Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statement from the Offish... 17:04 - Oct 21 with 6726 viewsBrightonhoop

QPR Chairman Tony Fernandes issues statement relating to recent press coverage involving Harry Redknapp and Adel Taarabt …
QPR CHAIRMAN Tony Fernandes has issued the following statement relating to recent press coverage involving Harry Redknapp and Adel Taarabt:

‘As a club, we are fully aware of stories in the press over the last few days regarding Harry Redknapp and Adel Taarabt.

We regret these issues being played out in public and both Harry Redknapp and Adel Taarabt have been notified of our disappointment regarding their handling of the situation. I have spoken to them both personally.

On behalf of the club, I would like to apologise to the QPR supporters for the embarrassment this has caused and confirm that the issue has been dealt with internally.

The club’s entire focus is now on the Aston Villa fixture next Monday and hopefully after a tough few days we can turn a negative into a positive and build on Sunday’s improved display.’

The club will be making no further comment.
Statement from the Offish... on 17:07 - Oct 21 with 3621 viewsShotKneesHoop

That's a real slap in the chops for Bagpuss, at last a balanced statement from our Tone - but it's more embarrassing for 'Arry because he started it.

I reckon the writing is on the wall for both of them now and it's all down to results from now on - as it should be.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Statement from the Offish... on 17:09 - Oct 21 with 3609 viewsdaveB

right thing for the club to do, could hardly pin it all on Taarabt when Redknapp went off on one again today. That Villa game is massive for Redknapp now, he can't afford to lose that imo
Statement from the Offish... on 17:11 - Oct 21 with 3578 viewswombat

Statement from the Offish... on 17:09 - Oct 21 by daveB

right thing for the club to do, could hardly pin it all on Taarabt when Redknapp went off on one again today. That Villa game is massive for Redknapp now, he can't afford to lose that imo

anything less than 3 points Monday and its good by shaky for me
also think you can count on a far bit of abuse if it does go pete tong during the game towards arrry

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Statement from the Offish... on 17:11 - Oct 21 with 3577 viewsElHoop

'Have been notified' sounds like a written warning to me.
Statement from the Offish... on 17:13 - Oct 21 with 3559 viewsCroydonCaptJack

So what do we think the chance of AT featuring is?????
Statement from the Offish... on 17:14 - Oct 21 with 3549 viewsdaveB

Statement from the Offish... on 17:11 - Oct 21 by wombat

also think you can count on a far bit of abuse if it does go pete tong during the game towards arrry

yeah he has to win that one, he'd have got away with a good performance and draw against Villa before Adel gate, he's bang in trouble now.

Mind you have to laugh at Fernandes, he was slating Adel over the weekend as well on twitter
Statement from the Offish... on 17:14 - Oct 21 with 3546 viewsessextaxiboy

Statement from the Offish... on 17:11 - Oct 21 by wombat

Not if Adel is on the pitch .

if he is fit and up for it and the rest play like they did on Sunday we will be fine IMO
Statement from the Offish... on 17:14 - Oct 21 with 3547 views18StoneOfHoop

This.
Perfect spot on judicious even-handed exemplary statement.
Forget the blame game.
United we must be against the deadly Aston Peaky Blinders led by the infamous speccy sweaty Lambert!
Watch out for Benteke,Benny and his wooly hat and Miss Diane!

If we ain't united what will we be?

All pull together,We got to fight back! We got to strike back!

WE ARE QPR! #TOGETHER! #FINDAWAY!

COME ON YOU RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 17:48]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Login to get fewer ads

Statement from the Offish... on 17:14 - Oct 21 with 3546 viewslondonscottish

Hang on. Is this another thread? Sshhh - don't tell Clive.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Statement from the Offish... on 17:18 - Oct 21 with 3497 viewsjohncharles

Taarabt comes out of much the same as he went in, very talented but hard to handle although he gets a couple of bonus points for standing up to Harry. How does Redknapp come out of it ? Small minded and a liar. Someone who has borne a grudge since their days at Tottenham. His days as a manager of anywhere must be numbered. Not sure that the TV companies will be queing up for him after this.

Strong and stable my arse.

