Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harold on Talk Sport. 08:57 - Oct 1 with 5153 viewsDiscodroids

Had the great misfortune to find myself listening to the Adrian Durham & Darren Gough show last night.

Harold made an impromptu /unscheduled apperence admitting we were 'diabolical' at spurs and man utd, no bullshit there for a change which was nice to hear.

He went on to bemoan his lack of full backs !, and admitted that 'Rio' had been up and down, the players are not fit enough, and that his first choice midfield will be fer, barton, mutch, sandro.IF he can get them fit..

blamed the players for ditching the 3-5-2.

smacked of being a bit of a PR job on the fly to me, to douse the fires of the great unwashed on the terraces.

no doubt it will be up on the talk shit website.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 8:59]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Harold on Talk Sport. on 09:14 - Oct 1 with 3007 viewspaulparker

Caught the last few minutes of it Disco & I thought exactly the same, that it was a PR exercise, getting in there 1st with the excuses
good old Lovable Arry always good for a story with the Media boys , he tells it like it is you know, always talks to the media
I'll await the day this crook is seen for what he is in the press and how he uses our club as a jollys boys outing , but I wont hold my breath,
if he bemoans the lack of fullbacks on national radio then he has more front than Selfridges
likewise how he has ditched the 3-5-2 after making a big thing of it in the press and playing it the whole of pre season , even as going as far to appoint Hoddle to implement it
how our players are unfit when we are in October !!!
would have loved it if he was taken to task on these issues , but brain dead morons like durham & Gough would never dream of rocking the boat of the Good Ship Arry as they wont get another story like how Paolo Dicanio was mad and how Frankie Lampard was the best trainer ,
I wish he would just fcuk off

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Harold on Talk Sport. on 09:17 - Oct 1 with 2994 viewsfakekerby

So Niko has been our only stand out player this season and Harry publicly states his first choice midfield doesn't include him! Nice one!
Harold on Talk Sport. on 09:18 - Oct 1 with 2994 viewsPommyhoop

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-redknapp-backs-barton-be-excellent-coach

'Just happened to be strolling by'..LMAO.
Still trying to blame Sandro for sliding on his knees.
Praises up Joey. And Charlie (fair play).
Gough says Rio was a fantastic signing..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Harold on Talk Sport. on 09:23 - Oct 1 with 2969 viewsLoft1979

Harold on Talk Sport. on 09:14 - Oct 1 by paulparker

Caught the last few minutes of it Disco & I thought exactly the same, that it was a PR exercise, getting in there 1st with the excuses
good old Lovable Arry always good for a story with the Media boys , he tells it like it is you know, always talks to the media
I'll await the day this crook is seen for what he is in the press and how he uses our club as a jollys boys outing , but I wont hold my breath,
if he bemoans the lack of fullbacks on national radio then he has more front than Selfridges
likewise how he has ditched the 3-5-2 after making a big thing of it in the press and playing it the whole of pre season , even as going as far to appoint Hoddle to implement it
how our players are unfit when we are in October !!!
would have loved it if he was taken to task on these issues , but brain dead morons like durham & Gough would never dream of rocking the boat of the Good Ship Arry as they wont get another story like how Paolo Dicanio was mad and how Frankie Lampard was the best trainer ,
I wish he would just fcuk off

Easy: The pace of the prem is a little faster than most of our squad are/were up for. Several key players have been long term injuries. Nonetheless, HR is a PR machine. I doubt much of it can be held as valuable. I do suspect that payroll (Adel and SWP), the FFP, and agents were problematic and hence other players did not come on board.
as for the 3-5-2.
Harold on Talk Sport. on 09:26 - Oct 1 with 2953 viewsDiscodroids

lads, he had 'goughie' and durham eating out of his hands ..quite masterful.

reminds me off david koresh, ive no doubt he left 'goughie' and durham bereft of funds and left in stout hessian undergarments to enter harolds cult of solitude.

durham thought 'rio' was an inspired fantastic signing also.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Harold on Talk Sport. on 09:28 - Oct 1 with 2943 viewsFredManRave

Any mention of the Barton story/non story, preparation for the West Ham game or Anal Divergence?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Harold on Talk Sport. on 10:19 - Oct 1 with 2833 viewsPommyhoop

Harold on Talk Sport. on 09:28 - Oct 1 by FredManRave

Any mention of the Barton story/non story, preparation for the West Ham game or Anal Divergence?!

