Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans petition 09:28 - Oct 17 with 18941 viewssimmo

Now on over 150,000 signatures. Well done that club.

http://news.sky.com/story/1354775/petition-against-rapist-footballer-grows

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ched Evans petition on 17:11 - Nov 13 with 1609 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ched Evans petition on 14:15 - Nov 13 by TheBlob

But that's the point,if you believe you're innocent(or rather not guilty)and are anticipating appeal,why be contrite?

He doesn't have to be contrite. I said if he had shown contrition then I could more easily understand why a club would hire him. Or if he wins an appeal (and he won't, there's no chance of that) I could understand why a club would hire him. At the moment he's guilty, AND he's not showing contrition. So in that instance I think any club should not hire him. He should not be banned, but clubs should not hire him. Why would you? He's either guilty AND a scumbag liar who STILL can't see where he's gone wrong, or he's innocent - but that needs t be proven.

Bare bones.

Ched Evans petition on 17:14 - Nov 13 with 1598 viewsTheBlob

Ched Evans petition on 17:11 - Nov 13 by Antti_Heinola

He doesn't have to be contrite. I said if he had shown contrition then I could more easily understand why a club would hire him. Or if he wins an appeal (and he won't, there's no chance of that) I could understand why a club would hire him. At the moment he's guilty, AND he's not showing contrition. So in that instance I think any club should not hire him. He should not be banned, but clubs should not hire him. Why would you? He's either guilty AND a scumbag liar who STILL can't see where he's gone wrong, or he's innocent - but that needs t be proven.

Eh?How is contrite devolved from contrition?
There's no chance of him winning an appeal?How did you figure that one out?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ched Evans petition on 17:17 - Nov 13 with 1594 viewsjohncharles

Ched Evans petition on 00:21 - Oct 18 by smegma

Anyone who thinks Ched is innocent is a c-nt.

I'm afraid your well thought and moderate statement may not be admissible in a court of law

Strong and stable my arse.

Ched Evans petition on 17:20 - Nov 13 with 1586 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ched Evans petition on 17:14 - Nov 13 by TheBlob

There's no chance of him winning an appeal?How did you figure that one out?

Don't get what you mean on the first bit?
I don't think he has a chance of winning an appeal, when he's had one appeal and lost and his crime is on video. He just won't win. Sorry, should've said in my opinion...

Bare bones.

Ched Evans petition on 17:27 - Nov 13 with 1578 viewsTheBlob

Ched Evans petition on 17:20 - Nov 13 by Antti_Heinola

Don't get what you mean on the first bit?
I don't think he has a chance of winning an appeal, when he's had one appeal and lost and his crime is on video. He just won't win. Sorry, should've said in my opinion...

How many more times - he hasn't lost an appeal(read the previous board comments)he was denied LEAVE for Appeal which means he could not access the appeal process at that time.He has been fast tracked back to the process as there may be a miscarriage of justice.
Geddit?

Ched Evans petition on 17:56 - Nov 13 with 1558 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ched Evans petition on 17:27 - Nov 13 by TheBlob

How many more times - he hasn't lost an appeal(read the previous board comments)he was denied LEAVE for Appeal which means he could not access the appeal process at that time.He has been fast tracked back to the process as there may be a miscarriage of justice.
Geddit?

oh ok fair dos.
what did you mean by the first bit though?
he still won't win an appeal ;)

Bare bones.

Ched Evans petition on 18:21 - Nov 13 with 1542 viewsgobbles

Ched Evans petition on 12:26 - Nov 13 by TheBlob

If he wins the appeal then feasibly anybody who's called him scum and /or hopes someone breaks his legs could be staring down the barrel of a lawsuit.
I don't give a toss,just interested to see what happens.Especially in terms of new evidence not used in original trial and the Jury wanting to get home in time for tea.Smells like a miscarriage.

Why would anyone be facing a lawsuit? For what? He is a convicted rapist? The court case is covered by absolute privilege. Calling convicted rapists scum, is fair comment.
The people who could be facing legal action are the ones saying things about the victim.
Ched Evans petition on 18:40 - Nov 13 with 1519 viewsTheBlob

Ched Evans petition on 18:21 - Nov 13 by gobbles

Why would anyone be facing a lawsuit? For what? He is a convicted rapist? The court case is covered by absolute privilege. Calling convicted rapists scum, is fair comment.
The people who could be facing legal action are the ones saying things about the victim.

