Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harold on Talk Sport. 08:57 - Oct 1 with 5154 viewsDiscodroids

Had the great misfortune to find myself listening to the Adrian Durham & Darren Gough show last night.

Harold made an impromptu /unscheduled apperence admitting we were 'diabolical' at spurs and man utd, no bullshit there for a change which was nice to hear.

He went on to bemoan his lack of full backs !, and admitted that 'Rio' had been up and down, the players are not fit enough, and that his first choice midfield will be fer, barton, mutch, sandro.IF he can get them fit..

blamed the players for ditching the 3-5-2.

smacked of being a bit of a PR job on the fly to me, to douse the fires of the great unwashed on the terraces.

no doubt it will be up on the talk shit website.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 8:59]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Harold on Talk Sport. on 13:19 - Oct 1 with 1523 viewsDANRANGER

I would like to think that TF is considering options now as surely he cannot accept the bullsh1t excuses he hears from HR. That said we are no way cut adrift like under Hughes so I expect him to still be in charge until end of November at least and see where we are at.

That's 7 more games with 4 at home and based on 2 of them being Liverpool & City the emphasis on winning the Villa and Leicester games is huge. With away games at West Ham, Newcastle and Chelsea we'd be lucky to achieve 2 points so HR needs to a huge tactical change away from home if he has learnt anything from our previous away games.

As for alternatives, I am a fan of Sherwood but not sure if we are set up well enough for him to succeed. Di Matteo is a good shout but why hasn't he been given a job since Chelsea as there have been better options than us. I do feel we need a young, ambitious type than wants to play high paced attacking football as our squad is weak defensively.
Harold on Talk Sport. on 13:22 - Oct 1 with 1509 viewsPinnerPaul

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:19 - Oct 1 by BrianMcCarthy

I think it's too early as well.

I think you're being optimistic if you think Fernandes and the owners will stick with Redknapp for the season "come what may" though. This crowd have itchytriggerfingeritis if I've ever I've seen it. If he doesn't shape up, the man's history.

When you say "this crowd" you mean on line crowd, which isn't necessarily representative of the fan base as a whole.
Harold on Talk Sport. on 14:24 - Oct 1 with 1420 viewsVish

all this nonsense from Harry and to think for whatever reason TF is desperate for HR to sign a new 2 year deal. Doesn't make sense at all.
Harold on Talk Sport. on 14:25 - Oct 1 with 1419 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Harold on Talk Sport. on 13:22 - Oct 1 by PinnerPaul

When you say "this crowd" you mean on line crowd, which isn't necessarily representative of the fan base as a whole.

Sorry, Paul, I was referring to the ownership, not us bunch of lunatics!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Harold on Talk Sport. on 14:34 - Oct 1 with 1403 viewslondonscottish

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:40 - Oct 1 by paulparker

its a tough one for TF as he bangs on about consistency , but on the other hand it will be a disaster if we don't stay up this year, especially with the football league gunning for us over FFP (I don't believe the club will win that one if we get done)
we cannot get ourselves in the situation where we are playing catch up like the last time we were in the Prem, we cannot have another January window like the one we had in 2013,
I would give HR 2 more games, we have to perform better away from home , we are worse now then when Hughes was in charge in that respect
I just cannot believe we have the same manager who played good football at Pompey, Spurs & West Ham,
at the beginning I was in favour of him , but the way we have performed, the majority of the transfers we have made and the way he couldn't give a sh*t or take responsibility for anything drives me nuts
we as a club deserve better than what we are getting , I don't expect us to win every game or be in the Prem every year
I just want someone who cares, who sees us as a great job who wants to achieve great things
hands up those who look over at Warnock & Palace and are jealous as hell ?
we had that not so long ago

Agree, I thought it was a good idea at the time.

My Popmey mate said "Be careful. It's never his fault. Always needs new singings".

How presecient.

*sigh*

PS when I asked my Spurs-supporting SIL the other day "What does Harry actually DO?" she stopped and stared for thirty seconds and said that she actually had no idea.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Harold on Talk Sport. on 15:16 - Oct 1 with 1351 viewsJamie

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:03 - Oct 1 by Northernr

Exactly that. First question whenever he mentions a lack of full backs should be "why was Danny Simpson sold?" First question. Just as the first question Ashley Young should ever be asked is about diving, and the second is about his penchant for beating off into his webcam on Chat Roulette.

To much sycophantic fcking back slapping masquerading as punditry and journalism these days. I couldn't give a fck who's been playing golf with Kevin Phillips or who 'Arry reckons might win the fcking Ryder Cup or who's said what on the Twitter. 'Arry moaning he doesn't have a right back should be like shooting a fcking hammer head shark in a mop bucket with a bazooka for any reporter worth his salt - first question immediately, why did you sell Danny Simpson and not register Michael Harriman?