Statement from the Offish... on 17:30 - Oct 21 with 3414 viewsbarbicanranger

Statement from the Offish... on 17:18 - Oct 21 by johncharles

Taarabt comes out of much the same as he went in, very talented but hard to handle although he gets a couple of bonus points for standing up to Harry. How does Redknapp come out of it ? Small minded and a liar. Someone who has borne a grudge since their days at Tottenham. His days as a manager of anywhere must be numbered. Not sure that the TV companies will be queing up for him after this.

I have to agree with you mate. It's hard to believe that a player Arry thought worthy of an appearance a week and half ago against west ham is now 3 stone over weight, etc. By saying that he's actually undermining himself because he's admitting he played someone who was over-weight and can't even run around for the reserves.

This statement also reaffirms my thought that the one thing this board has got really right is that they are balanced in their relationships with the players and the manager, Hughes kicked Barton out of the club but the Board maintained a relationship, same with Tarrabt - at the end of the day, in the case of Tarrabt (and Barton to a lesser extent), you don't want to lose good players just because the manager doesn't like them.
Statement from the Offish... on 18:02 - Oct 21 with 3223 viewssdm1508

Now I'm not going to argue the cases of all involved and who was right and who was wrong. I don't think that HR really believes he is over weight etc etc. I think this might be more to do with the fact that Adel walked out of the meeting when told he was not in the squad. It would seem that this was a result of a poor performance in the friendly during the week. Adel himself has said his reasons for not trying in that game. In was reading and article today by a reporter saying that when Rio was informed he wasn't playing he went round each of the match day squad, shook their hands and wished them luck. I know Rio hasn't been playing well but apparently many feel he has been great around the club. Maybe HR sees this and then sees Adel's reaction. Coupled with the nature of the loss and Karl Henry saying HR was livid after the game, maybe these contributed to the outburst. Again I'm not saying who is right or wrong just that all involved should have handled this better. The only thing HR has said today that was of interest is that he would love for Adel to prove him wrong. Maybe this is the way forward for these two. HR gets Adel motivated by this episode which is the best outcome for all
Statement from the Offish... on 18:08 - Oct 21 with 3187 viewsBklynRanger

Statement from the Offish... on 17:30 - Oct 21 by barbicanranger

I have to agree with you mate. It's hard to believe that a player Arry thought worthy of an appearance a week and half ago against west ham is now 3 stone over weight, etc. By saying that he's actually undermining himself because he's admitting he played someone who was over-weight and can't even run around for the reserves.

This statement also reaffirms my thought that the one thing this board has got really right is that they are balanced in their relationships with the players and the manager, Hughes kicked Barton out of the club but the Board maintained a relationship, same with Tarrabt - at the end of the day, in the case of Tarrabt (and Barton to a lesser extent), you don't want to lose good players just because the manager doesn't like them.

But isn't that balance a large part of the problem?

Tony wining and dining players and enjoying the footballyness of it all when he should be putting the right structure in place and staying well in the background.

The fact that he chose HR as part of the current structure is just an added wrinkle in this doomed colon we call QPR.

Anyway, I'm actually quite surprised that Tone made any public criticism of HR. I wonder which paper Harry will on the blower to over this? I'll stick with the Mirror.
Statement from the Offish... on 18:14 - Oct 21 with 3146 viewsNoelmc

Villa game crucial now as you say Dave. Bookies seem to think HR is under further pressure too as odds on him being the next Prem manager to go have shortened.
Statement from the Offish... on 18:21 - Oct 21 with 3084 viewswombat

Statement from the Offish... on 18:14 - Oct 21 by Noelmc

Villa game crucial now as you say Dave. Bookies seem to think HR is under further pressure too as odds on him being the next Prem manager to go have shortened.

Gone by 10am weds if we get anything les than 3 points Monday night , hang on any longer and hello championship once again

Statement from the Offish... on 18:26 - Oct 21 with 3044 viewsShotKneesHoop

Statement from the Offish... on 18:21 - Oct 21 by wombat

Gone by 10am weds if we get anything les than 3 points Monday night , hang on any longer and hello championship once again

I want us to win ..... and I want Bagpuss gone.

That's long odds on both of those happening by Wednesday week.