Suit yourself.

Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans petition on 19:45 - Nov 13 with 1460 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

According to this reliable site, at least, only Mr Evans seems to have the rape conviction in English football.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sportspeople_convicted_of_cr
Ched Evans petition on 19:52 - Nov 13 with 1450 viewsTheBlob

Ched Evans petition on 19:45 - Nov 13 by Pablo_Hoopsta

According to this reliable site, at least, only Mr Evans seems to have the rape conviction in English football.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sportspeople_convicted_of_cr

No sign of Raphael Meade then.

Ched Evans petition on 19:53 - Nov 13 with 1449 viewsMrSheen

Ched Evans petition on 19:45 - Nov 13 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Alan Pardew?
Ched Evans petition on 20:57 - Nov 13 with 1408 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ched Evans petition on 17:27 - Nov 13 by TheBlob

Geddit?

still don't understand what you meant here, Blob?

Are you talking about language only? Contrite means feeling or expressing remorse, contrition means the state of feeling remorseful. Not sure what you're referring to. Sorry if being thick.

'he could not access the appeal process' - that's a strange way of saying three judges looked at the case and decided there could not be any grounds for an appeal.

Not sure where you've got the idea that he's been fast-tracked 'as there may be' a potential miscarriage. The reports don't say that at all. No one knows why it's been fast tracked - it's highly unusual and the commission themselves said the fast tracking is not a sign that he has strong grounds for appeal. It may simply be because his career only has a limited shelf life, so they want to get a final decision done.

Bare bones.

Ched Evans petition on 22:48 - Nov 13 with 1348 viewsloftboy

The whole episode is certainly tainting Sheffield United, Vice Presidents, sponsors pulling out of the club by the dozen.
He should be less selfish and if he really wants to start again then go abroad and do it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Ched Evans petition on 22:49 - Nov 13 with 1346 viewsTheBlob

Ched Evans petition on 20:57 - Nov 13 by Antti_Heinola

still don't understand what you meant here, Blob?

Are you talking about language only? Contrite means feeling or expressing remorse, contrition means the state of feeling remorseful. Not sure what you're referring to. Sorry if being thick.

'he could not access the appeal process' - that's a strange way of saying three judges looked at the case and decided there could not be any grounds for an appeal.

Not sure where you've got the idea that he's been fast-tracked 'as there may be' a potential miscarriage. The reports don't say that at all. No one knows why it's been fast tracked - it's highly unusual and the commission themselves said the fast tracking is not a sign that he has strong grounds for appeal. It may simply be because his career only has a limited shelf life, so they want to get a final decision done.

Have a butchers at this.
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/oct/18/legal-watchdog-fast-tracks-ched-e

Now I've got to prepare myself for a back,sac and crack because I've come back on this thread.

Don't ask.

Ched Evans petition on 23:09 - Nov 13 with 1324 viewsdaveB

watching question time on this thought one bloke made a good point that a criminal offence does prevent you from certain jobs like teachers, public office etc and maybe football should be the same.

for me i think if you have a criminal conviction you shouldn't be allowed back into professional football as a player but that would take a real shift and legal change to make that a reality and a lot of players not just ched evans would be out of work. As it stands the law doesn't say that and we have plenty of criminals playing football so not sure why this bloke should be punished whilst others carry on
Ched Evans petition on 23:31 - Nov 13 with 1303 viewsgobbles

Ched Evans petition on 23:09 - Nov 13 by daveB

watching question time on this thought one bloke made a good point that a criminal offence does prevent you from certain jobs like teachers, public office etc and maybe football should be the same.

for me i think if you have a criminal conviction you shouldn't be allowed back into professional football as a player but that would take a real shift and legal change to make that a reality and a lot of players not just ched evans would be out of work. As it stands the law doesn't say that and we have plenty of criminals playing football so not sure why this bloke should be punished whilst others carry on

I think he should be able to play and earn a living, but I also think everyone has the right to say that they don't want him at their club
Ched Evans petition on 23:32 - Nov 13 with 1303 viewsPunteR

Being a professional footballer is a privileged job and one you can't just walk back into after being convicted of rape. Simple as that.
The only reason he wants to get back in is the money and lifestyle, but he's blown his chance big time.
Girls throw themselves at footballers and he took advantage. There was no need to do what he did,the dirty little shit.
Pick up your boots son,your out.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ched Evans petition on 10:17 - Nov 14 with 1235 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ched Evans petition on 22:49 - Nov 13 by TheBlob

Have a butchers at this.
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/oct/18/legal-watchdog-fast-tracks-ched-e

Now I've got to prepare myself for a back,sac and crack because I've come back on this thread.

