Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is McCarthy better than Green? 17:59 - Oct 19 with 7710 viewsQPRMUSO

I thought he looked very composed, didn't show any signs of flapping that Green always does once in a game, who is the understudy, it should be green in my view?
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 18:01 - Oct 19 with 4931 viewsHunterhoop

Yes. He comes for crosses.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 18:18 - Oct 19 with 4880 viewsPunteR

His goal kicks are good. You could see he was picking out BZ who i thought was excellent.
Made 2 good saves.
Hard to say if he's better then Green as Green i think is consistent. I would like McCarthy to get a run of games now. Young,ambitious and an up and coming player is what QPR need at the moment.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 19:29 - Oct 19 with 4755 viewsGloucs_R

McCarthy was quality today, his save that fell to Balloteli was superb. Absolutley massive as well. Was Green injured or completely dropped?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 19:34 - Oct 19 with 4737 viewskysersosaqpr

Yes

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 19:34 - Oct 19 with 4736 viewsBklynRanger

No idea of the answer to that question but he doesn't appear to be rubbish.

This may only make sense to me, but his goal keeping seems to have more of an athletic snap to it than Green's.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 19:35 - Oct 19 with 4728 viewsPhilmyRs

Like him. Would give him a run in the side. Haven't seen it back but thought maybe he should have been off his line quicker for the 3rd. Think he could have made it before sterling.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 19:38 - Oct 19 with 4709 viewscollegeranger

Green has tonsillitis. Thought his display was very good neither him for Rob Green could have done anything really for the 3 goals! Good to have 2 top class keepers and no controversy!!
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 19:42 - Oct 19 with 4686 viewsJigsore

I would give him a run in the team too. We've got 2 good keepers here but McCarthy is only going to get better, maybe even a future England keeper if we don't ruin him completely.

i think Green is a good dressing room presence though so it's good if he's still in and around the first team
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 19:42]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 19:46 - Oct 19 with 4667 viewsquickpassrotter

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 19:29 - Oct 19 by Gloucs_R

McCarthy was quality today, his save that fell to Balloteli was superb. Absolutley massive as well. Was Green injured or completely dropped?

Green has tonsillitis.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 19:46 - Oct 19 with 4664 viewsjohncharles

Has Harry sold Green to Leicester ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 23:03 - Oct 19 with 4506 viewsINFIRMARY

based on today , miles better , looks in charge of the goal area

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 23:17 - Oct 19 with 4469 viewsJonDoeman

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 23:03 - Oct 19 by INFIRMARY

based on today , miles better , looks in charge of the goal area

agree.

It Is What It Is !!

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 23:24 - Oct 19 with 4441 viewsloftboy

I'm a firm believer that if a player starts even if it's only because of illness but plays well he should remain in the side until he no longer deserves to, will be interesting to see what happens once Green is fit again.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 23:27 - Oct 19 with 4432 viewsJonDoeman

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 23:24 - Oct 19 by loftboy

I'm a firm believer that if a player starts even if it's only because of illness but plays well he should remain in the side until he no longer deserves to, will be interesting to see what happens once Green is fit again.

Yeah Loftboy, Rio & Green should stay dropped.!!

It Is What It Is !!

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 23:45 - Oct 19 with 4421 viewsdavman

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 23:24 - Oct 19 by loftboy

This will be a real test of Harry and his favourites. McCarthy is just as good, if not better than Green and is the future. Let Green suffer on the bench and watch him fight for his place.

...or Harry will revert to type and put his 'boy' in...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 00:07 - Oct 20 with 4390 viewsMonkey_Roots

I thought he looked good, although I think he could have come out for their third - it's one of them though, come out and miss it and you'll always have the calamity tag.

I'm a bit surprised at some of the comments on here regarding Green though, I know he has a howler every so often, but he has been a really good keeper for us. I think I would rather see a bit more of McCarthy before dismembering green and dumping his body back down into the championship. Plus he got a proper raw deal off Hughes and stuck with us... Quid pro quo or some sh1t.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 01:05 - Oct 20 with 4351 viewsTrom

Being a Berkshire boy in my youth (Crowthorne originally) I have a few Reading mates. They really rate him. I like Green and he's a great shot stopper but mistakes are his downfall.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 08:48 - Oct 20 with 4224 viewstimcocking

Yes?
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 08:57 - Oct 20 with 4212 viewsElHoop

At the end of the day he let in three goals so it's difficult to say that he's an improvement, but the issue for me was his distribution and that looked OK yesterday. However Liverpool didn't press us at the back and he was mostly hoofing it up the park anyway. If we didn't have two big men up front then his distribution would come under more pressure, but overall he looked up to the job on this performance.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 09:03 - Oct 20 with 4198 viewsGloucs_R

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 08:57 - Oct 20 by ElHoop

At the end of the day he let in three goals so it's difficult to say that he's an improvement, but the issue for me was his distribution and that looked OK yesterday. However Liverpool didn't press us at the back and he was mostly hoofing it up the park anyway. If we didn't have two big men up front then his distribution would come under more pressure, but overall he looked up to the job on this performance.

Two goals were going harmlessly across the goal and the other was deflected.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 09:17 - Oct 20 with 4170 viewsElHoop

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 09:03 - Oct 20 by Gloucs_R

Two goals were going harmlessly across the goal and the other was deflected.

I don't know either way really. The jury's out for me. I played CB at a low level and you needed help from the keeper in terms of calling time (not in the Dunne pub landlord sense) or man on or whatever. Only the defenders themselves can know whether they received maximum assistance.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 15:26 - Oct 23 with 4001 viewskingsburyR

As the game closes in I really hope we stick with McCarthy for the Villa game.

For no other reason then that he looks more like a keeper than Green!

He's a big lad and more imposing!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 15:30 - Oct 23 with 3993 viewsNorthernr

Yes.
Is McCarthy better than Green? on 15:34 - Oct 23 with 3984 viewstoboboly

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 09:17 - Oct 20 by ElHoop

I don't know either way really. The jury's out for me. I played CB at a low level and you needed help from the keeper in terms of calling time (not in the Dunne pub landlord sense) or man on or whatever. Only the defenders themselves can know whether they received maximum assistance.

If you think that any keeper would have been at fault for the three goals we conceded then I am glad I never played in your defence.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 15:59 - Oct 23 with 3945 viewsElHoop

Is McCarthy better than Green? on 15:34 - Oct 23 by toboboly

If you think that any keeper would have been at fault for the three goals we conceded then I am glad I never played in your defence.

Crumbs, Toboboly successfully splits a hair with a computer keyboard and two fingers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024