Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans petition 09:28 - Oct 17 with 18936 viewssimmo

Now on over 150,000 signatures. Well done that club.

http://news.sky.com/story/1354775/petition-against-rapist-footballer-grows

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ched Evans petition on 14:31 - Oct 17 with 2959 viewsTheBlob

And a million years of evolution has produced this.
Worth waiting for wasn't it.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2014 14:32]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ched Evans petition on 16:05 - Oct 17 with 2885 viewslondonscottish

Ched Evans petition on 14:31 - Oct 17 by TheBlob

And a million years of evolution has produced this.
Worth waiting for wasn't it.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2014 14:32]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ched Evans petition on 16:24 - Oct 17 with 2851 viewsPinnerPaul

Ched Evans petition on 13:48 - Oct 17 by paesanu

Why the f*** is Ched's girlfriend defending him to Kingdom come.

If he's guilty.. He's a horrible c*nt.
If he's innocent... He still had a threesome ( the kind where let's face it where your homosexuality is dressed up as banter ) after night-clubbing. Does she not think that makes him a slight arsehole to date.

And yet there she is, defending her man.

Yes I wonder what she sees in a £20,000 per week footballer

(Apologies to Mrs Merton)
Ched Evans petition on 19:38 - Oct 17 with 2769 viewssmegma

If he signed for us I would seriously consider not going anymore.
Ched Evans petition on 19:45 - Oct 17 with 2760 viewsNorthernr

Ched Evans petition on 14:20 - Oct 17 by GaryT

I think it comes down to different definitions. When I grew up, it meant this:

"My mental image of a situation where ''slag'' is used involves two groups of chavvy women, drunk, outside a pub, late at night, fighting over someone's boyfriend. That's pretty much the only time you should use the term." (And I would add, squatting in the gutter having a piss)

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/20345/how-offensive-is-it-to-call-som

But I accept it's more widely used to describe a woman who sleeps around a lot, which wasn't what I was implying.

I ask again, what kind of cash has she made from this?
Ched Evans petition on 20:02 - Oct 17 with 2737 viewskensalriser

Ched Evans petition on 14:20 - Oct 17 by GaryT

I think it comes down to different definitions. When I grew up, it meant this:

"My mental image of a situation where ''slag'' is used involves two groups of chavvy women, drunk, outside a pub, late at night, fighting over someone's boyfriend. That's pretty much the only time you should use the term." (And I would add, squatting in the gutter having a piss)

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/20345/how-offensive-is-it-to-call-som

But I accept it's more widely used to describe a woman who sleeps around a lot, which wasn't what I was implying.

You just sound like a misogynist. And a rape apologist.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ched Evans petition on 20:48 - Oct 17 with 2697 viewsGaryT

Ched Evans petition on 19:45 - Oct 17 by Northernr

This is what she tweeted:

‘Remind me never to tell @XXXXXXX when I win big!..... She’s going to kill me! #scaredformylife! Haha!’

‘@XXXXXXX I will get us matching pink Mini Coopers! Haha! Just seen them pictures on Facebook, I forgot bout XXXXXXX! Haha! X’

‘@XXXXXXX I’ll make all your dreams come true XXXXXXX haha.’

‘@XXXXXXX aww,well obvs I’d treat us to an amazing holiday x’.

She clearly thinks she's in for a big pay day, but you already knew that and yet you seem very keen to make a point.... which is?
Ched Evans petition on 20:53 - Oct 17 with 2688 viewsGaryT

Ched Evans petition on 20:02 - Oct 17 by kensalriser

You just sound like a misogynist. And a rape apologist.

Wow, I clearly must hate all women because I despise stupid little girls who cry rape, or in this case, deny remembering anything and allowing a guy to go to prison for something she clearly knows he didn't do.

A rape apologist, is that a thing? Someone who justifies rape? Are you seriously suggesting that is what I have been saying?

It would seem that a lot of you don't give a damn about an innocent guy being accused of a nasty crime that he didn't commit. Maybe when the hand of the law falls on your shoulder and you plead "I didn't do it guv!" and everyone says "Me thinks he pleadeth his innocence too much" you'll know how this sort of thing can destroy a persons life. OR you can pick me up on different definitions for the word 'slag' and paint me to be a woman hater, what a dick.
Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans petition on 21:47 - Oct 17 with 2644 viewsNorthernr

Ched Evans petition on 20:48 - Oct 17 by GaryT

This is what she tweeted:

‘Remind me never to tell @XXXXXXX when I win big!..... She’s going to kill me! #scaredformylife! Haha!’

‘@XXXXXXX I will get us matching pink Mini Coopers! Haha! Just seen them pictures on Facebook, I forgot bout XXXXXXX! Haha! X’

‘@XXXXXXX I’ll make all your dreams come true XXXXXXX haha.’

