Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need a win against West Ham 01:11 - Oct 2 with 4724 viewsqueensparker

My God, we really do. Never seen this forum so angry, questioning the whole nature of supporting QPR itself, asking about new non-league teams to follow, picking up on quotes from the club and going mental like the missus in the depths of PMT.

A good win. A thrashing. A nice 3-0 away at West Ham, like that one in the Les era when we sang to Martin Allen "you should have stayed at the Rangers" and took the p*ss for 90 minutes. Two for Charlie, a piledriver from Vargas, Rio and 'Arry keeping a low profile against their "home club", Fer hitting the crossbar from the halfway line, Karl Henry neutralising Sam's midfield, Hoilett running the wing, a chance to laugh at some angry Hammers for a change, and other results meaning we fly into mid-table.

You never know
We need a win against West Ham on 04:57 - Oct 2 with 4034 viewsHongKongR

Completely agree. Especially with the International break and then games against Liverpool, City and Chelsea coming up in quick succession afterwards!
We need a win against West Ham on 06:21 - Oct 2 with 4015 viewsDevon_4_England

I remember a lovely 4 - 0 win in the Les era where we had been given about 500 tickets due to be building works so there were QPR dotted around the home ends.

I was about 17 at the time and took my 10 year brother and he got in as a junior hammer pay on the day for about a fiver and stood down the front of the North Bank with the other young fans while I stood further back surrounded by some of West Ham's finest.

As each goal went in he would look round at me with a beaming smile on his face which luckily for me didn't get clocked by the lads around me who were spitting feathers.

Notable mention to Dave Mac before kick off who i spotted stroll past in the North Bank with a Rangers shirt on.

Great day.

Taking my Son on Sunday for an early 10th birthday present so hopefully another win to add to the collection before they move grounds.

3 - 1 Rangers.
We need a win against West Ham on 06:55 - Oct 2 with 3981 viewsjonno

Yes, we certainly need a win. Unfortunately, all the evidence so far indicates that we will yet again start the game with the wrong players, approach and tactics and will therefore roll over and lose comfortably without putting up a fight.
We need a win against West Ham on 08:01 - Oct 2 with 3912 viewsjohnhoop

A win would be great and desperately needed but given that this is Rio and Harry's emotional return to Upton Park and a key part of Rio's "Testimonial season" how could we possibly go and spoil it for them by beating West Ham ?
We need a win against West Ham on 08:07 - Oct 2 with 3902 viewskropotkin41

I'm pretty sure that this morning Harry will explain to the world all of the reasons why we're not going to get a win........... and that'll be that.

Hope I'm wrong

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

We need a win against West Ham on 08:11 - Oct 2 with 3895 viewsWokingR

Not sure things are quite as angry yet as the Hughes/Bosingwa period
We've certainly not got to the stage where the team have been booed off the pitch yet which became an almost regular occurence at that time
We need a win against West Ham on 08:46 - Oct 2 with 3838 viewsToast_R

Can see it being the same as last time we went there. Go there and treat West Ham like their Barcelona let them have all the possession, sit back rarely venture out of our half and hope for a lucky break before eventually capitulating.

If we score a goal I will be very surprised.
We need a win against West Ham on 08:55 - Oct 2 with 3817 viewsqueensparker

We need a win against West Ham on 06:21 - Oct 2 by Devon_4_England

I remember a lovely 4 - 0 win in the Les era where we had been given about 500 tickets due to be building works so there were QPR dotted around the home ends.

I was about 17 at the time and took my 10 year brother and he got in as a junior hammer pay on the day for about a fiver and stood down the front of the North Bank with the other young fans while I stood further back surrounded by some of West Ham's finest.

As each goal went in he would look round at me with a beaming smile on his face which luckily for me didn't get clocked by the lads around me who were spitting feathers.

Notable mention to Dave Mac before kick off who i spotted stroll past in the North Bank with a Rangers shirt on.

Great day.

Taking my Son on Sunday for an early 10th birthday present so hopefully another win to add to the collection before they move grounds.

3 - 1 Rangers.

I was at that as well (in the home end somewhere), had been away from England for six months and it was the day I got back. What a welcome home. One of my favourite Rangers games ever.
Login to get fewer ads

We need a win against West Ham on 09:28 - Oct 2 with 3745 viewsDiscodroids

We need a win against West Ham on 06:21 - Oct 2 by Devon_4_England

Great day.

3 - 1 Rangers.

was in the north bank that day, remember a darren peacock header in the first half, and a cheeky close range effort from gary penrice before sir les went on the rampage.

poor old colin foster!, les took him on the bend like peitro mennea circa 1980 and scored a beauty.

how those jovial east enders around me laughed with joy!.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

We need a win against West Ham on 11:10 - Oct 2 with 3626 viewsAntti_Heinola

We need a win against West Ham on 08:55 - Oct 2 by queensparker

I was at that as well (in the home end somewhere), had been away from England for six months and it was the day I got back. What a welcome home. One of my favourite Rangers games ever.

Me too. Was in the home end and went with a minibus full of West Ham fans. Luckily they did give me a lift back afterwards as i knew better than to rub it in. Wonderful performance. Classic Rangers of that period.

Bare bones.

