Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd 12:09 - Oct 1 with 3459 viewsKonk

Another former United player, Rio Ferdinand, has questioned why this work is necessary in light of the latest crowd figure.
Ferdinand wrote on Twitter: “How many empty seats are there at the city vs Roma game by the way....big CL game & fans would rather Ramsays Kitchen or something at home.
“Expanding the stadium for what though?? For who though???”

Er, they’re probably watching City on the telly, you dopey twa t. Maybe ordinary people can’t afford to keep shelling out a mint to watch their teams? And City are probably expanding the stadium because they more or less sell it out every week.

I thought he was meant to be the brains of the family?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:21 - Oct 1 with 2675 viewspaulparker

City are a big club, they have a core of around 28k , like we have a core of 12-13k who will follow us what ever division we play
IMHO they have yet to hit the overseas market where they can flog tickets to chinless wonders from asia or the market where they have divs from cornwell & cork coming to see them, they are about 10 years from being where Man Utd are in terms of that support
for Rio to have a pop at working class fans not selling out a stadium is a disgrace and shows how out of touch he is, it costs a small fortune for the average working man to go to football to line the pockets of the likes of Ferdinand and chums
the whole of football is geared for armchair fans , especially the champions league and its format
Im no stan collymore lover but he is bang on the money when he speaks about fans being taken for mugs re ticket prices

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:24 - Oct 1 with 2657 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Most fans aren't flush, and don't have the time to allow a second job, Rio. Speaking of which - how's yer main job going for you?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:29 - Oct 1 with 2626 viewsYorkRanger

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:24 - Oct 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Most fans aren't flush, and don't have the time to allow a second job, Rio. Speaking of which - how's yer main job going for you?

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:33 - Oct 1 with 2609 viewsWestbourneR

When he is playing for a club that often doesn't fill it's 18k capacity I think he's on dodgy ground.

He really didn't need to comment. He should spend his time doing shuttle runs instead.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:35 - Oct 1 with 2589 viewssimmo

We had this discussion in the office this morning. To be fair with only one other home game in the month and an intl break ahead, there's not much excuse to miss this if you're a fan. Christmas and Championship schedules I can understand to pick and choose, but when there's only 4 games in a month you should make your home ones, especially in Europe.

Besides, who wouldnt want to see Roma come to your place and play??
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 12:35]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:41 - Oct 1 with 2559 viewsQPunkR

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:35 - Oct 1 by simmo

We had this discussion in the office this morning. To be fair with only one other home game in the month and an intl break ahead, there's not much excuse to miss this if you're a fan. Christmas and Championship schedules I can understand to pick and choose, but when there's only 4 games in a month you should make your home ones, especially in Europe.

QPR - "shit but local"

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:48 - Oct 1 with 2523 viewspaulparker

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:35 - Oct 1 by simmo

Get what your saying Simmo the problem is that City are playing a league game (ok I know its champions lge) but its game 2 and nothing is at stake at the moment
I bet if it were under the old style European cup the place would have been packed out,
the champions league & the whole European format is a crock of sh*t

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:51 - Oct 1 with 2512 viewssimmo

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:48 - Oct 1 by paulparker

Get what your saying Simmo the problem is that City are playing a league game (ok I know its champions lge) but its game 2 and nothing is at stake at the moment
I bet if it were under the old style European cup the place would have been packed out,
the champions league & the whole European format is a crock of sh*t

Yeah I get that, hence why I didn't even bother watching it on TV, but how long did they wait for success and European football to come back to Man City? Now they are there they can't even get a decent crowd together? TV and weekday aside, it's not as if it's not a big name or a European stalwart they are playing - 10-15 years ago they would have dreamed of having Roma at home.

Login to get fewer ads

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:57 - Oct 1 with 2488 viewspaulparker

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:51 - Oct 1 by simmo

Yeah I get that, hence why I didn't even bother watching it on TV, but how long did they wait for success and European football to come back to Man City? Now they are there they can't even get a decent crowd together? TV and weekday aside, it's not as if it's not a big name or a European stalwart they are playing - 10-15 years ago they would have dreamed of having Roma at home.

they have had 5 seasons I think of champs League and pretty much every year they pull out the same teams in the league format , that's got to have an effect
its like I said earlier simmo, they have a hard core support of 28k they haven't tapped up the overseas or the home counties support like Man utd have , that will still take them a few years , so the support they had last night is about right for them ie hardcore and not glory hunters,

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 13:01 - Oct 1 with 2472 viewsKonk

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:51 - Oct 1 by simmo

How about:

City should be in the CL for the foreseeable, so Roma in an early group game is hardly a must-see fixture. They'll no doubt play them again in a few years. As PP says, the bloated format of European competitions* means that people don’t have interest in early group games — Chelsea can only fill the Bridge for their group games because London has an endless supply of day-trippers. Liverpool seem to fill Anfield with locals who can't get tickets for League matches, as a lot of long distance ST holders don't bother with Europa League/CL group games. My City mate has stopped travelling back and spending money he doesn't have for most of their CL group games precisely because their involvement isn't likely to be a one-off - and that's someone who used to go to all their pre-season overseas trips.

Money — it costs a mint watching football and people don’t have bottomless pockets.

Some people might just have fancied saving themselves a few bob and possibly time off work, so were happy to watch it on their sofa. That's what televised football's for, Rio; did they not explain that to you at the BBC?

When footballers, managers and the media start criticising fans for not turning-up, they can all go fu ck themselves. We’re not morally obliged to spend a fortune watching these cu nts and if we choose not to, then tough fu cking shi t. City averaged 30k during their season in the 3rd division, so there’s nothing wrong with their support.

