Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
im getting worried............ 20:11 - Sep 29 with 1971 viewsconnell10

...........im getting a feeling that im not bothered if rangers stay up or not! i feel im falling out of love with rangers! IM LOSING MY PASSION!!!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

im getting worried............ on 21:19 - Sep 29 with 1385 viewsloftboy

It's not Rangers it's football in general, for some reason I've only missed the united game so far and have been/going to go to more away games than I've done in a few seasons, but it's at the stage where the home games are attended more for the pre match beer and chat with people I only see at Qpr and the actual 90 minutes inbetween ia an inconvenience, i dread to know what I would do on Saturdays without football but it's starting to play on my mind that I could have a couple of extra holidays abroad with the money I spend, don't want to take it away from the kids either who always enjoy the games no matter what. I didn't become a regular until the early 80's when I was about 15 as I was a young and upcoming referee( I kid you not) and was a regular official on the combined counties so couldn't get to many games, but gave that up when I felt my dad was pushing me to hard, so that's 30+'years of following the hoops but in all that time have never felt like this.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

im getting worried............ on 21:26 - Sep 29 with 1353 viewsDeano19766

I feel your pain lads. Loved the Rangers for 20 odd years (1986-2006, going to most games home and away for a number of those seasons) but then lost my mojo for it when Tango & Cash turned up. It's diminished still further since getting back into the Premiershite in 2011 to the extent that I now don't go to any games and just watch a few games on the tv. A few years ago I would have thought this never would have happened, but that's what the Premiershite has done to me personally.

Now looking for a lower or non league club to support.
im getting worried............ on 21:35 - Sep 29 with 1335 viewsLowerloftLad

I didn't buy the this season shirt
I stopped buying the program's 3 years ago
I stopped the cup games after dreadful performances
Wigan in the play of leg was the only midweek game I have done for around 3 seasons now
The away games have gone from 4-5 a season will go to 1-2 and after reading everything that went on v the saints need i say anymore

It's all about money,money and more money

It's all getting very samey and after the magical day at wemberly will never ever get any better for QPR

I find the best part of the day is getting in the pie and mash shop and having a bit of a laugh on the way to and from the games
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 21:38]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

im getting worried............ on 21:45 - Sep 29 with 1302 viewsTacticalR

It could be time for football guidance counselling.

Air hostess clique

im getting worried............ on 22:44 - Sep 29 with 1230 viewsHayesender

Given up my season tkt.

Haven't gone and probably won't go to any televised game.

Away games have gone from never missing one to maybe 1 or 2 this season.

But worst thing of the lot, I'm not missing it.

It would have driven me insane to miss a game a few short seasons ago

Poll: Shamima Beghum

im getting worried............ on 22:50 - Sep 29 with 1218 viewsKerryE

im getting worried............ on 21:26 - Sep 29 by Deano19766

I feel your pain lads. Loved the Rangers for 20 odd years (1986-2006, going to most games home and away for a number of those seasons) but then lost my mojo for it when Tango & Cash turned up. It's diminished still further since getting back into the Premiershite in 2011 to the extent that I now don't go to any games and just watch a few games on the tv. A few years ago I would have thought this never would have happened, but that's what the Premiershite has done to me personally.

Now looking for a lower or non league club to support.

Well you have a few options:

1. If you hang around long enough chances are QPR will be a 'lower league' club again so no problem there.

or

2. Just go the whole hog and do a Jenson.
im getting worried............ on 08:27 - Sep 30 with 1107 viewsconnell10

yep If we stay up and my gold season ticket goes up in price next season then that could be me done with it, its a shame really but i dont think id be that bothered about it!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

im getting worried............ on 08:40 - Sep 30 with 1094 viewsTheBlob

You're getting older that's all.All downhill from now on.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

im getting worried............ on 08:48 - Sep 30 with 1080 viewsMytch_QPR

im getting worried............ on 21:45 - Sep 29 by TacticalR

It could be time for football guidance counselling.

It could be time for a backlash against the PL and the FA.

Fans should boycott games where ticket prices are over £45, as well as those at daft kick off times such as 4pm on a Sunday - but it probably won't happen.

