Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) 10:46 - Oct 21 with 8928 viewssaxbend

I'm having my next big life event in Richmond on the evening of the 29th November and since it's my show and I'm calling all the shots I'm including all QPR Season Ticket Holders in the Concessions bracket for the entry prices.

I'm launching my band's album - the launch has been a while coming, dragging on somewhat as I discovered various dead ends with promoters and venues, but I've finally found the right venue and sorted it all out myself for next month and I'd really appreciate it if loads of Rs came down after the game. My singer is a West Brom fan, and if she brings more mates than me, well...

There's a Facebook event page here if that's more your thing, but all the info you need is on the above picture. https://www.facebook.com/events/1502657196671301/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

And if you want to hear clips of the music you can find them here: http://www.platoniccurry.com
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 10:51 - Oct 21 with 7452 viewsA40Bosh

Sorry Saxbend but, like you, I too with be gigging on the evening of the 29th Nov, so I cant make it.

Unfortunately as it is a work colleague's wedding at a golf club I can't invite any Rangers fans along either, so it will just be me.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 10:52 - Oct 21 with 7444 viewssaxbend

I feel your pain. Ten days ago I was doing a function gig for a load of Chelsea fans. We butchered the Liquidator but they didn't notice because they were too busy shouting "Chelsea!".
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 10:58 - Oct 21 with 7426 viewsA40Bosh

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 10:52 - Oct 21 by saxbend

I feel your pain. Ten days ago I was doing a function gig for a load of Chelsea fans. We butchered the Liquidator but they didn't notice because they were too busy shouting "Chelsea!".

Band Rider

24' x 10' stage area (raised)
Clean dressing room large enough for 5 adult males (toilets do not qualify)
PRIOR KNOWLEDGE OF INHOUSE SOUND LIMITER WHICH CUTS OUT
Hot meal if arrival before 7pm or more than 2hrs travel to venue
ABSOLUTELY NO CHELSEA FANS ALLOWED WITHIN 10 MILES OF VENUE ON THE NIGHT!!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 11:31 - Oct 21 with 7363 viewskingsburyR

Nice to see you havent been terminated by ticket touts yet!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 11:33 - Oct 21 with 7354 viewsMytch_QPR

Don't think I will be able to make it, Ben - but good luck, I hope you get a good crowd after 3 points for the Rs (!!!)
Where on earth did the name Platonic Curry come from?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 12:04 - Oct 21 with 7318 viewssaxbend

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 11:31 - Oct 21 by kingsburyR

Nice to see you havent been terminated by ticket touts yet!!!

Not yet. But then I haven't been back to White Hart Lane. I did have words with a few at Loftus Road on Sunday. Not the same ones of course. I just told them they shouldn't be doing it as it's not right. Protestations of "it's all legal now" came back. Doesn't make it right of course.

The name Platonic Curry came about as a measured response to a friend of mine (great singer - sings with Paloma Faith among others) describing something as Sexual Chocolate. I've always tended towards terms that are a bit more savoury and a bit less forthright when describing the music I do so I thought it would make a good band name.

I did at one point think of using the name "the 4:47 crew" as a band name, referring to all the haters who come on message boards just before full time of a game they haven't been at, but when researching it I discovered that there was a French flight 447 that went missing once so thought it may trigger some kind of sensitive backlash.
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 14:21 - Oct 21 with 7216 viewsloftboy

Be missing only my second game of the season that day as I'm off to paris with the mrs for 3 days, my kids will however be in attendance and will have the pleasure of trance trousers( sharpy) and a neighbour of mine in attendance
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 14:21]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 14:27 - Oct 21 with 7195 viewssaxbend

I'll be missing my second game not long after as I'm going to a party in Italy on the 20th December. What difficult lives we lead... ;)
Login to get fewer ads

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 15:38 - Oct 22 with 7052 viewssaxbend

By the way, relating to the most diverting Covers thread from last week, this is the one cover on the album. I've always felt if you're going to do a cover, you should make it as different to the original as you can, rather than just piggyback your way to notoriety on a well known song that is a masterpiece as it is, adding nothing to it but your name, and usually taking a hell of a lot away.

Strictly speaking this is a cover of a cover, but all three versions are vastly different. :)

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 22:09 - Oct 22 with 6896 viewsbluetooth

I might come, like a drink in Richmond.

What's the dress code?

No Trainers, shoes, slippers, boots, socks or stockings I take it? Will you supply those little blue over shoe, sorry mean over feet things?

If so I'm In

PS... any room in the set for a very good bit of stand up comedy? only I know a mate you see who rather good.

Good luck either way
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 08:27 - Oct 23 with 6772 viewssaxbend

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 22:09 - Oct 22 by bluetooth

I might come, like a drink in Richmond.

What's the dress code?

No Trainers, shoes, slippers, boots, socks or stockings I take it? Will you supply those little blue over shoe, sorry mean over feet things?

If so I'm In

PS... any room in the set for a very good bit of stand up comedy? only I know a mate you see who rather good.

Good luck either way

Dress code is same as at Rangers; basically unless you're naked or wearing a Chelsea shirt you're in. :)

Your best bet for drinks is the pub next door though. The venue recommends it in fact. Doors don't open 'til 8 so drink wherever you like until then and then pop over to the pub between sets too if you fancy another. They have a lot of good food at the venue itself but keep it dry to make life easier for the addicts in the homeless project they run.
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 21:54 - Oct 23 with 6682 viewsbluetooth

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 08:27 - Oct 23 by saxbend

Dress code is same as at Rangers; basically unless you're naked or wearing a Chelsea shirt you're in. :)

Your best bet for drinks is the pub next door though. The venue recommends it in fact. Doors don't open 'til 8 so drink wherever you like until then and then pop over to the pub between sets too if you fancy another. They have a lot of good food at the venue itself but keep it dry to make life easier for the addicts in the homeless project they run.