Tactics for West Ham..Was 'Ope we catch em on a down turn'..Or something like that..

Harold on Talk Sport. on 10:20 - Oct 1 with 2829 viewsDWQPR

And in that preferred midfield no mention of Hoilett who was instrumental of changing the game on Saturday, with his direct play which allowed Niko more room to create a greater influence. The bloke is a non-entity. If the players rebelled against the 3-5-2 it was showing that he hasn't got a clue on how to coach the system and obviously thought that it was a good idea at the time. If he isn't going to play the bloody system then get rid of Rio and play Chief.

Sundays team must be:

Green
Isla Caulker Chief Traore
Niko Sandro Fer
Vergas Austin Hoilett

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Harold on Talk Sport. on 10:24 - Oct 1 with 2811 viewsToast_R

They dug Barton out of his Twitter account . The one where he tweeted Mario Balotelli is the the biggest myth in European football... our next home game?
Harold on Talk Sport. on 10:41 - Oct 1 with 2756 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hmmm.... we've been here before with previous managers. All sounds eerily familiar. Is it me, or does it sound like he's beginning to get his excuses in ahead of a possible sacking.

When a manager spouts palpable nonsense such as, in this case, 'the players aren't fit enough', which has zero chance of convincing either fans or owners, I always think that he's given up on both, and/or thinks both have given up on him. Why else even attempt to sell such preposterous drivel? It can't help you, and runs the risk of infuriating further.

The only possible answer is that he fears the marriage is drawing to a sad demise, and while the injured lovers shriek tragically into hurtful claim and counter-claim, they're still always careful to put on their best clothes for the neighbours.

This could last a long while yet, but this morning is the first time this season I've wondered if either party is thinking about the split.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Harold on Talk Sport. on 10:57 - Oct 1 with 2699 viewssimmo

I hate that no journalists seem to have any bollocks, why is there not somebody out there asking genuine questions and conducting proper interviews, everybody is so busy trying to be best fckin mates with each other nobody is doing their jobs right.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 11:02]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Harold on Talk Sport. on 11:04 - Oct 1 with 2667 viewsPommyhoop

Harold on Talk Sport. on 10:57 - Oct 1 by simmo

I hate that no journalists seem to have any bollocks, why is there not somebody out there asking genuine questions and conducting proper interviews, everybody is so busy trying to be best fckin mates with each other nobody is doing their jobs right.

He's a protected species ever since this.

Harold on Talk Sport. on 11:18 - Oct 1 with 2632 viewsDiscodroids

Harold on Talk Sport. on 10:41 - Oct 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Hmmm.... we've been here before with previous managers. All sounds eerily familiar. Is it me, or does it sound like he's beginning to get his excuses in ahead of a possible sacking.

When a manager spouts palpable nonsense such as, in this case, 'the players aren't fit enough', which has zero chance of convincing either fans or owners, I always think that he's given up on both, and/or thinks both have given up on him. Why else even attempt to sell such preposterous drivel? It can't help you, and runs the risk of infuriating further.

The only possible answer is that he fears the marriage is drawing to a sad demise, and while the injured lovers shriek tragically into hurtful claim and counter-claim, they're still always careful to put on their best clothes for the neighbours.

This could last a long while yet, but this morning is the first time this season I've wondered if either party is thinking about the split.

BEAUTIFUL STUFF BRI..

Harold on Talk Sport. on 11:39 - Oct 1 with 2557 viewsEastR

Harold on Talk Sport. on 11:18 - Oct 1 by Discodroids

BEAUTIFUL STUFF BRI..

Yep, he's got 10 games

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:01 - Oct 1 with 2498 viewsbosh67

Harold on Talk Sport. on 10:41 - Oct 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Very good piece Brian.

Let's look at it from the point of view of TF and the board.

They replaced Hughes after a shocking start and Harry came in, said we would be okay, we went down with about as much fight as Casper The Friendly Ghost's Sunday league team and Harry then blamed everything on Hughes.

Don't get me wrong, Hughes f*cked up royally. However, Harry didn't pull up any trees.

Last season we got promoted, amazingly in the final moments, after a very indifferent half a season at the end. We played pretty poor football until the play offs.

