Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) 21:18 - Oct 20 with 20077 viewsnhd23

Adel has had his say regarding Redknapp's comments and has been showing off a six pack,whilst slating Redknapp,his staff and his training.

Will be up on the Daily Mail online at about 22:00

Expect Fireworks and a whole new Redknapp v Taarabt debate
Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 02:05 - Oct 21 with 2166 viewsBklynRanger

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 01:01 - Oct 21 by CiderwithRsie

And there you have it.

As ToastR says, he looks far from "ripped" to me, looked like he's holding in his stomach about as good shape as I am (and I'm 51). And didn't really rebut Redknapp's claim that he doesn't bother running on the training pitch.

But equally, lack of both plan and organisation is obvious on the pitch and AT is not the first to say Redknapp does nothing in training sessions. He's also right to say that if you have a plan and a way of playing you can save a lot of effort on the pitch - "Work saves blood and brains save both"

A plague on both their houses. But Redknapp was a fool to make it public and the whole affair degrades QPR.

I noticed Carl Serrant sitting beside Redknapp yesterday. Obviously he'd be the one to monitor the fitness data that is being transmitted to those vests.
I wonder if he had input into the decision not to include Adel in the squad?

The fact is that he doesn't look anything special at all for a guy who gets paid a vast amount per week to stay in shape.

But yes, this isn't really about Adel - I don't see any change as far as his personality is concerned and wouldn't expect one. This is more about HR, his strange bullshitting, how he handles players, training etc, and none of it is particularly flattering.
Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 02:28 - Oct 21 with 2134 viewsFredManRave

Are we at least all agreed that by not denying it he is presently "earning" between 60k-70k a week.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 04:01 - Oct 21 with 2090 viewsRangersAreBack

Adel could set puppies alight and he'd still be a god to some. He is overweight, has been for many years and has done little noteworthy on a football pitch since our championship winning season. If he was as good as some of the Adel lovers make out he would have easily secured a transfer away from QPR by now.

As for Harry, his excuses are laughable. If we only had 12 players, that's your fault Harry; you've had 2 seasons to assemble a squad. If pre-season training was poor, that was also your fault; you decide where pre-season will take place, the training the players will undergo and the quality of the opposition the team needs to face in pre-season matches. If the players are unfit in late October, that's also your fault Harry; it's one thing to be unprepared for the start of the season but 2 months into the season is criminal.

Both these jokers need to leave our club asap.
Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 07:17 - Oct 21 with 2008 viewsisawqpratwcity

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 02:28 - Oct 21 by FredManRave

Are we at least all agreed that by not denying it he is presently "earning" between 60k-70k a week.

when did you last hear a player say what he earned?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 07:32 - Oct 21 with 1979 viewsWeaverQPR

Why is TF allowing these two to publically slate each other off, get a fcking grip of this club and keep this shit in house.

@WeavQPR

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 08:21 - Oct 21 with 1887 viewsqprichard

Just a thought.

HR and TF go to dinner Friday. HR tells TF he needs more players in January to keep us up. TF reminds him he said that in pre season and September. In any case he has already had a fortune since he has been here and got us in deep brown stuff with financial fair play. If he wants more he will have to free some money up.
HR knows he has tried everything to get rid of SWP and failed so thinks lets see if I can p*** off Adel enough to go.
Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 08:31 - Oct 21 with 1873 viewsNortholt_Rs

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 08:21 - Oct 21 by qprichard

Just a thought.

HR and TF go to dinner Friday. HR tells TF he needs more players in January to keep us up. TF reminds him he said that in pre season and September. In any case he has already had a fortune since he has been here and got us in deep brown stuff with financial fair play. If he wants more he will have to free some money up.
HR knows he has tried everything to get rid of SWP and failed so thinks lets see if I can p*** off Adel enough to go.

Which assumes another club wants him when all evidence is to the contrary....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 08:32 - Oct 21 with 1863 viewskropotkin41

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 08:31 - Oct 21 by Northolt_Rs

Which assumes another club wants him when all evidence is to the contrary....

