Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans petition 09:28 - Oct 17 with 18948 viewssimmo

Now on over 150,000 signatures. Well done that club.

http://news.sky.com/story/1354775/petition-against-rapist-footballer-grows

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ched Evans petition on 19:12 - Nov 17 with 2913 viewsNorthernr

Ched Evans petition on 19:05 - Nov 17 by CHUBBS

I'll delete this if it descends into personal rows and abuse.
Ched Evans petition on 19:24 - Nov 17 with 2887 viewsCHUBBS

Ched Evans petition on 19:12 - Nov 17 by Northernr

I'll delete this if it descends into personal rows and abuse.

You must have lead a pretty sheltered life Clive if you consider a joky response as descending into abuse.
I just thought his response to my post was a little silly so i responded in kind.
I have no issues with Antti other than clearly disagreeing with his point of view,so there.
Ched Evans petition on 19:49 - Nov 17 with 2838 viewsBromleyHoop

Not that I'm necessarily commenting on this particular case but rape Cases get sent to court that shouldn't get sent to court because the Police are terrified of being criticised for failing to believe the victims. They therefor pass the buck on decision making to the CPS who, likewise are terrified of being criticised by women's groups and Politicians who put pressure on them to up the very low conviction rate for rape. This tends to be the case for cases where consent is the pivotal issue.

Cases then get presented to juries who tend to be the first people to apply some common sense to the whole process. Unfortunately some juries get bored after several days of legalese evidence and, by Friday afternoon, just want to give a verdict and go home.

Regarding this case, it is peculiar that the victim didn't initially report a rape. And if it's accepted that she was so out of it that she couldn't possibly consent then I find it almost impossible that her mental capacity deteriorated dramatically when Evans entered the room. I think it's a perverse decision by the jury and one that seems worthy of appeal.

I think Evans would be far better off trying to ply his trade in another country where rape convictions do not bar him from a football career. Somewhere in the old Eastern bloc maybe.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Ched Evans petition on 20:38 - Nov 17 with 2803 viewsCHUBBS

This woman previously accused rugby players and other sportsmen of rape(which was unfounded) yet she thought it a good idea to go back to the hotel room of some young alcohol fueled footballers.
After the terrible traumas she'd suffered during previous rapes,you'd think she'd be terrified to be alone in a dingy hotel room with drunk blokes she'd only just met.
Then during the case she makes comical tweets about how much dough she's gonna take them for,removes them and along with the police denies ever making them.
They all clearly lied as the proof is there to show they were her tweets.
Rape is terrible but when a woman can lie about an incident and have anonymity throughout whilst the innocent man is hung out to dry something is seriously wrong.
Was listening to a mother who's son went through a case where the girl felt cheap after sleeping with him then getting dumped,claimed rape the lad was charged.
Lost his job and most of his friends whilst awaiting trial before she admitted to someone she made it up as she felt used.
This was reported back to the police who then revealed she had previous for the same thing which the police knew yet didn't divulge at the time.
The charges were dropped but the previously charismatic confident lad became a reclusive manic depressive who tried to take his own life.
The stigma attached to it ruined his life while her name was never revealed publicly even after the evidence of her lies were revealed.
The law is wrong.
Oh and the mother said if she ever bumped into her in the street,she'd end up in prison because she wouldn't be able to stop herself from battering her.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2014 21:47]
Ched Evans petition on 20:59 - Nov 17 with 2775 viewsCHUBBS

And another thing,if consent is deemed objectionable when a woman has had a little to much to drink,we may as well start banging up 10,000 geezers a week starting with me.
I can't remember the last time i asked my missus for sex never mind when she's drunk
Ched Evans petition on 23:30 - Nov 17 with 2685 viewskensalriser

Ched Evans petition on 17:29 - Nov 17 by WeaverQPR

My pal nipped a burds arse on a night out as he walked past her, next thing two plods come in drag him out and arrest him for sexual assault. Worlds gone mad, you need written consent these days.

Perhaps your pal will learn in the future to keep his pervy hands to himself.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ched Evans petition on 23:53 - Nov 17 with 2674 viewsBluce_Ree

My pal nipped a burds arse on a night out as he walked past her, next thing two plods come in drag him out and arrest him for sexual assault. Worlds gone mad, you need written consent these days.

And if a bloke did that to your missus?

