if ordered to do so will there be a rematch imho.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 23:28]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024