Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans petition 09:28 - Oct 17 with 18949 viewssimmo

Now on over 150,000 signatures. Well done that club.

http://news.sky.com/story/1354775/petition-against-rapist-footballer-grows

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ched Evans petition on 10:15 - Oct 17 with 4987 viewsGaryT

Or maybe he was innocent?

http://www.chedevans.com/
Ched Evans petition on 10:40 - Oct 17 with 4936 viewssimmo

Ched Evans petition on 10:15 - Oct 17 by GaryT

Or maybe he was innocent?

http://www.chedevans.com/

She was hammered, agreed to have sex with this Clayton guy, who messages his mate (Ched) that he's 'with a girl', so Evans heads to the hotel, obtains an additional keycard from reception, lets himself into the room and also starts having sex with her. Neither of them remember asking her for consent for him to join in but are sure that one of them did. All this while his mate and brother are trying to film it through the window outside. Classy.

Ched Evans petition on 10:46 - Oct 17 with 4905 viewsGaryT

Ched Evans petition on 10:40 - Oct 17 by simmo

She was hammered, agreed to have sex with this Clayton guy, who messages his mate (Ched) that he's 'with a girl', so Evans heads to the hotel, obtains an additional keycard from reception, lets himself into the room and also starts having sex with her. Neither of them remember asking her for consent for him to join in but are sure that one of them did. All this while his mate and brother are trying to film it through the window outside. Classy.

Showing a lack of class doesn't make you a rapist. Miscarriages of justice have been going on for centuries, what makes you so sure this isn't another one?

And she wasn't hammered, did you watch the CCTV footage?
Ched Evans petition on 10:49 - Oct 17 with 4891 viewsClive_Anderson

It's a strange old case. She says she was drunk and can't remember anything, whilst the two blokes do remember and say that she consented to it. She didn't even make the complaint it was done on her behalf when she reported a robbery.
Ched Evans petition on 10:50 - Oct 17 with 4883 viewsboobishabang

Ched Evans petition on 10:40 - Oct 17 by simmo

So her asking him to "Lick me out" and "F*&K me harder" isnt consent?
Ched Evans petition on 11:04 - Oct 17 with 4844 viewsTW_R

Ched Evans petition on 10:49 - Oct 17 by Clive_Anderson

It's a strange old case. She says she was drunk and can't remember anything, whilst the two blokes do remember and say that she consented to it. She didn't even make the complaint it was done on her behalf when she reported a robbery.

I agree. It's all very odd. Saying that, what professional footballers do sometimes is mind-boggling!
Ched Evans petition on 11:10 - Oct 17 with 4828 viewssimmo

Ched Evans petition on 10:46 - Oct 17 by GaryT

Showing a lack of class doesn't make you a rapist. Miscarriages of justice have been going on for centuries, what makes you so sure this isn't another one?

And she wasn't hammered, did you watch the CCTV footage?

Yes I did. That night she pissed in a doorway, spent an hour in a kebab shop, was slurring her words and fell over. Evans even had to physically step over her at one point when she was on her arse in the kebab shop. Maybe she was just sleepy...

Consensual threesomes are fine, its usually you, a mate and a girl and you're kissing, both getting involved or whatever, fine. But if one of you starts 1 on 1 sex and then another random person lets themselves into the room and jumps in halfway through, that's where the problem is.

We can all be sympathetic to men that are accused of disgusting acts of rape when they have done nothing of the sort. I also appreciate that this girl , at 19 and agreeing to head straight back to a hotel after a few minutes of speaking to someone, might not have much in the way of moral standards. Maybe she was excited due to already being engaged in the act of sex and with the aid of drink thought another man getting involved was a good idea. But you don't assume that by lying to get access to a room, letting yourself in when you know what's going on already and then decide to take advantage of the situation.

He went to prison, there was enough evidence for a collection of men and women to decide what he did was wrong, and I am inclined to agree with them.

Ched Evans petition on 11:17 - Oct 17 with 4798 viewsEastR

Let’s throw in some things we do know amongst the speculation

He was presumed innocent
Until proved guilty
And unless, and until, that is overturned he is a convicted rapist
Whether he should be allowed to go back to his old job is a matter for debate. In the law there is nothing preventing him from doing that if given the opportunity.
Personally, if he was one of our former players I wouldn’t want to see him playing for us again as things stand.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans petition on 11:24 - Oct 17 with 4778 viewsstevec

Whether or not he was guilty, in terms of playing football again, should be largely irrelevant.

The fact is a jury decided he was guilty, the legal system then implements sentencing and the offender serves his time. As of today, Ched Evans has served his time, the law of the land says so.

Who the hell are these self appointed holier than thou moralists who think a prisoner, having served his time, should then be subjected to further punishment on his release?