Cool and I can go without a beer so my well pop along.

Good stuff Ben I've been in some dark places and people, projects and places like this venue and your self are a big help.

Keep up the good work, but ware some bloody shoes you loon ;)
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 22:53 - Oct 23 with 6658 viewsSimonJames

All day drinking session in Twickenham and watching England smash the Aussies.

100% of people who drink water will die.

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 01:10 - Oct 24 with 6617 viewssaxbend

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 21:54 - Oct 23 by bluetooth

Cool and I can go without a beer so my well pop along.

Good stuff Ben I've been in some dark places and people, projects and places like this venue and your self are a big help.

Keep up the good work, but ware some bloody shoes you loon ;)

I'm wearing a bloody shirt for the Halloween gig I'm doing if that's any good to you. ;)
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 21:14 - Oct 24 with 6545 viewsRoller

Will you be doing your Bobby Zamora song?
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 21:33 - Oct 24 with 6537 viewssaxbend

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 21:14 - Oct 24 by Roller

Will you be doing your Bobby Zamora song?

I do a ska version of 7 nation army with a function band I play with (including on the afore mentioned Halloween gig). One, or possible even two will be playing with my band on this launch, so it may be arranged if requested.

If enough Rs turn up and demand it, then sure!
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 21:46 - Oct 25 with 6474 viewssaxbend

Meanwhile, this lovely lady is providing the support act. I'm going to see her set tomorrow evening in Isleworth as well in case anyone fancies it - at a pub called the Swan.

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 13:03 - Nov 13 with 6363 viewssaxbend

I want to give this another bump or six as the day of the Leicester game is approaching.

So if you're making plans for the 29th including going to the game, you can include this for afterwards. (Tip: get a few beers in on the way in Richmond before 8pm as it's a dry venue due to their community projects with the homeless. They recommend the pub nearby and are quite happy for you to go back and forth during the evening).
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 22:10 - Nov 24 with 6235 viewssaxbend

I'm still hoping to see lots of Rs at this. It's local and you get discount entry and I'll even do a live version of the Bobby Zamora song if it's demanded.

Plus, my singer has persuaded me to offer the same discount to London Baggies members who'll be back in time because they're home game is an early kick off, so we don't want to be outnumbered by them, do we! ;)

If you are a facebook person, you can declare your attendance on the event page here. Go on, you might actually have a good time! :) https://www.facebook.com/events/1502657196671301/
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 23:48 - Nov 24 with 6157 viewsPunteR

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 13:03 - Nov 13 by saxbend

I want to give this another bump or six as the day of the Leicester game is approaching.

So if you're making plans for the 29th including going to the game, you can include this for afterwards. (Tip: get a few beers in on the way in Richmond before 8pm as it's a dry venue due to their community projects with the homeless. They recommend the pub nearby and are quite happy for you to go back and forth during the evening).

The victoria inn is the nearest pub,which is probably the smallest pub in England. Its literally the size of an average front room. Nice beer though.
Further up the hill is one of my favorite pubs The Roebuck. On top of Richmond hill which over looks the Thames, Richmond,Twickenham and beyond..
Nice cozy pub.
I'm working that weekend Saxbend ,hope it goes well.
I use to know that part of Richmond well. The Parish helped me get on the housing list when i was a wayward youth.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 02:10 - Nov 25 with 6126 viewsFredManRave

In answer to the original question, I would have thought that's obvious, waiting for Annti's 6 knee jerk reaction thread. Let's just hope his knee jerk is quicker next time around and that Clive has pleaded with him, again, to continue.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 12:09 - Nov 26 with 5964 viewssaxbend

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 23:48 - Nov 24 by PunteR

The victoria inn is the nearest pub,which is probably the smallest pub in England. Its literally the size of an average front room. Nice beer though.
Further up the hill is one of my favorite pubs The Roebuck. On top of Richmond hill which over looks the Thames, Richmond,Twickenham and beyond..
Nice cozy pub.
I'm working that weekend Saxbend ,hope it goes well.
I use to know that part of Richmond well. The Parish helped me get on the housing list when i was a wayward youth.

Thanks for the tip. I've got my final rehearsal this afternoon. It's all coming together rather neatly now. Should be a great evening. Hopefully Leicester won't have me begin it in a bad mood! :)
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 16:42 - Nov 26 with 5900 viewsQPRMUSO

Good luck Ben, I can't make it but will keep an eye on your band..
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 07:57 - Nov 27 with 5838 viewsCanadaRanger

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 11:33 - Oct 21 by Mytch_QPR

Don't think I will be able to make it, Ben - but good luck, I hope you get a good crowd after 3 points for the Rs (!!!)
Where on earth did the name Platonic Curry come from?

And was it a Major decision...?
What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 08:11 - Nov 27 with 5833 viewssaxbend

What are you all doing after the Leicester game? (Hint coming...) on 07:57 - Nov 27 by CanadaRanger

And was it a Major decision...?

Pretty easy decision to make, once I had the phrase in my head (as a more reserved and savoury version of sexual chocolate) I knew I'd be using it for something.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024