Some outfit in the UAE or the States wanting to sell shirts?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 08:37 - Oct 21 with 1846 viewshopphoops

Redknapp out. Seedorf in. Go on Tone.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 08:37 - Oct 21 with 1845 viewsCiderwithRsie

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 22:48 - Oct 20 by loftboy

Am I the only one who realised Redknapp was exaggerating to make a point when he said 3 stone? The equivalent of when you scratch your car slightly and for what would be £100 bill you say "fücking hell that's going to cost thousands"

Well you're right, he didn't even directly refer to Taarabt by name in that phrase, he said "I can't protect people who don't want to run and train, and are about three stone overweight,"

But it was an obvious public dig at a player who wasn't even on the pitch in the game under discussion. Obviously if a player is unfit they need a rocket, in very rare cases maybe they will respond better if the rocket is public. Clearly hasn't worked here as Taraabt failed to recognise the statement wasn't literal - no surprise as he's not got English as 1st language and doesn't seem super-bright - and was p*ssed off about being publicly humiliated, as most people would be.

Should have been said in private. Maybe HR's already done that and has now given up but this just makes the club look stupid and damages the re-sale value. And HR has form on this - publicly destroyed Boswinga but still picked him for several games. Fundamentally he was right about Boswinga and maybe he is about AT but it's not a smart way of handling it - at least, not for QPR; it might suit HR's agenda. Depends if you think he's a bit of a buffoon or just pretends to be one - bit like the tax thing, really.
Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 08:37 - Oct 21 with 1843 viewsRangersw12

Redlnapp has never liked Adel which has been proved how he has managed him over the years

Adel needs to play he is our only creative spark and is our best player
Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:04 - Oct 21 with 1791 viewsingeminate

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 00:46 - Oct 21 by Hunterhoop

Of course Adel has a right to reply. Imagine if you were him and your boss publically slagged you off and embarrassed you AND you felt it wasn't the truth...you'd reply.

Whether he's done it in the best way is a separate matter.

Most importantly, he isn't 3 stone overweight. At 85kg, he's 13.5 stone and he's 6'1". I'd suggest he's probably 5kgs overweight. So 2/3 of a stone overweight. That's a big difference. Danny Shittu was 15 stone and 6'3" and everyone claimed he was a beast. But Clint Hill is 6'1" and 76kg and is a rock.

It's all relative.

BUT, he is clearly not 3 stone overweight. It's massive hyperbole like the 12 outfield players in Ireland nonsense. AND it was grossly unprofessional.

Redknapp was wrong, unprofessional and has acted not in the interests of QPR in creating this situation. Rather than managing it for the good of the club, he has not tried, publically embarrassed the player to protect himself and created a public tiff. Awful management.

100% agree with this.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:05 - Oct 21 with 1790 viewsrobith

He's on 70k and never reached his potential for us

When not in the team he didn't bother watching his team mates play

He has disrespected the club over and over again

All could be used to describe Barton yet he has his name cheered to the rafters
Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:14 - Oct 21 with 1765 viewsA40Bosh

Is Moyes back in work yet?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:19 - Oct 21 with 1742 viewsElHoop

Harry and the plot appear to have terminally parted company and are walking in opposite directions.
Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:23 - Oct 21 with 1720 viewsdanehoop

I was pondering where the right of this was so using the ever reliable Wikipedia to get Adel's height (1.78M) and applying weight that he says he is (84KG) you get :

Body mass index (BMI) = 26.8 and the news that he is overweight, with a healthy weight range for this height: 58.6kg - 79.5kg

Now the problem with that is these are weights for a normal person doing moderate exercise a couple of times a week. For a professional sportsman you should probably see them towards the lower end of that range.
Interestingly, if Wiki is to be believed, Adels weight was 77KGs when he came to us, so there looks to have been evidence of some expansion there.

Never knowingly understood

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:25 - Oct 21 with 1704 viewsWestminsteRs

Redknapp FFS. I don't know if he's just a complete fantasist or a Grade A Idiot. The only thing he seems to care about is getting himself in the papers. Suppose that's a good move when you know that at some point in the next 6 or 12 months you could be looking at a media career and it won't be a bad idea to update the old "autobiography" with a new chapter will it?