Let's assume he was a plumber, does this therefore mean he should never be allowed near someones U bend ever again, basically condemned to a life on the dole? Of course not. No doubt those on the high moral ground will tell us that, as a footballer, he has to set standards. Bollocks. The idea that society should reflect those people who respond to those of a higher profile essentially only tells us just how stupid those type of people actually are. Get your own life, not somebody else's.

Bottom line, this is about money. The fact that he can kick a ball better than they can and subsequently earns thousands of pounds more than they do, in short, it's jealousy. If he was earning a few hundred a week the petition wouldn't have seen the light of day.

As for that wa*ker, Nick Clegg 'Sheffield United need to think long and hard...' about resigning Evans. Exactly when was the last time that c**t thought long and hard about anything.
Ched Evans petition on 11:47 - Oct 17 with 4723 viewsDevonWhite

He should be allowed to continue his career. But clubs should be - and are- totally within their rights to choose not to sign him for moral or PR or whatever other reason they choose.
Ched Evans petition on 11:49 - Oct 17 with 4717 viewsGaryT

Ched Evans petition on 11:10 - Oct 17 by simmo

Yes I did. That night she pissed in a doorway, spent an hour in a kebab shop, was slurring her words and fell over. Evans even had to physically step over her at one point when she was on her arse in the kebab shop. Maybe she was just sleepy...

Consensual threesomes are fine, its usually you, a mate and a girl and you're kissing, both getting involved or whatever, fine. But if one of you starts 1 on 1 sex and then another random person lets themselves into the room and jumps in halfway through, that's where the problem is.

We can all be sympathetic to men that are accused of disgusting acts of rape when they have done nothing of the sort. I also appreciate that this girl , at 19 and agreeing to head straight back to a hotel after a few minutes of speaking to someone, might not have much in the way of moral standards. Maybe she was excited due to already being engaged in the act of sex and with the aid of drink thought another man getting involved was a good idea. But you don't assume that by lying to get access to a room, letting yourself in when you know what's going on already and then decide to take advantage of the situation.

He went to prison, there was enough evidence for a collection of men and women to decide what he did was wrong, and I am inclined to agree with them.

She pissed in a doorway = slag
Spent an hour in a kebab shop - blimey, you got me there guv, she did indeed.
Was slurring her words - according to the doorman at the Inn. "The friends who were with her on the night all testified that she was not particularly drunk".
She fell on her arse - "twisting her ankle, turning her high heeled wedge shoe and falling over backwards".

Maybe she was sleepy or maybe she was just crap at standing up in high heeled shoes?

Jumps in? Or she asked if he wanted to join in?

So he got a key for a room he had paid for....you do seem hell bent on twisting the facts to paint a picture that isn't true.

Quite why the jury found one of them guilty and the other not is also a mystery. The girl had a previous unsuccessful claim of rape and there were witness statements describing her as promiscuous but could not be shown to the jury as the prosecution played a better game than the defence.

I have no faith in the system so to blindly accept the result without question is your prerogative. Sometimes it's a good idea to look at the bigger picture, why would a guilty man consistently plead his innocence even after he is released? Why did the girl delete her Facebook messages and tweets if she had nothing to hide? Why were they both charged with rape based purely on the girl saying she couldn't remember anything? Rape is a serious crime, so is allowing a rape trial to go ahead when there hasn't been one. There's absolutely no evidence that a crime was committed so I know which way I'm leaning and I look forward to the day his name is cleared.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2014 11:51]
Ched Evans petition on 11:58 - Oct 17 with 4682 viewssimmo

Ched Evans petition on 11:49 - Oct 17 by GaryT

She pissed in a doorway = slag
Spent an hour in a kebab shop - blimey, you got me there guv, she did indeed.
Was slurring her words - according to the doorman at the Inn. "The friends who were with her on the night all testified that she was not particularly drunk".
She fell on her arse - "twisting her ankle, turning her high heeled wedge shoe and falling over backwards".

Maybe she was sleepy or maybe she was just crap at standing up in high heeled shoes?

Jumps in? Or she asked if he wanted to join in?

So he got a key for a room he had paid for....you do seem hell bent on twisting the facts to paint a picture that isn't true.

Quite why the jury found one of them guilty and the other not is also a mystery. The girl had a previous unsuccessful claim of rape and there were witness statements describing her as promiscuous but could not be shown to the jury as the prosecution played a better game than the defence.

I have no faith in the system so to blindly accept the result without question is your prerogative. Sometimes it's a good idea to look at the bigger picture, why would a guilty man consistently plead his innocence even after he is released? Why did the girl delete her Facebook messages and tweets if she had nothing to hide? Why were they both charged with rape based purely on the girl saying she couldn't remember anything? Rape is a serious crime, so is allowing a rape trial to go ahead when there hasn't been one. There's absolutely no evidence that a crime was committed so I know which way I'm leaning and I look forward to the day his name is cleared.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2014 11:51]

'She pissed in a doorway = slag' - Really??

