Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive 07:33 - Oct 1 with 2742 viewsbroadwaycelt

As a group of supporters we need to do something to lift the atmosphere from this constant state of depression and negativity that has engulfed us QPR supporters in recent years . It doesn't have to be a replica of the Crystal Palace model as some people find that tacky but something that lifts the atmosphere especially on match days where both home and especially away it needs improving . Is there any fan reading this or maybe even one of the prominent figures from the websites , forums and podcasts who will step forward so that we can improve things because supporting QPR should be a great thing in life but at the moment it has lost that something special that made supporting QPR unique and only us supporters can get that back
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 7:39]
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 13:12 - Oct 1 with 834 viewsPinnerPaul

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 09:58 - Oct 1 by londonscottish

Reminds me of Forfar Five East Five Four.

You can't even type it, let alone say it!
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 13:30 - Oct 1 with 793 viewsMonahoop

Why not sing the Smiths, Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now. Now that's being positively QPR aint it?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 14:47 - Oct 1 with 742 viewsbroadwaycelt

it can be done , it doesn't matter if its only 20 people singing because its 20 more than we have now ! as one post said "from little acorns" does anyone believe Palace would even being in existence never mind in the premiership if it weren't for the passion of their fans the last 5 years , before that they were no different than us , what have we got to lose
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 15:58 - Oct 1 with 718 viewsFredManRave

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 12:51 - Oct 1 by QPunkR

Exactly, and I know from sitting further down Ellerslie a couple of times over recent years that the sound doesn't carry anywhere near down towards the away end. That's why we need more people actually making a noise along from P, Q and R, helping the atmosphere to spread like Kerrygold over a nice bit of toast.

This is exactly the point regarding P, Q and R blocks. Like them or not they start a majority of the songs but saying that the sound doesn't carry, well of course it doesn´t just like it wouldn't do if only 2 or 3 blocks sung from anywhere else in the ground. They get the job started but it very rarely gets picked up by the surrounding blocks and therefore just peters out.

But let's face it, it is down to the players and management to give the fans something to cheer and sing about on the pitch and that's just not been happeneing in the last 3 seasons.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 16:00 - Oct 1 with 715 viewsFredManRave

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 12:51 - Oct 1 by QPunkR

Exactly, and I know from sitting further down Ellerslie a couple of times over recent years that the sound doesn't carry anywhere near down towards the away end. That's why we need more people actually making a noise along from P, Q and R, helping the atmosphere to spread like Kerrygold over a nice bit of toast.

Double Post.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 16:24]

I've got the Power.

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 16:53 - Oct 1 with 685 viewsqprphil

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 11:37 - Oct 1 by loftboy

The players start playing decent football, attack a few teams and the atmosphere will sort itself out.

Spot on, give the crowd something to shout, or cheer about, will do the trick. Constant negative football, will have everyone in there shell. Get forward, not sit back.
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 17:32 - Oct 1 with 642 viewsstevec

Years gone by most fans would join in irrespective of the song content. It's noticeable that a number of people have disqualified their singing on the basis of racist and homophobic content, quite understandably and I wonder that, as prices have gone up and attracted a different type of fan, this more cerebral thinking may also make a lot of people feel less than comfortable joining in with many other chants. 'The finest football team the world has ever seen' .. when, quite often, we're not even the finest football team on the pitch. 'Stand up if you hate Chel-sea'. Actually, it goes as read that I hate Chelsea, but you can f*ck off if you think I am going to stand up to prove it. As for 'Charlie, Charlie, Niko, Niko' I do join in but there's something of the 'two teamed scarf' about that one.

Let's keep the songs simple. Charlie does something good/bad than keep it to 'Charlie, Charlie...' if Niko does, then likewise, but not some homogenised fusion of the two please.

The Depeche mode song 'just can't get enough' - simple but brilliant, easy for everyone to join in. I'm not calling for SWP to be reinstated but there's got to be someone it can be adapted for. Basically anyone with a 4 syllable name, Charlie, Caulker.

Ultimately, less words, more tune. Palace may suffer some snobbery but they've got it spot on.
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 21:47 - Oct 1 with 580 viewstimcocking

How about signing a petition to stop short corners?
Login to get fewer ads

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 22:25 - Oct 1 with 558 viewsFredManRave

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 21:47 - Oct 1 by timcocking

How about signing a petition to stop short corners?

Too Lengthist. This is 2014. You'll never get away with it.

I've got the Power.

Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 00:15 - Oct 2 with 531 viewseastside_r

I don't know if I misinterpreted the OP but what I think is needed is, not just about the support at LR, is also about the away support.

We do need to self-police a lot better, but I don't mean vigilante style 'giving someone a slap' as has been stated on other threads, but other clubs and national teams have managed this. Definitely the Tartan Army for Scotland but also the England support (admittedly banning orders probably play their part.)

We seem to have gone from 'Our Tribe, Our Cave' (copyright I. Holloway) when it was hard but fun to follow our team, to fractious, belligerent and racist (re. Remy Song etc.)

I was at Soton on Saturday and did not see the 'punch-up' incident not did I hear the Remy song but the toxic atmosphere at away games (like Charlton last year) suspended for our Family Day at Wembley, has returned in earnest last Saturday.

Surely we are better than this?
Is there a group of QPR fans ready to step forward and do something positive on 02:43 - Oct 2 with 510 viewsjamois

Do suggestions have to be limited to who is singing and what and how? How about getting organised outside of the ground before the game too? How about a bit of leafleting down Loftus Rd, Ellerslie and SA? Make a statement, written with a deft comic touch, about how things need to improve to help the team - as lord knows they're not helping themselves etc. What about suggesting a specific interval in the game - e.g. 10th minute (the iconic shirt number) requesting everyone sing "...." (a specific chant)? It could also serve to generate some extra traffic for this website - or even if it was a collective thing with one or two other forums...

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024