*And there's a bloated format because football wants to make as much money out of the competition as possible, so that the top clubs can pay their players, managers and officials ever more ridiculous salaries. So if punters decide to take advantage of the blanket TV coverage of largely meaningless games rather than shell-out yet more money to watch their side, then what right does anyone who's benefited from that TV money have to complain about stay away fans?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 13:12]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 13:06 - Oct 1 with 2447 viewsQPunkR

Konk:

QPR - "shit but local"

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 14:30 - Oct 1 with 2280 viewsbosh67

Dear Rio

Lay off the twitter, media, toss book, and do your talking on the football pitch.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 14:37 - Oct 1 with 2256 viewslondonscottish

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:24 - Oct 1 by BrianMcCarthy

He says the tweeting's going fine, thanks.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 14:39 - Oct 1 with 2247 viewssimmo

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 13:01 - Oct 1 by Konk

How about:

City should be in the CL for the foreseeable, so Roma in an early group game is hardly a must-see fixture. They'll no doubt play them again in a few years. As PP says, the bloated format of European competitions* means that people don’t have interest in early group games — Chelsea can only fill the Bridge for their group games because London has an endless supply of day-trippers. Liverpool seem to fill Anfield with locals who can't get tickets for League matches, as a lot of long distance ST holders don't bother with Europa League/CL group games. My City mate has stopped travelling back and spending money he doesn't have for most of their CL group games precisely because their involvement isn't likely to be a one-off - and that's someone who used to go to all their pre-season overseas trips.

Money — it costs a mint watching football and people don’t have bottomless pockets.

Some people might just have fancied saving themselves a few bob and possibly time off work, so were happy to watch it on their sofa. That's what televised football's for, Rio; did they not explain that to you at the BBC?

When footballers, managers and the media start criticising fans for not turning-up, they can all go fu ck themselves. We’re not morally obliged to spend a fortune watching these cu nts and if we choose not to, then tough fu cking shi t. City averaged 30k during their season in the 3rd division, so there’s nothing wrong with their support.

*And there's a bloated format because football wants to make as much money out of the competition as possible, so that the top clubs can pay their players, managers and officials ever more ridiculous salaries. So if punters decide to take advantage of the blanket TV coverage of largely meaningless games rather than shell-out yet more money to watch their side, then what right does anyone who's benefited from that TV money have to complain about stay away fans?
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 13:12]

Yeah, but APART from that?

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 14:52 - Oct 1 with 2216 viewskingsburyR

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:41 - Oct 1 by QPunkR

Is he asking to come back on?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 14:59 - Oct 1 with 2209 viewshopphoops

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 12:21 - Oct 1 by paulparker

City are a big club, they have a core of around 28k , like we have a core of 12-13k who will follow us what ever division we play
IMHO they have yet to hit the overseas market where they can flog tickets to chinless wonders from asia or the market where they have divs from cornwell & cork coming to see them, they are about 10 years from being where Man Utd are in terms of that support
for Rio to have a pop at working class fans not selling out a stadium is a disgrace and shows how out of touch he is, it costs a small fortune for the average working man to go to football to line the pockets of the likes of Ferdinand and chums
the whole of football is geared for armchair fans , especially the champions league and its format
Im no stan collymore lover but he is bang on the money when he speaks about fans being taken for mugs re ticket prices

the clubs that have really made it in modern football are the ones that dominate https://twitter.com/W@nkersFullKit - almost all ManU, Liverpool, Arse, Scum. (One very special Villan there too )

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 15:30 - Oct 1 with 2160 viewsHayesender

Do the honourable thing Rio and admit you're past it and retire with immediate affect

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 15:54 - Oct 1 with 2126 viewsbatmanhoop

Scholes last night on ITV mentioned the City crowd at least half a dozen times. Even at half-time when Chiles mentioned the good atmosphere, Scholes had another dig, saying the noise was coming from the Roma fans
Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 16:11 - Oct 1 with 2106 viewstraininvain

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 15:54 - Oct 1 by batmanhoop

Scholes last night on ITV mentioned the City crowd at least half a dozen times. Even at half-time when Chiles mentioned the good atmosphere, Scholes had another dig, saying the noise was coming from the Roma fans

Sh1t pundit. Looks scared of the camera.
Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 16:56 - Oct 1 with 2043 viewsWestbourneR

Hunches into a ball and disappears.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 17:11 - Oct 1 with 2007 viewsJamie

As said, partly an overly bloated competition like the new EC qualifiers being played infront of 2 men and an Alsatian, and from looking on a City forum, having paid £60 a time to watch Bayern, CSKA & Plzen last season, they don't fancy paying £60 a time to watch Bayern, CSKA & Roma this season.

As for Ferdinand, he's beaten only by Rooney in the head in the clouds stakes.
Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 18:53 - Oct 1 with 1889 viewsSpiritofGregory

Maybe fans are fed up of handing their hard earned cash over to a bunch if greedy bastards.
Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 19:34 - Oct 1 with 1844 viewsFredManRave

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 14:39 - Oct 1 by simmo

Yeah, but APART from that?

Well there's Yaya's birthday cake costs to be taken into account. That won't be cheap.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2014 19:35]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 19:50 - Oct 1 with 1818 viewsbatmanhoop

be interesting Fulhams gate tonight
Ferdinand's comments on Man City crowd on 20:43 - Oct 1 with 1752 viewssmegma

In Citehs defence, at least they deserve to be in the competition as last time I looked it was called the UEFA Champions League.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024