HE shunned Adel, then relied on him, then shunned him again. Then when the club failed to buy a striker in August one of the reasons given is that Adel is there and ready to take the division by storm. On a related note, based on HR's interviews on Sunday, the fact that "the little boy from Chile" is a decent goal scorer seems to have taken him by surprise. Isn't that why we got him in?

Other than his propensity to get away from reality a bit (can't read, "ain't making no excuses", Sandro's knee, Adel's weight), it's the inconsistency that kills us. There is never any stability. I don't know if that's because he gets bored, wants attention or what but the tactics are always changing, the personnel has to change every transfer window and his opinions on players and team selection means that the old jokes about a tombola seem near to the mark (Yun was a forgotten man until Sunday. Turns out he's a decent player too).

Taarabt needs consistency. He's got the mentality of a toddler. Either you love him, completely bomb him out or discipline him in a consistent way. He's not emotionally intelligent enough, it would seem, to deal with being frozen out, sl4gged off and then brought back. It was fine in the Hughes days with the likes of Hill, Mackie and Derry. They coped, they worked hard and took their chances when they were brought back. That's not going to happen with Adel.

Redknapp's decision to air dirty laundry in public is embarrassing. He should know better.

The real question, however, is how many players did he take to Ireland?
Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:26 - Oct 21 with 1703 viewsWeaverQPR

Id move Redknapp upstairs, Les downstairs, Hoddle into the box room,Bondy (007) Bond will have to move out as he and Katie Price don't get on anymore.

@WeavQPR

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:29 - Oct 21 with 1687 viewspaulparker

Just as well the internet & this forum wasn't around when Stan Bowles was in his prime in the 70's
Adel plays for us because he has attitude problems, if he didn't and was the best trainer in the world then he would be playing champions league football
like it or not the bloke needs an arm putting round him and his ego needs to be told he is the best player in the world, Surely Arry could do that now & again
for me Adel is one of those players who hates training but give him a start on match days and he could be the difference between winning & losing
we are QPR , we have always been about flair players and mavericks,
im not condoning some of Adels behaviour but lets face it Arry hates him and doesn't want him here,if your boss doesn't want you then you natural reaction is to do fcuk all at work
Arry is doing his normal blame everyone else routine and this time I hope it blows up in his face

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:32 - Oct 21 with 1669 viewsClive_Anderson

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:26 - Oct 21 by WeaverQPR

Id move Redknapp upstairs, Les downstairs, Hoddle into the box room,Bondy (007) Bond will have to move out as he and Katie Price don't get on anymore.

Ugh no Redknapp upstairs with his hands even closer to the till? No thanks just get rid of the parasite.

As for Tarbs, it's obvious he needs to be in the team. Everything else is just irrelevant (unless you really think Matt Phillips is a better option at the moment).
Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:35 - Oct 21 with 1658 viewsA40Bosh

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:23 - Oct 21 by danehoop

I was pondering where the right of this was so using the ever reliable Wikipedia to get Adel's height (1.78M) and applying weight that he says he is (84KG) you get :

Body mass index (BMI) = 26.8 and the news that he is overweight, with a healthy weight range for this height: 58.6kg - 79.5kg

Now the problem with that is these are weights for a normal person doing moderate exercise a couple of times a week. For a professional sportsman you should probably see them towards the lower end of that range.
Interestingly, if Wiki is to be believed, Adels weight was 77KGs when he came to us, so there looks to have been evidence of some expansion there.

http://www.bhf.org.uk/bmi/BMI_Calc.html

As I suspected BMI is not accurate for professional athletes due to muscle being heavier than fat.

That is a point of clarity - not support for Adel v Harry.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:40 - Oct 21 with 1636 viewsWeaverQPR

Redknapp is just a very lazy manager, Taarabt too much effort.
Redknapps player recruitment is lazy, just sign names who no longer need coaching, when was the last time he unearthed a gem? Even Vargas was signed on the back of good WC.
The Taarabt article about training methods is no surprise.

