Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derry (again) 11:44 - Oct 22 with 2034 viewssevenhoop

I make no apologies for bringing his name up again. I've been banging the drum on his behalf since last season -0 when he went to Notts County, they were almost dead and buried. it took him a while to turn them around, but he did, and kept them up.

And look at this season. We'd be mad not to try to appoint him and Hill as his assistant - the dream team!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29608541
Derry (again) on 11:46 - Oct 22 with 2027 viewsNorthernr

Derry was very shrewd when he went there finding a very experienced lower league manager in Abbott and persuading him to be his assistant. Doing a great job.
Derry (again) on 11:57 - Oct 22 with 1973 viewsdaveB

I've love him as our manager but not sure he'd want to leave his boyhood club for this circus
Derry (again) on 12:09 - Oct 22 with 1937 viewsingeminate

If we go down then he'd be a great appointment for the championship -

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Derry (again) on 12:10 - Oct 22 with 1929 viewsadhoc_qpr

Next season's (probable championship) campaign is likely too soon for Derry to be considered by us.
Derry (again) on 12:13 - Oct 22 with 1915 viewswgchoop

Doing a good job but even he said while on punditry duty for sky that he still had a few rungs of the managerial ladder to climb yet,but worth keeping an eye on.
Derry (again) on 12:16 - Oct 22 with 1901 viewsClive_Anderson

Derry (again) on 12:13 - Oct 22 by wgchoop

Doing a good job but even he said while on punditry duty for sky that he still had a few rungs of the managerial ladder to climb yet,but worth keeping an eye on.

He has less rungs to climb than anyone we've had as manager since Warnock.

And the good thing is that he seems prepared to actually improve himself, rather than just sit about acting too big for the club.

Only thing is can't see him wanting to come to us.
Derry (again) on 12:25 - Oct 22 with 1860 viewskensalriser

as he clearly has his head screwed on he'll probably stay at County for at least another full season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Derry (again) on 12:29 - Oct 22 with 1840 viewsisawqpratwcity

nah, stick with it.

take your club as far as you can.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Derry (again) on 12:40 - Oct 22 with 1814 viewsQPunkR

I'd love him to come and take over in future, but not right now. Not because I don't think he couldn't do a better job than Redkrapp (even Mr. Bean's faithful one-eyed teddybear could), but because he should spend more time honing his talent. Also, it's the club he supports, so he should give it a fair good crack of the whip and see how far he can take them.

QPR - "shit but local"

Derry (again) on 16:32 - Oct 22 with 1606 viewsstowmarketrange

We might have seen him as some sort of saviour with his performances for us,but why should we assume that he'd want to come and manage us at all.He might have been doing his well paid job in playing his best for the team that were paying his wages?
Sometimes ex players tarnish their image at a club by going back as a manager.Gary Waddock and John Gregory were about as bad as Gerry Francis was good.
If he proved himself over time as a competent manager,then I'd be all in favour of him becoming our boss,but I wouldn't expect him to drop everything just because we asked him too.
Derry (again) on 16:43 - Oct 22 with 1581 viewsessextaxiboy

A great bloke and doing a brilliant job but a massive gamble to appoint him into a struggling Premier League club IMO
Derry (again) on 16:59 - Oct 22 with 1556 viewsBklynRanger

Derry (again) on 12:25 - Oct 22 by kensalriser

as he clearly has his head screwed on he'll probably stay at County for at least another full season.

Yeah, I honestly wouldn't want to do it to him. All the pressure and crap he'd have to wade through if he came to us - he deserves better than that.
Derry (again) on 17:12 - Oct 22 with 1522 viewspaulparker

Derry (again) on 16:32 - Oct 22 by stowmarketrange

We might have seen him as some sort of saviour with his performances for us,but why should we assume that he'd want to come and manage us at all.He might have been doing his well paid job in playing his best for the team that were paying his wages?
Sometimes ex players tarnish their image at a club by going back as a manager.Gary Waddock and John Gregory were about as bad as Gerry Francis was good.
If he proved himself over time as a competent manager,then I'd be all in favour of him becoming our boss,but I wouldn't expect him to drop everything just because we asked him too.

John Gregory bad , Really ??
c'mon Stowmarket that's harsh
Gregory kept us up and inherited the mess left by Paladini & Waddock
he got the best out of cookie, Blackstock & Rowlands
re signed Camp , got in a young manciene & Smith
got in Boulder when Bircham wasn't up to it anymore
Got a leader in Cullip at the back
got the Spanish midfielder from derby I forget his name
all of this when we were dead & Buried & up to our necks in sh*T
I do admit he lost the plot a bit when tango & cash took over but that was down to being a dead man walking
the job Gregory done that season was a miracle

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Derry (again) on 21:50 - Oct 22 with 1417 viewsstowmarketrange

Derry (again) on 17:12 - Oct 22 by paulparker

I do admit he lost the plot a bit when tango & cash took over but that was down to being a dead man walking

Alright he wasnt as bad as Waddock and maybe I was a bit harsh,but I was trying to stress the point that sometimes a former player who did well doesnt necessarily mean that he will do a good job as a manager.
Derry (again) on 22:18 - Oct 22 with 1378 viewsCiderwithRsie

Derry (again) on 17:12 - Oct 22 by paulparker

I thought Gregory did pretty well, considering. No bad feelings from me.

He definitely lost interest at the end but I can't blame him much when it was made clear that Briatore was going to get rid asap. And in hindsight, anyone who looked at Briatore and didn't fancy him much goes up in my estimation.

Idiakez from Derby, surely?
Derry (again) on 23:21 - Oct 22 with 1342 viewsHollowayRanger

yea Gregory was ok saved us first season and 2nd wasn't great but he had no money to play with, doing ok at crawley now

and lets not forget ainsworth he's top of division 2

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Derry (again) on 08:08 - Oct 23 with 1226 viewsPunteR

I'd have him over Rednapp right now but in reality in not sure he's ready to manage in the premier league just yet.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Derry (again) on 08:31 - Oct 23 with 1208 viewssaxbend

No point him going anywhere else just yet. He needs to see his current job through. Give him at least another couple of years there and then he'll be more of a finished article, and Notts County will hopefully be in a stable position where a change of manager won't hurt them too badly. Same with Ainsworth. Looks like they will be great managers, but they have to make the most of their current jobs if it's to set them up for a good career each.
Derry (again) on 08:47 - Oct 23 with 1196 viewsLblock

I'd love a Derry Hill axis to take the club forward next season no matter what level
But would they want to be involved in running the circus?

I fear it's far more likely they will head in the direction of Warnock and the increasingly we'll run Crystal Meth Palace
A shame as both would be great at reestablishing some sense and core values to the club

However don't forget.... We may need our next incumbents to have a working knowledge of the Conference!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024