But I live in hope. Maybe our Tone's balls have finally dropped.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 18:27]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Statement from the Offish... on 18:30 - Oct 21 with 3018 viewsbarbicanranger

Statement from the Offish... on 18:08 - Oct 21 by BklynRanger

But isn't that balance a large part of the problem?

Tony wining and dining players and enjoying the footballyness of it all when he should be putting the right structure in place and staying well in the background.

The fact that he chose HR as part of the current structure is just an added wrinkle in this doomed colon we call QPR.

Anyway, I'm actually quite surprised that Tone made any public criticism of HR. I wonder which paper Harry will on the blower to over this? I'll stick with the Mirror.

I know he played FIFA with Remy and has probably taken a few to dinner to convince them to join the club etc, but I dont think him wining and dining players is endemic or a cause of any problems, besides as most have acknowledged on here Tony is largely absent most the time with his other business interests. Arry's mentioned having dinner with him in a few pressers so I think that remains the strongest relationship the Board has and not with the players, but I dunno for sure mate.

I think my point is more that, as shown in this instance the Board are willing to arbitrate on an outbust from Redknapp caused by the stress of just losing and the frustration of continual pressure from the press - that left the player to look a fool and be unfairly called-out for the umpteenth time in front of the world's media and thus they have probably prevented him becoming further isolated from the group. I'm not saying what Adel's doing is right but if Arry can't manage him he's failing in his job and there's just no point reiterating it time and again in the press.
Statement from the Offish... on 18:35 - Oct 21 with 2978 viewsPunteR

Something had to be said from the club.
The only positive i can see is if Rednapp apologises and plays Taraabt against the Villains and Taraabt works his nuts off on the training pitch and bags us the winner.
Wont happen though will it... Rednapp apologizing.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Statement from the Offish... on 18:53 - Oct 21 with 2893 viewsbosh67

Difficult for the club to do anything else. Adel clearly isn't overweight or unfit to the point he can't play.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Statement from the Offish... on 18:56 - Oct 21 with 2880 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Ian Taylor must be wondering wtf as he is the media guy. As a whole, QPR need a public relations lesson pretty damn quickly. Fernandes is not an innocent party, stop tvvattering away and lead by example.

QPR know no bounds when it comes to humiliating their fans in public.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 19:26]
Statement from the Offish... on 18:58 - Oct 21 with 2865 viewswombat

Statement from the Offish... on 18:53 - Oct 21 by bosh67

Difficult for the club to do anything else. Adel clearly isn't overweight or unfit to the point he can't play.

Best we will get is Adel on the bench and given two mins at the end with villa being 3 up , Harry then says not my fault look at the size of adels arse it's like a small planet that's why we lost defo not my fault that's for sure . Bonds get the car warmed up I'm going home

Statement from the Offish... on 19:06 - Oct 21 with 2822 viewsjohncharles

Statement from the Offish... on 18:35 - Oct 21 by PunteR

Something had to be said from the club.
The only positive i can see is if Rednapp apologises and plays Taraabt against the Villains and Taraabt works his nuts off on the training pitch and bags us the winner.
Wont happen though will it... Rednapp apologizing.

Almost right. Redknapp forced to play Adel. Adel gets the winner. Harry jumps up and down and claims the credit.

Statement from the Offish... on 19:10 - Oct 21 with 2799 viewsWestbourneR

Statement from the Offish... on 19:06 - Oct 21 by johncharles

Almost right. Redknapp forced to play Adel. Adel gets the winner. Harry jumps up and down and claims the credit.

Has to be said there is a difference between not being really fat and being fit enough to play 90mins of Prem football.

Adel lifting his t-shirt doesn't prove he wouldn't be puffing after 20 mins.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Statement from the Offish... on 19:21 - Oct 21 with 2732 viewsdavman

Best statement to come out of the club in years.

Shame Tone ruined it with that stoopid tweet over the weekend!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Statement from the Offish... on 19:24 - Oct 21 with 2723 viewsjohncharles

Statement from the Offish... on 19:10 - Oct 21 by WestbourneR

Has to be said there is a difference between not being really fat and being fit enough to play 90mins of Prem football.

Adel lifting his t-shirt doesn't prove he wouldn't be puffing after 20 mins.

It proves he's not 3st overweight though. Or don't you agree ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024