@WeavQPR

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:41 - Oct 21 with 1630 viewsCiderwithRsie

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:25 - Oct 21 by WestminsteRs

Redknapp FFS. I don't know if he's just a complete fantasist or a Grade A Idiot. The only thing he seems to care about is getting himself in the papers. Suppose that's a good move when you know that at some point in the next 6 or 12 months you could be looking at a media career and it won't be a bad idea to update the old "autobiography" with a new chapter will it?

HE shunned Adel, then relied on him, then shunned him again. Then when the club failed to buy a striker in August one of the reasons given is that Adel is there and ready to take the division by storm. On a related note, based on HR's interviews on Sunday, the fact that "the little boy from Chile" is a decent goal scorer seems to have taken him by surprise. Isn't that why we got him in?

Other than his propensity to get away from reality a bit (can't read, "ain't making no excuses", Sandro's knee, Adel's weight), it's the inconsistency that kills us. There is never any stability. I don't know if that's because he gets bored, wants attention or what but the tactics are always changing, the personnel has to change every transfer window and his opinions on players and team selection means that the old jokes about a tombola seem near to the mark (Yun was a forgotten man until Sunday. Turns out he's a decent player too).

Taarabt needs consistency. He's got the mentality of a toddler. Either you love him, completely bomb him out or discipline him in a consistent way. He's not emotionally intelligent enough, it would seem, to deal with being frozen out, sl4gged off and then brought back. It was fine in the Hughes days with the likes of Hill, Mackie and Derry. They coped, they worked hard and took their chances when they were brought back. That's not going to happen with Adel.

Redknapp's decision to air dirty laundry in public is embarrassing. He should know better.

The real question, however, is how many players did he take to Ireland?

Spot on.

It wasn't fine in Hughes' day either, that was a disaster too. Some good blokes put up with it but they hated it and we still went down. Didn't we hire HR to end that?

And *everyone* needs a bit of consistency. Who *would* cope "with being frozen out, sl4gged off and then brought back."? Not me.

I'm in the Grade A Idiot Camp. There was actually a lot of positivity around after the game (relatively) and all that's blown by a comment that didn't need to be made. This is the guy who could have been managing the best Spurs side in years or managing England, and blew both chances.
Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:53 - Oct 21 with 1594 viewsSomersetHoops

There are some facts involved here:-
Redknapp said the team is unfit.
Redknapp publicly announced Taraabt is 3 stone overweight.
Taraabt says he isn't overweight and that if the team is unfit its because the training and coaching isn't good enough.

What do we take from this?
Taraabt may not be fully fit, but he clearly isn't 3 stone overweight, so either Harry is telling public lies or doesn't know the condition of his players. Either of these options should be unacceptable.

Suddenly from being an unfit team the players give the best performance since Redknapp has been at the club - according to him. If the players are unfit after several months of training under Redknapp is it the players or coaches who are responsible? How come they change from being an unfit team from giving the best performance in a week?

We have a set of players that should have performed better more often and make less mistakes and understand their job on the pitch, but they don't. This suggests the coaching and preparation for games is not what it should be. Who's responsibility is that?

I don't blame Taraabt for responding to very public criticism anybody who values their reputation would, but he is paid to do his best for QPR and clearly hasn't, so it probably is best that he leaves.

This spat has brought Redknapp's failings into the open and they need to be fully investigated by the owners and once they have done that, they need to take the necessary action and start to manage the club properly.
The failings so far during the Fernandes regime are exactly because of their failure to do that. It seems that when it comes to football, celebrity status and media perceptions of employees are far more important than how well they perform in their job. I'm pretty certain the other enterprises under these owners control are not managed on that basis.

Who's Next?

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:57 - Oct 21 with 1571 viewsisawqpratwcity

Redknapp v Adel PART II (Adels side) on 09:23 - Oct 21 by danehoop

you got his weight wrong, you got his height wrong, you didn't calculate it at the weight you claimed and you got got the info on bmi and professional athletes wrong.

why didn't you just read my post on page three?

and where on wiki does it say he was 77 kg when he first came to us?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024