This season we have bought some of the right type of players but there appears to be no plan, no training and now the players are being blamed for the change in system. The same players Harry brought in as 'the right types'.

I don't think that TF and the board as business people are blind enough to see that it won't exactly look great on their CV if they employ a manager who takes us down twice from the top division. Especially after giving him most of the tools to stay in it. We all thought that Hoddle was a good move but again he's been out of football for a decade. So, we have a manager at the end of his love for the game and a out of touch ex coach.

I think the one thing we do have is a decent set of players, we just don't have the necessary young head and attacking aggression or shape at this level, coaching wise, to be anywhere other than where we are. This is highlighted by insisting on playing a virtually 36 year old who clearly wants a media career and who had zero pre-season at the heart of the defence and realistically expecting him to be up to speed.

Defeat against West Ham and Liverpool and personally I think Harry may be on the golf course and director's box at Bournemouth before he knows it.

For me, Roberto Di Matteo screams over and over again as the kind of manager we need long term. If we go down he can get us up, if we stay up he can very much improve us and he has a much better win rate than Harry or anyone else around. Longterm if we want stability you won't have that with a 67/68 year old who appears to have fallen a bit out of love and touch with the game.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 12:02]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:03 - Oct 1 with 2485 viewsNorthernr

Harold on Talk Sport. on 10:57 - Oct 1 by simmo

Exactly that. First question whenever he mentions a lack of full backs should be "why was Danny Simpson sold?" First question. Just as the first question Ashley Young should ever be asked is about diving, and the second is about his penchant for beating off into his webcam on Chat Roulette.

To much sycophantic fcking back slapping masquerading as punditry and journalism these days. I couldn't give a fck who's been playing golf with Kevin Phillips or who 'Arry reckons might win the fcking Ryder Cup or who's said what on the Twitter. 'Arry moaning he doesn't have a right back should be like shooting a fcking hammer head shark in a mop bucket with a bazooka for any reporter worth his salt - first question immediately, why did you sell Danny Simpson and not register Michael Harriman?

"We had a lot of players late back from the World Cup you know..."
First question - why have QPR struggled to cope with that more than the other 19 Premier League teams?

"The players aren't fit enough?"
First question - why on earth not? We're into month three of the season, even if they had no pre-season at all is three months not enough to get them fit?

The reason gary Neville and Jamie Carragher are so good is because they say exactly what they think, regardless of who they think it might upset, without ever resorting to causing a row for the sake of a row or defending their opinion simply by saying "I've played the game and you haven't so I know and you don't" a la Savage and Clarridge. Also unlike Savage and Claridge, they're coming from a position of achieving things.

It's absolutely amazing to me that those two are so good on Monday night, and yet other channels, other radio stations, and most of the other programmes on Sky, are still going in for bland nonsense from Shearer, deliberately argumentative bullsht from Savage, or this irritating, matey backslapping nonsense from "Kammy" and fcking darren Gough.

ASK.THE.MAN.A.FCKING.QUESTION.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:16 - Oct 1 with 2431 viewsTHEBUSH

Bringing in a new manager now, doesn't guarantee success, also would he bring in a new coach, other than Hoddle ?

For me, I would stick with Redknapp and Hoddle and hopefully Hoddles coaching ideas will start to get through to the players.

I think TF will stick with our management team, at least until the seasons end, come what may !!
Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:19 - Oct 1 with 2420 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:16 - Oct 1 by THEBUSH

Bringing in a new manager now, doesn't guarantee success, also would he bring in a new coach, other than Hoddle ?

For me, I would stick with Redknapp and Hoddle and hopefully Hoddles coaching ideas will start to get through to the players.

I think TF will stick with our management team, at least until the seasons end, come what may !!

I think it's too early as well.

I think you're being optimistic if you think Fernandes and the owners will stick with Redknapp for the season "come what may" though. This crowd have itchytriggerfingeritis if I've ever I've seen it. If he doesn't shape up, the man's history.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:33 - Oct 1 with 2371 viewsFredManRave

Harold on Talk Sport. on 10:19 - Oct 1 by Pommyhoop

Tactics for West Ham..Was 'Ope we catch em on a down turn'..Or something like that..

