Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More of the Same 12:05 - Oct 8 with 3071 viewsexiled_dictator

Being reported in the papers today that Harry is after both Adebayor & Defoe in the January transfer window.
We all know Adebayor don't even get out of bed for less than £100k a week, and needs two people to lace his boots, and we have seemingly been linked with Defoe ever since Harry turned up.
Defoe always struck me as a player with goals in him, and I reckon he could still do a job in the Premiership, but why did none of the lesser Premiership clubs pick him up before? His wage demands too high? 214 goals in 524 English appearances, but now 32. Still scored 12 in 17 games in Canada, but I have no idea of the level out there. Other than cold.
I am far less keen on Adebayor, whose goal scoring record is not as good, and always struck me as lazy, seemingly drifting out of games far too often.
Yes to Defoe, as long as it's not silly wages, he earns £90k a week in Toronto

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2514233/Jermain-Defoe-quit-Tot

And didn't sign for us in the summer due to those high wage demands.

No to Adebayor; seems like a mercenary to me.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

More of the Same on 12:07 - Oct 8 with 2425 viewsdaveB

Defoe is a certainty, the club said as much at the end of the last window. I don't see why Adebyaor would leave a top 6 club to come to this shambles
More of the Same on 12:19 - Oct 8 with 2351 viewspaulparker

More of the Same on 12:07 - Oct 8 by daveB

Defoe is a certainty, the club said as much at the end of the last window. I don't see why Adebyaor would leave a top 6 club to come to this shambles

and people argue about keeping Redknapp because they want long term stability,
I fear for this club if HR is still here come the January transfer window

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

More of the Same on 12:19 - Oct 8 with 2347 viewsJamie

Defoe doesn't earn £90k per week. MLS publish player salaries online.
More of the Same on 12:21 - Oct 8 with 2338 viewssimmo

DAILY MAIL LINK, FFS.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

More of the Same on 12:22 - Oct 8 with 2331 viewsDiscodroids

More of the Same on 12:07 - Oct 8 by daveB

harold really is the premiership version ofthe robert duvall character in appocoylpse now

opening up his pack of top trumps playing cards of 'footballers i have known and loved' to lay upon the corpses of , 'RIO' , 'yossi', bridge', 'JERMAIN', 'CROUCHIE' etc etc ......'jack of clubs', 'ace of spades', 'two of hearts'..and so on and so forth.

i love the smell of the transfer window in the mornings ..smells like premiership carrion.. the stench of mercenary gun slinger for hire by the worried townsfolk of loftus road and hung out and aged on the radiators in the boardroom.

youre a glorified errand boy harold..sent by the chief clerk to collect a bill we simply cannot afford.

*note to new goldblock f member , see rules of lfw no# 9 in your welcome thread re daily mail.everything is in order as you can see.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 12:34]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

More of the Same on 12:24 - Oct 8 with 2324 viewswhittocksRs

If we sign Adebayor, I think I might stop coming to Rangers for a while. It's one thing for Redknapp to want him, another for Fernandes to sign off on another ridiculous deal.
More of the Same on 12:25 - Oct 8 with 2314 viewsBluce_Ree

I reckon if you played Football Manager 2008 using Harry's tactics and transfers you'd romp every competition.

Adebayor and Defoe. Jesus. Still, might as well. Austin won't be keeping us up with his goals.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

More of the Same on 12:32 - Oct 8 with 2264 viewsTHEBUSH

Don't want Defoe or Adebayor, hopefully this is just a shite paper story to wind us up.

We have enough of other teams casts off's, please no more.
Login to get fewer ads

More of the Same on 12:41 - Oct 8 with 2203 viewsTacticalR

More of the Same on 12:32 - Oct 8 by THEBUSH

Don't want Defoe or Adebayor, hopefully this is just a shite paper story to wind us up.

We have enough of other teams casts off's, please no more.

Spurs Old Boys, isn't it? Adeoldboy, marvellous.

Air hostess clique

More of the Same on 12:45 - Oct 8 with 2172 viewsAntti_Heinola

Adebayor - walking definition of the right sort. Ahem.
Defoe. 1 goal in his last 30 PL appearances. For a decent side.
No thanks.

Bare bones.

More of the Same on 12:48 - Oct 8 with 2148 viewsPinnerPaul

More of the Same on 12:19 - Oct 8 by paulparker

and people argue about keeping Redknapp because they want long term stability,
I fear for this club if HR is still here come the January transfer window

and of course any new manager won't buy anyone in January?
More of the Same on 12:51 - Oct 8 with 2126 viewsDiscodroids

More of the Same on 12:48 - Oct 8 by PinnerPaul

hopefully not 6 million holy beans of harold on a 32 year old defoe.

i wonder if he still does naked handstands after he makes love to his latest towie slapper..

good for the circulation he reckons.

also 'the guardian' is shit,.. see rule number #10..
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 12:55]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

More of the Same on 12:51 - Oct 8 with 2124 viewspaulparker

they may well do Pinner , Depends who it is, if it were say Karl Robinson I wouldn't have thought he would be signing over the hill players like Adebypoor
you seriously think keeping HR here to spend more money in January is a good thing ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

More of the Same on 12:55 - Oct 8 with 2088 viewsPinnerPaul

More of the Same on 12:51 - Oct 8 by Discodroids

hopefully not 6 million holy beans of harold on a 32 year old defoe.

i wonder if he still does naked handstands after he makes love to his latest towie slapper..

good for the circulation he reckons.

also 'the guardian' is shit,.. see rule number #10..
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 12:55]

I very much doubt ANY signing will be welcomed with open armed acclaim on here after this start to the season!