I'm disillusioned, for sure. The real concern for QPR is that the whole business plan and new stadium relies on staying up. I think that if we go down this season TF may walk away and financial ruin may ensue. It's possible we could manage to be sh*t AND bust. No pressure, then.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

im getting worried............ on 08:56 - Sep 30 with 1066 viewsFearless

Similar story with me.

Will still do all the home games, but after spurs and burton don't plan on doing any awY until Arsenal on Boxing Day (if I can get a ticket) - normally go to most away games.

Not sure what the cause is really, but it includes:

Hate the premier
Dislike Arry intensely
Crap days/times
Train travel costs (due to above point)
Other activities that I now enjoy more
Getting older and more miserable
im getting worried............ on 09:05 - Sep 30 with 1027 viewssimmo

Was anybody ACTUALLY looking forwards to the premiership once we got through the play off final? The worst part of that day was the fact it meant we were going to be in this league. If it wasn't for the fact we need the ridiculous money involved I would MUCH prefer to be a Championship/League 1 club. The Premiership is saturated now, it's just a machine taken away from the people and given to the armchair fans and subscribers that are easily distracted by shiny packages and hyperbole. Unless you're one of the 'top 4' it's a pointless exercise, even this year theres only 2 teams that can win it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

im getting worried............ on 09:14 - Sep 30 with 1016 viewsTheBlob

im getting worried............ on 09:05 - Sep 30 by simmo

Was anybody ACTUALLY looking forwards to the premiership once we got through the play off final? The worst part of that day was the fact it meant we were going to be in this league. If it wasn't for the fact we need the ridiculous money involved I would MUCH prefer to be a Championship/League 1 club. The Premiership is saturated now, it's just a machine taken away from the people and given to the armchair fans and subscribers that are easily distracted by shiny packages and hyperbole. Unless you're one of the 'top 4' it's a pointless exercise, even this year theres only 2 teams that can win it.

Being at the top table rather than dining under it is always a blast.I always look forward to the prospect,why constantly aspire to failure and second ratedness?Yep,much better to drive around in a Nissan Joke than a Bugatti? - metaphorically speaking - no thanks.

im getting worried............ on 09:18 - Sep 30 with 1012 viewsRangersw12

The Premier League could be decent if we actually went about it the correct way but as usual we have dismantled the promotion team , hiked up the prices and bought lazy players

This season feels no different to the last relegation season
im getting worried............ on 09:23 - Sep 30 with 997 viewspaulparker

its called getting old lads !! but seriously there are many factors in why I don't go as much anymore, there were days even though I just bought my 1st house that I couldn't miss (Holloway years) and would put it on my credit card , (that used to p*ss off my 1st wife big time)
Wembley was a cracking day, more for the fact of seeing thousands of rangers fans walking up Wembley way & seeing people I hadn't seen in nearly 30 years
but if we had won and still stayed in the championship it wouldn't have bothered me
anyway
I hate the Prem,
I hate the non stop over hype , Transfer deadline day
kick off times, who wants to go to a game at 12.45 ??
Harry Redknapp & his last of the summer wine mates
ticket prices
viewing 17th as a triumph
no youngsters coming through
negative football
also how can the ordinary working class bloke ie us relate to a load of overpaid millionaires kicking a ball around, covered in tattoos ands wearing beat headphones,
I get more enjoyment now watching my Daughter play for Northampton Town on a Saturday , Ive see more passion, skill and better defending off her than rio has produced all season
I don't feel like its QPR im watching anymore , I feel detached from the club,
I never felt like that and never thought I would ever feel that way ,
but its the truth and im a 4th generation fan

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

im getting worried............ on 12:45 - Sep 30 with 919 viewsDeano19766

Spot on. By the tv, for the tv. That's all it is. The fans that actually want to go and watch their team are only useful because if the grounds were empty it may affect the tv ratings in other parts of the world. Having said that, even a mass boycott of all grounds may go unheard to be honest - the clubs will probably just start planning 10 'home' games a season in various parts of the world instead......
im getting worried............ on 12:57 - Sep 30 with 895 viewsQPunkR

Exactly why I actively didn't want us to go up last season. Obviously once we got to Wembley I wanted us to win on the day, and enjoyed it a hell of a lot (not as much as Hillsborough though still!), but would still be further down.
It just ain't fun any more.

