Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive 07:33 - Oct 1 with 2743 viewsbroadwaycelt

As a group of supporters we need to do something to lift the atmosphere from this constant state of depression and negativity that has engulfed us QPR supporters in recent years . It doesn't have to be a replica of the Crystal Palace model as some people find that tacky but something that lifts the atmosphere especially on match days where both home and especially away it needs improving . Is there any fan reading this or maybe even one of the prominent figures from the websites , forums and podcasts who will step forward so that we can improve things because supporting QPR should be a great thing in life but at the moment it has lost that something special that made supporting QPR unique and only us supporters can get that back
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 7:39]
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 08:54 - Oct 1 with 1824 viewsPommyhoop

How about a fat bloke with no top on banging a big drum?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 09:15 - Oct 1 with 1774 viewspaulparker

How about we all stand & sing at away matches
oh hold on

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 09:25 - Oct 1 with 1746 viewsTheBlob

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 09:42 - Oct 1 with 1732 viewsFredManRave

This will probably end up as just another deabte between the stand up / sit down, can't sing sitting down,mnot a proper supporter if you don't sing etc etc etc thread.

Interesting to me how you mention the "Tacky" situation at Palace because tacky or not they have undoubtedly improved the atmosphere at their ground. If people could stop looking down their noses at them because they're a group of young south east london lads they'd maybe accept that they have markedly improved the atmosphere on match days. It's always been impressive and constant when I've heard them on the TV and filters thrugh to the rest of the sit downers, especially in moments of action. I've no idea how they arranged it with the club such that they could all get in together in that specific part of the ground and assuming they're not being offensive abusive or upsetting to those that sit in close proximity to them then I think it's mission accomplished on their part.

If I had the choice I'd personally be a part of/sit with or close to an equivalent type of set up at LR because that's what I would always choose to do at games, stand get behind the team with positive songs and hope that the rest of the ground joined in thus getting behind and havng a direct effect on the players on the pitch performnce.

But I doubt we'll all agree on anything and that therefore nothing will get done and so by definition it will get worse.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 09:47 - Oct 1 with 1720 viewsToast_R

Did you know that Robert Plant recorded the whole of Led Zeppelins Presence album sitting down?

He'd busted his ankle in a Car accident in Rhodes shortly before they recorded it. His vocals come through well on it I think, especially in "Nobody's Fault But Mine", although it might explain the kind of crying noise he makes following the main riff. Essentially though the album was debatably disappointing.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 9:55]
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 09:47 - Oct 1 with 1716 viewsDiscodroids

always gets me at fever pitch when Some wag in the crowd shouts out "should have gone to spec savers ref' , especially when people laugh!!

in the early nineties there used to be this gadge in the loft, who sat in front of me, who upon hearing a goal update on his' terrace tranny' from capital gold , would shout..."fu cking' hell...stenhouse muir have gone two up against montrose'.....

why god why ????

until we feel a connection with the players/management and or start seeing decent football again i can see the malasie lasting longer than the current occupation of the cricket hut by eastern european migrants in chingford.

a thousand years.(and they dont even wear the regulation whites!!!, curse them all!!)
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 9:54]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 09:58 - Oct 1 with 1687 viewslondonscottish

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 09:47 - Oct 1 by Discodroids

always gets me at fever pitch when Some wag in the crowd shouts out "should have gone to spec savers ref' , especially when people laugh!!

in the early nineties there used to be this gadge in the loft, who sat in front of me, who upon hearing a goal update on his' terrace tranny' from capital gold , would shout..."fu cking' hell...stenhouse muir have gone two up against montrose'.....

why god why ????

until we feel a connection with the players/management and or start seeing decent football again i can see the malasie lasting longer than the current occupation of the cricket hut by eastern european migrants in chingford.

a thousand years.(and they dont even wear the regulation whites!!!, curse them all!!)
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 9:54]

Reminds me of Forfar Five East Five Four.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 10:05 - Oct 1 with 1677 viewsdaveB

We couldn't even boo Mark Hughes properly so no chance of this happening
Login to get fewer ads

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 10:16 - Oct 1 with 1649 viewsVish

works both ways with the players.

We can sing all day long, but the players/formation/tactics mean there is never any urgency in our play to get the crowd excited.

Fans will sing or 20mins so, then realise nothing is happening on the pitch to get us excited for a prolonged period of time. Then it will go back to normal.

Totally agree it works both ways, and if the fans make for a decent atmosphere it should flow down to the players - but with the lack of creativity etc in our play, the noise will dwindle down.
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 10:24 - Oct 1 with 1637 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Of course this can happen, and it wouldn't need many to start it. From little acorns etc. The thing is they need to be 'the right sort'. If they are, then I'd be 100% behind them. But if their idea of support is to be racist or homophobic then I'll have silence every time.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 10:35 - Oct 1 with 1608 viewsDiscodroids

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 10:16 - Oct 1 by Vish

works both ways with the players.

