Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much are we missing Joey Barton? 19:12 - Oct 6 with 7705 viewsBilly_Kershaw

Given our atrocious start, how much do people feel we have been missing Barton in the last few games? Considering he has been so widely praised for his attitude, presence and team-building qualities last season, would we be bottom if Joey had been available?

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 19:22 - Oct 6 with 6229 viewsQPR_ARG

Alejandro Faurlin.

That's who we're missing.
How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 19:25 - Oct 6 with 6217 viewsBasingstokeR

We are starting the best 11 to start based on 'reputation' whether that's the best "team" or even the fittest available team to last 90mins.
How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 09:35 - Oct 9 with 6023 viewsBlue_Castello

Well it's a discussion thread that divides opinion between the ones who can appreciate what Barton brings on the football pitch and the ones who just hate Barton for being Barton.

Surely there's no question we've missed his drive and enthusiasm on the pitch, he encourages other players which is badly needed at the moment, more like a kick up the backside would help.

We played our best football so far this season with him in the team, if only some people could stop banging on about " Hollywood passes" and appreciate the 90 minute performance.

The Wet Spam game was an embarrassment on every level which was highlighted superbly in Clive's match report, one of the main deficiencies in that team looked as if there was not one leader on the pitch.

Barton may not be Mr popular for some people but he brings a lot of qualities to the team and that's what we're missing a TEAM

Ps....Sandro is this years disaster of a transfer, when will we learn to not buy players who have had very bad recent injury records and to cap it all very likely NOT give him a proper medical. IF he had been on a Free transfer then fine But 6-10 million, he doesn't look any better than Karl Henry.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2014 9:37]
How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 09:43 - Oct 9 with 5996 viewsWokingR

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 09:35 - Oct 9 by Blue_Castello

Well it's a discussion thread that divides opinion between the ones who can appreciate what Barton brings on the football pitch and the ones who just hate Barton for being Barton.

Surely there's no question we've missed his drive and enthusiasm on the pitch, he encourages other players which is badly needed at the moment, more like a kick up the backside would help.

We played our best football so far this season with him in the team, if only some people could stop banging on about " Hollywood passes" and appreciate the 90 minute performance.

The Wet Spam game was an embarrassment on every level which was highlighted superbly in Clive's match report, one of the main deficiencies in that team looked as if there was not one leader on the pitch.

Barton may not be Mr popular for some people but he brings a lot of qualities to the team and that's what we're missing a TEAM

Ps....Sandro is this years disaster of a transfer, when will we learn to not buy players who have had very bad recent injury records and to cap it all very likely NOT give him a proper medical. IF he had been on a Free transfer then fine But 6-10 million, he doesn't look any better than Karl Henry.

+1
This has to up there as one of the best, most sensible and reasoned posts I've ever read on here
How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 09:57 - Oct 9 with 5967 viewsDevonWhite

You do get the impression we're a better side with him in it. I'm not totally sure that's borne out in the results but we do seem to have more fight and urgency when he plays.

That said, he played the whole 90 mins at Spurs and we were abject.
How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 10:27 - Oct 9 with 5882 viewsjohncharles

Joey could surround the referee on his own.

Strong and stable my arse.

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 10:29 - Oct 9 with 5874 viewsTacticalR

I think it depends which Barton you are getting. The more focused on one task he is, the better he seems to be. During the home games against Hull and Sunderland I have thought more than once it's good to have someone so dedicated to defence.

Air hostess clique

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 10:49 - Oct 9 with 5830 viewsPinnerPaul

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 09:35 - Oct 9 by Blue_Castello

Agree with every word - well said that man.
Login to get fewer ads

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 11:47 - Oct 9 with 5741 viewsdaveB

what he gives the team is organisation as he pulls people into position and talks to team mates in the game. On paper he's probably not a first choice anymore but we're woeful without him, average with him so better off when he comes back
How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 11:58 - Oct 9 with 5721 viewsPinnerPaul

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 11:47 - Oct 9 by daveB

what he gives the team is organisation as he pulls people into position and talks to team mates in the game. On paper he's probably not a first choice anymore but we're woeful without him, average with him so better off when he comes back

On paper or grass, he's my first name on the team sheet Dave
How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 12:18 - Oct 9 with 5678 viewssimmo

Yeah he's such a fckin TEAM player that he went to watch Everton instead of being with his team mates and imparting his amazing motivational skills.

If anybody thinks we will be a completely different team with him in it, you're mistaken. We wouldn't have got a point at Stoke for one, seeing as King Barton would have taken the free kicks.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 12:42 - Oct 9 with 5633 viewsjohncharles

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 11:47 - Oct 9 by daveB

Talking to your team mates. So obvious and yet I can't remember any during the whole West Ham game. Not saying they didn't but nothing memorable. Green did a bit of shouting but not nearly enough. But the again, he never does.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2014 12:45]

Strong and stable my arse.