"We had a lot of players late back from the World Cup you know..."
First question - why have QPR struggled to cope with that more than the other 19 Premier League teams?

"The players aren't fit enough?"
First question - why on earth not? We're into month three of the season, even if they had no pre-season at all is three months not enough to get them fit?

The reason gary Neville and Jamie Carragher are so good is because they say exactly what they think, regardless of who they think it might upset, without ever resorting to causing a row for the sake of a row or defending their opinion simply by saying "I've played the game and you haven't so I know and you don't" a la Savage and Clarridge. Also unlike Savage and Claridge, they're coming from a position of achieving things.

It's absolutely amazing to me that those two are so good on Monday night, and yet other channels, other radio stations, and most of the other programmes on Sky, are still going in for bland nonsense from Shearer, deliberately argumentative bullsht from Savage, or this irritating, matey backslapping nonsense from "Kammy" and fcking darren Gough.

ASK.THE.MAN.A.FCKING.QUESTION.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Nobody asks serious questions for the same reason Fergie spent 20 years being pitched easy underarmers to smash into the stands...

Pretty difficult to get content when your invite to the 'presser' neglects to fall into your inbox.
Harold on Talk Sport. on 15:32 - Oct 1 with 1334 viewsdaveB

You can be sure that if Redknapp goes he'll be replaced by Tony Pullis, that is an absolute certainty and all the things we moan about Redknapp for like solving every problem with a signing, playing dull results driven football, not giving youth a chance etc will be replicated again. We might win a few and stay up under Pullis but then again we might under Redknapp, the problems continue to run far deeper.

Until the club have a change of ethos it really doesn't matter who the manager is and the opportunity to do that after relegation was passed up.
Harold on Talk Sport. on 16:08 - Oct 1 with 1305 viewsDiscodroids

and lo Kenny jackett spake, .."i am the light of the world, leaveth the beast harold among his carrion of worshippers ..an lo , open thon ' sunsports pages ' and reveal the numbers of the beast...

played 7 won 1, lost 5, drawn 1, for 4 against 14.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Harold on Talk Sport. on 16:18 - Oct 1 with 1289 viewsFredManRave

Harold on Talk Sport. on 15:32 - Oct 1 by daveB

You can be sure that if Redknapp goes he'll be replaced by Tony Pullis, that is an absolute certainty and all the things we moan about Redknapp for like solving every problem with a signing, playing dull results driven football, not giving youth a chance etc will be replicated again. We might win a few and stay up under Pullis but then again we might under Redknapp, the problems continue to run far deeper.

Until the club have a change of ethos it really doesn't matter who the manager is and the opportunity to do that after relegation was passed up.

Sorry Dave but I have to disagree. First and foremost Pulis will give us renewed hope and optimism, two emotions that are dissapearing more and more with each game under Harry. Pulis would get the team and the fans motivated from day one and would have a clearly defined set up and way to play, practiced every week on the training ground. And he'd bring new backroom staff which might even include Gerry Francis.
His playing style whilst at Palace was much lauded not to mention their results and results are what we'll be needing if/when he comes in.

But as much as anything else, for me it's the passion, emotion, giving a shit and the wanting to win at all costs attitude that I think he'd bring and what is so severly missing with Harry. I think the club, the players the fans and us lunatics on here really, really need that at the moment. Plus he's only 56 so could be considered to have a future at the club, certainly long enough to set us up as an established Premier League club.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Harold on Talk Sport. on 17:51 - Oct 1 with 1231 viewsterryb

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:45 - Oct 1 by THEBUSH

So what manager would you like to see take over from HR ?

Almost anyone!

The manager of Ponds End Wanderers couldn't be any worse.

However, fot the 100th time - Karl Robinson.
Harold on Talk Sport. on 18:02 - Oct 1 with 1216 viewslondonscottish

Harold on Talk Sport. on 16:18 - Oct 1 by FredManRave

Sorry Dave but I have to disagree. First and foremost Pulis will give us renewed hope and optimism, two emotions that are dissapearing more and more with each game under Harry. Pulis would get the team and the fans motivated from day one and would have a clearly defined set up and way to play, practiced every week on the training ground. And he'd bring new backroom staff which might even include Gerry Francis.
His playing style whilst at Palace was much lauded not to mention their results and results are what we'll be needing if/when he comes in.

But as much as anything else, for me it's the passion, emotion, giving a shit and the wanting to win at all costs attitude that I think he'd bring and what is so severly missing with Harry. I think the club, the players the fans and us lunatics on here really, really need that at the moment. Plus he's only 56 so could be considered to have a future at the club, certainly long enough to set us up as an established Premier League club.

Totally agree FMR.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Harold on Talk Sport. on 18:10 - Oct 1 with 1201 viewsterryb

Harold on Talk Sport. on 13:22 - Oct 1 by PinnerPaul

This is very true but it might also be reflective.