QPR - "shit but local"

im getting worried............ on 13:04 - Sep 30 with 882 viewsTheBlob

Sorry I don't quite get it.In essence you'd love to come 17th in the Championship but would hate to do that in the Prem?

im getting worried............ on 13:08 - Sep 30 with 867 viewsQPunkR

im getting worried............ on 13:04 - Sep 30 by TheBlob

Sorry I don't quite get it.In essence you'd love to come 17th in the Championship but would hate to do that in the Prem?

Not sure if you're replying to my post or someone else's, so I'll answer to both scenarios.

Yes.

QPR - "shit but local"

im getting worried............ on 13:11 - Sep 30 with 853 viewssimmo

im getting worried............ on 13:04 - Sep 30 by TheBlob

One is seen as a disappointment over the course of a season where you have the potential to win a trophy. The other is seen as an achievement with no possible way of winning anything other than more money.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

im getting worried............ on 13:12 - Sep 30 with 855 viewsTheBlob

im getting worried............ on 13:08 - Sep 30 by QPunkR

Not sure if you're replying to my post or someone else's, so I'll answer to both scenarios.

Yes.

Well thanks for the reply,it was a general question
Sounds a bit stagnant and insecure doesn't it?

im getting worried............ on 13:15 - Sep 30 with 842 viewsQPunkR

im getting worried............ on 13:12 - Sep 30 by TheBlob

Well thanks for the reply,it was a general question
Sounds a bit stagnant and insecure doesn't it?

Don't see how it's any more insecure than our current situation.

On the flip-side, it's not quite as wallet-gapingly expensive for away tickets, or for home tickets either for that matter, we'd have more 3pm Saturday kickoffs, plus there's some great games for us down there this season whereas we've only got the Chelscum games in the Prem (and I'm not even doing the away one this time round on account of the astronomical price)

QPR - "shit but local"

im getting worried............ on 13:17 - Sep 30 with 836 viewsTheBlob

im getting worried............ on 13:11 - Sep 30 by simmo

One is seen as a disappointment over the course of a season where you have the potential to win a trophy. The other is seen as an achievement with no possible way of winning anything other than more money.

What possible chance is there a trophy coming from the Championship?Or unless it's the derided League Cup or the Johnson's Cuppapaint Trophy or something?
It's cosy,it's convenient,it's ordinary.Try looking up "competition".What is the point if there's no point?

im getting worried............ on 13:21 - Sep 30 with 828 viewsTheBlob

im getting worried............ on 13:15 - Sep 30 by QPunkR

Don't see how it's any more insecure than our current situation.

On the flip-side, it's not quite as wallet-gapingly expensive for away tickets, or for home tickets either for that matter, we'd have more 3pm Saturday kickoffs, plus there's some great games for us down there this season whereas we've only got the Chelscum games in the Prem (and I'm not even doing the away one this time round on account of the astronomical price)

I couldn't afford to go if R's were in the Conference..The insecurity I'm talking about comes from the supporters,would rather stay in their little comfort zones than reach for the stars.

im getting worried............ on 13:22 - Sep 30 with 822 viewsbob566

im getting worried............ on 13:11 - Sep 30 by simmo

what's one of the greatest nights in the clubs history? That dennis bailey hattrick against a bunch of what were then superstars with dennis feckin law on prematch saying we had no chance.

Proved him wrong that night. That's what's special. That memory there. Not the memory of picking up a good pt at swindow or halifax.

And to have that special memory you need to be in the top flight.

Sure we will probably never ever ever get top four but you might fluke a 7th or 8th that year. Didn't Konk have a great old time visiting all those european grounds when fulham got there.

It's going to take a long time but i know where I want to be and it's not supping mugs of bovril in blundell park (no offence grimsby. You were my dads team)
im getting worried............ on 13:26 - Sep 30 with 813 viewsR_from_afar

A manager who takes no pride in his job, who shows zero enthusiasm and who does the absolute minimum, apart from when it comes to concocting excuses ... Great!

Thanks for inspiring us!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024