‘@XXXXXXX aww,well obvs I’d treat us to an amazing holiday x’.

She clearly thinks she's in for a big pay day, but you already knew that and yet you seem very keen to make a point.... which is?

That getting raped by League One footballers isn't very lucrative.
Ched Evans petition on 22:03 - Oct 17 with 2622 viewskensalriser

Ched Evans petition on 20:53 - Oct 17 by GaryT

Wow, I clearly must hate all women because I despise stupid little girls who cry rape, or in this case, deny remembering anything and allowing a guy to go to prison for something she clearly knows he didn't do.

A rape apologist, is that a thing? Someone who justifies rape? Are you seriously suggesting that is what I have been saying?

It would seem that a lot of you don't give a damn about an innocent guy being accused of a nasty crime that he didn't commit. Maybe when the hand of the law falls on your shoulder and you plead "I didn't do it guv!" and everyone says "Me thinks he pleadeth his innocence too much" you'll know how this sort of thing can destroy a persons life. OR you can pick me up on different definitions for the word 'slag' and paint me to be a woman hater, what a dick.

Rape cases are notorious for low conviction rates, so the very fact that this was successful indicates this jury had no doubt.

Your declaration of innocence seems to largely rely on attacking the character, morals and status of the woman - promiscuous, lower class, stupid, avaricious. She may be all of those things but none of them are relevant because if she didn't consent, it was rape. Same for any woman.

Far, far more women are raped by men who never suffer any consequences than men are wrongly convicted of rape.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Ched Evans petition on 22:08 - Oct 17 with 2609 viewsGaryT

Ched Evans petition on 21:47 - Oct 17 by Northernr

That getting raped by League One footballers isn't very lucrative.

I don't think the criminal injuries system takes that into account.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24743/New-pay-outs-victims-welcomed.html

I should be surprised that people take what they are told as Gospel but then again, am I really that surprised? The amount of bile and hated being aimed at anyone that says "have you read the details of the trial?" is quite extraordinary.

So many people banging the drum of "would you be happy if your daughter was passed out on a bed and someone took advantage of her?" when there is no evidence that she was anything other than a bit pissed off that they left half way through.

I'm reminded of the argument between two guys about religion, one is banging the drum for The Good Book and the other asks him "Have you read it?" He admits he hasn't, he reads it....he's now an Atheist too. If people actually read and watched the evidence before jumping on the bandwagon, they would have a better idea how bizarre our justice system is.

And for kensalriser (who clearly hasn't read that site) my declaration of innocence is based on the facts of the case, nothing more...and she did consent.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2014 22:08]
Ched Evans petition on 22:21 - Oct 17 with 2586 viewsdanehoop

Ched Evans petition on 22:08 - Oct 17 by GaryT

I don't think the criminal injuries system takes that into account.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24743/New-pay-outs-victims-welcomed.html

I should be surprised that people take what they are told as Gospel but then again, am I really that surprised? The amount of bile and hated being aimed at anyone that says "have you read the details of the trial?" is quite extraordinary.

So many people banging the drum of "would you be happy if your daughter was passed out on a bed and someone took advantage of her?" when there is no evidence that she was anything other than a bit pissed off that they left half way through.

I'm reminded of the argument between two guys about religion, one is banging the drum for The Good Book and the other asks him "Have you read it?" He admits he hasn't, he reads it....he's now an Atheist too. If people actually read and watched the evidence before jumping on the bandwagon, they would have a better idea how bizarre our justice system is.

And for kensalriser (who clearly hasn't read that site) my declaration of innocence is based on the facts of the case, nothing more...and she did consent.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2014 22:08]

No, it appears that whoever you are Gary T that you seem to have missed something here. He was tried and found guilty by a jury who had all of the evidence before them. The case was presented by qualified legal counsel, the arguments and evidence were presented correctly. No doubts no questions no partial snippets repeated on message boards or Twitter. The rapist was found guilty of his crime. Those are the facts. Everything else is supposition and reworking of events which failed to convince the court. Your views fortunately, as that is all they are, are just your opinion. Again your opinion was not shared by the jurors who sat through the case.

Never knowingly understood

Ched Evans petition on 22:34 - Oct 17 with 2561 viewsGaryT

Ched Evans petition on 22:21 - Oct 17 by danehoop

No, it appears that whoever you are Gary T that you seem to have missed something here. He was tried and found guilty by a jury who had all of the evidence before them. The case was presented by qualified legal counsel, the arguments and evidence were presented correctly. No doubts no questions no partial snippets repeated on message boards or Twitter. The rapist was found guilty of his crime. Those are the facts. Everything else is supposition and reworking of events which failed to convince the court. Your views fortunately, as that is all they are, are just your opinion. Again your opinion was not shared by the jurors who sat through the case.