At Tottenham, most of the voices I heard were young & very anti Redknapp. Around me in the Upper Loft the number who have considerable doubts about him is also growing at a fast rate.

Again, this is a very small sample & not acceptable as a poll, but I believe that the number of disenters is growing on a weekly basis.

Putting any kind of figure on it would be pure speculation & based on nothing apart from your own viewpoint, but it can't be disputed that only four months after winning a play off final, Hary is far from universally surported.
Harold on Talk Sport. on 18:16 - Oct 1 with 1194 viewsterryb

Another thing I don't understand.

Is Harry saying that he is not in control of the players?

They objected & caused him to abandon playing three at the back? So, he isn't able to tell them to shut up, adopt to it or play in the development squad?

You sign players & name a squad of 25 to match your desired system & then allow player power to dominate? That is not what could be described as strong management!
Harold on Talk Sport. on 19:05 - Oct 1 with 1136 viewsSomersetHoops

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:48 - Oct 1 by QPunkR

This again?
I put the same answer up every time - Shirley everyone knows by now?!

Its the wrong question. We need somebody running the club who can judge a managers ability and get a good one in. Its not the fans' job to do that. Southampton have managed it when they had sold half their team and didn't look a good prospect. While we have Beard and TF running the club we will never get good footballing decisions. Beard hasn't a clue and Fernandes is overawed by the celebrity status of who he brings in - hence Hughes, Redknapp and now Hoddle as well, rather than Warnock, Pullis, or any manager that can just quietly get on and sort our team out. Fernandes hasn't got a clue how to judge what a manager does or can do, hence sacking Warnock too soon and Hughes too late. It will probably be too late by the time Redknapp is given his marching orders as well - perhaps it already is.

Who's Next?

Harold on Talk Sport. on 19:31 - Oct 1 with 1111 viewsLblock

Harold on Talk Sport. on 19:05 - Oct 1 by SomersetHoops

Its the wrong question. We need somebody running the club who can judge a managers ability and get a good one in. Its not the fans' job to do that. Southampton have managed it when they had sold half their team and didn't look a good prospect. While we have Beard and TF running the club we will never get good footballing decisions. Beard hasn't a clue and Fernandes is overawed by the celebrity status of who he brings in - hence Hughes, Redknapp and now Hoddle as well, rather than Warnock, Pullis, or any manager that can just quietly get on and sort our team out. Fernandes hasn't got a clue how to judge what a manager does or can do, hence sacking Warnock too soon and Hughes too late. It will probably be too late by the time Redknapp is given his marching orders as well - perhaps it already is.

This man for President !!!!

The club needs a wholesale root and branch overhaul, has done for years
I felt it was going that way with Amit and Ishkan

It won't happen of course until we're back with the buckets

On the Manager front I'd accept anyone youngish, dynamic, positive and full of upbeat energy. The club just need to put a message out there it's not a quick short term fix and they are doing this as part of a turnaround over 3 years and there'll be tough times but we have a plan!!!
I'd go with that and accept some yo yo years

There's enough clubs around with good structures who'd be roaring successes backed with the dosh this bunch have spunked last few years

TF empire falling apart?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Harold on Talk Sport. on 19:40 - Oct 1 with 1058 viewsgigiisourgod

Harold on Talk Sport. on 12:01 - Oct 1 by bosh67

Very good piece Brian.

Let's look at it from the point of view of TF and the board.

They replaced Hughes after a shocking start and Harry came in, said we would be okay, we went down with about as much fight as Casper The Friendly Ghost's Sunday league team and Harry then blamed everything on Hughes.

Don't get me wrong, Hughes f*cked up royally. However, Harry didn't pull up any trees.

Last season we got promoted, amazingly in the final moments, after a very indifferent half a season at the end. We played pretty poor football until the play offs.

This season we have bought some of the right type of players but there appears to be no plan, no training and now the players are being blamed for the change in system. The same players Harry brought in as 'the right types'.

I don't think that TF and the board as business people are blind enough to see that it won't exactly look great on their CV if they employ a manager who takes us down twice from the top division. Especially after giving him most of the tools to stay in it. We all thought that Hoddle was a good move but again he's been out of football for a decade. So, we have a manager at the end of his love for the game and a out of touch ex coach.

I think the one thing we do have is a decent set of players, we just don't have the necessary young head and attacking aggression or shape at this level, coaching wise, to be anywhere other than where we are. This is highlighted by insisting on playing a virtually 36 year old who clearly wants a media career and who had zero pre-season at the heart of the defence and realistically expecting him to be up to speed.

Defeat against West Ham and Liverpool and personally I think Harry may be on the golf course and director's box at Bournemouth before he knows it.