He's out of order.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Ched Evans petition on 07:05 - Nov 18 with 2620 viewsWeaverQPR

Ched Evans petition on 23:53 - Nov 17 by Bluce_Ree

And if a bloke did that to your missus?

He's out of order.

Fair point.

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans petition on 09:09 - Nov 18 with 2589 viewsBrianMcCarthy

“If having sex with a drunk woman is rape then thousands of men are guilty of rape every day."

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/pfai-solicitor-defends-con

On the general issue, and leaving aside the Evans case, a solicitor for the Irish PFA misses the point spectacularly.

I would have thought that if thousands of men have sex with a drunk woman they are guilty of having sex with a drunk woman. If, however, they rape a drunk woman then they are guilty of raping a drunk woman.

How in the name of Christ can someone trained in the law, or any man, confuse the two?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ched Evans petition on 09:31 - Nov 18 with 2570 viewsRangersw12

Ched Evans petition on 20:38 - Nov 17 by CHUBBS

This woman previously accused rugby players and other sportsmen of rape(which was unfounded) yet she thought it a good idea to go back to the hotel room of some young alcohol fueled footballers.
After the terrible traumas she'd suffered during previous rapes,you'd think she'd be terrified to be alone in a dingy hotel room with drunk blokes she'd only just met.
Then during the case she makes comical tweets about how much dough she's gonna take them for,removes them and along with the police denies ever making them.
They all clearly lied as the proof is there to show they were her tweets.
Rape is terrible but when a woman can lie about an incident and have anonymity throughout whilst the innocent man is hung out to dry something is seriously wrong.
Was listening to a mother who's son went through a case where the girl felt cheap after sleeping with him then getting dumped,claimed rape the lad was charged.
Lost his job and most of his friends whilst awaiting trial before she admitted to someone she made it up as she felt used.
This was reported back to the police who then revealed she had previous for the same thing which the police knew yet didn't divulge at the time.
The charges were dropped but the previously charismatic confident lad became a reclusive manic depressive who tried to take his own life.
The stigma attached to it ruined his life while her name was never revealed publicly even after the evidence of her lies were revealed.
The law is wrong.
Oh and the mother said if she ever bumped into her in the street,she'd end up in prison because she wouldn't be able to stop herself from battering her.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2014 21:47]

"This woman previously accused rugby players and other sportsmen of rape"

Says who ?
Ched Evans petition on 11:03 - Nov 18 with 2504 viewsNW5Hoop

Jesus, what a miserable thread this is.
Ched Evans petition on 11:05 - Nov 18 with 2501 viewsNW5Hoop

They did that because he sexually assaulted her. She was minding her own business, he thought it was his right to feel her up. The world's gone mad when men think they can grope or pinch a complete stranger just because they want to.
Ched Evans petition on 11:31 - Nov 18 with 2471 viewsCHUBBS

Ched Evans petition on 09:09 - Nov 18 by BrianMcCarthy

“If having sex with a drunk woman is rape then thousands of men are guilty of rape every day."

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/pfai-solicitor-defends-con

On the general issue, and leaving aside the Evans case, a solicitor for the Irish PFA misses the point spectacularly.

I would have thought that if thousands of men have sex with a drunk woman they are guilty of having sex with a drunk woman. If, however, they rape a drunk woman then they are guilty of raping a drunk woman.

How in the name of Christ can someone trained in the law, or any man, confuse the two?

"I would have thought that if thousands of men have sex with a drunk woman they are guilty of having sex with a drunk woman."

That's only if the drunk woman who gave consent doesn't decide to change her mind the next day when she sobers up.
Ched Evans petition on 13:36 - Nov 18 with 2408 viewsRangersw12

Ched Evans petition on 11:31 - Nov 18 by CHUBBS

"I would have thought that if thousands of men have sex with a drunk woman they are guilty of having sex with a drunk woman."

That's only if the drunk woman who gave consent doesn't decide to change her mind the next day when she sobers up.

You failed to answer this question regarding the Ched Evans case

"This woman previously accused rugby players and other sportsmen of rape"

Says who ?
Ched Evans petition on 21:49 - Nov 20 with 2315 viewsQPR1882

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2843092/Sheffield-United-retracts-decisi
Ched Evans petition on 22:50 - Nov 20 with 2255 viewsJigsore

Worlds gone mad when you can't grab a random girls arse? Bloody Norah...

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024