Don't ask.

yeah i read that Blob, and the entire official report about why he was denied leave to appeal. that's where my Qs came from. But you obviously don't want to to engage, so let's call it a day, eh?

Bare bones.

Ched Evans petition on 10:23 - Nov 14 with 1222 viewsTheBlob

Ched Evans petition on 10:17 - Nov 14 by Antti_Heinola

yeah i read that Blob, and the entire official report about why he was denied leave to appeal. that's where my Qs came from. But you obviously don't want to to engage, so let's call it a day, eh?

I'm in enough trouble as it is.

Ched Evans petition on 11:46 - Nov 14 with 1184 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ched Evans petition on 10:23 - Nov 14 by TheBlob

I'm in enough trouble as it is.

have you been watching the Television X 5 minute freeview again?

Bare bones.

Ched Evans petition on 12:31 - Nov 14 with 1144 viewsstevec

It was fascinating last night to watch 4 out of 5 panellists on Question Time say Evans shouldn't be allowed to play professional football and suggesting maybe he could do something like plumbing.

Now let's think about that. Don't allow a rapist to play a game, in full view of the watching world, playing in an all male environment, his every move under scrutiny or DO let him into your house and do your plumbing with only your wife and daughter for company.

How the fck do these people come to represent us?
Ched Evans petition on 12:48 - Nov 14 with 1123 viewsElHoop

Ched Evans petition on 14:15 - Nov 13 by TheBlob

But that's the point,if you believe you're innocent(or rather not guilty)and are anticipating appeal,why be contrite?

Can't really be bothered to read the whole thread, but whilst it's a totally scummy scenario in which the alleged crime took place, I think that there are questions to be answered about the verdict and i can see why he wants to appeal. Had they allowed the appeal then we wouldn't have got to this mess and no i suspect they'll have to allow the appeal but how that will pan out, I've no idea. This is quite an interesting angle on the case:

http://blog.mikesimmons.co.uk/ched-evans-justice-or-absurd-verdict/
Ched Evans petition on 13:52 - Nov 14 with 1061 viewspomanjou

Ched Evans petition on 12:48 - Nov 14 by ElHoop

Can't really be bothered to read the whole thread, but whilst it's a totally scummy scenario in which the alleged crime took place, I think that there are questions to be answered about the verdict and i can see why he wants to appeal. Had they allowed the appeal then we wouldn't have got to this mess and no i suspect they'll have to allow the appeal but how that will pan out, I've no idea. This is quite an interesting angle on the case:

Its more than interesting. It should be compulsory reading. Especially for PunteR and anyone else who wants to hang him or whatever.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Ched Evans petition on 14:11 - Nov 14 with 1039 viewsThGrimRanger

Ched Evans petition on 12:48 - Nov 14 by ElHoop

fascinating. I didn't until now know the details of the case, which is the reason I've stayed well clear of the debate.

saying that, not knowing anything about the details of the case hasn't stopped most people from weighing in with their two-penneth.

TheGrimRanger

Ched Evans petition on 14:21 - Nov 14 with 1026 viewsSydneyRs

He's not guilty of rape. He is guilty of being a morally questionable tw@t, but that doesn't send you to prison. The world is full of those.

Anyone who has had a one night stand, and that I imagine is many of us, could have faced this situation. I had a mate that went through months of torment after a girl he went home with accused him. She eventually dropped it but after 6 months or so of him being terrified despite having done nothing wrong.

Could a male have sex and then claim he remembered nothing and accuse the female of rape? With similar CCTV images? I think not. This girl was p1ssed, as are many participants in one night stands. She certainly does not appear to be out of control in the CCTV images.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024