For me, Roberto Di Matteo screams over and over again as the kind of manager we need long term. If we go down he can get us up, if we stay up he can very much improve us and he has a much better win rate than Harry or anyone else around. Longterm if we want stability you won't have that with a 67/68 year old who appears to have fallen a bit out of love and touch with the game.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 12:02]

No no, let's give him an extension.
Harold on Talk Sport. on 19:58 - Oct 1 with 1045 viewsdaveB

Harold on Talk Sport. on 16:18 - Oct 1 by FredManRave

A good argument mate but we said exactly the same things about Redknapp when Hughes was in charge.

Pullis is a good manager and could easily do a similar job to what Warnock did with us but it'll be another short term fix and could just as easily be similar to Redknapp. I'm not convinced it will be any better but i'm certain we'll find out around early December if we don't start picking up points sharpish.
Harold on Talk Sport. on 20:23 - Oct 1 with 1004 viewsLoftusRdW12

Harold on Talk Sport. on 18:16 - Oct 1 by terryb

Another thing I don't understand.

Is Harry saying that he is not in control of the players?

They objected & caused him to abandon playing three at the back? So, he isn't able to tell them to shut up, adopt to it or play in the development squad?

You sign players & name a squad of 25 to match your desired system & then allow player power to dominate? That is not what could be described as strong management!

He's shown before that he's willing to listen to his players (Hill in the playoffs).

I suppose some managers give more responsibility to players than others. Redknapp is definitely no Magath!

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Harold on Talk Sport. on 21:12 - Oct 1 with 958 viewskropotkin41

Harold on Talk Sport. on 11:39 - Oct 1 by EastR

Yep, he's got 10 games

10 games from now, or 10 games including the ones we've played already?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Harold on Talk Sport. on 22:07 - Oct 1 with 914 viewsPunteR

A Q ...PR stunt. !
I've been a Rednapp supporter in the past,but he's starting to take the Mick now. I heard the interview and again I couldn't help but think he's talking out of his backside. In fact I've never heard so much drivel.
Maybe I'm just getting more cynical as I get older.
I'm starting to think its time to go.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 22:13]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Harold on Talk Sport. on 22:57 - Oct 1 with 855 viewsSomersetHoops

Harold on Talk Sport. on 20:23 - Oct 1 by LoftusRdW12

He's shown before that he's willing to listen to his players (Hill in the playoffs).

I suppose some managers give more responsibility to players than others. Redknapp is definitely no Magath!

You are underlining another example of managerial incompetence. If it had been left up to Redknapp we would be in the Championship now and possibly facing massive fines and further relegation. It took Clint Hill to understand what needed to happen to give us a chance and sacrificed himself for the good of the team. He should get more credit for that and Redknapp should get less.

Who's Next?

Harold on Talk Sport. on 23:17 - Oct 1 with 830 viewsLoftusRdW12

Harold on Talk Sport. on 22:57 - Oct 1 by SomersetHoops

You are underlining another example of managerial incompetence. If it had been left up to Redknapp we would be in the Championship now and possibly facing massive fines and further relegation. It took Clint Hill to understand what needed to happen to give us a chance and sacrificed himself for the good of the team. He should get more credit for that and Redknapp should get less.

Im not sticking up for Harry here. Perhaps his approach to management is the reason behind our sketchy performances/poor form. I don't know.

I do think it's highly debatable whether Redknapps 'change of heart' at Wembley was a sign of weakness, or sign of strength. It almost certainly won us the game regardless.

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Harold on Talk Sport. on 23:26 - Oct 1 with 824 viewsPunteR

Harold on Talk Sport. on 23:17 - Oct 1 by LoftusRdW12

Im not sticking up for Harry here. Perhaps his approach to management is the reason behind our sketchy performances/poor form. I don't know.

I do think it's highly debatable whether Redknapps 'change of heart' at Wembley was a sign of weakness, or sign of strength. It almost certainly won us the game regardless.

It was a sign of , he just does what the players want to do. Another example was to revert to 4 at the back,even though 2 of those back 4 would prefer to play 3.???!! He's not making much sense to me.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Harold on Talk Sport. on 23:41 - Oct 1 with 796 viewsMark1

Pulis for me,he'll bring stability and fight to the team and hopefully keep us up.

Harold's had more than enough time, that Fernandez can't see this is ridiculous.
Harold on Talk Sport. on 09:30 - Oct 2 with 689 viewsdaveB

Harold on Talk Sport. on 23:26 - Oct 1 by PunteR

It was a sign of , he just does what the players want to do. Another example was to revert to 4 at the back,even though 2 of those back 4 would prefer to play 3.???!! He's not making much sense to me.

That's why players love playing for him, he gives them the responsibility to make decisions and play with freedom. Perhaps nowadays players need a lot more hand holding which is probably why he opts for more experienced players
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024