Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is McCarthy better than Green? 17:59 - Oct 19 with 7580 viewsQPRMUSO

I thought he looked very composed, didn't show any signs of flapping that Green always does once in a game, who is the understudy, it should be green in my view?
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 16:06 - Oct 23 with 1986 viewswombat

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 19:46 - Oct 19 by quickpassrotter

Green has tonsillitis.

will he come 3 stone lighter than he was before he got ill ?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 16:10]

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 16:06 - Oct 23 with 1990 viewsDesertBoot

Yes and he didn't deserve to be on the losing team on his debut.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 16:13 - Oct 23 with 1976 viewsPinnerPaul

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 23:45 - Oct 19 by davman

This will be a real test of Harry and his favourites. McCarthy is just as good, if not better than Green and is the future. Let Green suffer on the bench and watch him fight for his place.

...or Harry will revert to type and put his 'boy' in...

Harry bought McCarthy but didn't buy Green, so how the hell is Green "his boy"????!!!!!!!
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 16:15 - Oct 23 with 1971 viewsPinnerPaul

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 15:30 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Yes.

Based on what exactly - as others have said bit unfair to make that judgement on McCarthy's one game
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 16:25 - Oct 23 with 1953 viewsNorthernr

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 16:15 - Oct 23 by PinnerPaul

Based on what exactly - as others have said bit unfair to make that judgement on McCarthy's one game

Based on what I've seen of McCarthy at Reading and what I've seen of Green across his career, including up close at QPR where he strikes me as a Championship keeper who gets found out in the Prem.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 16:25 - Oct 23 with 1953 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Made two fantastic saves in the game, his kicks were extremely accurate and his seemed more confident. On the game for me he looks better, and deserves another game for Villa. I've only seen him twice, one vs US and one for Us. Both times has looked excelllent

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 16:29 - Oct 23 with 1945 viewsPinnerPaul

Fair enough, but based on Green's consistent performances this season and McCarthy's ONE game where he made one good save, no mistakes then does seem harsh to drop RG IMHO.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 16:40 - Oct 23 with 1930 viewsjohncharles

McCarthy's great but Green doesn't deserve to be dropped. Who knows why he didn't play on Sunday. Tonsillitis is Harry's buzz word at the moment. Perhaps Green has been sold to Leicester.

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 16:49 - Oct 23 with 1915 viewsCiderwithRsie

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 16:40 - Oct 23 by johncharles

McCarthy's great but Green doesn't deserve to be dropped. Who knows why he didn't play on Sunday. Tonsillitis is Harry's buzz word at the moment. Perhaps Green has been sold to Leicester.

I tend to agree with Loftboy - if a player comes in, does well, and is available then he should stay in (unless the formation or tactics change and he has to be dropped to accommodate that.) It's up to Green to try to get back in - good healthy competition.

Not a punishment or criticism of Green , it's just the way it goes. I don't think you should give a message that one player is automatic first choice.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 17:04 - Oct 23 with 1903 viewsPhilmyRs

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 16:29 - Oct 23 by PinnerPaul

Fair enough, but based on Green's consistent performances this season and McCarthy's ONE game where he made one good save, no mistakes then does seem harsh to drop RG IMHO.

Green’s consistent performances? You don’t expect particularly high standards from your keep then? I thought he’s been ordinary this season, making some mistakes at vital times. I think McCcarthy deserved his chance. He’s the future too.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 17:13 - Oct 23 with 1885 viewsTheBlob

Give the guy a run out,what can we lose?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 17:50 - Oct 23 with 1855 viewssimmo

Yes, and he will only get better.

Injuries aside everybody that started last Sunday should start against Villa, except maybe Vargas who has earned a start over BZ who can't do 90 minutes anyway. Especially YSY, Henry, Onouha (if poss) and Fer.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 17:53]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 19:04 - Oct 23 with 1821 viewsDylanP

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 23:45 - Oct 19 by davman

This will be a real test of Harry and his favourites. McCarthy is just as good, if not better than Green and is the future. Let Green suffer on the bench and watch him fight for his place.

...or Harry will revert to type and put his 'boy' in...