Same old, same old, whoever is the manager, just different names/mates/favourites - rearranging chairs on the Titantic.
More of the Same on 12:56 - Oct 8 with 2079 viewsJamie

Of course they might, but you would hope a new manager would prioritise ability over friendship, rather than vice versa.
More of the Same on 12:57 - Oct 8 with 2073 viewsPinnerPaul

More of the Same on 12:51 - Oct 8 by paulparker

they may well do Pinner , Depends who it is, if it were say Karl Robinson I wouldn't have thought he would be signing over the hill players like Adebypoor
you seriously think keeping HR here to spend more money in January is a good thing ?

No I don't now in fact, just think its naive to think that much will really change.
More of the Same on 12:57 - Oct 8 with 2071 viewsDiscodroids

More of the Same on 12:55 - Oct 8 by PinnerPaul

I very much doubt ANY signing will be welcomed with open armed acclaim on here after this start to the season!

Same old, same old, whoever is the manager, just different names/mates/favourites - rearranging chairs on the Titantic.

well at least under a new manager we wont be playing any more 'away' games at wembley to bolst his piss poor win percentages/stats.

More of the Same on 13:01 - Oct 8 with 2052 viewspaulparker

More of the Same on 12:55 - Oct 8 by PinnerPaul

its not Pinner,
its about having a long term vision of how to play, what formations we use, what tactics we use, how to properly defend & attack set pieces, coaching, youth players
what players to buy, ie not crocks or old favourites
how to win away
non of that applies to HR , he has had nearly 3 years to stamp his authority
its not working Pinner and its not going to get better with our last of the summer wine coaching team either
we need a young manager , a manager who wants to be here , a manger we can give 5 years to build something
if you talk about same old same old that's gonna be Arrys buys in January if he is still here ,

More of the Same on 13:02 - Oct 8 with 2051 viewsPinnerPaul

More of the Same on 12:57 - Oct 8 by Discodroids

well at least under a new manager we wont be playing any more 'away' games at wembley to bolst his piss poor win percentages/stats.

Ohh that's a low one disco!

Seriously, is there not a tiny (maybe not so tiny) bit of you that thinks it will all be the same.

Certainly players will be exactly the same until Jan - some will get more game time, some less.

I do think we should change manager, just not over optimistic that it will do any good
More of the Same on 13:07 - Oct 8 with 2020 viewsElHoop

Do Championship Manager managers have to deal with what the Daily Mail dreams up every day?
More of the Same on 13:10 - Oct 8 with 2006 viewsDiscodroids

More of the Same on 13:02 - Oct 8 by PinnerPaul

Ohh that's a low one disco!

Seriously, is there not a tiny (maybe not so tiny) bit of you that thinks it will all be the same.

Certainly players will be exactly the same until Jan - some will get more game time, some less.

I do think we should change manager, just not over optimistic that it will do any good

fair enough paul, yourve got principles and you stick to them..perhaps he players could learn a thing or two from the resolve you show.

i would love to see kenny jacket here but he wouldnt be given the time he needs to build the club from the floorboards up.i fear it will be another big name who finds himself in reduced circumstances.

we both love our club mate.

More of the Same on 13:11 - Oct 8 with 2007 viewsrichpr

Both too OLD and OVERPAID - 150k a week is at least £10 off a ticket
More of the Same on 13:21 - Oct 8 with 1953 viewssimmo

More of the Same on 12:22 - Oct 8 by Discodroids

harold really is the premiership version ofthe robert duvall character in appocoylpse now

opening up his pack of top trumps playing cards of 'footballers i have known and loved' to lay upon the corpses of , 'RIO' , 'yossi', bridge', 'JERMAIN', 'CROUCHIE' etc etc ......'jack of clubs', 'ace of spades', 'two of hearts'..and so on and so forth.

i love the smell of the transfer window in the mornings ..smells like premiership carrion.. the stench of mercenary gun slinger for hire by the worried townsfolk of loftus road and hung out and aged on the radiators in the boardroom.

youre a glorified errand boy harold..sent by the chief clerk to collect a bill we simply cannot afford.

*note to new goldblock f member , see rules of lfw no# 9 in your welcome thread re daily mail.everything is in order as you can see.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 12:34]

Quick and the Dead. What a movie.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

More of the Same on 13:26 - Oct 8 with 1940 viewsdolcelatte

More of the Same on 13:01 - Oct 8 by paulparker

its not Pinner,
its about having a long term vision of how to play, what formations we use, what tactics we use, how to properly defend & attack set pieces, coaching, youth players
what players to buy, ie not crocks or old favourites
how to win away
non of that applies to HR , he has had nearly 3 years to stamp his authority
its not working Pinner and its not going to get better with our last of the summer wine coaching team either
we need a young manager , a manager who wants to be here , a manger we can give 5 years to build something
if you talk about same old same old that's gonna be Arrys buys in January if he is still here ,

Point of order Harry joined us in November 2012 so that's not even 2 years. Might seem like 3.

Love

A Pedant.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

More of the Same on 15:44 - Oct 8 with 1719 viewsFrankMac

Agree total disaster if hr here for January window please tf get rid of him ASAP just can't bear hoping my team will lose matches just so manager gets what he deserves the sack
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024