I shpuld clarify at thos stage that Anal Divergence is an anagram of Cara Delevingne.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:39 - Oct 1 with 2348 viewsDiscodroids

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:33 - Oct 1 by FredManRave

I shpuld clarify at thos stage that Anal Divergence is an anagram of Cara Delevingne.

i got it fred!.

front page monday night!!!!!

what a gal.

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:40 - Oct 1 with 2339 viewsQPunkR

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:16 - Oct 1 by THEBUSH

I know Uncle Tone seemingly loves having his trousers pulled down - repeatedly and forcefully - by Arry, but he was so fúcking dead set on getting shot of Neil Warnock as soon as he came in even though the guy didn't have more than a couple of days to put a squad together. Ol' wheeler dealer here's had nearly 2 whole years in charge and spunked untold millions up the wall on transfers and wages - why should he get any longer than Warnock, who started the season with an utter joke of a footballer like Dave up front and was fulfilling his remit of keeping us out of the relegation zone - set by Tony - when he was unfairly sacked. (though I do of course recognise that Warnock had just brought in Macheda and we were playing some shit football, culminating in MK Franchise)
Just fúck Redknapp off.

A new manager does not with it bring guarantees of success, but it would bring guarantees of far less bullshit being spewed in weekly pressconferences & could scarcely bring any more boring football to watch of a weekend.

QPR - "shit but local"

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:40 - Oct 1 with 2335 viewspaulparker

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:19 - Oct 1 by BrianMcCarthy

I think it's too early as well.

I think you're being optimistic if you think Fernandes and the owners will stick with Redknapp for the season "come what may" though. This crowd have itchytriggerfingeritis if I've ever I've seen it. If he doesn't shape up, the man's history.

its a tough one for TF as he bangs on about consistency , but on the other hand it will be a disaster if we don't stay up this year, especially with the football league gunning for us over FFP (I don't believe the club will win that one if we get done)
we cannot get ourselves in the situation where we are playing catch up like the last time we were in the Prem, we cannot have another January window like the one we had in 2013,
I would give HR 2 more games, we have to perform better away from home , we are worse now then when Hughes was in charge in that respect
I just cannot believe we have the same manager who played good football at Pompey, Spurs & West Ham,
at the beginning I was in favour of him , but the way we have performed, the majority of the transfers we have made and the way he couldn't give a sh*t or take responsibility for anything drives me nuts
we as a club deserve better than what we are getting , I don't expect us to win every game or be in the Prem every year
I just want someone who cares, who sees us as a great job who wants to achieve great things
hands up those who look over at Warnock & Palace and are jealous as hell ?
we had that not so long ago

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:45 - Oct 1 with 2313 viewsTHEBUSH

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:40 - Oct 1 by QPunkR

I know Uncle Tone seemingly loves having his trousers pulled down - repeatedly and forcefully - by Arry, but he was so fúcking dead set on getting shot of Neil Warnock as soon as he came in even though the guy didn't have more than a couple of days to put a squad together. Ol' wheeler dealer here's had nearly 2 whole years in charge and spunked untold millions up the wall on transfers and wages - why should he get any longer than Warnock, who started the season with an utter joke of a footballer like Dave up front and was fulfilling his remit of keeping us out of the relegation zone - set by Tony - when he was unfairly sacked. (though I do of course recognise that Warnock had just brought in Macheda and we were playing some shit football, culminating in MK Franchise)
Just fúck Redknapp off.

A new manager does not with it bring guarantees of success, but it would bring guarantees of far less bullshit being spewed in weekly pressconferences & could scarcely bring any more boring football to watch of a weekend.

So what manager would you like to see take over from HR ?
Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:46 - Oct 1 with 2307 viewssimmo

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:40 - Oct 1 by QPunkR

Just fúck Redknapp off.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I think it's fairly well agreed that in hindsight sacking Warnock so early was a mistake. Tone migh be thinking that he doesnt want to make the same ones again, albeit with the circumstances being different.

I think it's clear that Fernandes idolises Harry and is a bit of a fanboy, having him at the club is perfect for the publicity and image he wants to put out there. In other words Redknapp is awful for the club we all want, but perfect for the one Fernandes needs.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:48 - Oct 1 with 2298 viewsQPunkR

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:45 - Oct 1 by THEBUSH

So what manager would you like to see take over from HR ?

This again?
I put the same answer up every time - Shirley everyone knows by now?!

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024