What a strange way to put it. His "favourites"? That is what managers do - they make assessments about players and who should play. Its not personal. Its just a matter of his judgement. They get paid a lot to make those kinds of assessments and you make it sound like it is something shocking or unusual.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 19:50 - Oct 23 with 1805 viewsRangersw12

Anyone who loses their place due to injury/illness needs to work his way back into the team as it sends an awful message if players just waltz back into the team

Green hasn't done a lot wrong but McCarthy played well so therefore deserves a run in the team
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 21:03 - Oct 23 with 1781 viewsTacticalR

I am not going to judge McCarthy versus Green on one game, but McCarthy looked good.

Air hostess clique

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 21:53 - Oct 23 with 1639 viewscoolranger

The lad is a top Keeper. Very impressive with Reading on the 2-3 occasions I saw him at Loftus Road with them.

Part of our future side I hope.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 21:58 - Oct 23 with 1637 viewsozexile

Keep McCarthy. The amount of balls swung in to our 6 yard box that green doesn't come out for is criminal.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 01:27 - Oct 24 with 1588 viewsRangersAreBack

After a solid display McCarthy deserves to keep his spot in the starting 11 irrespective if how Green lost it. I await Harry's "logic" with relish...
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 06:40 - Oct 24 with 1573 viewsElHoop

Frankly it's the least of our problems at the moment, but I'd stick with Green for the time being. Villa would definitely put McCarthy's distribution under a lot more pressure than Liverpool did and if it failed him then we'd end up with two goalkeepers suffering a loss of confidence. That's the last thing that we need right now. We should concentrate on winning the game on Monday with whoever is fit enough to play. Green hasn't been at his best this season but I don't think that he deserves to be dropped.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 09:03 - Oct 24 with 1548 viewsPinnerPaul

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 16:40 - Oct 23 by johncharles

McCarthy said RG was ill, not Harry.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 09:05 - Oct 24 with 1547 viewsPinnerPaul

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 17:04 - Oct 23 by PhilmyRs

Green’s consistent performances? You don’t expect particularly high standards from your keep then? I thought he’s been ordinary this season, making some mistakes at vital times. I think McCcarthy deserved his chance. He’s the future too.

I'm sorry but I'm struggling to think of one goal we've conceded this season that was down to a RG "mistake"
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 10:23 - Oct 24 with 1510 viewsPhilmyRs

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 09:05 - Oct 24 by PinnerPaul

I'm sorry but I'm struggling to think of one goal we've conceded this season that was down to a RG "mistake"

The most obvious mistake being Southampton’s first goal, any keeper would have been embarrassed by that, I include Sunday league keepers in that.

This season with Rob Green I think it’s more a case of at least 4 or 5 of the goals he’s let in, I think a better keeper would have saved. They’re not horrendous mistakes, just ones a better premiership keeper would have saved. Man U away, a better keeper would have saved the first from the free kick and would have moved quicker for Rooney’s. How we set up in that game the first goal was always going to be crucial. Up to that point Man U hadn’t troubled us then a free kick travelled near on 45 yards and beats Green. Yes there was movement in front of him that would be a distraction but it was very similar to a save he pulled off in the play-off final, only this time he got distracted by the runners. That to me suggests he’s not in the form of last season.

Then there’s West Ham away, a better keeper would have come for the cross early doors but he’s always been nervous on crosses. Spurs away, should have done better with at least one of the goals. Southampton second goal, positioning was poor in my view to get lobbed from where he did. We have a good young keeper that will make mistakes, but potentially he is better than Green. Green is not winning us any points this season, which I think a better keeper could have done, particularly against Southampton and possibly West Ham and maybe even United (as daft as that sounds after we got battered). The above is just focussing on how Green’s performed this season, and it’s 6/10 at best. For a poor side with no confidence, a keeper turning in an 8/10 would have added a few more points to our embarrassingly low total in my opinion.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 11:55 - Oct 24 with 1477 viewsjohncharles

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 09:03 - Oct 24 by PinnerPaul

McCarthy said RG was ill, not Harry.

Dave McIntyre WLS

Strong and stable my arse.

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 12:32 - Oct 24 with 1459 viewsPinnerPaul

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 11:55 - Oct 24 by johncharles

Dave McIntyre WLS

WLS?

Sorry for being thick?
http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/201014-qpr-keeper-calls-liverpool-match-maddes

Here is where AMc confirms RG's illness
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 14:19 - Oct 24 with 1427 viewsBluce_Ree

Green is an excellent keeper who was the main reason we got promoted. McCarthy didn't have a ton to do on Sunday and let in three goals. I'd rather have Green thanks.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024