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 12:48 - Oct 9 with 5608 viewsR_from_afar

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 09:43 - Oct 9 by WokingR

+1
This has to up there as one of the best, most sensible and reasoned posts I've ever read on here

Yes agreed except the bit about Karl Henry. A difficult player to idolise because he has an ugly role but at least he can tackle, is fit and appears to be trying. He has even scored a goal for us.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 12:49 - Oct 9 with 5605 viewsPinnerPaul

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 12:18 - Oct 9 by simmo

Yeah he's such a fckin TEAM player that he went to watch Everton instead of being with his team mates and imparting his amazing motivational skills.

If anybody thinks we will be a completely different team with him in it, you're mistaken. We wouldn't have got a point at Stoke for one, seeing as King Barton would have taken the free kicks.

Evidence doesn't back you up Simmo.

We've (mostly) been a much better team with rather than without him
How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 12:52 - Oct 9 with 5595 viewsFredManRave

If his latest tweets are anything to go by then we should see a spike in his performance when he does actually return. Apparantely he was at Stamford Bridge yesterday listening to speakers discussing elite performance, "Fascinating".

Still, I appreciate his tweet from the day before, "A society grows great when old men plant trees they will never see". I think the original quote was from David Bellamy.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2014 12:53]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 12:53 - Oct 9 with 5589 viewsPhilmyRs

Not as good as he thinks he is, but in terms of effort, commitment and desire he’s probably the best we’ve got. Given we’ve shown a lack of desire and commitment on the pitch in recent weeks, I think he has been missed, but someone like Adel Tarrabt has more chance of saving our season than Joey Barton in my opinion.
How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 13:07 - Oct 9 with 5553 viewssimmo

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 12:49 - Oct 9 by PinnerPaul

Evidence doesn't back you up Simmo.

We've (mostly) been a much better team with rather than without him

I don't disagree in theory, we have generally played as a better team with him in it than without, despite the fact I don't think he's as good as other players we have available for his position now. But bringing Barton, or anybody else in won't change the fact we still don't play in a dedicated system or with a certain formation. As someone said before we could have Di Maria and Falcao in the team and we would still be bottom of the league, new/different players won't change that.

I also have no time for Barton off the pitch, and I don't think the two should be seperated so readily. I think he's another problem for the club that we could do without, with his twitter rants, calling out of opposition, etc. How you can he be an apparent captain/leader and go to a different game when we're in the relegation zone and playing?? It's indicative of how much these players actually give a sht about QPR, i.e. not very much.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 13:07 - Oct 9 with 5550 viewsBilly_Kershaw

Thanks for the responses. Although he ain't perfect, I think our "gelling" team has missed him and I hope he is back soon.

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 13:16 - Oct 9 with 5531 viewsingeminate

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 13:07 - Oct 9 by Billy_Kershaw

Thanks for the responses. Although he ain't perfect, I think our "gelling" team has missed him and I hope he is back soon.

We've got rowan vine
W've got rowan vine
We've got rowan
We've got rowan
We've got rowan vine

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 15:03 - Oct 9 with 5432 viewsPinnerPaul

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 12:52 - Oct 9 by FredManRave

If his latest tweets are anything to go by then we should see a spike in his performance when he does actually return. Apparantely he was at Stamford Bridge yesterday listening to speakers discussing elite performance, "Fascinating".

Still, I appreciate his tweet from the day before, "A society grows great when old men plant trees they will never see". I think the original quote was from David Bellamy.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2014 12:53]

That's the whole point - his tweets don't both bother me........I don't use twitter.

Whatever he tweets - it has s*d all to do with what he does on the pitch.
How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 17:43 - Oct 9 with 5330 viewsTacticalR

Now is the time for bold men to step forward

Air hostess clique

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 17:58 - Oct 9 with 5303 viewsBklynRanger

Somewhere midway between 'like a hole in the head' and 'not as much as he thinks we are'. So a bit, yeah.
How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 18:15 - Oct 9 with 5281 viewsTGRRRSSS

WEll it's wouldn't doo too much harm other than the chances of red cards will go up as people tend to try and goad him.
How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 18:24 - Oct 9 with 5259 viewsPinnerPaul

How much are we missing Joey Barton? on 13:07 - Oct 9 by simmo

I don't disagree in theory, we have generally played as a better team with him in it than without, despite the fact I don't think he's as good as other players we have available for his position now. But bringing Barton, or anybody else in won't change the fact we still don't play in a dedicated system or with a certain formation. As someone said before we could have Di Maria and Falcao in the team and we would still be bottom of the league, new/different players won't change that.

I also have no time for Barton off the pitch, and I don't think the two should be seperated so readily. I think he's another problem for the club that we could do without, with his twitter rants, calling out of opposition, etc. How you can he be an apparent captain/leader and go to a different game when we're in the relegation zone and playing?? It's indicative of how much these players actually give a sht about QPR, i.e. not very much.

Agree with the first paragraph, not so much the 2nd.

I think we will improve with him in the team but I agree there is an awful lot of improving to do!
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:42 - Oct 9 with 5186 viewsrichranger

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024