We can sing all day long, but the players/formation/tactics mean there is never any urgency in our play to get the crowd excited.

Fans will sing or 20mins so, then realise nothing is happening on the pitch to get us excited for a prolonged period of time. Then it will go back to normal.

Totally agree it works both ways, and if the fans make for a decent atmosphere it should flow down to the players - but with the lack of creativity etc in our play, the noise will dwindle down.

[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 10:36]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 10:37 - Oct 1 with 1599 viewsTopCat34

Loads of stuff coming out about the Manchester City atmosphere last night. Even Rio wading in?

Is this what money does to you?
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 10:41 - Oct 1 with 1583 viewsTheBlob

Just gotta find another one of these.Simples....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:02 - Oct 1 with 1531 viewsJamie

A flash mob frogmarching TF & Arry out the club would be a decent start.
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:34 - Oct 1 with 1493 viewsbroadwaycelt

there is room on x block for us too get together and do this, lets forget waiting on the players to show they care let just do this of our own backs, its getting dire and is only going to get worse till we as fans try and turn things around
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 11:35]
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:37 - Oct 1 with 1479 viewsloftboy

The players start playing decent football, attack a few teams and the atmosphere will sort itself out.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:38 - Oct 1 with 1475 viewsLythamR

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 09:47 - Oct 1 by Toast_R

Did you know that Robert Plant recorded the whole of Led Zeppelins Presence album sitting down?

He'd busted his ankle in a Car accident in Rhodes shortly before they recorded it. His vocals come through well on it I think, especially in "Nobody's Fault But Mine", although it might explain the kind of crying noise he makes following the main riff. Essentially though the album was debatably disappointing.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 9:55]

The able was considered a bit of a disappointment on release because people were expecting another Graffiti and its pretty different but a lot of the songs stand up really well

Especially Achilles Last Stand which was a bit ironic sung from a wheelchair by someone with a broken ankle !

We do meet something, the family area and making the centre of the upper loft gol really put the kibosh on the ability to generate atmosphere because stuff started in the loft/elersie corner used to carry quickly across the loft and now it doesn't and thats a big part of the problem
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:42 - Oct 1 with 1469 viewsdaveB

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:02 - Oct 1 by Jamie

A flash mob frogmarching TF & Arry out the club would be a decent start.

That'll be great, who are you going to frogmarch in to replace Fernandes?
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:51 - Oct 1 with 1451 viewsQPunkR

I know not everyone's a fan but P, Q and R Blocks (to different extents) constantly try to get the place going. There's only so many years you can do it though and look down the Loft (Upper and Lower) and see the vast majority sitting on their hands before you feel like what's the bloody point. Doesn't stop me making a racket but it is bloody dispiriting.
And of course I'm not talking about the 'Jose Mourinho is gay' chants and ones like that which have emerged very seldomly.

QPR - "shit but local"

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:52 - Oct 1 with 1446 viewssimmo

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:53 - Oct 1 with 1443 viewsQPunkR

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:52 - Oct 1 by simmo

Too good for us

QPR - "shit but local"

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:56 - Oct 1 with 1429 viewsJamie

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:42 - Oct 1 by daveB

That'll be great, who are you going to frogmarch in to replace Fernandes?

Nobody now, the clubs too far gone, we are stuck with Uncle Tone. A competent owner would be a nice pipedream though.
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:56 - Oct 1 with 1428 viewsdaveB

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:51 - Oct 1 by QPunkR

I know not everyone's a fan but P, Q and R Blocks (to different extents) constantly try to get the place going. There's only so many years you can do it though and look down the Loft (Upper and Lower) and see the vast majority sitting on their hands before you feel like what's the bloody point. Doesn't stop me making a racket but it is bloody dispiriting.
And of course I'm not talking about the 'Jose Mourinho is gay' chants and ones like that which have emerged very seldomly.

problem is in the lower loft on the other side of the goal you can't hear the q,p and r blocks at all so can't join in.
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 12:51 - Oct 1 with 1365 viewsQPunkR

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:56 - Oct 1 by daveB

problem is in the lower loft on the other side of the goal you can't hear the q,p and r blocks at all so can't join in.

Exactly, and I know from sitting further down Ellerslie a couple of times over recent years that the sound doesn't carry anywhere near down towards the away end. That's why we need more people actually making a noise along from P, Q and R, helping the atmosphere to spread like Kerrygold over a nice bit of toast.

QPR - "shit but local"

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 13:11 - Oct 1 with 1333 viewsTopCat34

The Q,P and R arrangement means that if you sit anywhere past T, all you can here is the away fans. Remember X Block was quite good for a while, don't know what it's like now?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024