I think it is you that missed me saying "Miscarriages of justice have been going on for centuries, what makes you so sure this isn't another one?"

I'm sure the Birmingham six, the Guildford Four and countless others might not share your unswerving faith in the British legal system.

Open your mind to the possibility that they got it wrong, stop following the crowd and think for yourself. Look at the evidence, watched the CCTV, read the testimonies and then, if you are still convinced, without a shadow of a doubt, that he raped her. I'd be very surprised.
Ched Evans petition on 22:38 - Oct 17 with 2555 viewsderbyhoop

Very difficult situation.

He's out on license, having served half his sentence. He's a footballer by profession. Do you deny him the chance to do the job he's trained for? If so, how does he make a living?

On the other hand, he's hardly going to be low profile. And he's hardly going to be the sort of role model the public wants footballers to be.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ched Evans petition on 22:59 - Oct 17 with 2535 viewsTheBlob

Ched Evans petition on 19:45 - Oct 17 by Northernr

Not as yet.With all due respect Clive,as a journalist and your fingers on the pulse of the worthy successor to The Street Of Shame,you know what exclusive interviews will pay.

Ched Evans petition on 00:21 - Oct 18 with 2385 viewssmegma

Anyone who thinks Ched is innocent is a c-nt.
Ched Evans petition on 00:42 - Oct 18 with 2376 viewsPunteR

Fair play to the Sheffield utd fans. Everyone makes mistakes but to be banged up for raping a 19 year old.?sorry you lose certain privileges in society,one of them being a millionaire footballer. Sorry but unless Ched can bring about world peace then there's no shame in packing boxes in a warehouse in Loughborough.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ched Evans petition on 02:37 - Oct 18 with 2347 viewsSonofNorfolt

He's now being given a new sentence based on morality.
Legally he's out, so rightly or wrongly, he is able to carry on with his life.
Now I wouldn't want him for us, or if I was a Sheff Utd fan for them, but I would not question his right to do so.
He'll probably turn up in the Northern Premier next season, playing part time with his other job of probabtion officer. Maybe not. Head of SS at Rotherham Council? South African lawyer? PFA rep?
Ched Evans petition on 07:46 - Oct 18 with 2318 viewspaesanu

Ched Evans petition on 16:24 - Oct 17 by PinnerPaul

Yes I wonder what she sees in a £20,000 per week footballer

(Apologies to Mrs Merton)

A League One footballer on £20K? Behave.

Still - The word slag is being thrown about in this thread, maybe we should reserve it for the girlfriend then.

Anyway to those saying that he should be allowed to returnto his career, just like a plumber. Football is an industry on its own. It has some perks (overpaid, still ovrrpaid even if terrible performance, hard to get fired, sponsorships, public eye), so with the perks there should be some drawbacks. Not having thousands of people obliged to clap and cheer when a rapist puts a ball in the net should be a drawback.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Ched Evans petition on 09:18 - Oct 18 with 2259 viewsNorthLondonR

To lighten the mood?

[Post edited 18 Oct 2014 9:18]
Ched Evans petition on 09:24 - Oct 18 with 2253 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who remembers Terrell Forbes?
Ched Evans petition on 09:33 - Oct 18 with 2247 viewssmegma

Ched Evans petition on 22:38 - Oct 17 by derbyhoop

Very difficult situation.

He's out on license, having served half his sentence. He's a footballer by profession. Do you deny him the chance to do the job he's trained for? If so, how does he make a living?

On the other hand, he's hardly going to be low profile. And he's hardly going to be the sort of role model the public wants footballers to be.

Football must be one of the only professions where no matter what you get imprisoned for, it will welcome you back with open arms. I bet Charlie Manson is gutted he couldn't play soccer.
Ched Evans petition on 10:19 - Oct 18 with 2222 viewsjohncharles

Ched Evans petition on 09:24 - Oct 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Who remembers Terrell Forbes?

Something to think on instead of shouting at each other

Strong and stable my arse.

Ched Evans petition on 11:40 - Oct 18 with 2175 viewsJigsore

making it that he never works again is a sure fire way to improve his life and society as a whole, i'm sure

what's the point of prison if you don't give people a second chance? Might as well shoot them in the head as soon as they're convicted.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Ched Evans petition on 12:23 - Oct 18 with 2149 viewsTheBlob

Ched Evans petition on 09:33 - Oct 18 by smegma

Football must be one of the only professions where no matter what you get imprisoned for, it will welcome you back with open arms. I bet Charlie Manson is gutted he couldn't play soccer.

What,you're putting this on a par with someone who brutally murdered a eight months pregnant woman?
Dear god.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024