I don't think what happened was right, you think it was fine. Let's leave it at that.

Ched Evans petition on 12:06 - Oct 17 with 4651 viewsGaryT

Yep, I think girls pissing in doorways are slags, sorry about that.

And no, I don't think what happened is fine. I think a greedy girl has used the system to make a bit of cash and not give a damn about the consequences. She and stupid girls like her are the reason too many genuine rape cases fail.

Agreed, nothing more to add.
Ched Evans petition on 12:16 - Oct 17 with 4632 viewsDevonWhite

How would you label men who piss in doorways?
Ched Evans petition on 12:42 - Oct 17 with 4556 viewsRangersw12

Ched Evans petition on 12:06 - Oct 17 by GaryT

And no, I don't think what happened is fine. I think a greedy girl has used the system to make a bit of cash and not give a damn about the consequences. She and stupid girls like her are the reason too many genuine rape cases fail.

" Yep, I think girls pissing in doorways are slags, sorry about that."

Unbelievable

It's people with your attitude to women why genuine rape cases are not reported
[Post edited 17 Oct 2014 12:43]
Ched Evans petition on 12:44 - Oct 17 with 4548 viewsRangersw12

Ched Evans petition on 11:58 - Oct 17 by simmo

'She pissed in a doorway = slag' - Really??

I don't think what happened was right, you think it was fine. Let's leave it at that.

Probably the sort of person thinks all women deserve it if they wear short skirts etc
[Post edited 17 Oct 2014 12:49]
Ched Evans petition on 12:45 - Oct 17 with 4540 viewsNorthernr

Ched Evans petition on 12:06 - Oct 17 by GaryT

Cash?
Ched Evans petition on 12:47 - Oct 17 with 4525 viewsMaggsinho

Is it just doorways that are an issue or any kind of alfresco pissing?
Ched Evans petition on 12:58 - Oct 17 with 4478 viewsGaryT

What a load of shit. My attitude to women??

So you think women pissing in doorways is a good thing? To be promoted? is perfectly normal? Maybe I've been away too long, maybe this is perfectly acceptable behaviour now in the UK?

Stop taking the piss (geddit?) and talk some sense.
Ched Evans petition on 13:06 - Oct 17 with 4448 viewsRangersw12

Ched Evans petition on 12:58 - Oct 17 by GaryT

What a load of shit. My attitude to women??

So you think women pissing in doorways is a good thing? To be promoted? is perfectly normal? Maybe I've been away too long, maybe this is perfectly acceptable behaviour now in the UK?

Stop taking the piss (geddit?) and talk some sense.

I'm not saying it's a good thing just don't think a women is a slag for doing it
[Post edited 17 Oct 2014 13:06]
Ched Evans petition on 13:48 - Oct 17 with 4341 viewspaesanu

Why the f*** is Ched's girlfriend defending him to Kingdom come.

If he's guilty.. He's a horrible c*nt.
If he's innocent... He still had a threesome ( the kind where let's face it where your homosexuality is dressed up as banter ) after night-clubbing. Does she not think that makes him a slight arsehole to date.

And yet there she is, defending her man.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Ched Evans petition on 14:01 - Oct 17 with 4316 viewsbosh67

I think I may put a fiver on him and Marlon King joining us in the next transfer window. Obviously they will need service so if Morrison gets convicted of common assault we can get him back too.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ched Evans petition on 14:03 - Oct 17 with 4308 viewsW7Ranger

Ched Evans petition on 14:01 - Oct 17 by bosh67

I think I may put a fiver on him and Marlon King joining us in the next transfer window. Obviously they will need service so if Morrison gets convicted of common assault we can get him back too.

I think Lee Hughes is a Free Agent next summer too!
Ched Evans petition on 14:17 - Oct 17 with 4272 viewsTW_R

Ched Evans petition on 14:03 - Oct 17 by W7Ranger

I think Lee Hughes is a Free Agent next summer too!

Bring in Cashley and Terry and we've pretty much got a full house!
Ched Evans petition on 14:20 - Oct 17 with 4258 viewsGaryT

Ched Evans petition on 13:06 - Oct 17 by Rangersw12

I'm not saying it's a good thing just don't think a women is a slag for doing it
[Post edited 17 Oct 2014 13:06]

I think it comes down to different definitions. When I grew up, it meant this:

"My mental image of a situation where ''slag'' is used involves two groups of chavvy women, drunk, outside a pub, late at night, fighting over someone's boyfriend. That's pretty much the only time you should use the term." (And I would add, squatting in the gutter having a piss)

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/20345/how-offensive-is-it-to-call-som

But I accept it's more widely used to describe a woman who sleeps around a lot, which wasn't what I was implying.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024