We need a win against West Ham on 12:14 - Oct 2 with 3576 viewsrosseeles

I watched the West Ham V Liverpool match a couple of weeks ago and they battered Liverpool in the first half, could have been 3/4 up easily. If they play half as well as that we'll be in big trouble
We need a win against West Ham on 12:19 - Oct 2 with 3564 viewsJAPRANGERS

Need a win against West Ham?? Sure we do but we won't though will we for this bonus match. Probably we will get well turned over by the 'ammers to the tune of 4-0 or 5-1. You can just see it.
We need a win against West Ham on 12:24 - Oct 2 with 3549 viewsR_from_afar

So true that we need a win. Morale is spiralling ever downwards, both on the pitch and in the stands.

Anything less than a point and we will probably lose touch with the teams outside the drop zone.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

We need a win against West Ham on 12:26 - Oct 2 with 3543 viewsFrankMac

sadly feel that in the long run best thing to happen on sunday would be a season-ending injury to rio ferdinand
We need a win against West Ham on 12:28 - Oct 2 with 3528 viewspaulparker

we will get beat as we cannot defend set pieces,
big sam & co will be rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of facing us
toothless up top & in defence it all points to a 2-0 defeat

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

We need a win against West Ham on 12:33 - Oct 2 with 3504 viewsQPR_ARG

Nobody can change my mind regarding Harry. I'm convinced he is not the man to lead this football club.

He's, yet again, bringing me to the point in which I think a win here will be like fighting cancer with an aspirin.

Not even a short-term solution. I don't think winning there will suddenly solve all the problems and I've made up my mind thinking what we really need is a fresh start with someone fresh.

That being said, I'll never hope for a QPR defeat and the owner seems to be happy with Harry, so sacking him it's not even a possibility (at the moment and the way I see it), even if we lose by plenty on Sunday. There will always be a new excuse and Tony is fast becoming more excuse-friendly than Harry himself.

Hating this situation.
We need a win against West Ham on 12:34 - Oct 2 with 3503 viewsessextaxiboy

We need a win against West Ham on 12:26 - Oct 2 by FrankMac

sadly feel that in the long run best thing to happen on sunday would be a season-ending injury to rio ferdinand

Jeez (bostonr esque )
We need a win against West Ham on 12:53 - Oct 2 with 3457 viewsparker64

That last visit was dispiriting. Freezing cold, wet, crap view. Started well, great finish from Remy and then he's put in some sort of right defensive midfielder position. Bulldozered out of it by the Hammers. Not sure the ball came down our end in the second half.
We need a win against West Ham on 13:14 - Oct 2 with 3407 viewsRangersw12

We need a win against West Ham on 12:34 - Oct 2 by essextaxiboy

Jeez (bostonr esque )

Probably the only way Redknapp will drop him
We need a win against West Ham on 13:40 - Oct 2 with 3351 viewsDANRANGER

Haven't a clue what he will do Sunday. The way he talks about Isla and Traore and the whole back 3 back 4 subject, he's mugging himself off without even realising it. He either plays a back 3 with Caulker/Rio/Nedum or a back 4 with Nedum at right back and Hill left back with 2 holding midfielders, play compact, and park the bus and hope to catch them on the break.

Basically either go for it, or don't. Please please please don't just send them out in the hope that they will play well and be better than the oppo on the day as it won't happen as we are not. I think the word I'm looking for is TACTICS!! someone pass on to Harry and Bondy. Man for man right now, we are not better than 17 teams in this league so it's going to take a little bit more to get the points to stay up.

Although it's clearly the players fault, right. We live in hope.
We need a win against West Ham on 14:14 - Oct 2 with 3300 viewsFrankMac

then isn't it time for all fans to make a reasoned and passionate plea to TF to re-consider his loyalty to HR and point out that long-serving managers like Wenger and Ferguson didn't achieve success because they were long-serving, but were long-serving because they achieved success. Get rid of the lying charlatan asap
We need a win against West Ham on 14:26 - Oct 2 with 3281 viewsWeaverQPR

Our powder puff midfield will get eaten alive as per usual.

@WeavQPR

We need a win against West Ham on 14:34 - Oct 2 with 3273 viewsDiscodroids

with all my mob of family and mates being season ticket holders at beautiful downtown upton park, if we get tonked, i'll have to do a kenny noye and do a moonlight flit to fuengirola and a london pub where the landlord, stan, asks no questions.

on the life of violet kray knickers harold...PLEASE DONT FU CK THIS ONE UP!
[Post edited 2 Oct 2014 14:35]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

We need a win against West Ham on 14:38 - Oct 2 with 3260 viewsEastR

a 6 pointer

and

a must win

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

We need a win against West Ham on 16:02 - Oct 2 with 3162 viewshighleverhoopL

"A good win. A thrashing. A nice 3-0 away at West Ham, like that one in the Les era when we sang to Martin Allen "you should have stayed at the Rangers" and took the p*ss for 90 minutes. Two for Charlie, a piledriver from Vargas, Rio and 'Arry keeping a low profile against their "home club", Fer hitting the crossbar from the halfway line, Karl Henry neutralising Sam's midfield, Hoilett running the wing, a chance to laugh at some angry Hammers for a change, and other results meaning we fly into mid-table. "

I think it might be a good idea to break the Prozac in half next time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024